Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-204.html)

All companies are doing it. I know a friend of mine who influenced the dealer to allocate his swift diesel in 1 month when the waiting period quoted was 6 months. All we can do from our side is constantly follow up with the SA.

Hope the mileage increases after 10K Kms.

Kudos to you for achieving such figures, I think you are feathering the Accelerator pedal. jus' kidding.[/quote]

What you told is right. At least 80-90% of the time i drive like that. Only rarely I try to 'see' what the engine is really capable of

I have booked my Ecoboost Titanium just a week back. Same story of 6 months....
In fact I have given a open color choice too ... Any color except red n blue... Still...
I really doubt this car has got so much booking, seems more like a dealer inflated figure...

What I find strange is that it has been over 1 month from the launch and not even one 1.5l seems to be delivered. I fail to understand why. I know demand for tdci and ecoboost is more but there must be at least 100 of the 10000 bookings(1%) which are 1.5l petrol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojoinassi (Post 3188494)
Pramod - 9656700929. He is a nice guy. Just give him a ring.I think that'll be a better way to track your booking.

Thanks for the number. Spoke to him, nice chap. He says, I can expect it in two months. So, I dont want to offer any other colour choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revv_maniac (Post 3193540)
1st Service done. Also changed the oil and oil filter.

Done 4324 kms so far.

revv,
How has your experience with the vehicle been in these 4k odd kms? Any issues?
What are your views on the build quality? Any rattles/ loose ends?

Test drove EcoSport Diesel yesterday. The vehicle was already driven for about 4500 kms. Liked the power delivery and sturdyness of the vehicle. There were rattles from rear door and somewhere from boot. The SA told me they have kept air pressure of 35psi which is higher than recommended. He could not explain the reason though. Also the glovebox cover was broken.

Overall, the experiece was OK, nothing exceptional. May be the main reason was SA was not at all interested in explaining the features of the vehicle. May be because I was denied a test drive in the dealership and after shooting a mail to Ford MD, the dealer had to send the vehicle all the way covering about 180 kms.

Still interested in the vehicle, only if it is available in 10-15 days time. Can not wait for 10 months. Anyways, my feeling is the waiting period is deliberately inflated by dealers and the vehicles will be available off the shelf within 3-4 months time, just like Duster and XUV5OO.

Came across this article on Indian autos blog. What I find funny is that Ford has commenced/will commence exports from India, while outlandish waiting periods are being quoted to Indian buyers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top-Gear (Post 3193916)
Came across this article on Indian autos blog. What I find funny is that Ford has commenced/will commence exports from India, while outlandish waiting periods are being quoted to Indian buyers!

With such a dramatic fall in the Rupee, Indian management / firm would like to sell as much as it can to maximize profits. So putting exports on priority makes sense from their point of view.

Cheers,

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToyotaFan (Post 3193212)
Booked an Ecosport titanium tdci at riddhi ford last Monday. Am confused between white and mars red. Black is out due to high maintenance. I love mars red but fear it might become monotonous in a few days. Please help?

Hi !

Have you been given a booking number yet ?

I booked with them on 26th June - TDCI - Titanium (Optional) and have been given a booking number of 136 (Total) after much deliberation and a few mails exchanged with Ford India. No date of delivery guaranteed as yet and have been told it could be another 3 months. Even though at the time of booking I was told MAXIMUM 3 months and most probably delivery within 2 months.

Horrible customer service by Ford !

Quote:

Originally Posted by diffsoft (Post 3193926)
With such a dramatic fall in the Rupee, Indian management / firm would like to sell as much as it can to maximize profits. So putting exports on priority makes sense from their point of view.

Well, I am not sure that's the case or is a good strategy. Think of all the people who would have cancelled their bookings because of the enormous waiting period. That's a straight loss arising out of an inability in fulfilling demand. Shouldn't they "strike while the iron is hot"?

As for the rupee depreciation, that's a secular (long term) trend. The rate of depreciation, however would vary from time to time. There could be intermittent periods of rupee appreciation as well. But long term, it would depreciate given the gap in the domestic inflation rate of India and US. Besides, sudden bout of rupee depreciation would not change their strategy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ask4gautam (Post 3194004)
Hi !

I booked with them on 26th June - TDCI - Titanium (Optional) and have been given a booking number of 136 (Total) after much deliberation and a few mails exchanged with Ford India. No date of delivery guaranteed as yet and have been told it could be another 3 months. Even though at the time of booking I was told MAXIMUM 3 months and most probably delivery within 2 months.

Even I have booked a Silver Ecosport Titanium (D) on 29th June 2013,with Riddhi Ford, and I have been given a reference number of 367. This number was was received, yesterday, after multiple emails back-and-forth to the Ford Customer care and MD of Riddhi Ford.

I have really started doubting the way Ford is behaving. For this reference number, I had to fight for atleast 2 weeks. I really really have lost long term faith in Ford as a brand. May be I was too much pampered by the Suzuki customer care.

Even after 1 month, they are now changed delivery in 4 months, rather it was informed as 3 months earlier.

I must say, Ford is not able to capitalize on this wonderful opportunity. Just like the FIAT for Palio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ask4gautam (Post 3194004)

Hi !

My booking number is 578. I got it after 5 days. My SA Samar jain says that i will definitely get my car in early 2014 and it will be a 2014 model. Am just hoping ford does not increase the prices by then. He says I could get the lower variants by diwali but I want airbag and abs.

Woke up Ford India else you will see equally fast fall to your booking numbers as you saw them rising. I am really really pissed off at the attitude of all the dealers to behave in a transparent manner. Seems like another Fiat story building up...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav (Post 3190980)
Is the Spare wheel cover available as a dealer accessory?

Achyuth

Dear Achyuth,

Yes it is a dealer accessory,and as I don't think it is appropriate to repeat, you can check out the comparative pictures on my ecosport initial ownership link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ci-silver.html