Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-200.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 3191504)
Guys, watch out ! I have seen cops pulling over cars with such boards. I have also seen cars being driven around with "REGISTERED" stickers. There seems no clear understanding if they will catch "For Regn" cars, but do watch out.

I was given to understand that as long as you carry the registration documents, it should be fine. Is that not the case?

Anyhow, I hope it does not come to that and I get the plates on Monday.

@Sup?, yes, that should be fine.
But "FOR Regn" would mean that the vehicle is not registered yet. I think If you have the tax receipt & Insurance, your vehicle is "REGISTERED"

Remember one thread/post on TBHP where the dealer messed up & had not complete the registration. The owner was fined a few thousand for driving with an un-registered vehicle.

btw, all the best with your new ES. Wishing you a long & happy ownership.

Very true. If you have tax paid rpt, it means the vehicle is registered. So you should not have "for registration" status on your vehicle.

Would suggest; the moment the plates become available, you be there and get them installed the next instant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 3191504)
Guys, watch out ! I have seen cops pulling over cars with such boards. I have also seen cars being driven around with "REGISTERED" stickers. There seems no clear understanding if they will catch "For Regn" cars, but do watch out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3191537)
Very true. If you have tax paid rpt, it means the vehicle is registered. So you should not have "for registration" status on your vehicle.

Would suggest; the moment the plates become available, you be there and get them installed the next instant.

If my information is correct, the time for registration varies from state to state. In Kerala you have to get the car registered in 5 working days. In Andhra you have to get the car registered within one month. In Karantaka, you have to get the car registered from the showroom itself

Hi guys

Got my tit+ (O) yesterday could someone share a few pics of the floor mats that was part of the essentials pack please. My sa says the floormats on my car are the extra ones just wanted to make sure. Didn't get freshner but got the document holder and keychain.

Will share some pics soon

Thanks Srini

Quote:

Originally Posted by switz (Post 3191602)
Hi guys

Got my tit+ (O) yesterday could someone share a few pics of the floor mats that was part of the essentials pack please. My sa says the floormats on my car are the extra ones just wanted to make sure. Didn't get freshner but got the document holder and keychain.

Thanks Srini

Congrats buddy.Awaiting your pics.
Which color and variant did u pick?

Quote:

Hi guys

Thanks Srini

Hi Srini

I see you are from Chennai. What color did you get? My dealer in Chennai (MPL Ford) claims there are hardly any shipments of the Titanium Optional Diesel, especially Mars Red color that I chose.

I had booked in the "pre-pre-booking" stage (in May) and I could see I was in sequence number 28 in their list more than a month ago, when they showed me their list last month.

I am finding it hard to believe that my allocation has still has not come, I heard over 150 Ecosports have been delivered across Chennai. I am not sure the dealer is following the booking sequence objectively when allotting cars. I am wondering if it would help if I contact Ford directly.:Frustrati

Quote:

Hi guys

Thanks Srini

Hey, you must have got the drivers floormat as complementary from the company, all the other mats are of similat quality and texture

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuv2390 (Post 3189781)
The Maximum Retail Price for the ESSENTIAL PACK inclusive of all the 6 items above is not more than Rs. 4500/- but dealers in Mumbai have decided to charge Rs. 6000/- and give only 3 out of 6 items. I am currently fighting with Bhavna Ford with the help of Ford India customer care to get the refund of Rs. 1500/- and also have them deliver the remaining 3 items! They should be giving it to me today hopefully, post which I will attach the pictures here.

For all those who have booked the car, please send an email to Ford customer care and demand the remaining 3 accessories as well as refund the any amount charged beyond Rs. 4500/-.

Hey
Congratulations on your review but I am not able to access it, any particular reason?It is saying you donot have permission.
Please help

Quote:

Originally Posted by johannskaria (Post 3191484)
Somehow I'm denied permission to read your

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojoinassi (Post 3191501)
Even I am denied the permission to read the review. Earlier I thought it was because I was a "newbie"
Any other possible reasons?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3191707)
It is saying you donot have permission.
Please help

Sorry guys, the mods wanted me to improve the quality of the review so it was moved to the Assembly line until I made the relevant changes!

It is now up on the same link that I had shared before:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...st-silver.html

This is just a thought but I need your views.

I am taking delivery of Ambiente version of Ecosport this week.Now the thing is there is no 3.5" MFD screen on my dashboard or a reverse parking sensors/camera, can I fit a 3.5" Xenos Reverse parking screen into the space ??? In my opinion the integration would look great provided it fits. Has any one tried to do the same? How difficult is it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anumod (Post 3191591)
If my information is correct, the time for registration varies from state to state. In Kerala you have to get the car registered in 5 working days. In Andhra you have to get the car registered within one month. In Karantaka, you have to get the car registered from the showroom itself

I thought you take the car from the showroom only after registration. Thats the best practice all the time. Its just that the number is not assigned at the time of registration. That happens later the day. Hence you can drive for a couple of days with "just registered" tag.

Mostly the plates are done immediately after the number assignment. Many get the plates done on their own, while many choose to get it done by the dealer.

I dont know if takes that long to register. I think one should not drive a new car out of the showroom without registering it. (Not sure about this one month window).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3191825)
I thought you take the car from the showroom only after registration. Thats the best practice all the time. Its just that the number is not assigned at the time of registration. That happens later the day. Hence you can drive for a couple of days with "just registered" tag.

Mostly the plates are done immediately after the number assignment. Many get the plates done on their own, while many choose to get it done by the dealer.

I dont know if takes that long to register. I think one should not drive a new car out of the showroom without registering it. (Not sure about this one month window).

In Andhra, first the dealer does the temporary registration and that is valid for 1 month and if you fail to register in month, you need to a flat fine of just 200 Rupees.

In Kerala if you don't register in the prescribed 5 days you need to pay a fine of 2000 rupees for each day and if police or RTA officials catches you, the fine is very hefty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johannskaria (Post 3191811)
This is just a thought but I need your views.

I am taking delivery of Ambiente version of Ecosport this week.Now the thing is there is no 3.5" MFD screen on my dashboard or a reverse parking sensors/camera, can I fit a 3.5" Xenos Reverse parking screen into the space ??? In my opinion the integration would look great provided it fits. Has any one tried to do the same? How difficult is it?

Hope this works, there must be after-market items available in Brazil etc. whee the Ecosport has been on sale for a long time now

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3191825)

You are right one should not drive a car without registering it.
But registration can be of two types:
1.Permanent
2.Temporary

In case of temporary registration, you have time of 1 month post which you have to get permanent registration.
Temporary registration costs are additional. For people who dont stay in Metro or place which dont have car showrooms and yet have an RTO, usually get temporary registration and within 1 month time get permanent reg at RTO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 3191887)
For people who dont stay in Metro or place which dont have car showrooms and yet have an RTO, usually get temporary registration and within 1 month time get permanent reg at RTO.

Thanks. That makes sense.

But if you buy within a state, is it still mandatory to register in the same RTO region, where you stay ? Or a registration within the same state would suffice?

Sorry guys this is going OT.