Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 13:52   #3781
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I spoke to the dealer (Talera ford, Yerwada) and they have no official communication in this regard. My vehicle is already in their warehouse and I have submitted my documents. But the registration is likely to be next week. (wednesday).

What are the chances that the price will go up in between tomorrow and wednesday?

If the price goes up, i will cancel my booking mostly!
Old 6th September 2013, 14:16   #3782
BHPian

This is extremely disappointing !! Ford Ecosport Launched on June 26th, I booked mine on June 24th with Riddhi Ford, New Delhi.

Not only have i not received my car in over 72 days but am now asked to pay an additional 50k (40k for FORD and then additional costs for registration, insurance etc) for my TDCI Titanium Optional Model. RIDICULOUS !

Add my name to the long list of people ready to cancel their bookings if FORD does not offer price protection to atleast first 10,000 odd bookings !

Why even launch a car when you cant deliver the car in over 2 and a half months to people who booked even before the launch !

FORD is taking its name to the ground with this one.

Adios Ecosport - time to start looking at other options in the market - maybe spend a few lakhs more than be stuck with directionless FORD. Trust me anyone who can spend 10 odd lakhs does not expect to be treated in this way.
Old 6th September 2013, 14:30   #3783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
What are the chances that the price will go up in between tomorrow and wednesday?

If the price goes up, i will cancel my booking mostly!

Price is up.

Way to go Ford !! Downhill is always faster.

Last edited by Srinivas C : 6th September 2013 at 14:37.
Old 6th September 2013, 15:37   #3784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I knew this price hike was going to happen given the waiting period and no price protection. I had booked it on July 1st and cancelled the booking on 6th July. I bought a Rapid TDi instead and till now the car has been very good. I would say wait with the booking and see if other small/pseudo SUVs(if its a small SUV that you are looking at) are launched and then take a decision. Good luck.
The thing is, I already own a Skoda Rapid. Had I not owned one, I would have definitely gone for it instead of the Ecosport. Now, there are other options in the market as well, but one of the main reasons I went for the Ecosport was the safety features.

I spoke to my SA today and he informed me that the tentative price hike for me would be ~50k. So, a 50k price hike with respect to the On-road cost of the car seems OK. That said, I'm still quite unhappy. I am not interested in pre-owned vehicles and so, this doesn't leave a lot of options. For now, I have decided to stick with my booking.

I have been told that my car will be delivered to me by the last week of this month. Until then, if I get news of some other launch happening, I'll give it some more thought.

Last edited by DeKay : 6th September 2013 at 15:41.
Old 6th September 2013, 15:47   #3785
Senior - BHPian

While the price hike was inevitable given the circumstances, Ford should announce price protection for at least to the first 10000 customers. I'm not sure 10000 Ecosports are already on-road.

But all this logic of cancelling the booking and moving to another car cause Ford has hiked prices seems more like a knee jerk reaction. Every single manufacturer including the one you wish to go to now has hiked prices. So you are definitely not getting price protection anywhere.

As for getting frustrated cause you booked early, haven't got the car in spite of being promised delivery earlier than price hike announcement and now being asked to pay 50k - absolutely, go ahead cancel the booking and buy an alternative. Why pay more to just prolong the wait!
Old 6th September 2013, 16:03   #3786
BHPian

So there is NO advantage in prebooking

No car
No protection against hikes
And to add fuel to the fire, cancellation fee too!

If only, our law had some teeth.

Ford may be laughing all the way to the bank but is surely stepping on lot of toes in the process. Failure to deliver the car in a reasonable time period itself seems to be causing enough bitterness.

I hope, with this, Bhpians wont rush to prebook with future launches.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 6th September 2013 at 16:04.
Old 6th September 2013, 16:29   #3787
Senior - BHPian

Just got off the phone with my dealer, he expects a 50k hike in the prices for the Ecosport Titanium option diesel in bangalore, they're still to get the updated pricing list. 50k would push it to 11.8 here, hopefully the dealers will not force the accessories pack,insurance etc on us with the price hike.

With this hike,i'm reconsidering waiting till 2014 Feb to take delivery.
Old 6th September 2013, 16:33   #3788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
The thing is, I already own a Skoda Rapid. Had I not owned one, I would have definitely gone for it instead of the Ecosport. Now, there are other options in the market as well, but one of the main reasons I went for the Ecosport was the safety features.

I spoke to my SA today and he informed me that the tentative price hike for me would be ~50k. So, a 50k price hike with respect to the On-road cost of the car seems OK. That said, I'm still quite unhappy. I am not interested in pre-owned vehicles and so, this doesn't leave a lot of options. For now, I have decided to stick with my booking.

I have been told that my car will be delivered to me by the last week of this month. Until then, if I get news of some other launch happening, I'll give it some more thought.
Hi Dekay,
When and where did you from in mumbai? I have booked mine ( TDCi Tit Opt ) from SC Ford malad. They have promised the delivery by October end. How about you?
Old 6th September 2013, 16:33   #3789
Team-BHP Support

If the Ex-showroom price of the Diesel Titanium (O) crosses 10 lakhs that will remove that model from contention for everybody since the road tax will also shoot up by 3%. Which means you have to pay price increase plus the higher 4% road tax since it goes into next bracket.

Hope Ford are smart enough to ensure Bangalore price remains within 10L.
Old 6th September 2013, 16:44   #3790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
While the price hike was inevitable given the circumstances, Ford should announce price protection for at least to the first 10000 customers. I'm not sure 10000 Ecosports are already on-road.

But all this logic of cancelling the booking and moving to another car cause Ford has hiked prices seems more like a knee jerk reaction. Every single manufacturer including the one you wish to go to now has hiked prices. So you are definitely not getting price protection anywhere.

As for getting frustrated cause you booked early, haven't got the car in spite of being promised delivery earlier than price hike announcement and now being asked to pay 50k - absolutely, go ahead cancel the booking and buy an alternative. Why pay more to just prolong the wait!
If you see the sales numbers 15000 already sold. And as far as I know most people who pre booked it have already got their cars. I feel ford should atleast give price protection to people who prebooked it. And I hope whoever booked it before 5th sep should get it at the original price !
Old 6th September 2013, 16:53   #3791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
If you see the sales numbers 15000 already sold. And as far as I know most people who pre booked it have already got their cars. I feel ford should atleast give price protection to people who prebooked it. And I hope whoever booked it before 5th sep should get it at the original price !
Nik - I think the numbers GTO reports include exports right? But you are right, even then, Ford should go ahead and provide price protection to 5000 more who booked before the hike. And they should do it based on their own systems rather than leave it to the dealers. A good will gesture that they can definitely use in their PR.

I doubt think Ford will officially take a stand on pre-bookings done before Ford announced that bookings were open. So not sure if you are referring to these bookings.
Old 6th September 2013, 17:15   #3792
BHPian

The price increase has played spoils sport for me because I had planned to upgrade tires to Yokohama 205/60/R16 seems like i have to give up on that now 50K is a steep increase
Though it is inevitable in present conditions of Indian economy only option would be to downgrade to Titanium TDCI where I'm not all that happy with lighter grey interiors
All I can hope for is Good Year tires at least
Old 6th September 2013, 17:18   #3793
BHPian

Was in Vizag so went to the dealer to check what the new price would be. He confirmed 8 cancellations. I guess a lot of customers are feeling cheated and some will cancel out of anger. Not sure if this will impact Ford in any way but Maruti has to move fast with their Alpha.
Old 6th September 2013, 17:19   #3794
Senior - BHPian

Just spoke to Elite Ford personnel.
As per the personnel, the price hike is effective only for new bookings.
People who already have bookings shall pay as per older price.

Not sure how knowledgeable the personnel is though.
Old 6th September 2013, 17:25   #3795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr_yash View Post
Hi Dekay,
When and where did you from in mumbai? I have booked mine ( TDCi Tit Opt ) from SC Ford malad. They have promised the delivery by October end. How about you?
I have booked the Titanium (O) from AVK Ford, Powai on 15th of July. When did you book yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Just spoke to Elite Ford personnel.
As per the personnel, the price hike is effective only for new bookings.
People who already have bookings shall pay as per older price.

Not sure how knowledgeable the personnel is though.
I don't think this is true mate. I spoke to my SA and he told me that the price prevailing at the time of delivery is applicable.

Someone I know contacted Ford's customer care and they told him the same thing.

Most Viewed