Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2013, 22:40   #3226
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
If anything else doesn't work, the Terrano is going to be unveiled on the 20th of this month, which is intriguing isn't it?
I booked my Ecosport on the 15th of July. If they take a lot of time to deliver the car to me, I will have to look elsewhere as well. (With a heavy heart though, because I love the Ecosport)
Yes Dekay with heavy heart indeed terrano i'm no sure for a simple fact that it will be priced higher and i dont have budget to extend
i hate to fight for small things like this
please do look at ford india's reply when i asked for for help
i am very disappointed will try talking to manager of sales once and will take a call
if nothing goes well i'm cancelling my booking for sure
i dont care how good the car is it will be out dated a few years later and this attitude of the SA deserves the treatment ie Cancellation.
anilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 23:22   #3227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
this is the reply what i got

Dear Sir ,

We are in receipt of your mail and noted down the contents .

We sincerely value your patronage for Ford India and appreciate the business you have given us. We wish to inform you that there has been an overwhelming response to the new variant hence causing a huge demand which has resulted in the delay in the delivery status. We are on one hand very excited and happy with the situation, this is a situation that every car manufacturer would want to be in ,however on the other hand we sincerely regret that we are not able to support you in this regard . We apologize if we have not been able to meet your expectations.

We request you to contact our dealership for the availability, since the dispatches of the vehicle would also be based on the order priority across dealerships based on the order placed with us by them.
Looks like an automated response.

I have been following up with all 3 Ford dealers in Chhattisgarh since April, and upon being told a few days back that Ford India hasn't launched the EcoSport in Chhattisgarh yet, decided to shoot an email to Ford Customer Care.

My email :-

Quote:
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2013 11:56 PM
To: Customer, Care (custmail@ford.com)

Subject: When is the EcoSport coming to Chhattisgarh?

Hello Ford,

My name is Avi**** and I live in *****, Chhattisgarh.

The nearest Ford dealership to me is Vansh Ford, Raipur. After that there's Sairam Ford, Bhilai & Simon Ford, Bilaspur.

When I contacted Vansh Ford, Raipur (it has a sub-dealership here in *****) about a week back regarding details of the EcoSport and it's OTR prices, I was told that the EcoSport hasn't been launched in Chhattisgarh yet.

Is that true? If yes, when is Ford India planning to bring the EcoSport to Chhattisgarh?

I am very interested in the EcoSport and currently debating over it to be my next car.

I even SMSed my contact details to the persons in Vansh Ford, saying I needed details/updates, but haven't got any heads-up from them yet.

I would be very thankful for details on the same. I am specially interested in the 1.5 TiVCT Titanium and the 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium.

Thank you in advance,

Avi****.
The reply I received at 3:30 PM in the afternoon, earlier today :-

Quote:
Dear Sir ,
We are in receipt of your mail and noted down the contents .
We sincerely value your patronage for Ford India and appreciate the business you have given us. We wish to inform you that there has been an overwhelming response to the new variant hence causing a huge demand which has resulted in the delay in the delivery status. We are on one hand very excited and happy with the situation, this is a situation that every car manufacturer would want to be in ,however on the other hand we sincerely regret that we are not able to support you in this regard . We apologize if we have not been able to meet your expectations.
We request you to contact our dealership for the availability, since the dispatches of the vehicle would also be based on the order priority across dealerships based on the order placed with us by them.
Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.
Thanks and Regard,
Abesheik.H,
FIL – Customer Relations,
1800-425-2500 BSNL/MTNL 6000-2500 Add STD code of your state capital
So much for Customer "Care", indeed!

It's going to be the classic case of Volkswagen all over again. Even today I receive repeated calls from VW Central, Mumbai, asking if I am interested in the Vento, 20 months after I tried to buy one and pursued them in vain for 3 months, when they simply weren't interested to get back to me, and just went for the Honda City eyes closed.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 5th August 2013 at 23:24.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 23:28   #3228
BHPian

Quote:

Yes Dekay with heavy heart indeed terrano i'm no sure for a simple fact that it will be priced higher and i dont have budget to extend
please do look at ford india's reply when i asked for for help
i am very disappointed will try talking to manager of sales once and will take a call
if nothing goes well i'm cancelling my booking for sure
i dont care how good the car is it will be out dated a few years later and this attitude of the SA deserves the treatment ie Cancellation.
DeKay, Anil,
At the end of the day it's a car. I know most car purchases are those that pull at your heart strings. However, given that ford has absolutely no regard for malpractices by its dealers, my advice would be to wait and watch.

Every dog has his day and ford is doing what every manufacturer with a successful product in India does. Completely antagonize customers without realizing that sooner rather than later, that initial rush will dry up and then when they're sitting on stocks and discounting their cars, they'll demand the government cut taxes or introduce a stimulus plan.

Unless you have an urgent need for a lookalike suv, there are awesome cars to be had in the market for great discounts. Sit back and watch the mess ford's creating unfold. It will be fun.

Just out of curiosity, I went to the Ford dealership in Mumbai. I have to say that I have never met such uncouth and arrogant staff. And with their kind of attitude, you'd think they were handing out the car for free.

Just as the duster and the swift and the dzire, the ecosport too will find its market shrinking. And then the fun will begin.

This rant is just my two cents.
djpeesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 23:40   #3229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
DeKay, Anil,
At the end of the day it's a car. I know most car purchases are those that pull at your heart strings. However, given that ford has absolutely no regard for malpractices by its dealers, my advice would be to wait and watch.

Every dog has his day and ford is doing what every manufacturer with a successful product in India does. Completely antagonize customers without realizing that sooner rather than later, that initial rush will dry up and then when they're sitting on stocks and discounting their cars, they'll demand the government cut taxes or introduce a stimulus plan.

Unless you have an urgent need for a lookalike suv, there are awesome cars to be had in the market for great discounts. Sit back and watch the mess ford's creating unfold. It will be fun.

Just out of curiosity, I went to the Ford dealership in Mumbai. I have to say that I have never met such uncouth and arrogant staff. And with their kind of attitude, you'd think they were handing out the car for free.

Just as the duster and the swift and the dzire, the ecosport too will find its market shrinking. And then the fun will begin.

djpeesh

I'm in no rush my Skoda Fabia is serving me pretty well in fact i'm more than happy but if my heart pulls for any other vehicle other than ecosport without second choice i will pick that vehicle.
Old 6th August 2013, 08:05   #3230
BHPian

I have a question. How does one get into the car if the battery is dead. To open the bonnet also one would need to open the car. Am I missing something ?
Old 6th August 2013, 08:24   #3231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
I have a question for all the ecosport owners, Can anyone of you hear a clearly audible humming sound from the engine when you release the accelerator pedal while changing gears? This is audible even when you release the accelerator in order to slow down the car? Is this humming noise common? or is it only in my car? Any help would be appreciated!
I get this strange humming sound in mine too. It's darn irritating. I don't what it is.
Old 6th August 2013, 08:37   #3232

Quote:
I'm am very disappointed with Cauvery ford Bangalore by the way how they are handling the bookings i booked Ecosport Diesel titanium optional on 02/07/2013. My booking number is 85.
The SA Adarsh had told me the expected date of delivery august last week or September 1st week.
today I happened to visit the dealership SA told me that i would get my vehicle by march 2014
He also mentioned to pressurize the dealership with influence and he would be able to deliver in a month.
As per his data they receive about 150-170 vehicles every 3 months. we all know that diesel are being given to dealerships in large number. As per my calculations I have to get the vehicle by this month end but this is unfair to take advantage by these dealerships its not that i cant use influence why should I use influence to get my vehicle delivered as if we are not paying them in the money. This is betrayal of highest order can anyone believe that he is getting 3 titanium optional vehicles per month
I am highly annoyed by this response of cauvery ford magadi road Bangalore
I choose them over metro ford, Elite and latangi ford for a simple fact that they had good customer satisfaction maybe now they lost one.
Mate, that seems to be the way of life. I booked the vehicle on June 14 - Mars red titanium (o) TDCi at Elite ford. Still to hear anything from them. I have written to ford and they have written back to the dealer asking him for details and so the loop goes on.

I am indeed disappointed - people are using influence to jump queues - the mortal ones like us have to wait till the who's who have been served.
ZENith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 09:20   #3233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I have a question. How does one get into the car if the battery is dead. To open the bonnet also one would need to open the car. Am I missing something ?
The EcoSport got a keyhole in the door handle along with the sensor. You can use the key inside the remote to open it manually.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 11:49   #3234
BHPian

Quote:
DeKay, Anil,

Golden words. You couldn't have said it better. I strongly suggest to anyone who is getting played by Ford to pay them back in the same coin. To be fair, I had a better experience with my dealer, who was transparent enough to admit their inability in delivering their car. But, they never forgot to cut 3k from the booking amount.

Last edited by bsdbsd : 6th August 2013 at 12:13. Reason: Corrected a typo.
Old 6th August 2013, 12:31   #3235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
So much for Customer "Care", indeed!
Its Customer Scare. No more care. Either they are scared of us, or we should be scared of them.

Mods: Feel free to delete this post. Doesn't add value to discussion, but couldn't resist posting.
Old 6th August 2013, 12:43   #3236
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
At the end of the day it's a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Golden words. You couldn't have said it better. I strongly suggest to anyone who is getting played by Ford to pay them back in the same coin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Its Customer Scare. No more care. Either they are scared of us, or we should be scared of them.
I agree with all you have to say, but here is the thing:

I want a new car as soon as possible, since the Indica Vista I'm going to replace is too much of a pain in the behind to cope up with. I already own a Rapid and a Manza, so those are out of the picture. The Vento is basically a Rapid. The top end Verna SX(O) is out of my budget, as my budget to replace the Indica is restricted to 12L OTR.
I didn't like the Sunny or the Scala at all. I loved the Linea TJet, but rising petrol prices and TATA service are keeping me away from it.

So at this stage, the Ecosport with its host of safety features and ground clearance makes a lot of sense to me. Moreover, it perfectly fits into my budget.

Last edited by DeKay : 6th August 2013 at 12:44.
Old 6th August 2013, 12:59   #3237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I want a new car as soon as possible, since the Indica Vista I'm going to replace is too much of a pain in the behind to cope up with. I already own a Rapid and a Manza, so those are out of the picture. The Vento is basically a Rapid. The top end Verna SX(O) is out of my budget, as my budget to replace the Indica is restricted to 12L OTR.
I didn't like the Sunny or the Scala at all. I loved the Linea TJet, but rising petrol prices and TATA service are keeping me away from it.

So at this stage, the Ecosport with its host of safety features and ground clearance makes a lot of sense to me. Moreover, it perfectly fits into my budget.
You can go for the Honda City CNG, which is available in S & V versions, if you do not mind queuing up for refueling. It's got a 65 Liter CNG tank, good enough for 8-10 kgs CNG & one refuel can take you ~150 kms... good enough for City rides. Plus the boot space will still be almost as good as Ecosport's.

But, I guess Ecosport makes sense if you prefer high ground clearance & Mumbai roads, which are not in good shape after the rains.
Old 6th August 2013, 13:59   #3238
BHPian

Spoke to my SA at Harpreet Ford again today. I'm fine with the delay as long as they tell me the reasons but its frustrating calling them every week only to get a stupid reply back.

So today I was told by the SA that my car will not be coming in August also, this is after being assured by the SA's team lead and their manager of delivery towards third week of August.

And you have to listen to the reason - "Sir, as you know the rupee's value has fallen to Rs 61 to a dollar, and the Titanium model has certain imported parts so Ford India is not producing or shipping ANY cars of these models. I will be able to give clearer picture only in September."

This, I know, is complete hogwash and the most brain-dead response I've ever heard.

I'm not in a hurry to get the Ecosport but I'm not willing to be treated like a door mat. I've decided to cancel my booking and avoid Ford till they come begging, which I'm pretty sure is going to happen sooner rather than later.
Old 6th August 2013, 14:55   #3239
BHPian

I am in a different situation than most of them here. I had the vehicle ready and they even gave the date of delivery and asked me start the loan process. Since i couldnt get a good price for my scorpio, i had to push my purchase and told them that i would take the delivery in the next month.
Old 6th August 2013, 15:15   #3240
BHPian

Quote:
I loved the Linea TJet, but rising petrol prices and TATA service are keeping me away from it.

Well, it depends on what your primary buying needs are. If features and ground clearance is what you are looking for then look no further than ecosport. With no offence, I think of Ecosport as more of a jacked up hatchback with safety features of a segment higher but which can tackle bad roads better and looks hot; and going by how Ford and its dealers are taking the customers for a ride, I would wait at least another year before buying the Ecosport for all the things to settle down. If Ford and its dealers are making a mess in delivering the cars, I wonder how they would handle the after sales. Especially the initial niggling issues with a new vehicle. And its not that they were doing a great job when they had only the Figo doing the sales number. I can tell that after owning the car for 4 years now.
As far as Linea goes, I can safely say that no car in that price bracket can match the fantastic driving experience this car gives. It is an almost perfect combo of engine, suspension,steering and looks but put down by most other things.
I would suggest you to wait a little more since a lot of new developments are going to happen around Diwali and that is if you keep your cars for really long time. We can assume even Duster and Storme coming out with massive discounts. Have a look at some good used car options if you cant wait.

Most Viewed