Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2013, 13:50   #3721
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
I pre booked Kinetic Blue EcoBoost Titanium O from Hyderabad on 13th June (on the day official booking started) and my booking number is 1. Today I came to know that my car may take another 2 months, else I need to compromise on color. From now 2 months is too much. Now I am just thinking should I move to BMW 1 series.
This is odd - we've booked identical variants and colours, and I've already got mine despite you booking yours earlier than mine. Have you received any confirmation call from Ford Chennai?

OTOH, if you can afford the 1 series, then wouldn't you think that's the better car overall? The blue and white propeller beats the blue oval any day
Old 4th September 2013, 14:33   #3722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
I booked the ecoboost titanium(o) on the same day, but my choice of color was white. I took delivery on July 10. Why is it taking so long for you? Which dealer did you go with?
For me the major issue was because of color. In the first 3 months allotment (The color and variant allotments were given by ford itself to all dealers, irrespective of the individual dealer's booking variations), there were no EcoBoost blue color for Hyderabad. I booked it through Vibrant but I am getting update from Fortune and Mody also. (I have been interacting ford dealers for last 10 years, so know couple of old timers in all 3 dealerships.). If I can be flexible in my color, I could have got it in July first week itself.
Old 4th September 2013, 16:23   #3723
BHPian

Quote:
I randomly logged into my Ford Sync account today, and the page seems to tell me there is a software update available. Can any of you log in and check?
I could not download using Firefox, but managed using Internet Explorer 9. The most important thing is that you need to have Java script enabled as well as disable the pop up blocker.

I managed pushing the update file into a pen drive but I do not know how to update it in the car since the instruction are not available! Let us write to customer care and figure this out!
Old 4th September 2013, 16:57   #3724
BHPian

Quote:
I randomly logged into my Ford Sync account today, and the page seems to tell me there is a software update available. See this screenshot:

Attachment 1133639

But it doesn't seem to work because
  • If I click on the green 'download update' button, I get a blank pop-up
  • 'Download Status Checker' and 'What's in this update' point to Ford Sync homepage
  • Print Instructions link points to the online user guide which doesn't have instructions on updating software.
Can any of you log in and check?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
It doesn't work for me too - both on IE 10 and Firefox 23. I experience the same issue as you - blank popup and invalid links.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
I managed pushing the update file into a pen drive but I do not know how to update it in the car since the instruction are not available! Let us write to customer care and figure this out!

Here is the link for step by step instructions to install Ford Sync update. There is a simple 10 step process.

http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...l-updates-sync

Users who got the update installed, say it does speed up the system and make it more responsive, though.

See more details at:
http://www.dailytech.com/Ford+Rolls+...ticle33119.htm

Last edited by HillMan : 4th September 2013 at 17:01.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 17:17   #3725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
For me the major issue was because of color. In the first 3 months allotment (The color and variant allotments were given by ford itself to all dealers, irrespective of the individual dealer's booking variations), there were no EcoBoost blue color for Hyderabad. I booked it through Vibrant but I am getting update from Fortune and Mody also. (I have been interacting ford dealers for last 10 years, so know couple of old timers in all 3 dealerships.). If I can be flexible in my color, I could have got it in July first week itself.
In your experience with them, do you find them sticking to customer booking order.
Old 4th September 2013, 17:35   #3726
BHPian

Quote:
This is odd - we've booked identical variants and colours, and I've already got mine despite you booking yours earlier than mine. Have you received any confirmation call from Ford Chennai?

OTOH, if you can afford the 1 series, then wouldn't you think that's the better car overall? The blue and white propeller beats the blue oval any day
Arun, As I mentioned in the previous post, it could be the reason that for the first 3 months allotment was done by Ford directly irrespective the booking each dealer got. So in Hyderabad they haven't got any blue EcoBoost(In all three dealers). Till today I haven't got the call also from Chennai.

I don't like Automatic transmission and that was the reason I wasn't considering any such models earlier. Plus I need a petrol car as well. So with all my requirements, EcoSport was a perfect match ..

Last edited by anumod : 4th September 2013 at 17:37. Reason: Updated the details about call from Ford India
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 22:09   #3727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
In your experience with them, do you find them sticking to customer booking order.
Till this point of time I never had a bad experience. Especially after the current general manager took charge of the operations. He has been in the same position for almost 5+ years
Old 4th September 2013, 23:18   #3728
BHPian

Quote:
It doesn't work for me too - both on IE 10 and Firefox 23. I experience the same issue as you - blank popup and invalid links.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
I could not download using Firefox, but managed using Internet Explorer 9. The most important thing is that you need to have Java script enabled as well as disable the pop up blocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Here is the link for step by step instructions to install Ford Sync update. There is a simple 10 step process.

http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...l-updates-sync

Users who got the update installed, say it does speed up the system and make it more responsive, though.

See more details at:
http://www.dailytech.com/Ford+Rolls+...ticle33119.htm
So, I took some time off to install the update, couldn't hold up my curiosity till the weekend. So, here's the lowdown on what I did:

The update page apparently works only on IE, I had only tried it on Chrome. Touch luck Apple Mac users!

You need a USB drive to download the tiny 5MB update. I don't think you need to format the USB device before downloading the file into it, but I did it just to keep it clean.

The version I had installed on my car was AM5T-14D544-LD, and the new version is called AM5T-14D544-LFA. Here are the release notes:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync-update-release-notes.jpg

Followed the instructions forwarded by Hillman, but soon got lost. Tinkered around till I found a way out. The 10-step process was probably for a different model. We have fewer number of steps. This is what I did:
  1. Started the car
  2. Changed the mode to Radio - radio plays
  3. Popped in the USB drive
  4. Pressed Menu --> Sync Settings --> Install on Sync
  5. It prompted me to confirm installation, and I said yes. It read "downloading update" or some similar message.
  6. Within a minute, it spoke out "installation complete - sync will reboot, do not switch off car until reboot is done"
  7. The display read "rebooting" and I began to drive off. Reverse parking sensors didn't work then.
  8. After about 5-8 minutes (I was driving, didn't keep track of time), the message changed to installation complete.
  9. Clicked on 'phone'. Had to re-pair the phone and transfer contacts.
  10. Everything started working just like it has been. Phone calls, music from bluetooth, voice commands.
I switched off the car and switched it on and it struggled to pair the phone. I tried 2-3 more times and it got back to shape. There's nothing new in the update. Maybe there's some code-optimization under the hood, but no new features to be found and I cannot perceive any improvements in speed (it's not really slow to start with).

My advice, ignore the update, unless you're on iOS and desperately want text messages read out to you, or if you're having a lot of problems with bluetooth connectivity. There's nothing in here worth the trouble, if your sync system works well with your phone.

Last edited by saisrujan : 4th September 2013 at 23:22. Reason: Brought in more clarity.
saisrujan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 23:50   #3729
BHPian

Guys, I have some detailed information about the new Sync update on my ownership thread. Please visit and share your thoughts!
Old 5th September 2013, 12:51   #3730
Senior - BHPian

http://www.motoroids.com/ford-2/ford...on-go-sale-uk/

Quote:
The Titanium variant will also offer other features such as Tyre Pressure Monitoring system, daytime running lights, ABS, ESP, EBA, seven airbags, EATC, CD/radio with USB/aux in and steering-mounted audio controls.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 14:34   #3731
BHPian

Hi Guys

Thanks for the suggestion, im doing a tank-tank to test the mileage.

I need a suggestion, im looking at fitting a console like caska? any suggestions?

Thanks
Srini
Old 5th September 2013, 18:02   #3732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
For turbo engines the FE is best while driving in turbo range. You might see better efficiencies in steady moving traffic. So stay in the recommended gear for the speed.
For ecoboost engine, turbo range starts from around 1800 rpm. So do we need to maintain upwards of 1800 rpm in all gears to get better FE?
Also does that mean we should avoid early gear upshifts?

And when rpm needle comes below 1800 rpm, do we need to downshift? I thought early downshifting will affect FE.

Sorry for too many questions, but if someone can explain more on driving turbocharged petrols, it would be helpful.
Old 5th September 2013, 18:11   #3733
BHPian

Ford hike prices across range by 1-5%!
EcoSport prices hit!
Effective immediately!
Sorry guys its the dollar effect!
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 19:13   #3734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Because the spare wheel is mounted on the tail, there's a lot of empty space below the boot area:
That means nowhere to mount a torroidal type CNG tank !! Will end up with a space robbing cylinder in the luggage area
Old 5th September 2013, 19:27   #3735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
For ecoboost engine, turbo range starts from around 1800 rpm. So do we need to maintain upwards of 1800 rpm in all gears to get better FE?
EcoBoost is a VGT engine so the computer decides on how much to open the turbo intake. Your trip computer can guide you on your driving style.

Feel the engine from your heart. Find a sweet spot on the rpm that the engine likes for your driving style. Might be between 2-3k rpm. Try to maintain a consistent speed. Turbo range gives you the best FE but you dont need to rev and stay there. The third gear usually has a broad range for city driving. Staying in turbo range will let you have better power so you need less down shifts. It depends on the speed and load for your choice of gears.

Because of turbo lag it is best to keep a light footing and gear and maintain over 1600rpm. Reduce the use of clutch as much as possible.

There are lot many factors that effect FE, the more you think about it the less you enjoy your ride. So best is to enjoy the drive.

Here is a good article from GTO:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning-car/17748-article-how-get-maximum-fuel-efficiency.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks