Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2013, 20:49   #3691

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hi,

Does anyone know how MRF or Goodyear tyres are alloted?

I was told that only lower variants come with MRFs.
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:02   #3692

Can any one suggest to what extent the "A Pillar" restricts the view.

Any known solution like blind spot mirror etc.. that can handle this menace
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:11   #3693
BHPian

Re: A mini AT review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Color Lover View Post
Hi,

I too thought so, but does not seems to be true. Mine is titanium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by epranay View Post
Hi Ecosport, First of all congrats on your new car.

may be I have missed your feedback related to tyre swap ( MRF to Goodyear). Do you feel any difference ?
I didn't get a chance to test the grip of either tyres. When i got into nice road, it was dark and full of trucks. Stayed safe, so did not try any panic braking. With the MRFs, the car had felt a bit bumpy at 100kmph, but then the tyres were overfilled (36/34psi) at delivery.
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:19   #3694
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

No, they come with whichever tyres were available during manufacturing. Some come with MRFs and some come with goodyears. Dealers have no control over tyre selection. Once your car lands in the stockyard, you can ask the dealer to check what tyres it came with, if it comes with the set of tyres you don't like, you either bite the bullet and take delivery, or give it away and go back into the long queue.
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:24   #3695
BHPian

Are MRF's bad that come with EcoSport?
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:30   #3696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
No, they come with whichever tyres were available during manufacturing. Some come with MRFs and some come with goodyears. Dealers have no control over tyre selection. Once your car lands in the stockyard, you can ask the dealer to check what tyres it came with, if it comes with the set of tyres you don't like, you either bite the bullet and take delivery, or give it away and go back into the long queue.
Some dealers would swap from other cars if you are ready to give bakshish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Are MRF's bad that come with EcoSport?
Probably not. But MRF zv2k is hard and is supposed to last long. So it is my guess that grip would be bad. On the contrary, goodyear assurance armorgrip (not fuelmax) has received some good reviews. Moreover, i do not trust most indian brands.
Old 2nd September 2013, 23:57   #3697
BHPian

http://www.laz.co.za/live/ford-south...port-launched/

Ford sold 522 units of Ecosport in South Africa this Aug. Isn't ford shipping those cars to SA from our Chennai plant?
Old 3rd September 2013, 02:09   #3698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
http://www.laz.co.za/live/ford-south...port-launched/

Ford sold 522 units of Ecosport in South Africa this Aug. Isn't ford shipping those cars to SA from our Chennai plant?

Yup! Chennai plant is manufacturing home to around 72 export countries in Europe and Middle East including SA
Old 3rd September 2013, 06:56   #3699
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Any updates on the delivery schedules of Ecosport at Metro Ford, Bangalore? My booking on 22nd June was for a Ecoboost (Sea Grey). No updates on delivery yet except for the standard reply from the dealer " You will receive your vehicle within 6 months from the date of booking. We do not have any information on the delivery schedule from the company". An email to Ford India did not help as they replied asking me to contact the dealer.

Losing patience now and the excitement of owning an Ecosport is fast diminishing as i seriously feel there is something wrong with Ford India's delivery model. Looking at the Terrano as an option. Their website now mentions the variants http://www.nissanterrano.in/index.html
Old 3rd September 2013, 08:12   #3700
Distinguished - BHPian

Domestic sales of Ford up by 2.14 per cent to 8,008 units in August this year as against 7,840 units in the same month last year.
So looks like Figo too seems to be hit by the Ecosport !

Cheers!
Old 3rd September 2013, 09:33   #3701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

No, its not like that. It appears that July deliveries came with Goodyears, and August (including mine) came with MRFs - this has been borne out by the EcoSports I've seen in Bangalore.

This makes it appear that whichever tyres are in stock are mounted onto EcoSports, and there is no preference given to either MRF or Goodyear.
Old 3rd September 2013, 09:39   #3702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epranay View Post
Can any one suggest to what extent the "A Pillar" restricts the view.

Any known solution like blind spot mirror etc.. that can handle this menace
The A-pillar does block your view, its blocks more than my Getz. However, if your driving style means that you keep aware of your surroundings, you will anyway be in the habit of looking out of the side windows at turns/junctions, so this behaviour will need to be slightly enhanced. I've not felt any difficulty in having moved from my Getz to the EcoSport.

On the other hand, if your experience is based on cars that have a huge glasshouse and slim A-pillars (e.g. Alto), then you will need to adapt to this.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 09:39   #3703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauncolaco View Post

Any updates on the delivery schedules of Ecosport at Metro Ford, Bangalore? My booking on 22nd June was for a Ecoboost (Sea Grey).
My Ecosport TDCi Titanium (O) Diamond White that was booked on 14 June at Metro Ford, St Marks Rd with a dealer allotted Sl. No 34 was delivered on 30 Aug.

Got Goodyear Assurance as stock tyres. Changed them to Continental CPC2 in stock size immediately after delivery.
Old 3rd September 2013, 09:45   #3704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauncolaco View Post
Hi Friends,

Any updates on the delivery schedules of Ecosport at Metro Ford, Bangalore? My booking on 22nd June was for a Ecoboost (Sea Grey).

Losing patience now and the excitement of owning an Ecosport is fast diminishing
I booked my Kinetic Blue EcoBoost Titanium (O) on 20th June at Lathangi, and received delivery on 29th August, despite having been told it'll take 4-6 months. So, given the 2 day difference between our bookings, I'm surprised we were not part of the same order book (especially since we both pre-booked, we will have missed the rush after the prices were revealed on 26th).

My experience has made me feel that Ford (company or its dealers) are managing expectations by quoting higher waiting periods. Have you received any call from Ford Chennai? I received one in the 2nd week of August, confirming my colour & variant, and I notice from various receipts that my car was built in the following week. So, the lead time from the confirmation call to delivery is 2-3 weeks.

If you like the EcoSport, stay true to it, its worth it. With the delivery uncertainty, I too was severely tempted to go for another car that will be delivered quickly. Thankfully, before I succumbed to temptation, my car was delivered, and I'm grateful I didn't jump ship.
Old 3rd September 2013, 18:27   #3705
BHPian

Its amazing the kind of emotions this car has been able to garner from its new owners and owner-wannabes. Has there been any other car launch in the past that has been able to match the hoopla for the ecosport among the masses.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks