Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2013, 01:47   #3811
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Now here is my story.

I had an Ecoboost Titanium (O) kinetic blue booked on June 26th, from Talera Ford, Yerwada, Pune on the date of launch. After waiting for a little over two months, last week the dealer called up and said my vehicle would be arriving in a day or two. The vehicle arrived on Sep 3rd/4th and i submitted my docs for loan approval on 5th. Got to know that a price hike was in the offing on 5th late night. I checked with the dealer on 6th morning and he said he had no idea on the price hike. So i decided to take it in my hands and went to the dealer on 6th evening and said i will pay the cheque for the full amount and you create an invoice right away so that i would be able to mitigate the price rise. The showroom boss (apparently some Asif ASS) utterly refused to entertain it and was rude.

The one thing i fail to understand is why should one be paying an extra 50K when the vehicle was already in their garage and the customer was willing to pay the whole money and they could have raised the invoice on the same date or the next? It really showed that the dealer wanted to make some money at the expense of the customer.

So I did ask for the cancellation of my booking and said that i would need the full amount of booking to which they agreed. Hopefully they will stick to their word and give me a full refund.

Will think for a couple of days and mostly on the auspicious eve of Ganesh Chaturthi on Sep 9th (out of town for the weekend), will go and cancel my booking and walk away with my MILLION
Old 7th September 2013, 02:08   #3812

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Come on. If you don't like the new price, you get your money back. What more can a car manufacturer give you? There is no cancellation fee. You can write to Ford if the dealer tries to con you.

BTW, I got a 1.5P.
The car manufacturer should also return the interest earned on the 50k booking amount to all those who cancel.

All 4 dealers in Bangalore speak about the Rs. 3000 cancellation fee.

Good to know someone in the world has got a 1.5 P. Thank goodness it does exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I agree with your price protection point for those who booked prior to price hike. Not much else though.
If you want to stick it to Ford do decide with your wallet, Cancel the booking.
They wouldn't really care if 1 person cancels.

There has to be far more mass agitation.

Old 7th September 2013, 05:12   #3813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Color Lover View Post
The car manufacturer should also return the interest earned on the 50k booking amount to all those who cancel.

All 4 dealers in Bangalore speak about the Rs. 3000 cancellation fee.

There has to be far more mass agitation.

I dont think it is only one person, I'm inline too and I have seen at least 10 others in the forum. If I don't get price protection or handling charges + mandatory accessories wave off and a better insurance qoute. I'm not willing to pay not more than 25K from the price qouted to me when I booked. BTW I booked an ecoboost titanium in Kochi.

Good to know someone in the world has got a 1.5 P. Thank goodness it does exist.

I hope what he mentioned is not a 1.5 P AT. So that we can confrim that this was manufactured before the price hike.
Old 7th September 2013, 07:43   #3814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post

Come on. If you don't like the new price, you get your money back. What more can a car manufacturer give you? There is no cancellation fee. You can write to Ford if the dealer tries to con you.

BTW, I got a 1.5P.
Are you sure there is no cancellation charges?

There was a mention of 3000 in the thread. A win win for Ford.

IMO the price hike was anticipated, but they should have given price protection for July pre-bookings. The car they are delivering today were basically assembled in August.
Old 7th September 2013, 08:00   #3815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Good to know someone in the world has got a 1.5 P. Thank goodness it does exist
The OP (ecosport) has got the 1.5P automatic.

I don't recall anyone having gotten the 1.5P manual yet, so that still appears to be a paper launch.
Old 7th September 2013, 08:05   #3816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

I don't recall anyone having gotten the 1.5P manual yet, so that still appears to be a paper launch.
I did see a 1.5p ambiente/trend getting ready for delivery at Talera ford, Pune in last week of Aug.
niks_devil666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 08:48   #3817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
The one thing i fail to understand is why should one be paying an extra 50K when the vehicle was already in their garage and the customer was willing to pay the whole money and they could have raised the invoice on the same date or the next? It really showed that the dealer wanted to make some money at the expense of the customer.
Very true. Dealer wants to use this opportunity to make more money.
A couple of dealers asked me to pay 50K extra for an immediate delivery to which i outrightly rejected.
Quote:
So I did ask for the cancellation of my booking and said that i would need the full amount of booking to which they agreed. Hopefully they will stick to their word and give me a full refund.
If you have probooked then dealer should not be charging any cancellation fee.
Old 7th September 2013, 10:20   #3818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Probably but remember..
Little drops make the mighty ocean.
Old 7th September 2013, 10:57   #3819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

If the 1.5AT was sold then i don't know why Ford wouldn't sell the 1.5 MT. I had seen a 1.5P at Lathangi, not a demo car, so should be for delivery.

It is a trend nowadays with manufacturers to start off with introductory prices, and jack up in a few months. That was why i had pre-booked the very second day after they announced pre-bookings. And even though i did not have an immediate need for a car, i fought with the dealer relentlessly to get the car delivered. I just beat the hike by 10 days. I did take a risk by booking a car without seeing one let alone without a test drive. Just to beat the price hike.

And i don't hesitate one bit when i say that i am happy with the hike. One, it got proved that i was right about my convictions. Two, the value of my asset just increased a bit.

Opportunities do not wait for anyone. It is wise to reassess the current situation and make a decision. Knee jerk reactions would hurt further.
ecosport is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 11:00   #3820
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
I've booked my Eco-Sport-Trend 1.5D on 1st Sep 13 in MPL Ford, Chennai. I'm yet to receive my booking number. As there is no price protection for bookings done before 5th Sep (Before Price hike) my dealer says an increase in on Road price of Rs. 35318/-
On-Road Price in Chennai (Trend 1.5D)
Before Hike: 925236/-
After Hike: 960554/-
Difference: Rs. 35318/-

Earlier to Eco sport I really never had a thought of buying an SUV and I was looking for a premium hatch back (Mid variants). I dragged my budget to manage the cost for this Lovely little Monster! I don't know if I could manage the current hike as it drags my budget even more.

Additionally dealers say that the insurance must be taken only via their dealer ship and cannot be taken personally as it is being provided by Ford India as a package. I've got few quotes out directly from insurance companies in which the premium is approx 9 K lesser. Also Dealers still insist on accessories. Can someone clarify is it mandatory as per Ford India that the insurance to be taken from Dealer ship itself, or Between Ford & every Dealer, will there be an agreements on these stuffs.?? Also MPL Ford charges 5 K for cancellation too. I'm confused..
Old 7th September 2013, 12:09   #3821
Distinguished - BHPian

I have decided to stick on with ecosport. Got the news yesterday that I can take delivery on 10th Sept. Fingers crossed.
Old 7th September 2013, 12:33   #3822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Can someone clarify is it mandatory as per Ford India that the insurance to be taken from Dealer ship itself, or Between Ford & every Dealer, will there be an agreements on these stuffs.?? Also MPL Ford charges 5 K for cancellation too. I'm confused
Ford does not mandate that you take insurance from their dealers. Its just the dealer's way of earning a few thousand more. You can write to Ford's customer care stating the name of the dealer, to get Ford's official response that insurance and accessories from the dealer are not mandatory. You can take a printout of that response when you meet your dealer next.

On the other hand, the cancellation fee charged by a dealer is set by the dealer, it is not centrally controlled by Ford. In Bangalore, it is 3K for Lathangi Ford.

If you wish to cancel, see if you can transfer the booking to someone else, instead of cancelling it.
Old 7th September 2013, 12:38   #3823

Quote:

Additionally dealers say that the insurance must be taken only via their dealer ship and cannot be taken personally as it is being provided by Ford India as a package. I've got few quotes out directly from insurance companies in which the premium is approx 9 K lesser. Also Dealers still insist on accessories. Can someone clarify is it mandatory as per Ford India that the insurance to be taken from Dealer ship itself, or Between Ford & every Dealer, will there be an agreements on these stuffs.?? Also MPL Ford charges 5 K for cancellation too. I'm confused..
@pkk_84

Firstly Thanks for the update on the increase in prices. Makes me feel lucky!

Secondly, Insurance is not compulsory. I chose Royal Sundaram, Zero Dep, Bumper to Bumper policy for Rs. 21,443/- The dealer quoted approximately Rs. 29000/- and I'm not sure if what he quoted was a Zero Depreciation Policy. Royal Sundaram is extremely consumer friendly too. They helped through the booking explaining each and every clause of the policy and in a few seconds I had my insurance policy in my mail box. Also, most importantly, the first time I booked the insurance, I had inadvertantly made a mistake in the date of registration. THe lady on the phone was kind enough to change this crucial entry even after I had paid the entire amount and my policy was crystallized and mailed to me.

Thirdly, my dealer didn't insist on any accessories. In the proforma invoice that he gave me, the essential pack of Rs. 4500/- was included which consists of Mud Flaps, Floor Mats and Perfume. However, he stated later that if I didnt want these, I could opt out.

All the best!
firsttimeowner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 13:41   #3824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians,
I've booked my Eco-Sport-Trend 1.5D on 1st Sep 13 in MPL Ford, Chennai. I'm yet to receive my booking number. As there is no price protection for bookings done before 5th Sep (Before Price hike) my dealer says an increase in on Road price of Rs. 35318/-
On-Road Price in Chennai (Trend 1.5D)
Before Hike: 925236/-
After Hike: 960554/-
Difference: Rs. 35318/-

Earlier to Eco sport I really never had a thought of buying an SUV and I was looking for a premium hatch back (Mid variants). I dragged my budget to manage the cost for this Lovely little Monster! I don't know if I could manage the current hike as it drags my budget even more.
I would suggest reconsider you're requirements. List down you're requirements from the car and also identify the one's which are absolutely essential and those you're willing to compromise on. If the Ecosport trumps the other cars and you can afford it without it becoming a burden, go ahead and get it. Else get a hatch.

I'm also in a similar situation with the Titanium + being too close to the sedan's pricing and a hatch will do just fine for my requirements as well.

The dealer cannot force you to take insurance from him, also cancellation is only 3k not 5k
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 15:19   #3825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr_yash View Post
Hi BHPians,

I have booked an Ecosport Diesel Tit (O) Mars Red in mumbai.

However, I am really really confused between the Mars Red and White color.

I own a Mars Red and I just love it.

My all time favorite is Silver on any car. But with the ecosport I had this gut feeling that this car looks best in this colour. Believe me,had it been any other car,I wouldn't have gone for such a colour. Even my parents approved the colour(to my surprise)
Whatever people say,Mars Red on an ecosport makes it a head turner.Also even if it's a bit dirty after a drive in the Kerala monsoon,it looks good.

All said and done,at the end it should be your heart over head,I feel

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks