Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2013, 19:27   #3496
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hello all ecosport lovers and owners. there is an interesting gadget i found online. Silicone car key protection covers for Ford ecosport and other makes/model available with this guys. I bought one for my Skoda Rapid and cousine's EcoSport. It's realy awesome and protects our key from fatal damages. If anyone interested can check this link for more info. They are selling through Ebay.in

https://www.facebook.com/mycarkey.in

Note: Mods if this post is not applicable here then please move to right thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1151046_590120847693459_1063846409_n.jpg  

webblescott is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 20:33   #3497
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Hello all ecosport lovers and owners. there is an interesting gadget i found online. Silicone car key protection covers for Ford ecosport and other makes/model available with this guys. I bought one for my Skoda Rapid and cousine's EcoSport. It's realy awesome and protects our key from fatal damages. If anyone interested can check this link for more info. They are selling through Ebay.in

https://www.facebook.com/mycarkey.in

Note: Mods if this post is not applicable here then please move to right thread.
Very nice. I ve been using this type of Silicone key cover for my Yeti's keys and yes, it really helps, especially if you tend to drop your keys at times and or place in a slightly dusty environment. Great stuff. Very useful and worth the investment indeed.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 21:16   #3498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
I have a small query regarding wheel alignment
My ES has done 5250 km and I had gone to get the wheel alignment done.I had enquired at 3 places and all the three told that they are yet to receive the readings for Ecosport from the company.
Anyone here who got the alignment done ? If so from where??
Do you find any issue with the alignment? I would advice not to get it done unless you find that the car is swaying to left or right at any speed. It would be ideal if you could test it at both 50-60 km/hr and 100-110 km/hr, if you find the car is swaying only then get the alignment done! Otherwise do not disturb it.
xuv2390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 21:25   #3499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
Do you find any issue with the alignment? I would advice not to get it done unless you find that the car is swaying to left or right at any speed. It would be ideal if you could test it at both 50-60 km/hr and 100-110 km/hr, if you find the car is swaying only then get the alignment done! Otherwise do not disturb it.
i didn't have any issues with the alignment
it's just that i used to get it done regularly with my earlier cars
Old 20th August 2013, 21:38   #3500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
i didn't have any issues with the alignment
it's just that i used to get it done regularly with my earlier cars
Well, 5000 km is too little to get the alignment done especially if you do not have any concerns. If at all you do it in the future I suggest you check with the authorized dealer during your 1 year/10,000 km service and have it done by them, this way you can put the blame on Ford India if you ever face any abnormal wear with your tyres during their early months.

It might just be worthwhile to spend a little more and have Ford do the alignment rather than allowing them to point fingers at you in case of any issue during the 1st year of ownership.

Instead I would strongly advice you to get them rotated every 7500 km. 5000 km would be ideal though!

My BMW has done 17,000 km and I have never got it aligned simply because I do not face any issue with the alignment but at the same time I have them check my tyres in front of me for any abnormal wear every time I visit the service center.
xuv2390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 22:46   #3501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENith View Post
The red raptor is arriving in a week. Got a call from Mr. Ravi of Elite ford yesterday about the allocation. I am given to understand that some variants are huge in demand and low in production and that is causing some delay in deliveries of those variants. According to the VIN, my vehicle was built on 12th August.
I have started loan and insurance formalities. Royal Sundaram has quoted 27000 for bumper to bumper insurance. Any one here can comment on Royal Sundaram insurance service?
I got a quote of Rs 21079 (bumper to bumper) from Royal Sundaram for Ecoboost Titanium variant.
I thought we can only decipher month and year from VIN. How do we get the day?
ndinesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 23:13   #3502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Very nice. I ve been using this type of Silicone key cover for my Yeti's keys and yes, it really helps, especially if you tend to drop your keys at times and or place in a slightly dusty environment. Great stuff. Very useful and worth the investment indeed.
Yes you are right its worth for the money.
Old 20th August 2013, 23:24   #3503
Senior - BHPian

Its a little too much of speculation so mods may delete the post of they think so. Will it be a price hike or a removal of certain features in say 6 months from now ? I'm asking as i'm considering postponing delivery till Feb 2014, to get a 2014 model. A price hike won't bother me much but not if they decide to remove features. Apparently this has been done on the New Fiesta.

What does the forum think ?
Old 21st August 2013, 07:45   #3504
Senior - BHPian

Been seeing 2-3 EcoSports on the road daily for the last 10 days in Bangalore. Heard the same from my friend too.
Looks like full fledged deliveries have started and the waiting period should come down slowly.

Regards
Old 21st August 2013, 10:22   #3505

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
I got a quote of Rs 21079 (bumper to bumper) from Royal Sundaram for Ecoboost Titanium variant.
I thought we can only decipher month and year from VIN. How do we get the day?
I think Wildon - the VIN expert can help throw some light on how to get the date of manufacture from VIN: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...re-vin-93.html
Old 21st August 2013, 11:46   #3506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Its a little too much of speculation so mods may delete the post of they think so. Will it be a price hike or a removal of certain features in say 6 months from now ? I'm asking as i'm considering postponing delivery till Feb 2014, to get a 2014 model. A price hike won't bother me much but not if they decide to remove features. Apparently this has been done on the New Fiesta.

If you are not worried about a price hike then you should be fine. Removal of features is something which is highly unlikely. And i don't think Ford removed any features from the New Fiesta, they just played around with the variants. In fact they pretty much loaded the Trend variant and made it a better VFM car. And don't forget that the Fiesta is sales dud and the whole exercise was done to move it out of the showrooms. Ecosport, OTOH, is flying on sales charts.

OT: i don't think that even a price hike will happen, unless they are forced to due to some govt. regulation/ tax revision.
kopakabana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 12:37   #3507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r View Post
Congratulations dude. Eagerly waiting for the initial owenership experience.

Do let us know about acceleration., overtaking experience, braking, specially on slippery roads.

I can definitely see ES AT being delivered now at a faster pace, hoping to get mine soon.
Hi Razor,
The Acceleration is very sluggish in the D (Drive) mode. If I want to accelerate quickly I use the S (Sports) mode and then use the TipTronic to up or downshift accordingly & yes it is the same as driving a MT without the clutch. Personally my driving style is sedate and calm as explained in the Ownership review & I prefer to use the D mode especially in the chaotic Chennai city traffic.

My overtaking experience has been good on the NH-45 and once I downshift I am able to pull away cleanly.

The 1st thing I did on my ES was to change the OEM tyres from MRF to Good Year at an aftermarket tyre dealer. I have found the braking to be satisfactory in wet conditions but need more instances to really make a judgment call.
royfernandez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 13:49   #3508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

I too have been postponing the buy mainly due to the waiting period and have the same concern about the cost, but my gut feeling is that Ford wont hike up prices. They have a golden goose on their hands and would want to ensure that sales charts continue to be on fire. They might only if forced due to tax changes, high cost of material goods, an ever sinking rupee and so on.

I dont think any features were dropped in the new Fiesta. Rather my understanding is that the base model got some additional features to boost sales.
siddarthbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 14:34   #3509
BHPian

Question for you guys who are following the MUV closely. There is no one I have seen who has his hands on a Manual 1.5(P). The 1.5(AT) FE figures are around 10-12 as mentioned in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rs-review.html . That means the Manual would give at lest 12-15 as Manuals are always better at FE as compared to AT's with the same engines.

Then what does the Ecoboost offer over the 1.5(P). I see people reporting almost 12-15 FE of Ecoboost. Why take a less powerful engine with a turbocharger compared to a more powerful engine without one. Just because its the engine of the year is not a valid argument. I believe in the mountains the 1.5(P) will be a better performer as compared to Ecoboost.
Old 21st August 2013, 15:19   #3510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Hi Razor,
The Acceleration is very sluggish in the D (Drive) mode. If I want to accelerate quickly I use the S (Sports) mode..
Thanks dude.

I went through your ownership thread, can't wait to get my hands on this beauty.

I was wondering if you can switch off the Traction Control or ESP in EcoSport, also have you used/experienced the hill assist feature yet.

Do let us know, eagerly waiting for your comments.

Most Viewed