Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2013, 14:24   #3301
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
I would like to know that Rs. 6200 is for how many years/km ? I see that there are several term options available.
I just checked with my SA. The 'Total Maintenance Plan' that I've been quoted is a package being offered by the dealer, basically under-body treatment and Teflon coating for paint protection. It is not the Ford specified plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal.Wiz. View Post
Extended Warranty is from Ford Motors and rates are same across India. Logs are maintained centrally. Makes sense to have it.

Total service Plans I would tread cautiously. You are at the mercy of the dealer and all are not honest. I have heard stories from owners of Maruti, Honda, Ford, Hyundai & more where they were treated offhandedly, ended up with shoddy service, reluctance to accommodate service schedules etc.
I'll definitely be taking the extended warranty for the third & fourth years. Given the reservations some members have expressed on the issue of Teflon coating for paint protection, I'll forego the dealer's "Total Maintenance Plan" and in stead have only the underbody treatment done at 3M somewhere.
Old 9th August 2013, 14:25   #3302
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
As a second car, the Ecosport is very hard to beat, especially so if you already have a sedan at home. If I was looking at either as my primary car, the additional interior space,boot space,engine etc might just swing the decision in favour of the sedans
+1. This is the exact point. If you are looking at a second car, Ecosport is there right on top. But if its a first buy:

- If you are targeting the hatch territory, then again, Ecosport is fine.
- But if you are looking at some thing spacious, yes Rapid is a good buy.
Old 9th August 2013, 14:50   #3303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This report will have a short comparison between the Ecosport, Swift and Vento and some details of the Verna. My experience with these cars that share my garage. Hopefully the report should be up in 2-3 weeks.
Looking forward to that! Eagerly.
Old 9th August 2013, 16:20   #3304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
+1. This is the exact point. If you are looking at a second car, Ecosport is there right on top. But if its a first buy:

- If you are targeting the hatch territory, then again, Ecosport is fine.
- But if you are looking at some thing spacious, yes Rapid is a good buy.
Well i would not call rapid a spacious car .My garage has a vento and 5 people is a squeeze.but yes compared to ecosport i would say rapid is may be 10% more spacious.
Where rapid is miles ahead is w.r.to fit and finish and engine/gearbox department
Old 9th August 2013, 16:28   #3305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Well i would not call rapid a spacious car .My garage has a vento and 5 people is a squeeze.but yes compared to ecosport i would say rapid is may be 10% more spacious.
Where rapid is miles ahead is w.r.to fit and finish and engine/gearbox department
How does it compare price-wise? I really thought the Rapid was on the higher side, but I must admit I never really checked with a dealer. Any idea what the OR price is?

Quick update from my SA: Apparently delivery is on schedule for first week of November. Considering I booked mid-July, this wait seems reasonable. Just hope its realistic! They haven't delivered a single vehicle yet though, and deliveries are scheduled to start in 10 days - Cauvery Ford, Mangalore.
Old 9th August 2013, 16:53   #3306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyneld View Post
How does it compare price-wise? I really thought the Rapid was on the higher side, but I must admit I never really checked with a dealer. Any idea what the OR price is?

Quick update from my SA: Apparently delivery is on schedule for first week of November. Considering I booked mid-July, this wait seems reasonable. Just hope its realistic! They haven't delivered a single vehicle yet though, and deliveries are scheduled to start in 10 days - Cauvery Ford, Mangalore.
It should be somewhere around 11.5 OTR. Guess there are some offers running on this price.I didnt find the vento/rapid as exciting as ecosport w.r.to fun to drive factor. But the VW engine/gearbox is a gem. I would suggest you give vento/rapid a try if you dont have the time to wait for ecosport.
Old 9th August 2013, 16:59   #3307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civ4647 View Post
Hello people,

And already have the ecoboost racechip, will I stall after the first service :-) and installing Hella 700ff's on the front. I find the lighting to be a little inadequate.

Ajit
Hi Ajit,
Could you tell me from where you bought the Racechip and Hella? And the cost too. did you check on Philips ?
Thanks
Ramesh
Old 9th August 2013, 16:59   #3308
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm sure someone would have asked this - but I simply couldn't find after trying a lot. Does the ECU box always sit on the battery? Does one have to actually remove the ECU from its resting place to just top-up the battery with distilled water? If yes, is it a press-fit? Or screwed in?
Old 9th August 2013, 17:01   #3309
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Agreed. But I was also accounting for boot space requirements. Hence the comment on Rapid or an equivalent sedan.
Old 9th August 2013, 20:05   #3310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post

Hi Ajit,
Could you tell me from where you bought the Racechip and Hella? And the cost too. did you check on Philips ?
Thanks
Ramesh
Hi Ramesh,

The Racechip was ordered straight from their website www.racechip.de. This is the Pro 2 model. Not the base. The top model is the ultimate. The one I ordered is in between.

The Hella's were purchased in Hyderabad by a friend.

I might look at upgrading the stock lights to Phillips as well. The Hellas are not for in city use. I keep driving a lot on completely unlit roads when going to our factory.

Costs as given below.

Please note that I ordered the racechip directly to Dubai, so was charged tax. Don't know how much if ordered to India.

Racechip -
Cost of Unit - 38,916 Rs
Shipping charges - 3648 Rs
Tax in Dubai - 4130 Rs
Total - 46694 Rs

Hella 700ff - 6000 Rs

Will put up some better pics of the unit and lights tomorrow.

Ajit

Last edited by civ4647 : 9th August 2013 at 20:08.
civ4647 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 21:57   #3311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'm sure someone would have asked this - but I simply couldn't find after trying a lot. Does the ECU box always sit on the battery? Does one have to actually remove the ECU from its resting place to just top-up the battery with distilled water? If yes, is it a press-fit? Or screwed in?
"Maintenance Free" sealed battery? No need to top up? That's what I would expect. It would not make sense to cover up something that needed routine maintenance --- or to put sensitive electronics where there might be acid splashes.

Oh, second EcoSport spotting today. ECR. Dark grey (I don't know the Ford colour names as mentioned by some) --- looked even nicer than the black. My hunch is that, within a few days now, I won't be counting, and within a few weeks, I won't be noticing. I can remember counting the Polos, and I think I stopped that long before I had one of my own.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 9th August 2013 at 22:00.
Old 9th August 2013, 22:25   #3312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

"Maintenance Free" sealed battery? No need to top up? That's what I would expect. It would not make sense to cover up something that needed routine maintenance --- or to put sensitive electronics where there might be acid splashes.

Oh, second EcoSport spotting today. ECR. Dark grey (I don't know the Ford colour names as mentioned by some) --- looked even nicer than the black. My hunch is that, within a few days now, I won't be counting, and within a few weeks, I won't be noticing. I can remember counting the Polos, and I think I stopped that long before I had one of my own.
No its not mf. In the picture in official review, the slotted caps for refilling the chambers are visible if i'm not midtaken.
Old 10th August 2013, 00:42   #3313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
Here is my list of spotting of EcoSport's in Vellore and NH46

5 Silver (2 Trend, 1 Ambiente and 2 Titanium)
10 Mars Red (All Titanium)
5 Sea Grey (90% Titanium)
Some beige type colour: 1 Titanium
3 White (All Titanium)
1 Kinetic Blue Titanium
Seems that the early booking log has got over AFAIK. But I still see some T BHPians saying that their car is not delivered yet.

Question (only for BHPians who have booked an EcoSport): What is the current waiting period for you guys?
I have booked a Titanium diesel and waiting period communicated is minimum 3 months.

Quote:
It should be somewhere around 11.5 OTR. Guess there are some offers running on this price.I didnt find the vento/rapid as exciting as ecosport w.r.to fun to drive factor. But the VW engine/gearbox is a gem. I would suggest you give vento/rapid a try if you dont have the time to wait for ecosport.
Well frankly speaking, even I am a bit confused whether at this price, I should be trying out other options as well. ( I feel it is a bit small in size, for this price range)I have booked a diesel Titanium model and waiting period is around 4 months.
Experts! any suggestions?.
My requirements:
1. Family size 3 90% of the time. Though in laws can join occasionally.
2. Safety.
3. Performance
4. Looks.

Last edited by Eddy : 10th August 2013 at 17:55. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 10th August 2013, 12:52   #3314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Hi Thad, that Ecosport on ECR may have been mine. I was out there from 1 PM till 4 PM taking my car for a "maiden voyage" and also gather impressions and photos for the initial ownership review. Mine is a sea grey Titanium-O Diesel.
Old 10th August 2013, 13:15   #3315
BHPian

Received a call from Ford Chennai Plant yesterday evening but I missed it. When I called back, the guy on the other end said they'd give me a call again within 24 hours.

Just received a call from them again and they collected all my booking details. He asked for the Variant, Engine Type and the Color. I asked him about the allotment/delivery period and he said that the dealer should update us about it. People who haven't received the call, be ready to answer when they call. I read elsewhere that this call is for cross checking with dealer's provided details to avoid the proxy bookings from the dealer.

Anyone else got a call from the Chennai plant ?

Also, the already owners of the EcoSport, did you guys get a call from them before the delivery?

Most Viewed