Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2013, 08:40   #3016
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Without prejudice to anyone, pulling stings to get the car delivered out of turn mocks all those who stand in queue trying to follow rules.

I hope that was not the case here.

Cheers,
Old 29th July 2013, 09:07   #3017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Without prejudice to anyone, pulling stings to get the car delivered out of turn mocks all those who stand in queue trying to follow rules.

Cheers,
What rule? Which code? Criminal? Civil? Nothing prevents the dealers from selling to whoever they like.

And, Ford has left us at he mercy of the dealers. With wafer thin dealer margins, ford is literally allowing the dealers to get money selling the cars out of turn, by bundling accessories, if not adding a premium.

If you are talking about ethics, you forget that we are still living in India. Never jumped a queue?

Ps: The "you" here is not personal.
ecosport is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 09:14   #3018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Owners of the EcoSport please comment on the fuel economy figures you are getting from your car, specially the 1.5 Diesel and the 1.0 Ecoboost.
I have the ecoboost. Got 11.5 kmpl in the first full-tank test. More details are available in my ecoboost initial ownership report (don't want to copy-paste it here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post

I had a friendly chat with Fortune Ford AGM recently, and he says he's getting unbelievable pressure for an allocation - he even got a call from the CM's office on one occasion. He says that several prospective customers have paid up to the last rupee, and still haven't gotten an allocation (I'm not implying in any which way that Rodeo did any of this to get his car delivered in a week).

Disclaimer: I booked my car on June 15 (the day official pre-bookings were accepted, without pricing or TD available) and got delivery on July 10.

Last edited by saisrujan : 29th July 2013 at 09:17. Reason: Added clarification
Old 29th July 2013, 09:21   #3019
BHPian

The Ecosport looks great, spotted three in my area (Sahakarnagar/Kodigehalli) yesterday (M.Red, Blue and Sliver). All were from Lathangi Ford, guess they got their shipment. Happy Motoring to all the Ecosport owners
Old 29th July 2013, 10:35   #3020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
This is just a thought but I need your views.

I am taking delivery of Ambiente version of Ecosport this week.Now the thing is there is no 3.5" MFD screen on my dashboard or a reverse parking sensors/camera, can I fit a 3.5" Xenos Reverse parking screen into the space ??? In my opinion the integration would look great provided it fits. Has any one tried to do the same? How difficult is it?
I am hoping to do that too! Kindly keep us posted on what you finally do!
This car certainly needs the rear sensor & camera! I am hoping to get my car delivered on Wednesday. Fingers crossed

Advance congratulations on your delivery tomm!
Old 29th July 2013, 11:35   #3021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
I am hoping to do that too! Kindly keep us posted on what you finally do!
This car certainly needs the rear sensor & camera! I am hoping to get my car delivered on Wednesday. Fingers crossed

Advance congratulations on your delivery tomm!

Surely will keep you posted.
Well thank you !!!

And here is a Snapshot of Ford EcoSport featuring on yesterday's Top Gear episode
even though they were criticizing for the number of Grills it has and its Voice command systems (Which I quite dislike) , which I don't support but quite hilarious on a constructive note
Attached Images

Last edited by johannskaria : 29th July 2013 at 11:55.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 11:39   #3022
BHPian

Quote:
Surely will keep you posted.
Well thank you !!!

And here is a Snapshot of Ford EcoSport featuring on yesterday's Top Gear episode
I saw that too this morning. They weren't too happy with the huge grill upfront, "The 1ltr engine would be shivering in there with huge radiator grills"
Old 29th July 2013, 11:56   #3023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I saw that too this morning. They weren't too happy with the huge grill upfront, "The 1ltr engine would be shivering in there with huge radiator grills"
Well thats the worst they could come up with!
Which means they had no other complaints
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 12:00   #3024
BHPian

Quote:

Well thats the worst they could come up with!
Which means they had no other complaints
Well it was in the news section and not the reviews, so I guess they could only pick on the looks. Also said its like a fiesta on stilts which is true sort of.
Old 29th July 2013, 12:13   #3025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
And, Ford has left us at he mercy of the dealers. With wafer thin dealer margins, ford is literally allowing the dealers to get money selling the cars out of turn, by bundling accessories, if not adding a premium.
The dealers margins are not exactly wafer thin. These are as high as 20-40% (approximately) of the invoiced cost to customer, & for cars like Innova, etc it is even higher for obvious reasons. If this wasn't the case, why would these open chain of dealerships. I personally know a family has multiple dealership of Tata, VAG & another foreign manufacturer in some of best locations in NCR.

Showing overbooking &/ or forcing compulsory accessories is just a way of milking customers, as many times these (over) bookings is like underwriting, for creating a false impression of demand & then allotting vehicles from own booking for premium which is paid in cash (creating black money), & high return on sums invested in underwriting/ booking of new cars.

Have you ever noticed the pattern of launch, all vehicles will have thousands of numbers booked in initial few days, irrespective of manufacturer, but, then the monthly numbers won't justify the overbookings, e.g. - Chevy Sail had quoted 13k bookings some time back & they haven't managed to sell the numbers till date. If they had the firm bookings, they would have required to divert some of slow selling model (s) production capacity for these cars & make sure these are more visible on roads to create more demand.
Old 29th July 2013, 12:40   #3026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Well it was in the news section and not the reviews, so I guess they could only pick on the looks. Also said its like a fiesta on stilts which is true sort of.

Well then its a good thing! Coz Fiesta is one of their best car in the world !!
And to be on its platform and bin sharing would be great

Last edited by johannskaria : 29th July 2013 at 12:54.
Old 29th July 2013, 13:17   #3027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
The dealers margins are not exactly wafer thin. These are as high as 20-40% (approximately) of the invoiced cost to customer, & for cars like Innova, etc it is even higher for obvious reasons. If this wasn't the case, why would these open chain of dealerships. I personally know a family has multiple dealership of Tata, VAG & another foreign manufacturer in some of best locations in NCR.
Cardeep, I beg to differ. The dealer margins are really wafer thin. AFAIK it is around 4-6% of invoice value of the vehicle. The other sources of income for a dealership are insurance, registration charges and accessories. But even if we add all the margins, it would never cross 6-7% of invoice value of the car.

If invoice cost of the car, say, Innova is around 12 lacs, as per your statement, dealer earns 2.4 lacs to 4.8 lacs? Highly unbelievable!

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th July 2013 at 12:49. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Jayant..B is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 13:43   #3028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
If you are talking about ethics, you forget that we are still living in India. Never jumped a queue?
I don't know since when ethics stopped meaning anything. That's precisely why nobody respects Indians (The US may be an exception). But then I agree with you, 90% (or may be more) people in India won't think twice to jump a queue. But that doesn't mean they are right, does that?
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 14:47   #3029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
With long drives it returns the figures in the range 21-23.
Overall the MID shows 19.3 at present.
If you drive a bit sedate , then the instantaneous mileage always show 30+
For anyone planning to buy an Ecosport, the mileage should not be a concern, I should say.
But then , I regularly used to get good fuel averages with my earlier Santro and Swift . So I guess a lot depends on the way you drive also
Thanks for info brother. Is 19.3 Kmpl in City conditions or how it is? need some more clarity on this. I have Booked EcoSport Titanium+ - Kinetic Blue.
Old 29th July 2013, 15:31   #3030
BHPian

Can
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun1010 View Post
Thanks for info brother. Is 19.3 Kmpl in City conditions or how it is? need some more clarity on this. I have Booked EcoSport Titanium+ - Kinetic Blue.
That 19.3 is overall. About 50% inside the city. you can expect a higher mileage in highways and lesser if your drive is confined to the city. You can also take the opinion of other ecosport owners here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks