Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2013, 15:05   #3451
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnahelix View Post
ACM - are you sure they are delivering ATs at all?
They have shipped atleast one if not more AT variants - admitted to by the Dealership itself maintaining that those were bookings prior to mine (though mine is supposed to be no 4 AT prelaunch booking)

Have again engaged with them to give me a clear date post which I will decide to cancel the booking or to sue them (Ford).

In the meanwhile am looking for preowned AT SUV's. No too many reasonably priced options though.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2013, 15:25   #3452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
They have shipped atleast one if not more AT variants - admitted to by the Dealership itself maintaining that those were bookings prior to mine (though mine is supposed to be no 4 AT prelaunch booking)

Have again engaged with them to give me a clear date post which I will decide to cancel the booking or to sue them (Ford).

In the meanwhile am looking for preowned AT SUV's. No too many reasonably priced options though.
Thanks ACM. I have written again to Ford citing the page 230 in this thread and asking whether they can deliver by 17th September as I had thought of cancelling it based on phone call with Customer Relations in the MD's office where in they mentioned that they won't deliver AT for 5-6 months. I had handed over my cancellation letter to ShreeJi today but asked them to hold it till I hear from Ford. I am game for a good used Jetta or Laura AT or even a Nissan Micra CVT, test drove one and liked it for what it is meant to do - commute in city and leave it at that. While I still like Ecosport AT, looking at other options, I get the best of other worlds - a Jetta or Laura DSG are a delight to drive even if 2-3 years old OR save money with Nissan Micra - around 2.7 lakhs cheaper , keeping my mind open to these options will keep this where it a belongs - a good transport resource.
Old 17th August 2013, 15:38   #3453
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have been following this thread since quite some time now,but recently joined Tbhp.

I had booked my Sea Gray Ecosport Diesel Titanium (o) from Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar on 7 July and was promised delivery in 6 months. However, my SA says that i should get the car my September-end/early-October.

A friend of mine, who knows my SA personally is keeping track on my behalf, while I have only inquired about the delivery only 3-4 times. Last week, he told me that the Titanium (o) is produced in lesser numbers as compared to the Titanium option, so i should not be too optimistic and expect the delivery any sooner.

One thing worth mentioning is that each time i have visited the showroom, i have seen PLENTY of Ecosports waiting to be delivered. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and expecting my car to show up in that lot soon!
Old 17th August 2013, 17:10   #3454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshBLR View Post
One of a kind.....]
This looks interesting!
Can you please share some more pictures?
Old 17th August 2013, 18:36   #3455

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
This looks interesting!
Can you please share some more pictures?
Super Matt (not the regular vinyl) has a deep shimmer and matures overtime.
Develops fine scarry pattern over edges and adds to the character

I saw this first done to a Volvo XC60 and felt as if I saw a WW II Tank, the guy had carelessly ignored and left the mud over the wheel arches..

I HAD TO get this done and so within a week of delivery I got it done. Thankfully I met a good guy for the job and it took 2.5 days for same. Though he warned me before he did the job since this sticker requires high maintenance, reason fine granular surface texture. AND that's what makes it a Head-turner.

Even the Metro Ford sales guys were fully drooling over the vehicle when I paid a visit to them.

I'll surely post some pics of same soon. Lil tight on time today.

PS: Mods suggest if I can share the details of the garage, where I got the job done.
Old 17th August 2013, 19:08   #3456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
At the time of opening of bookings I had enquired with both the Pune dealers re. availability periods for Ecosport AT.

Yesterday I get a followup call from one of the dealers. Chap wanted to know whether I want to book an Ecosport!!. Told him will do so only after AT is launched & test drive is available.

Funny thing. If they are booked for 6 months (or 50,000 whichever comes last) then why are they now cold calling all enquirers? Looks like a ramp up in production or heavy cancellations are happening.
Hi Sridhar,

I too got a call from Talera Ford. I told them that I plan to buy next year when things cool down. I did tell the SE to call me when they can give me a test ride at my place and the waiting period is less than a month. Hope that time comes in a year.
BTW I saw this ES with black roof over the red body color. At first I thought it was the Ranger Rover. It looked awesome. Unfortunately I didn't have my phone to snap a pic. Will try and hunt this one over this weekend and get the pic
Old 17th August 2013, 19:30   #3457
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore none of the dealers -Cauvery, Metro & Lathagi are accepting booking for AT variant.
Today saw a waiting period of 18 Months for all Petrol Ecoboost variants in Lathagi. Who would wait for such a long time?
Old 17th August 2013, 21:05   #3458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
In Bangalore none of the dealers -Cauvery, Metro & Lathagi are accepting booking for AT variant.
Today saw a waiting period of 18 Months for all Petrol Ecoboost variants in Lathagi. Who would wait for such a long time?
Metro ford is not even taking bookings for Petrol variants And waiting period for diesel is 10 months :(
Old 17th August 2013, 21:57   #3459
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnahelix View Post
Thanks ACM. I have written again to Ford citing the page 230 in this thread and asking whether they can deliver by 17th September as I had thought of cancelling it based on phone call with , I get the best of other worlds - a Jetta or Laura DSG are a delight to drive even if 2-3 years old OR save money with Nissan Micra - around 2.7 lakhs cheaper , keeping my mind open to these options will keep this where it a belongs - a good transport resource.
I just sold off my Laura AT L&K 2006 model - it was in superb condition. But yes been there done that. So need a new vehicle soon. I prefer it to be an AT and need it to be a SUV as that is why I sold of the Laura in the first place. Which colour AT had you booked.
Old 17th August 2013, 22:18   #3460
BHPian

ACM I did notice Laura in your garage , I have given a preference for Diamond White or Mars Red. I also found a used Yeti - pristine condition with only 8k on odometer but my budget didn't allow that. I am in two minds about Ecosport and a used Laura AT, Ecosport is fresher and has bells and whistles whereas Laura has a certain class about it Next month ought to settle it.
Old 17th August 2013, 22:25   #3461
BANNED

Any guys here who booked the EcoBoost in the first few days from the Launch? What sort of waiting periods are you being quoted?

I have been told about 2 more months today. But I am suspicious because the dealer hasn't recieved a single EcoBoost yet.

Last edited by agambhandari : 17th August 2013 at 22:53.
Old 17th August 2013, 22:36   #3462
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Any guys here who booked the EcoBoost in the first few days from the Launch? What sort of waiting periods are you being quoted?

I have been told about 2 months from now. But I am suspicious because the dealer hasn't recieved a single EcoBoost yet.
2 months seems very optimistic in you are booking now except maybe if it is a lower spec variant (not Titanium O) definitely not AT. Though even then it does not seem that likely.
Old 17th August 2013, 22:51   #3463
BANNED

Quote:

2 months seems very optimistic in you are booking now except maybe if it is a lower spec variant (not Titanium O) definitely not AT. Though even then it does not seem that likely.
I am sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I booked the EcoBoost within a week of launch. The dealer is quoting 2 more months till availability.

I will edit my original post to make it clearer.

Last edited by agambhandari : 17th August 2013 at 22:52.
Old 18th August 2013, 00:01   #3464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just sold off my Laura AT L&K 2006 model - it was in superb condition. But yes been there done that. So need a new vehicle soon. I prefer it to be an AT and need it to be a SUV as that is why I sold of the Laura in the first place. Which colour AT had you booked.
ACM, why not look for a good pre-owned Endeavours ATs. After all, it's big bro of Ecosport. I would suggest used one if you can afford a new one because this has been around close to 10 years and a newer and completely different looking and toned down version ( as is the norm these days ) version may arrive in near future. BTW, I recently drove an AT Endy and I would say, by SUV standards it flies. It was really good. I did not expect it to be so quick accelerating , given it's bulk. May be it's the 380 NM torque at work.
Old 18th August 2013, 13:59   #3465
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I am sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I booked the EcoBoost within a week of launch. The dealer is quoting 2 more months till availability.
In which case it should be very much possible for all variants other than AT which is quite unpredictable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
ACM, why not look for a good pre-owned Endeavours ATs. After all, it's big bro of Ecosport. I would suggest used one if you can afford a new one because this has been around close to 10 years and a newer and completely different looking and toned down version ( as is the norm these days ) version may arrive in near future. BTW, I recently drove an AT Endy and I would say, by SUV standards it flies. It was really good. I did not expect it to be so quick accelerating , given it's bulk. May be it's the 380 NM torque at work.
Yep it is under consideration, again preowned for the same reasons but still prefer the EcoSport AT as it would be more manageable by wife on our long drives. The Endy has one seated quite flat like in a sedan more or less. The EcoSport actually has a more vertical kind of seating that is more SUVish. Most Endy AT Dealers are quoting absurd pricing considering the yrs and usage presently. If you do come across a reasonably priced one in Mumbai/ Thane do let me know via a PM. We are going a bit off topic right now with this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks