Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-21.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasanthn21 (Post 3134340)
The above statement is only true given all other factors remain constant, but there are many other factos which vary from car to car. Factors like, the wheel base, the CG, the suspension setup etc. Hence the above statements cannot be taken in isolation. If it were true, then Tata Nano, M800 and Alto should have handled better than Puntos and the Fiestas.

Absolutely. Someone is taking some sense finally. Someone asked how is weight related to handling. And to my response people started comparing handling of different cars on the basis of weight. Ridiculous! Anyway, my point was putting any car on a diet (keeping other factors same including weight distribution) will improve handling.

Excellent review viddy! Two thumbs up like the movie critics say :D
Can't wait to test drive the ecosport myself. Interesting to see how Ford prices it as well... could make or break the car like it did (break) the Fiesta.

How about a more detailed ecosport vs duster shoot-out? Am sure many (myself included) would love to read that!

http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/3...est-drive.aspx

Autocar now has the Ecosport diesel review up on their site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 (Post 3134420)

Thought of sharing the same and its already here :).Just went through that. They seem impressed with diesel. Also what seems confusing is their update on how entertaining to drive Ecosport is. Now that is not possible without a good steering response.

13.72 for 0-100KM/H and 168KM/H top speed is pretty decent figures for Ecosport.

Awesome review. I don't think any magazine or site can get this detailed.

I'm finding it weird that ecosport is compared with all sorts of cars which isn't fair. There is no point in finding mistakes for the sake of finding one. This review is well balanced and gives comprehensive view.

Indian market finally has a true urban uv, which is compact to take on traffic, rugged enough to take on urban infrastructure during rains, fuel efficient variants, futuristic design, loads of safety features. To me, it's a complete vehicle for daily and weekend need of an urban customer. Most urbans are nuclear and seating 4 comfortably is good enough. Large families or true offroaders have several other options.
Kudos to ford for getting ecosport to our shore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 (Post 3134420)

The reviewer mentions that"
"the stiff suspension setup lends it a certain agility and it’s got a well-weighted steering which, aided to its good body control, makes it really entertaining to drive on the twisty stuff."

@Vid: Is it possible that the diesel and the Ecoboost you drove have different tuning/ calibration for the EPS? Does it make sense to do so? I will be on cloud nine if the steering is as described above instead of the Hyundai-esque nightmare!

All the Duster trolls in this thread can take a rest.

"What the EcoSport is, then, is a genuine rival to Renault’s segment-defining compact SUV. It does everything as well as the Duster, but in a more sophisticated, up-to-date and desirable manner. Renault has set the benchmark quite high, but in the EcoSport, Ford has a genuine shot at crippling the Duster’s sales. And that’s without factoring in the price advantage the Ford is likely to have when it is launched this June. "

http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/3...t-drive.aspx/3

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotoNanu (Post 3134450)

The reviewer mentions that"
"the stiff suspension setup lends it a certain agility and it’s got a well-weighted steering which, aided to its good body control, makes it really entertaining to drive on the twisty stuff."

@Vid: Is it possible that the diesel and the Ecoboost you drove have different tuning/ calibration for the EPS? Does it make sense to do so? I will be on cloud nine if the steering is as described above instead of the Hyundai-esque nightmare!

I would think that there would be some difference in the setup of the steering thanks to the greater weight of the diesel engine. Most cars with different engine options have a similar difference.
However, please also check the EcoBoost review from ACI, if the review mentions a similar thing, it may be that their standards are different from Vid's standards.

Thanks Vidyut and GTO for super review. Now I wish to know which one should I choose from the petrol engine , 1.5 L or the Ecoboost and why , all ecosport fans please contribute

Regards
Amol

Quote:

Originally Posted by amolathalye (Post 3134502)
Thanks Vidyut and GTO for super review. Now I wish to know which one should I choose from the petrol engine , 1.5 L or the Ecoboost and why , all ecosport fans please contribute

Regards
Amol

Just my opinion.
If your running is less than 500KM-700KM/month and mostly in city and prefernece is more of sedate/relaxed driving it is 1.5L petrol. You get to choose AT as well.

If your running in 700KM-1200KM/month which includes good amount of highway rides and preference is more of performance oriented involving high revs,quick shifts it is 1.0L Ecoboost.

And If your running is above 1250KM /month and preference is a allrounder then it is 1.5L Diesel.

And yes you will have to consider the price factor as well.

While there are a lot of comparisons to Duster most of us are expecting Ex-Showroom price of the Diesel to be priced at around 7-8 lakhs.
Well between 7-8 lakhs we have a apt car(Pricewise) to compare aka "Quanto".

Feature wise I found the Ecosport Trend variant and Quanto C6 a lot similar. Quanto C6 Ex-showroom price is about 7.30 lakhs on an average. Leaving apart the space offered, Ecosport beats Quanto in all other departments hands down.(Looks, handling, FE, Interiors etc). We should be willing to pay anywhere near a lakh extra for all these pluses.
So a realistic price for the base diesel is 8+ and I think such the price is pretty well justified.

Mod Note : The topic of kerb weight and its effect on handling can continue at this link. Please avoid taking this thread off-topic.

Thanks!

EcoSport bookings have commenced.

Source: AutocarIndia
Ford dealerships have started taking bookings for the upcoming EcoSport. The booking amount for the same is Rs 50,000, with deliveries being made by end June or early July.

While it has not been confirmed yet, Ford is expected to launch the EcoSport by mid June.

When it is launched here, it will be available in four trims – Ambiente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium Optional – and three engine options. These include a 1.5-litre diesel, 1.5-litre petrol and Ford’s much lauded 1.0-litre turbocharged and direct injection EcoBoost engine that puts out 123bhp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3134672)
EcoSport bookings have commenced.

Source: AutocarIndia
Ford dealerships have started taking bookings for the upcoming EcoSport. The booking amount for the same is Rs 50,000, with deliveries being made by end June or early July.

While it has not been confirmed yet, Ford is expected to launch the EcoSport by mid June.

When it is launched here, it will be available in four trims – Ambiente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium Optional – and three engine options. These include a 1.5-litre diesel, 1.5-litre petrol and Ford’s much lauded 1.0-litre turbocharged and direct injection EcoBoost engine that puts out 123bhp.

I doubt these are official bookings. The dealers might have just started unofficial bookings and collecting money on their own.

For their launch of the year, Ford will have a huge marketing push I'm sure, they day they announce the variants, price and bookings open.

Great review! Covered up several details on the vehicle.

Penned down few points (please excuse if I missed any point while reading the review)
1. Any idea on level of feedback of the electric power steering?
2. Mileage figure with AC ON in city with bumper to bumper traffic for petrol & diesel? (Too early to ask this query: with bad driving roads OR worst figure of mileage)
3. How did the vehicle perform at up-hill ghat sections of GOA?
4. While overtaking on NH-17, was there any necessity to change gears?
5. Level of NVH when compared to its competitors for Eco-Boost?
6. How responsive is the OEM Audio Head Unit? Phone dialing lag time? Phone pick up time?

A highlight on the price differences on EcoSport Petrol/Diesel selection will greatly help.