Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-207.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsdbsd (Post 3195347)
After a lot of time waiting for EcoSport, I finally cancelled my booking of 1.5 AT today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport (Post 3195402)
The AT has been launched, and the SA at Lathangi admitted that they already delivered a AT, while I think the number is 4.

I went to the Fortune / Vibrant Workshop / stockyard in Balanagar today. I saw a Diamond White Titanium AT being prepped for delivery. They were adding the headlamp protectors on it. Not sure who's getting the delivery. The AT does not have any Powershift badgeing on it - it only says Titanium.

And I saw something that couldn't believe. I saw a silver 1.5P Trend variant! It's just waiting in the stockyard - don't think it's ready for delivery yet. It had no badging either - had to look at the sticker to figure out what engine it had.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saisrujan (Post 3195486)
I went to the Fortune / Vibrant Workshop / stockyard in Balanagar today. I saw a Diamond White Titanium AT being prepped for delivery. They were adding the headlamp protectors on it. Not sure who's getting the delivery.

I spoke to an informed source from one of the dealerships about Ecosport 1.5 AT. He mentioned that very few allocations are likely to come and the dealer would expect a premium of Rs.2 lakhs on it as many people are ready to pay that premium. I sent a request for cancellation but no one has acknowledged as yet from the dealership - I guess I will visit them and ask them to process the refund promptly.
Folks any other suggestions for an alternative? I am not buying Ford for sure.

http://overdrive.in/news/ford-india-...-south-africa/

Came across this article in Overdrive. Ford India has started exporting Ecosport to South Africa. In pure financial terms, it does not make any sense at all. Indian currency has depreciated more against South African currency in last one month (which means less $ per unit for Ford Global), wait list is running into six months or more in India (which means immediate cashing option in India for every unit produced in India) and the shipment through sea will add additional 2 to 3 weeks in working capital financing for Ford India/South African dealers (which is again an added cost). Wonder what Ford India and its Global management is up to? Hire a better CFO Mr. Singh if you are listening.

Fellow Bangaloreans,

If any of you guys want to see how the Ecosport looks with the accessories, drop in at Lathangi Ford, Outer Ring Road, Bangalore. Since today afternoon, they have a display vehicle with most accessories done to it, except Sporty Pedals and Weathershields visually.

Quote:

After a lot of time waiting for EcoSport, I finally cancelled my booking of 1.5 AT today. Thanks to the EcoSport community on T-BHP on keeping us posted on everything on this car. All the best.

bsdbsd, I have personally driven the 1.5L Petrol Ecosport for a short spin. Also, my dealer has delivered quite a few 1.5L Petrol vehicles so far. So I can say, they're not just a paper launch. I'm unsure why your dealer treated you that way. You should've shot up a mail to Ford India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreak (Post 3195388)
Wake up... Any one from Ford India reading this..... Wake up guys. I am also contemplating a cancelation and going for a Scorpio... Not much option there but at least unsurerity is not there.

All I can hear is Mr. CEOs laughter on our plight. This gentleman smilingly proclaimed that they have ramped up the production to meet any demand resulting in minimal wait times. What a fool I was to trust his words. Now I realize that its a white lie. If that's what corporate ethics demand, so be it. I will not be part of these machinations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport (Post 3195402)
The AT has been launched, and the SA at Lathangi admitted that they already delivered a AT, while I think the number is 4. If you know anybody influential or have some premium to pay, you can get one any time. If you are a regular citizen, you gotta wait, or buy something else. I would have shifted to the Polo GT without a moment's hesitation, had we not fallen for the Ecosport's looks.

No doubt EcoSport is a great car. Another Bangalore dealer (name withheld to protect privacy) also claimed the same number, but other executives in the same dealership denied the same. The urge to capitalize the hype is irresistible. So what if some of us get shafted. India's ability to assimilate different cultures and integrate into our fabric is undeniable. Ford, being an US company has thrown all decency into the wind and has meekly given up to "Indian" values, rather than percolating their values.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saisrujan (Post 3195486)
I went to the Fortune / Vibrant Workshop / stockyard in Balanagar today. I saw a Diamond White Titanium AT being prepped for delivery. They were adding the headlamp protectors on it. Not sure who's getting the delivery. The AT does not have any Powershift badgeing on it - it only says Titanium.

And I saw something that couldn't believe. I saw a silver 1.5P Trend variant! It's just waiting in the stockyard - don't think it's ready for delivery yet. It had no badging either - had to look at the sticker to figure out what engine it had.

Must be one lucky guy. May be a close relative of Mr. Smiling CEO. See..we do have ATs in our stable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnahelix (Post 3195603)
I spoke to an informed source from one of the dealerships about Ecosport 1.5 AT. He mentioned that very few allocations are likely to come and the dealer would expect a premium of Rs.2 lakhs on it as many people are ready to pay that premium. I sent a request for cancellation but no one has acknowledged as yet from the dealership - I guess I will visit them and ask them to process the refund promptly.
Folks any other suggestions for an alternative? I am not buying Ford for sure.

For me, the key thing is transparency, and minimum decency. Right now, customers are being kept in dark, dealerships are indulging in extortion, and all the while Ford has turned a blind eye towards all this. :deadhorse. I really wonder about the value system being adopted by Ford and their dealerships.

I suggest you to visit the dealership and request for a cancellation. My strong advise is to look at alternatives, where we are being treated with respect.

I booked Honda City V AT, and I am expecting the car this month. Thanks to the many Team BHPians (sandeepmohan, sridhar v, sgiitk, GTO) for providing me with an worthy alternative.

I have absolutely no regrets cancelling EcoSport. I am very happy for the ones who got their deliveries, and wish them trouble free driving for years to come. All the best to Ford too! Off to Honda City threads now...hehe.

The Black Panther just arrived in my garage today!
She is a hot sexy one indeed :)
It was worth the wait and every penny !!!
Next addition to our garage in 3 years... Hope some sexy ones comes out next Auto Expo...
Till then Its EcoSport party time!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by johannskaria (Post 3195711)
Next addition to our garage in 3 years... Hope some sexy ones comes out next Auto Expo...

Congratulations!
Which variant? When did you book it? Details please.
Oh and how about some pictures? :)

To all the people desperate and criticising ford for late delivery
Didnt maruthi do it with swift\dzire?
Didnt mahindra do it with xuv?
Didnt honda do it with amaze?
Didnt renault do it with duster?
Didnt toyota do it with innova?
Didnt vw do it with vento?
Please mention a manufacturer with successful product who has not done this??

Dealers be it ford/maruti or any other aee here to make money and are no different.They will grab the oppurtunity they get.
I dont see a point in blaming the manufacturer. Estimations do go wrong +there are manufacturing constraints and i see ford no different to other manufacturers.

Coming back to ecosport, has anyone here checked on availability of after market accessories? I am predominantly looking for bumper appliques,rear wheel cover,roof cross bars.
Also i am planning to upgrade headlight bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker +. How hard is it to replace the stock bulbs?

Quote:

After a lot of time waiting for EcoSport, I finally cancelled my booking of 1.5 AT today. I had pre-booked the car sometime back in June, but Ford is unable to commit a delivery date for 1.5AT..

AVK Ford in Mumbai has a monthly allocation of 35 Ecosports out of which they expect to get 4 units of 1.5 AT monthly. Though I had booked 1.5 AT on June 26th, I would only be able to get it after 5 months as Mumbai has a high number of 1.5 AT pre-bookings.

Since, I was not in a position to wait for 5 months having sold one of my cars and needed a replacement, I have picked a Linea Petrol from the 2012 stock that was lying with Tata dealers. This is costing me under Rs 7.5 Lacs OTR. Besides, I am getting the dealer to replace the Exide battery with new Amaron battery as well as replace the Goodyear tyres with Bridgestone MY-02 with 3M Anti-rust / Paint protection thrown in. The dealer would absorb 50% of cost of upgrades while I would pay the rest.

Now, I can wait out for the 1.5 AT or for that matter other Compact SUVs that are expected to be launched in the festive season or early 2014. The 2013 Duster is also expected to be launched in Sept and I am hoping that Renault may launch the 4x4 version soon to counter the price onslaught of Ford Ecosport. I am sure other manufacturers must be scrambling to get their offerings quickly in the market to get a piece of the action. :)

Went to Astro ford, to get high security plates for my figo today. The sa who delivered my car, is kinda friend now. He was telling me, people are ready to pay premium of 75-100k for readily delivery.

He said, a week back a guy who owns quite luxury cars like audi, hummer etc paid 75k over price of car and got the car same day. In case you don't want to pay premium wait for 6 months else pay money and get it right away.

It's happening the same way as happened with swift /dzire /xuv, this initial euphoria will go down in a month or so, as now we're getting to see, lot of ecosports on the road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 3195762)

Dealers be it ford/maruti or any other aee here to make money and are no different.They will grab the oppurtunity they get.
I dont see a point in blaming the manufacturer. Estimations do go wrong +there are manufacturing constraints and i see ford no different to other manufacturers.

Well, that was all that you could deduce from what we had been discussing here? Just a naive manufacturer not getting the production numbers right?

The dealer just sold my turn to somebody else. That sounds like a manufacturing issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by johannskaria (Post 3195711)

Congrats on your ride mate.:Cheering:
welcome to the club

Quote:

Coming back to ecosport, has anyone here checked on availability of after market accessories? I am predominantly looking for bumper appliques,rear wheel cover,roof cross bars.
Also i am planning to upgrade headlight bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker +. How hard is it to replace the stock bulbs?

Please check my initial ownership link below ,page 4 for the list and pictures of after market accessories.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3195863

It is very easy to replace stock bulbs,I did it myself with Hella H4 from ford and they are 20 to 30% brighter than night breakers

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameerg001 (Post 3195777)
Went to Astro ford, to get high security plates for my figo today. The sa who delivered my car, is kinda friend now. He was telling me, people are ready to pay premium of 75-100k for readily delivery.

He said, a week back a guy who owns quite luxury cars like audi, hummer etc paid 75k over price of car and got the car same day. In case you don't want to pay premium wait for 6 months else pay money and get it right away.

It's happening the same way as happened with swift /dzire /xuv, this initial euphoria will go down in a month or so, as now we're getting to see, lot of ecosports on the road.

Is this the Astro in Dwarka? I thought they were a service outlet only. I plan to take a test drive, will go over this weekend. Can you PM me your SA's number? Maybe, I'll try to reach him once am there.

Quote:

Mate agree with your opinion on waiting period of the above mentioned cars. But remember that Ford took almost 18 months(after its first appearance) to launch the product in India. Also the top brass of Ford India was commenting that we have set up a production line to cater demand of EcoSport in Indian market with reasonable waiting period. But that is not the case now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 3195950)

Is this the Astro in Dwarka? I thought they were a service outlet only. I plan to take a test drive, will go over this weekend. Can you PM me your SA's number? Maybe, I'll try to reach him once am there.

Yup, it's in dwarka, Sector-5. Sure i'll pm you his number, just give him my reference.

Astro have both service and showroom at dwarka, probably I would be there at the weekend too.