Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2013, 18:12   #3061
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Woke up Ford India else you will see equally fast fall to your booking numbers as you saw them rising. I am really really pissed off at the attitude of all the dealers to behave in a transparent manner. Seems like another Fiat story building up...
The damage is already done. Ford chose to make short term gains thereby squandering their reputation. Wonder whether they would be able to build it back ever again.

As you said, look at FIAT. The brand name is near nil. They could do themselves a favor by shutting shop and leaving.
Old 30th July 2013, 18:26   #3062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Dear Achyuth,

Yes it is a dealer accessory,and as I don't think it is appropriate to repeat, you can check out the comparative pictures on my ecosport initial ownership link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ci-silver.html
What's the price of the cover? Also the price of the scuff plates please? Also is a rear armrest available as a dealer accessory?

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 30th July 2013, 20:11   #3063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
What's the price of the cover? Also the price of the scuff plates please? Also is a rear armrest available as a dealer accessory?

Cheers,

Achyuth
1.Spare wheel cover is around 10000
2.Scuff plates are part of individual pack (scuff plates, IRVM camera, spoiler) 23000, separately will cost around 35000
3.The armrest with refrigirator from Waeco is around 10000, the armrest without refrigirator is 1200

All the above are dealer accessories.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 21:13   #3064

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Surely will keep you posted.
Well thank you !!!

And here is a Snapshot of Ford EcoSport featuring on yesterday's Top Gear episode
even though they were criticizing for the number of Grills it has and its Voice command systems (Which I quite dislike) , which I don't support but quite hilarious on a constructive note
I was just wondering, on which channel does Top Gear feature in nowadays?
Thanx.
Old 30th July 2013, 21:29   #3065
BHPian

Got my new headlamps
Philips extreme vision
Much better than the original ones
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-extr-vision.jpg  

Old 30th July 2013, 21:30   #3066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
My booking number is 578. I got it after 5 days. My SA Samar jain says that i will definitely get my car in early 2014 and it will be a 2014 model. Am just hoping ford does not increase the prices by then. He says I could get the lower variants by diwali but I want airbag and abs.
I'm guessing this booking number is dealer specific? Having to wait 6-7 months at 578 is crazy! That suggests a delivery of under 100 vehicles a month.

I booked mine mid-July and am hopeful for a November delivery (Oct according to the SA). Just hope that wasn't an over ambitious date I was promised.
Old 30th July 2013, 23:49   #3067
BHPian

Hey Folks

Someone on another forum created a really neat Google form, which attempts to collate Ecosport bookings across our online communities (at least someone is doing something about it...thanks for nothing, Ford!).

It is pretty interesting to get an idea of what the current booking trends are like, deliveries made so far, etc. Great way to tell if your SA is selling you short on any information! Details below.

FORM: http://goo.gl/joEFNi
RESPONSES: http://goo.gl/CwbfFq
lyneld is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 00:16   #3068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
Got my new headlamps
Philips extreme vision
Much better than the original ones

Is the headlight vision so bad?
How much has the philips improved the vision?
and the cost?

@saran

Well I dont know that. I download the latest episodes via torrent.

Last edited by johannskaria : 31st July 2013 at 00:18.
Old 31st July 2013, 01:35   #3069
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

Just for your information, donot install side steps for any ecosport with 6 airbags as it will interfere with the normal functioning of curtain airbags.

Cheers
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 05:49   #3070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Is the headlight vision so bad?
How much has the philips improved the vision?
and the cost?

It has improved the vision a lot. Earlier it was quite poor. Now I am very happy with the new ones
It was Rs 1100 for 2 bulbs with labour.
It won't interfere with the warranty since it has the same specifications of the original one's.

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st August 2013 at 01:24. Reason: Fixed quotes, thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 06:47   #3071
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
1.Spare wheel cover is around 10000
2.Scuff plates are part of individual pack (scuff plates, IRVM camera, spoiler) 23000, separately will cost around 35000
3.The armrest with refrigirator from Waeco is around 10000, the armrest without refrigirator is 1200
@ES Rules - are you sure about the prices you have quoted ? You seem to have quoted about #2 at about 10 times the price. And a spare wheel cover for 10k ?
Old 31st July 2013, 07:38   #3072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Woke up Ford India else you will see equally fast fall to your booking numbers as you saw them rising. I am really really pissed off at the attitude of all the dealers to behave in a transparent manner. Seems like another Fiat story building up...
I agree with you techfreak. Althogh I have not booked the vehicle, the overall experience with 2 Ford dealerships was really horrible. I was denied the test drive twice. Was asked to wait in a queue for test drive for 2 hours.

After a deep thought and a test drive of diesel ES, I personally feel, Ford is going to mess up with a good product. No customer will wait for 8-10 months for any vehicle in 2013. There will be queue for cancellations and the vehicle will be available with a discount in July 2014, IMO.
Jayant..B is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 08:11   #3073
BHPian

Took delivery of my Trend Diesel yesterday! Booked it on 27th June and got it now though the waiting period was supposed to be 3 months. I guess one this is the only advantage of not being able to afford the top trim .

Went to Rasta Cafe on Mysore road for a long drive at midnight. I kept the revs below 2k most of the time with occasional surges over 2k. With a proper drive under my belt, I can say the following:

1. I have not driven the Duster, but if this is not a magic carpet ride, then I wonder how good the Duster is. ( I am coming from a Wagon R though )
2. I am not sure if this is because of a conscious effort on my part to keep the revs down, but I felt the acceleration in 3rd and 4th gears was not great. I got the feeling I would have to slam the right foot down to get good acceleration but I did not because that is just not how I drive and not just because it is in the run-in period.
3. Head turning magic: A couple of incidents that happened yesterday. I was driving in my neighbourhood gully where children play and cycle all the time. As my car was passing by, one of the kids shouted, "wooowwww, what a Car!!" to which another kid shouted, "Its an Audiiii" and all of them started chasing my car to the end of the street on their little cycles(very cute). Made me smile a lot. Later in the day, at Rasta cafe, people started queuing up to take a look at the interiors of the car!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1080164_10151842921569225_1385850767_n.jpg  

sup? is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 08:51   #3074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post
2. I am not sure if this is because of a conscious effort on my part to keep the revs down, but I felt the acceleration in 3rd and 4th gears was not great. I got the feeling I would have to slam the right foot down to get good acceleration but I did not because that is just not how I drive and not just because it is in the run-in period.
3. Head turning magic: A couple of incidents that happened yesterday. I was driving in my neighbourhood gully where children play and cycle all the time. As my car was passing by, one of the kids shouted, "wooowwww, what a Car!!" to which another kid shouted, "Its an Audiiii" and all of them started chasing my car to the end of the street on their little cycles(very cute). Made me smile a lot. Later in the day, at Rasta cafe, people started queuing up to take a look at the interiors of the car!
congrats sup?. At what time did you take delivery. I was at Elite at around 5:30PM. So dod you receive all that you were supposed to or are there pending items. I still have a long list of items pending.

Do let me know if you find anything new (tips and tricks) in your ecosport . Enjoy your ride and drive safe.
Old 31st July 2013, 08:59   #3075
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post
As my car was passing by, one of the kids shouted, "wooowwww, what a Car!!" to which another kid shouted, "Its an Audiiii" and all of them started chasing my car to the end of the street on their little cycles(very cute). Made me smile a lot. Later in the day, at Rasta cafe, people started queuing up to take a look at the interiors of the car!
Congratulations! Enjoy the attention. The car looks more than a million bucks and costs less than it.
I remember the feeling when on seeing my pulsar 220 (way back in 2007 when it was a rarity) a seriously misinformed kid in the colony shouted "Haayabusaaaa"
On Topic: I am spotting a lot of EcoSports in gurgaon nowadays. One interesting thing i noticed - Generally SUV owners in my side of Gurgaon tend to be the local thug/property dealer/land owner. All of them love their Pajero/Fortuners and even Dusters. But none of the EcoSport owners I saw have been their type. Maybe it doesn't appeal to them as an SUV at all

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks