Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 17:25   #3796
BHPian

There seems to be some confusion about this. I spoke to my dealer about the price hike. The SA told very clearly that price billed will be the increased one, no price protection. It will be the price prevailing on the day of billing. Frustrating, no point booking or even pre-booking.
Old 6th September 2013, 17:30   #3797
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Visited ford showroom cochin they said there is a price hike of 50-70k for all varients effective today :(..

Last edited by quakerme : 6th September 2013 at 17:31.
Old 6th September 2013, 17:34   #3798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
I have booked the Titanium (O) from AVK Ford, Powai on 15th of July. When did you book yours?
I have booked mine on 21st July.
I had also inquired at AVK ( SA Amit) and he asked me to pay full amount after which he will deliver the vehicle in 45 days. But I was not in a hurry since I feel its better to take delivery after monsoon is over. Till then ( in the recent lot) the initial niggles if any would be sorted out and I will also get the feed back from the current owners. So opted to book at SC Ford as it is near to my house.
Old 6th September 2013, 17:44   #3799
BHPian

Lets all send an email to Ford customer support asking for a justification on price increase for 3 month old bookings. It might get some attention and who knows might motivate senior managers to think about it.
Old 6th September 2013, 17:45   #3800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4gautam View Post
This is extremely disappointing !!

Trust me anyone who can spend 10 odd lakhs does not expect to be treated in this way.
Very true but this price hike was expected but it happened early.
Glad that i booked Linea Tjet and not Ecosport.

Edit: Figo prices also have been increased by 1-5%.

Last edited by djay99 : 6th September 2013 at 18:03.
Old 6th September 2013, 18:38   #3801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallikarjun View Post
Lets all send an email to Ford customer support asking for a justification on price increase for 3 month old bookings. It might get some attention and who knows might motivate senior managers to think about it.
This what i got as reply to my query on price hike. They already seem to have a template ready!!

We are in receipt of your mail & noted down the contents of the same. We sincerely value your patronage for Ford India and appreciate the time you have taken to communicate with us.

We understand how disappointing it would be when your expectations were not met. However, we would like to inform you through this mail is that, as you aware in recent times there has been lot of financial developments happening across the globe which has put in tremendous pressure on the manufacturers and hence leading to rise in overall production cost . Input costs have been consistently increasing and this is expected to continue for the foreseeable future. Although we have absorbed increases in costs over the past period, the situation is such that we now need to revise the prices of our vehicles. Hence to challenge the market dynamics in recent times there has been frequent changes in terms of input cost pricing for which every manufacturers reserves the rights as its mentioned in order booking form and our product brochure. We had instructed our dealership to provide further more detailed clarity on the same upon your appointment with them as convenient to you. We assure that our products continue to offer a great value for money proposition to our all our valuable customers at all times.

Trust your positive understanding and continued cooperation with us.
Thanks and Regard,
Rajesh R,
FIL - Customer Relations,
1800-425-2500 BSNL/MTNL 6000-2500 Add STD code of your state capital
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 19:01   #3802
Senior - BHPian

Here's the updated price list,city-wise:

http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Bl...rue&blobkey=id

Here's the ex-showroom price of 1.5D Tit +, in major cities:

Delhi:937,290
Mumbai:982,865
Chennai:954,001
Bangalore:953,953
Hyderabad:953,953

Last edited by shashank.nk : 6th September 2013 at 19:08.
Old 6th September 2013, 19:22   #3803
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I have booked an Ecosport Diesel Tit (O) Mars Red in mumbai.

However, I am really really confused between the Mars Red and White color. People say the Mars red will become dull over the period of time and will really look ugly like how it looks on Fiat Palio having similar shade of Orange (No Offense to palio owners).
On the other hand my friends are saying that the White color makes the Ecosport look bigger. Also, White Ecosport looks stunning from behind. White is also good if you are thinking of modifying it in future ( Black roof, black alloys)
Hence, I am quite confused and would really appreciate help, suggestions from fellow members. Thanks in anticipation
Old 6th September 2013, 19:30   #3804
BHPian

With most manufacturers claiming to have more than 80 percent indigenous content its mysterious how the rupee fall effects them . Plus most of them hedge their currencies anyway . For the rupee fall we will see a price rise from basic 1 rupee items to houses costing crores all blaming economy and rupee slide . Everyone will make hay when the sun shines .
Old 6th September 2013, 19:34   #3805
Senior - BHPian

I have just returned from Noida Ford after cancelling my booking. I have been told that it will tke them around a week- 10 days to process the refund.Even now the delivery period for TDCI Titanium option pack, was being quoted as October end/ Mid November.

The dealer however told me, that all bookings for lower variants booked till june end have been cleared.

Last edited by rajneeesh : 6th September 2013 at 19:35.
Old 6th September 2013, 20:23   #3806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr_yash View Post
However, I am really really confused between the Mars Red and White color. People say the Mars red will become dull over the period of time

Hence, I am quite confused and would really appreciate help, suggestions from fellow members. Thanks in anticipation
You need to maintain well if you buy Mars red. These days all vehicles come with good quality paint which does not fade over time.

Is'nt it good if you buy some thing new & different? You will have feel exclusive factor every where you go.

IMO white is common these days. Buy some thing different which shines in a crowd.

Last edited by djay99 : 6th September 2013 at 20:25.
Old 6th September 2013, 21:31   #3807
BHPian

The fact that a price hike is inevitable given the current economic scenario is only true to some extent. The hidden fact seems more like a well-planned strategy. Ford desperately wanted a game changer and they betted on the Ecosport. It clicked for three big reasons, the looks, the positioning and most importantly the price. It seems now that the initial pleasant surprise in the pricing was to woo customers and to withstand the hype for some more time and to create a general opinion that the Ecosport is “value for Money”. Now that they have the required amount of booking, they have hit the button for a price hike. But this is where I believe that the plan stands exposed.

If this was an increase of 2-3 % (at the max) it would have been like an adjustment to cover the falling rupee. But a price hike of 4 - 5% (on an average) is simply not justifiable. Honda recently increased the price for the Amaze and it was only about Rs. 10K for the top end Diesel variant. The steep hike by Ford only exposes their well-planned strategy in the pricing point of view. This will be vouched if we see a good increase in the Ecosport sales in September.

Last edited by Eddy : 6th September 2013 at 22:25. Reason: Removed formatting tags
Old 6th September 2013, 23:16   #3808

The price hike is outrageous. Many of us bought the Ecosports only because it was so well priced. Ford wanted o show that they care about the Indian market by giving a vfm product. They made the Duster look overpriced. They encouraged cross shopping from different segments. Many of us stretched our budgets to buy the Ecosports. Even those who didn't really think of buying an SUV booked one thinking finally an affordable SUV is here.

Now Ford has got greedy like Renault. They don't respect customers who booked keeping the price in mind. It is sad to see many enthusiasts having to cancel their bookings after waiting for so long and still losing Rs. 3000. It is a big amount in a nation where many people earn less than a dollar a day. Price protection has to be given to all customers who booked before 5th of September 2013 irrespective of variant or color or engine. This is cheating if not given.

Already Ford has been exporting cars rather than delivering here and taking us for granted quoting almost year long waiting periods. Looks like in 3 months not a single 1.5 L Petrol model has been shipped. We all need to act together now to stop this criminality from happening. We pay in lacs and are still treated like this. Not at all acceptable. Kudos to the people who had the guts to cancel their bookings.
Old 7th September 2013, 00:07   #3809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Color Lover View Post
The price hike is outrageous. Many of us bought the Ecosports only because it was so well priced. Ford wanted o show that they care about the Indian market by giving a vfm product. They made the Duster look overpriced. They encouraged cross shopping from different segments. Many of us stretched our budgets to buy the Ecosports. Even those who didn't really think of buying an SUV booked one thinking finally an affordable SUV is here.

Now Ford has got greedy like Renault. They don't respect customers who booked keeping the price in mind. It is sad to see many enthusiasts having to cancel their bookings after waiting for so long and still losing Rs. 3000. It is a big amount in a nation where many people earn less than a dollar a day. Price protection has to be given to all customers who booked before 5th of September 2013 irrespective of variant or color or engine. This is cheating if not given.

Already Ford has been exporting cars rather than delivering here and taking us for granted quoting almost year long waiting periods. Looks like in 3 months not a single 1.5 L Petrol model has been shipped. We all need to act together now to stop this criminality from happening. We pay in lacs and are still treated like this. Not at all acceptable. Kudos to the people who had the guts to cancel their bookings.
Come on. If you don't like the new price, you get your money back. What more can a car manufacturer give you? There is no cancellation fee. You can write to Ford if the dealer tries to con you.

BTW, I got a 1.5P.
Old 7th September 2013, 00:56   #3810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Color Lover View Post

I agree with your price protection point for those who booked prior to price hike. Not much else though.
If you want to stick it to Ford do decide with your wallet, Cancel the booking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks