Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2013, 15:33   #3931
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

While Ford is facing cancellations courtesy the price hike, they are not able to give intending customers any feedback on if there is any availability of the EcoSport due to the cancellations.

This is the feedback I got during a call back from a Ford marketing rep. All this chap could tell me was I need to get in touch with a dealer as the information about availability is not provided by the company, even though the booking process is centralised.
Old 10th September 2013, 15:57   #3932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
This method of calculating forex fluctuation effect is incorrect. For Auto makers, Bill of Material (BOM) cost is roughly 60-65% of vehicle sale price (net of excise duty), the rest comprises of sales and distribution costs, financing costs, depreciation, corporate overheads, profit margin etc. Assuming in Ford case, import content as %age of BOM is 40%, if INR depreciated by 10%, then resultant effect will be 2.4% to 2.6% reduction in profit margin (as %age of sales price net of excise duty).
Rightly said. To compute the effect of the depreciation in dollar is not a simple calculation. And as I had already mentioned in one of my previous posts, if the hike was in the range of 10K - 20K it would have been justifiable. But what we see currently is totally unacceptable. Also, it is apparent from the fact that the diesel variants have more hike when compared to the petrol (ecoboost / Automatic) which have higher import component to it. Diesels sell the most and hence Ford has exploited the customers by the steep price hike.

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th September 2013 at 16:37. Reason: Please dont quote large post for a short reply
Old 10th September 2013, 17:12   #3933
nmo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
You can contact Ford India at custmail@ford.com, they are very responsive. You will receive an email response, and if warranted, a telephone call also.
I sent out a mail to Ford customer service keeping AVK Automall's email ids on the cc list. No response from any one. May be Ford India's reps have too many calls to handle / emails to respond.

Then, on an impulse, forwarded the mail to: info@nationalconsumerhelpline.in keeping Ford customer service and AVK Automall's email ids on the cc list.

An hour later, forwarded the same mail to: pehredar@network18online.com

Within half an hour of my forwarding the mail to pehredar, I received a call from the TL who had been giving me the run-about that my cheque would be prepared by late evening today.

After that, I received an email from Dy GM (Sales), AVK Automall that my cheque would be prepared by tomorrow with the usual generic comments that the demand has been unprecedented and Ford is in the process of ramping up its production at Chennai plant.

I responded back to him that the fact that there is no transparency in the booking / allocation process is unpardonable and that I look forward to the situation 12 months from now when there would be no waiting period for Ford Ecosport and Ford dealers would be chasing the same customers that they are treating so badly right now.
nmo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 17:57   #3934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
Isn't it true that it can be termed as reasonable and "technically legitimate" marketing tactics IF we booked in advance by paying a CONSIDERATION and Ford allotted cars strictly by the booking queue whereas it becomes ILLEGAL the moment the company allots cars OUT OF TURN(since whether we pay the old rates or the new rates is directly related to our waiting time and position on the queue on 5th Sep) ? Can't we make out a case against them in consumer courts for pushing us back in the queue and thus making us suffer the new price? Just MHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
All this chap could tell me was I need to get in touch with a dealer as the information about availability is not provided by the company, even though the booking process is centralised.
The bookings are not centralized, is what I have come to understand. Dealers send the booking list to Ford, but Ford does not make the allotments. They send the vehicle list to the dealers before sending the vehicles and the dealers make the allotments based on their whims and fancies.

This is where Ford has let us at the mercy of these unscrupulous dealers. They give vehicles to their preferred people first (management quota), then to people willing to pay a bakshish, then to people who opt of their exorbitantly priced accessories and insurance, and if anything is left, the ordinary folks.

Ford could have managed it better, but this was Ford's way of letting their dealers make some quick money after the long drought they had after the Fiesta release.
Old 10th September 2013, 18:34   #3935
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
The bookings are not centralized, is what I have come to understand. Dealers send the booking list to Ford, but Ford does not make the allotments. They send the vehicle list to the dealers before sending the vehicles and the dealers make the allotments based on their whims and fancies.
This is also my understanding of how the process works.

Does anyone have an idea of why Ford (and possibly other manufacturers) do this? Is it to push legal liability away from themselves and onto the dealer?
Old 10th September 2013, 19:07   #3936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
The bookings are not centralized, is what I have come to understand. Dealers send the booking list to Ford, but Ford does
Ford could have managed it better, but this was Ford's way of letting their dealers make some quick money after the long drought they had after the Fiesta release.
Your inference seems very plausible.

Then the next question that arises is this attitude going to govern the way the dealers handle service as well? If that is a possibility, then it really does not inspire confidence.
Old 10th September 2013, 19:17   #3937
BHPian

Quote:
This is also my understanding of how the process works.

Does anyone have an idea of why Ford (and possibly other manufacturers) do this? Is it to push legal liability away from themselves and onto the dealer?
I booked my Ecosport on Sep 1st. Today got a call from Ford plant for verification on Variant and Colour (Mine is Trend 1.5D, White). Also he asked for booking date. When I said it is on Sep 1st, he stressed and asked "Is it recent 1st, Is it just before 10 days??" and when I said yes, he asked me "What is the dealer commitment on delivery". I responded him "45 days is what said to me orally by the dealer". And I asked him for booking number and approx date of delivery. He said "booking number will be provided only by the dealer and delivery may be +/- 5 days from the dealer committed duration. Later I called my SA for booking number. He still says, he hasn't got the booking number yet. It's been 10 days (6 working days)

Can some one tell how long will it take for a dealer to provide the booking number? And how long will it take for actually delivery from the date of verification from Ford?
pkk_84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 19:36   #3938
BANNED

Why do I think that buying an EcoSport is similar to eating in my hostel mess?

Simply, every time a pot full of piping hot rotis come out, those sitting close to the kitchen get the first dibs, while I am left waiting much longer.

Ford seriously needs to think about its allocation system, why only South and East India get the EcoBoost?
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 20:16   #3939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
I booked my Ecosport on Sep 1st. Today got a call from Ford plant for verification on Variant and Colour (Mine is Trend 1.5D, White). Also he asked for booking date. When I said it is on Sep 1st, he stressed and asked "Is it recent 1st, Is it just before 10 days??" and when I said yes, he asked me "What is the dealer commitment on delivery". I responded him "45 days is what said to me orally by the dealer". And I asked him for booking number and approx date of delivery. He said "booking number will be provided only by the dealer and delivery may be +/- 5 days from the dealer committed duration. Later I called my SA for booking number. He still says, he hasn't got the booking number yet. It's been 10 days (6 working days)

Can some one tell how long will it take for a dealer to provide the booking number? And how long will it take for actually delivery from the date of verification from Ford?
Its good to hear that the dealer has quoted a 45 day wait to you. For me, its already 2 months and yet they are telling me that I ll have to wait till the end of October for the car to be delivered. The response from Chennai Ford has been very poor. Unless you go to the showroom, they dont respond over phone properly.
Old 10th September 2013, 20:39   #3940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

Simply, every time a pot full of piping hot rotis come out, those sitting close to the kitchen get the first dibs, while I am left waiting much longer.

Ford seriously needs to think about its allocation system, why only South and East India get the EcoBoost?
Hahaha! Great comparison agambhandari. On a lighter note I thought things would be better in mamc than our ucms but I guess it's the same everywhere.
Coming to the topic I myself booked my Ecosport on 22nd July at riddhi ford mathura road Titanium TDCI and other than a serial no. I am still awaiting any response from my SA. Am hoping to get the car early next year. Let's hope ford doesn't increase the prices further till then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

Great comparison agam. On a lighter note I thought things would be better in mamc than ucms but I guess it's similar.

Coming back to the ecosport I booked my car on 22nd July TITANIUM TDCI and was promised to get the car early next year and a 2014 manufactured car. Let's hope after the recent hike ford doesn't plan to increase the prices once again in the new year. This is after all a mini suv and Ford should be cautious of not taking it beyond the reach of premium hatchback buyers.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th September 2013 at 06:28. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 10th September 2013, 21:53   #3941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post

Its good to hear that the dealer has quoted a 45 day wait to you. For me, its already 2 months and yet they are telling me that I ll have to wait till the end of October for the car to be delivered. The response from Chennai Ford has been very poor. Unless you go to the showroom, they dont respond over phone properly.
Which variant you have booked and what is the color? One of my friend who booked ambiente diesel, got it delivered from Chennai Ford with in 10 Days of delivery. He got delivery by 12th July. He insisted me to book mine Chennai Ford too and told me that MPL Ford delays the delivery than Chennai Ford. But as MPL Ford is nearer to my area I booked there. Guess Chennai Ford delivers quicker.

Also when did u receive confirmation call from Ford Plant?
Old 10th September 2013, 22:04   #3942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
And how long will it take for actually delivery from the date of verification from Ford?
It took 2 weeks from the confirmation call for the dealer to ask me to make the final payment (as my EcoSport was being delivered), and a week more to take delivery (you can speed this up by a day or two by chasing them).

See my booking to delivery timeline on my initial ownership thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...itanium-o.html

Congratulations on getting the confirmation call so quickly after booking, that is fantastic news!
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 23:05   #3943
BHPian

having heard good things about the eco sport. I went to book the car at Riddhi Ford South Delhi.
Surprise surprise....new booking are not being taken on any petrol variant of the Ecosport and for the diesel there is a wait of 6-9 months.

This always happens when a new car is launched by a manufacturer in India. The initial hype and excess demand and six months down the line discounts start rolling in and you can have any colour you want.
Old 10th September 2013, 23:10   #3944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironager View Post
having heard good things about the eco sport. I went to book the car at Riddhi Ford South Delhi.
Surprise surprise....new booking are not being taken on any petrol variant of the Ecosport and for the diesel there is a wait of 6-9 months.

This always happens when a new car is launched by a manufacturer in India. The initial hype and excess demand and six months down the line discounts start rolling in and you can have any colour you want.
Very true, especially with the kind of economic situation the country is in. Hopefully after the initial rush tapers off some good deals might be available.

Plus there will be the added benefit of early bird users feedback, helping for a more informed decision.
Old 10th September 2013, 23:33   #3945
BHPian

Quote:
It took 2 weeks from the confirmation call for the dealer to ask me to make the final payment (as my EcoSport was being delivered), and a week more to take delivery (you can speed this up by a day or two by chasing them).
Hurray ! It's a great news for me too. But still my SA says there is no confirmed booking number received for my booking.
Fingers crossed !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks