Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2013, 23:22   #3406
BANNED

To clarify the doubts,some of the 1.5P have been alloted,at least in Ludhiana. No EcoBoost till now. Wait of about 1.5-2 months to get our EcoBoost Titanium+
BTW,a family friend is on the verge of cancelling the top end diesel which has landed in the dealer's stockyard already.He booked it on the same day as us.So if we accept a diesel, I could have it tomorrow. Too bad,not worth the extra lakh to us.
Wanted to ask others,have you guys seen any EcoBoost cars delivered in the Northern Region?
Old 13th August 2013, 23:24   #3407
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I test drove both the Ecoboost variant and the Diesel variant and my reaction was the opposite. Inside the city, I felt the Ecoboost version to be lacking in power and I had to keep downshifting a lot. Probably due to the heavy turbo lag. The Diesel on the other hand, flet quite peppy and drivable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
I also felt the same. Infact I have taken 4 TD's for ecoboost and tdci back to back and it has always been the case. I just find the ecoboost to be tad more powerful after 100. The linear torque or the lack of turbo kick makes one feel that it has inadequate power. My baleno seems much less powerful and slower as compared to 1.5 tdci.
Moreover in one of the test drives we had total passenger weight(4 ppl) to be around 400 kgs and still the diesel was peppy till 100-120.
Let me put it this way. The EcoBoost is identical to a traditional diesel with good amount of power in the turbo band, where as the diesel has given that up. I am sure diesel is adequately powerful, but I did not find it so in comparison with EcoBoost.
Old 14th August 2013, 00:28   #3408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post
I saw a bunc h ofEcosport petrols lined up for delivery at Elite Ford's service center.

sup?,

When you say "a bunch" of cars, approximately, how many do you mean? Also, when you say Elite Ford's service centre, I'm confused as to whether they were there for service or prospective deliveries. I'm assuming that they were new cars and were at the service centre for a wash before the delivery at the showroom on the next day. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

A friend of mine got a response from Lathangi Ford that the 1.5Petrol manufacturing is very slow as of now and might take over 3-4 months before the next set of deliveries.. Apparently someone told him that the petrol cars on road are manufactured in June, and in July and August, they'd manufacture only Diesel and EcoBoost variants.

As far as I know, this is not true since I saw a few vehicles with their VIN mentioning July manufacture. I don't understand why the Lathangi Ford people are taking their customers for a ride.
Old 14th August 2013, 00:33   #3409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Wondering why the pics are looking like thumbnails. Is there anyway you can enlarge them ?

Ecosport looks stunning in wet and green munnar landscape

I'll try doing that.Let me see if it works.
I think it should come out fine this time
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-m1.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-m2.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-m3.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-m4.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-m5.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-m6.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-m7.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-m8.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-m9-c.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-m10-c.jpg  

jojoinassi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 07:11   #3410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish.h View Post

sup?,

When you say "a bunch" of cars, approximately, how many do you mean? Also, when you say Elite Ford's service centre, I'm confused as to whether they were there for service or prospective deliveries. I'm assuming that they were new cars and were at the service centre for a wash before the delivery at the showroom on the next day. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

A friend of mine got a response from Lathangi Ford that the 1.5Petrol manufacturing is very slow as of now and might take over 3-4 months before the next set of deliveries.. Apparently someone told him that the petrol cars on road are manufactured in June, and in July and August, they'd manufacture only Diesel and EcoBoost variants.

As far as I know, this is not true since I saw a few vehicles with their VIN mentioning July manufacture. I don't understand why the Lathangi Ford people are taking their customers for a ride.
They were getting them ready for delivery. Its pretty simple why Lathangi or any other dealer for that matter would want you to buy only diesel. More margins obviously!
sup? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 09:06   #3411
Senior - BHPian

EcoSport pics are showering across internet. I am loving it. Especially the rear view is a killer wish fresh rain drops all over the car.

Had been to shivana samudra falls last week and noticed at least 6-7 brand new EcoSports on that route, Though the car is compact it surely has great road presence.
Old 14th August 2013, 14:12   #3412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
I haven't gotten the delivery of my Ecosport yet. I have booked a T(O), so I should be getting the Goodyears with my car. Lets see.
Titanium(O) doesn't necessarily come with Goodyears, it may have MRFs as well. Cars that belong to same lot most likely will have the same tire based on the availability of tires in the plant.
Old 14th August 2013, 14:59   #3413
BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand why the Lathangi Ford people are taking their customers for a ride.
If you live in Bangalore, Lathangi Ford is the last place where you would want to book your car. Even if you live next door to Lathangi Ford, it will be better if you can drive a bit to Metro or Cauvery.
Old 14th August 2013, 15:57   #3414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
If you live in Bangalore, Lathangi Ford is the last place where you would want to book your car. Even if you live next door to Lathangi Ford, it will be better if you can drive a bit to Metro or Cauvery.
Totally Second that. While booking my Figo, I tried Lathagi Ford. Gosh! I don't understand what those guys are smoking. Their salesgirl had no idea about the car. She straightaway started to talk about what is the cost. She even tried to make me understand the maths of how to arrive at the total cost of the vehicle. Eventually booked at Cauvery. They have never let me down so far.

Saw a couple of Ecosports on the road yesterday. Specially a black EcoSport. It looks fantabulous. It is not big but it clearly has decent road presence.

I really want to book that car for my parents but Ford has not even started booking at my home town (Ranchi) and at Jamshedpur the waiting time quoted was 1 year

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th August 2013 at 17:05. Reason: ES = EcoSport. Please don't use short forms for car names, it confuses newbie readers & they aren't easily searchable terms.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 17:48   #3415

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
The engine cannot be stopped when you are driving the vehicle by pressing the start/start. Atleast that is how it is in the i20. It has to be pressed 4 times if you want to turn off the engine while driving.

Ford would have similar arrangement. Need to check.
Went to Ford dealership today to check on the possible delivery of my TDCI Ecosport. There checked with the Service Manager and he confirmed that engine cannot be stopped by pressing the start/stop button, while driving.
Arvind Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 17:56   #3416
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford EcoSport : Initial Ownership Report

Folks

My initial ownership report of the Ecosport Titanium-O TDCi is up on the "Test Drives & Ownership Reports" section:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-sea-grey.html

Thanks in advance for your readership!

84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 17:58   #3417

Experts!, in all probability I might get my hands on my TDCI ecosport, next week.

Please guide on any particular accessory which is useful and can be taken from the dealer.

Also on any specific things which needs to be checked with regard to this new vehicle.
Old 14th August 2013, 18:26   #3418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
If you live in Bangalore, Lathangi Ford is the last place where you would want to book your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Totally Second that.
Cauvery is less than 5 Kms from where I live. Lathangi is over 20. Listening to the vague response from Cauvery Ford over the phone before I booked, I decided to try Lathangi. Lathangi has been quite transparent with me so far. But I dont know how it'd get until the delivery. Too bad for me, cant pull out now.

Also, I received a call from Chennai plant this afternoon and was told that my Petrol 1.5L Trend Mars Red specific priority number is 9 according to Lathangi's list. Any of you guys have any guesses about how long it'd take approx? The guy said August allotments are over.
Old 14th August 2013, 19:52   #3419
BHPian

Quote:
Cauvery is less than 5 Kms from where I live. Lathangi is over 20. Listening to the vague response from Cauvery Ford over the phone before I booked, I decided to try Lathangi. Lathangi has been quite transparent with me so far. But I dont know how it'd get until the delivery. Too bad for me, cant pull out now.

Also, I received a call from Chennai plant this afternoon and was told that my Petrol 1.5L Trend Mars Red specific priority number is 9 according to Lathangi's list. Any of you guys have any guesses about how long it'd take approx? The guy said August allotments are over.
I would be writing a full detailed review of Lathangi Ford later, but here is a snapshot. The responses are always sweet. From the day I pre-booked the car until 2 weeks ago they used to tell me (sweetly) that the first AT car that they would received would be delivered to me, as I am the first AT booking (Jun 9). That went on until the day I learned that the car was delivered to somebody else. I went to their showroom and made a huge noise. They finally admitted that "some mistake" has happened and the "second" car would definitely be delivered to me. Well, now it turns out that the second AT car was also given to somebody else. Even now, whenever I call them, there is no shortage of sweet talk.

What I have come to know is that since there is quite a high demand for AT cars, they are selling it out of turn to their "preferred" customers.

Once you catch them on a lie, you would see the lies pouring like a torrent, attempting to cover the earlier one. When they said, "sir only one was delivered", I asked them, what the color was. "Silver", said one guy, while another one said "red".

I had a bad experience with them a few years ago when we went there to buy a Figo for my friend. They tried to palm us off a accident repaired car. I smelt something wrong in their dealings, and literally smelt all the panels of the car until I found the smell of fresh paint on the rear. My friend walked away shaken, but went and happily bought an i10.

I didn't learn from my mistake, but perhaps somebody else can.
Old 14th August 2013, 20:01   #3420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Revv,
Thank you for the quick summary.

Have you thought about installing a DieselTRONIC Race dynamics box? I have spoken to them and they say that the Box for the Ecosport is going to be out soon. They said that they will remove it for us before the service, so it will not void warranty. I will take a test run on my ecosport after installing the box and see whether it makes a difference. If it does, I will surely buy it. (Once I get the delivery).

Apart from that, how do you find the build quality of the vehicle after driving it for 7k kms? Any rattles?
Build Quality is definitely a lot better (compared to my other car - Dzire). I do hear a couple of rattles.One from suspension while going over bumps at speeds. A thud noise. Other from the left mirror, i got it fixed in the 1st service but it has resurfaced again. I was scared that it is from the Door and fortunately it is not.

About performance, the car is dead below 1500 rpm and you got to be in 1st gear if its loaded. I wish there were 10-15 horses of more power to the 90 ps that is now available. I think a DieselTronic Power Box could do some wonders. Anyways I do not get that kind of mileage that people post. I get 15-17 kmpl in normal driving. I do not Revv it to nuts nor feather the Accelerator pedal. Somehow even after I got used to the 200nm of torque, I enjoy driving my Dzire (G13B).Looks like, Cannot fool the petrol head in me with a new Diesel car

Looking to hear about the DieselTRONIC Race dynamics box, I actually asked the same a couple of months back in the All New Fiesta TDCi thread but got no replies.

Cheers.

Last edited by revv_maniac : 14th August 2013 at 20:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks