Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-251.html)

[quote=Chitta Pradhan;3229179]I need candid opinion from Bhpians. I am currently using a 1.6 CRDI Fludic Verna SX. It is now two years old & have done 38k.

I/QUOTE]

In my opinion, Ford Ecosport will be a downgrade (with no offence to anyone)
Based on your requirements, Ecosport seems to be a downgrade as Engine noise will be on the higher side and power delivery on the lower.

Since your requirement has come down, I suggest why don't you look at Honda City. GC will be in almost similar to Verna but you will get excellent power from the Vtec engine and a nice ride quality.
Another car that you can look at is Linea T-jet. If you are interested in an oil burner, then please have a look at Rapid/Vento

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan (Post 3229179)
I need candid opinion from Bhpians. I am currently using a 1.6 CRDI Fludic Verna SX. It is now two years old & have done 38k.

If I change my car to Ecosport Ecoboost or Diesel one, will it be a upgrade, degrade or equivalent. Only real problem in Verna for me is rear ride quality with load & low GC which is somehow manageable.

I had a very short TD of diesel Ecosport in city. No TD of Ecoboost yet. From the short TD, what I felt was:

- Convenience of higher seating position in ES.
- Power of ES in much less than Verna.
- Engine noise was more in ES.

Interior quality & FE are not big issues for me as because my usage has now comedown drastically. What I need is good ride,power (to reach 120/130 kmph easily), city driveability & quiet cabin. Since I stay at a place from where showrooms are 250 km away, Tding cars is difficult for me. Also a TD do not reveal all about a car which we want to know, reason why I could not judge poor ride of Verna. The TD of Verna was only with two persons in the car, me & the sales executive.

Would appreciate help from Bhpians, though my queries may sound out of place.

Thanks

Let me address your key requirements:To sum it up, I don't think one is an upgrade over the other - they're just two different beasts. And considering your selection criteria, it's quite evident you're better off enjoying your Verna.

For all those who are waiting (endlessly) for Automatic version, please read this Autocar comparison between EcoSport AT and Polo GT TSI. No prices for guessing who is the winner especially after the price hike....
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fea...-355731.aspx/0

Got delivery before the price hike else would surely have cancelled as that was the min expected for a pre booking. But that's me.

That said even as a biased party feel that the price hike is justified considering the change in USD to IND currency. A good portion of the vehicle components are imported so this is to be expected.

Recently GM too has hiked prices and others can be expected to follow suite. The Duster already being overpriced in my view may hike prices to remain competitive. They are already at 50% of the earlier numbers per month.

Nissan Terrano obviously costs Nissan more that the Duster costs Renault due to the extra Royalty that they need to pay Renault as it is a Renault product originally. But that does not maybe mean that they have to price it higher, they could work at a lesser margin inspite of the Royalty burden and still price is lower than the Duster. That would make it a good fight vs the ecosport else if they are just following a ritual they can choose to price higher and possibly in my view have dismal sales. We will know soon.

More brands can definitely be expected to raise prices soon if USD stays northward of 65.

Would suggest that rather than rushing to cancel bookings those who still do not have deliveries now recheck the value proposition vs the alternatives and if it still fits then stay on.

In mycase since AT was essential for example Duster was never an alternative even if it was priced 2L lesser, though I did have alternative options short listed in pre owned vehicles.

I got the delivery of my Ecosport Titanium (O) Diesel today. the kinetic blue color is better than expected :)
another ford in the garage

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSIched'Out (Post 3229416)
For all those who are waiting (endlessly) for Automatic version, please read this Autocar comparison between EcoSport AT and Polo GT TSI. No prices for guessing who is the winner especially after the price hike....
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fea...-355731.aspx/0

Agreed the GT-TSI has a smile-inducing screamer of a drivetrain! But how long can VW shield customers from the currency fluctuation? After all, they're also importing the turbo-petrol engine and DSG box. The price advantage will be short-lived.

Anybody has an idea as to how much the Titanium D(O) (9.37 ex-Delhi) , will turn out to be on road?

When i booked mine, it was 8.99 lakhs ex-Delhi and with all taxes, extended warranty and 'compulsory' accessories, it came to 10.4 lakhs on road. Now, I'm hoping it stays around 10.8 or less. The figure, which now looms at 11 lakhs on road, seems a bit too much to me.

Also, with the current price hike, maybe we can pressure the dealer to lower the cost of accessories in order to mildly absorb the effect of the price rise? In fact, i don't even mind not taking the compulsory accessories and body package from the dealer, as i can get them outside for almost half the price. I really hope that the dealers should now offer some relaxation on the accessories front.

I'll check with my SA tomorrow for the final on road price, but if i feel it to be a bit on the higher side, i might consider shifting to Titanium, which itself has 2 drawbacks:

1. I really like the black interiors on Titanium (O) , plus the additional 4 airbags add to peace of mind.

2. If i end up changing my variant, the dealer might ask me to wait as per the current waiting period for the model! But that, will be totally unacceptable!

I have booked Ecoboost titanium and expecting it to be delivered in 2nd week of October. If I'm not getting price protection I'm going to cancel it for sure. I wont mind losing 3 K, a Petrol ERTIGA looks more value for money and I would go for it.

Agree, if Ecosport price has been increased by more than 50k it's out of my list. As it is, for this price none of its engines are"pure fun" to drive, just competent & economical. The rest of the"car" is just brilliant except the engine!

Guys, I have heard that even the body stampings of imported. They were in search of local vendor but 8 months all gone in vain. So they introduced the car with imported shell.

By the way with the current devaluation in rupee, has left FORD with feable margins.

Is this true.

It looks like the titanium option tdci will cost more now , around 50k over the last price. Base models also to cost 20-25k more. This opens up options like rapid, verna and vento instead of the top variant.
I hope ford clarifies that bookings after 1st sep will be at new price so people don't cancel their bookings and still enjoy this great car after a long wait .

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 3229508)
I hope ford clarifies that bookings after 1st sep will be at new price so people don't cancel their bookings and still enjoy this great car after a long wait .

For people like me who pre-booked the vehicle and are still waiting, it doesn't make sense to pay more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishalive (Post 3229500)
Is this true.

This is highly unlikely. What's the source of your information?

The EcoBoost engine is imported for now. The ABS and stereo too. It does have many imported components like every other car. Localization will take its time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishalive (Post 3229500)
Is this true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillMan (Post 3229513)
Localization will take its time.

In summary, the prices would be revised due to the current currency devaluation.

Cheers!

Well the price hike is definitely going to make Ecosport less VFM. But when one thinks with a cool head, there is actually not much alternatives.
The Duster/Terrano is way too overpriced.
The premium hatchbacks are inching close to 10lac onraod mark.
The sedans seems close alternative but lose out on GC,road presence. Also in my case i already have a Vento, so another Sedan really doesnot make sense.
A second hand Innova ? well they quote 12lac for V Spec.

So what else is remaining? Amaze Etios Sunny?? Well these were already cheaper, and would have already bought if these ticked my requirements.

Ertiga seems ok, but thats just 35K cheaper than Ecosport(After Hike). But Ecosport offers a lot more Gizmos than Ertiga. Yes Ertiga is longer and can seat more people, but i dont travel with more than 4 people on board, and in case needed i have an Innova.
That said it really hurts to spend additional 50-60K for not a mistake of mine!!

My dealer says he has manged to get a Ecosport TDCi Titanium(O) Mars red billed with Ford and I should get delivery in september. Hope this happens!!