Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2013, 00:38   #3286
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
2.what does the total maintenance plan cover/not cover?, IMO it is always better to go extended warranty just in case any expensive component fails, had an experience with my Honda civic and saved me from an expensive bill.
It is explained here - http://www.india.ford.com/ford-servi...al-maintenance

Not a very detailed explanation and I did not want to pick the brains of haughty SAs. First hand experience of Ford owners would be very helpful though.
Old 9th August 2013, 00:42   #3287
BHPian

Hello people,

Been sometime since I posted on this forum.

I have been quite busy with work. Moved to Dubai. Sold off the civic. Retained my dzire as I did not require a second car in India

Now I have been using a Ford Taurus in Dubai. (More on that in a seperate thread)

So being happy with that I decided to try out the new Ecosport. And since I would be spending very little time in India I decided to buy the Ecoboost.

Initially booked a white Ecoboost Titanium option pack on 24th June. And was promised delivery around 15th of July. But when the time came, they could not deliver.

The service advisor called on the 24th of July saying that someone who had booked a white titanium ecoboost was wanting to change for a diesel and this was available if I wanted it. And since I could get the seat covers done and it had all the basic safety features I opted for it.

I am attaching a few pics of the car. Will take some more and start a seperate thread in a few days.

Currently got the spare wheel cover. Bumper appliqués and seat covers next.

And already have the ecoboost racechip, will I stall after the first service :-) and installing Hella 700ff's on the front. I find the lighting to be a little inadequate.

This post is a little hurried as I am posting from my phone. Will do a more detailed thread on both the Ecosport and Taurus in a few days.

Ajit
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image677603554.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image3796123404.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image2173208228.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image4067823371.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image2757076882.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image1542658226.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image4255789284.jpg  

civ4647 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 01:11   #3288
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations!

Your photos remind me of the one thing I didn't like the look of during my spotting: the small rear window area. Looking on the bright side (if you see what I mean) I suppose it means less direct sun heat through the glass.
Old 9th August 2013, 01:50   #3289
Senior - BHPian

This had been on my to-do list for far too long,its finally done today thanks to a pestering friend. Took a TD of the Fluidic Verna 1.6D and here's a small comparison with the Ecosport 1.5 Tdci. I don't know if any of you had this in mind,but I sure was confused if a sedan is a better choice at this price range.

Background I've booked a Ecosport 1.5D Titanium (o) from Cauvery Ford on 26th June, expected delivery is some time in September last week. It comes to about 11.3 lakhs after taking 0% depn policy and standard accessories from the dealer. My friends were always saying its a little too much for the car, and also that one can get a proper sedan in that range (of course they were comparing the Ecosport option to some mid variant Verna,Vento Highline etc) I knew the comparison was flawed, and since we already have a sedan buying another one makes no sense at all,but what harm in taking a TD anyway.

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely my own, it is not intended to offend any owner. I've tried to be as fair as possible, but if you do feel i've missed out something important, feel free to point it out

So the comparison is between the Verna SX(o) and the Ecosport 1.5D Titanium(o)

Advantage Verna:
  • Engine: 126bhp and 270nm torque make a difference to the drive. It feels powerful from the word go. In-city and highway drivability is excellent. It can do triple digit speeds all day long without any trouble.
  • Space: The interior space felt a wee bit more when compared to the Ecosport, but it isn't very huge for people to complain IMO. The boot is also bigger than the Ecosport
  • Interior quality is much better than the Ecosport, it doesn't feel cheap
    anywhere. Leather quality is miles ahead of the Ecosport!
  • Nifty features: I wish the Ecosport had a rear view camera,rear centre armrest,auto fold mirrors and auto dimming internal mirror. I know we can get some as accessories but nothing like OEM stuff!

Advantage Ecosport:
  • Price: The variants being compared cost 11.3 lakhs (Ecosport) and 13.65(Verna) lakh respectively! That's a cool 2.6 lakh saved with the Ecosport
  • Handling: Ecosport handles much better than the Verna even though it has 200mm GC. The ride is much better too especially at speed, though the Verna has the edge in-city.
  • The steering feedback on the Ecopsort is a wee-bit better. Make no mistake, both are DEAD,but somehow the Ecosport offers some feedback, however little it might be.
  • Urban SUV: This alone is enough to buy the Ecosport! The compact dimensions and high GC give it versatility like no other.
    Want to use daily for office commute and need compact dimensions ? Check
    Want to head out to a place with very bad roads over the week-end? Check

So finally after TD, I'm glad I chose the Ecosport and booked it in advance. The TD re-emphasized that i'd made the right choice to begin with

EDIT: Its OT but I simply have to mention it. The Hyundai team was brilliant in responding to my request! I called at 1.30 and in 2 hours the car was at my doorstep ready for TD. The SA called me in exactly 2 mins after i'd spoken to a receptionist over the phone. No wonder they sell so many cars. A brilliant product matched with a brilliant sales/marketing team.
Ford on the other hand are lousy. My SA outright denied a doorstep TD as apparently the showroom still sees a lot of crowd even today. I'd give them the benefit of doubt though. But I was able to have a doorstep TD of the Swift a month after its launch!

Last edited by shashank.nk : 9th August 2013 at 01:58.
shashank.nk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 04:26   #3290
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I test drove it last week and did not find that the view through the rear window was restricted in any way.
As a matter of course, I use all the three ORVMs when I reverse or when I glance to see what's happening behind me.
The EcoSport's headroom for a tall person and its overall proportions and glass areas are very comfortable for tightly squeezed city situations.
Perhaps it helps that I am already more or less used to these proportions because I drive a Yeti but even so, for a newbie on an EcoSport, I would say there is no real cause for concern in terms of all round visibility.
It is, quite simply, the BEST vehicle sitting around at that price point at the moment, in my considered opinion, given the state of our roads and general driving conditions here in India.
A perfect combination of pretty much "go anywhere-ability" coupled with "easy daily drive-ability". Top Vehicle in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Congratulations!

Your photos remind me of the one thing I didn't like the look of during my spotting: the small rear window area. Looking on the bright side (if you see what I mean) I suppose it means less direct sun heat through the glass.
Old 9th August 2013, 06:05   #3291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookieraj View Post
I've been quoted extended warranty @ Rs 14,990 and total maintenance plan @ Rs 6200 for the 1.5D Titanium (O). My queries:-
I would like to know that Rs. 6200 is for how many years/km ? I see that there are several term options available.
Old 9th August 2013, 10:24   #3292
BHPian

Quote:
Need advice from Ecosport and other Ford owners

I've been quoted extended warranty @ Rs 14,990 and total maintenance plan @ Rs 6200 for the 1.5D Titanium (O). My queries:-

1. Is there any variance in rates quoted for the two services by dealers in different cities or are these the standard rates for the Ecosport across India?

2. Is it advisable to go for the extended warranty and total maintenance plan? Good/bad experiences are solicited from Ford owners.
Extended Warranty is from Ford Motors and rates are same across India. Logs are maintained centrally. Makes sense to have it.

Total service Plans I would tread cautiously. You are at the mercy of the dealer and all are not honest. I have heard stories from owners of Maruti, Honda, Ford, Hyundai & more where they were treated offhandedly, ended up with shoddy service, reluctance to accommodate service schedules etc.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:32   #3293
BHPian

Ecosport and i20 side by side. Perspective at work too!

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20130808_175137.jpg
Old 9th August 2013, 11:39   #3294
BHPian

Quote:

2. Is it advisable to go for the extended warranty and total maintenance plan? Good/bad experiences are solicited from Ford owners.
I would seriously recommend TMP. I have used this for both my cars (Fusion and Fiesta for 3 years) and really worth taking. As Ford promises, you don't need to pay anything other than for fuel, Oil, and tyres. Don't forget to take 4th year extended warranty as well, Ford covers all electrical and mechanical parts through extended warranty unlike most of the other brands do (Like Maruti, Hyundai, Honda etc.)
Old 9th August 2013, 11:42   #3295
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Ecosport and i20 side by side. Perspective at work too!
Being nearer to the camera the EcoSport looks significantly bigger than the I20.
My Yeti is usually parked next to my colleague's I20 daily and the size difference is not very much.
The height, ground clearance,space, length and width of the Yeti are all a tad more than the I20, visually speaking, but the biggest contrast between the two is the stance.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:47   #3296
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Took a TD of the Fluidic Verna 1.6D and here's a small comparison with the Ecosport 1.5 Tdci. I don't know if any of you had this in mind,but I sure was confused if a sedan is a better choice at this price range.
Nice balanced comparison. Since price/ handling was the major drawbacks of Verna, I'm wondering if Rapid could have had a winning chance against the Ecosport in your comparison?

People compare all sort of vehicles if they fall in the same price range. A friend is asking my help to decide between Ecosport Trend and Xylo 8 seater base variant. (For a family of 3!).

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th August 2013 at 11:48.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:51   #3297
BHPian

I visited Wasan Marine Lines Mumbai with whom i've booked AT version. Here's what showroom manager has to say:
1. 1.5P's production has started and ford will start shipping out 1.5P in the last week of this month.
2. Due to glow plug problem, the shipment schedule has gone haywire. As a result, Ford is facing huge problems in shipping out already manufactured units. Also, due to lack of storage space, the production has slowed down.
3. Most likely, the first 1.5P lot will not have any automatics. Even later, AT allocation per dealer will not be more than 3-4 units.
4. Till now, they have delivered only 5 units (all diesels). I saw three units parked in front of the showroom awaiting registration and getting ready for the delivery.

It looks like an endless wait for people who have booked AT.
Old 9th August 2013, 12:00   #3298
Distinguished - BHPian

I have started preparing my ownership report of my Ecosport (even though I havent received it ). This report will have a short comparison between the Ecosport, Swift and Vento and some details of the Verna. My experience with these cars that share my garage. Hopefully the report should be up in 2-3 weeks.

Update from my dealer
- Assured me that they would deliver before 25th Aug. I hope they wont change their word this time.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 13:19   #3299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Nice balanced comparison. Since price/ handling was the major drawbacks of Verna, I'm wondering if Rapid could have had a winning chance against the Ecosport in your comparison?

People compare all sort of vehicles if they fall in the same price range. A friend is asking my help to decide between Ecosport Trend and Xylo 8 seater base variant. (For a family of 3!).
Thanks CD! Good you brought up the Rapid, I was thinking the same as soon as i finished writing that post.With the Rapid, the equation will surely change and it'll be a tough pick. The best price in blore for the Rapid is 11.5 lakhs or so for the top-end model. This is what I feel

Advantage Ecosport
6 airbags vs 2
Keyless entry
Leather seats (however bad they may be)
Cheaper to service

Advantage Rapid
1.6 TDI
Ride & Handling
Slightly more interior and boot space

As a second car, the Ecosport is very hard to beat, especially so if you already have a sedan at home. If I was looking at either as my primary car, the additional interior space,boot space,engine etc might just swing the decision in favour of the sedans
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 13:49   #3300
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday saw an Ecosport with 4 people inside. I was driving right behind it and noticed that the GC at the back was way too low. It didnt seemed like a 200mm car but more like a Civic. Whatever they had in the trunk could not have lowered it to that extent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks