Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2013, 12:14   #4006
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Yes it is. the complete sunfilm business has gone close to zero state.
since i feel that for AC to be effective, sun film is a must hence i bought it with more than 60% visibility.
The supreme court ruling was clear : No film at all. But OEM tinted glass with 75% visibility is allowed.
Don't know in Lucknow, but in Hyderabad its a guaranteed 900/- fine and scratching of the film if you are stopped.

Reg number plates, the cops are now focusing on the plates also. Even small deviations in letter size invites a fine
Old 13th September 2013, 12:43   #4007
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
Its a killer combo
but i still don't know how it is being done ?
does the black paint scheme cause any signs of rusting to alloys ?
Alloys don't really rust since they are not iron/steel. They do corrode but painting it does not affect that much.

There are 2 ways to paint them black. One is to just sand it down and spray paint and other is to strip it completely and powder coat. The powder coat is expensive but will last life long and have much better finish.
Old 13th September 2013, 13:01   #4008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
My friend's Titanium Tdci Diamond White EcoSport from Delhi, upgrades as follows:

1. Upgraded to Hankook 225/55 R16 tyres.
2. Imported alloys
3. Front and rear bumper Appliqué.
3. Front Headlight chrome garnish.
4. Chrome rear tail lamp garnish, door handles, rear view mirror cover and rear spoiler.
5. HID in headlight and fog lamp.
6. Seat covers from titanium(O) pack

Attachment 1137783

Stock alloys are up for sale on TBHP classified if anybody is interested.

love the tyres but the chrome makes it look like a Fortuner wannabe
Old 13th September 2013, 13:01   #4009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I guess we all have our favourite gadgets, and we don't have to agree on them, but I always thought that push-button start is way over-rated. What does it gain you? Any convenience? Anything easier? Surely not really?

Keyless entry is another matter. I'm sure that must be very useful.
If we see that way, how difficult it is then to press the flip key button to remote unlock the car, instead of using keyless entry?? If we need to take the key out to start the car, it will take about 20 seconds or less to also take the flip key out to remote unlock the car. Right?

Of course, non-flip regular key (honda/tata types) is another matter. But where flip key is used, then I see keyless entry as no great/utilitarian feature too, unless push-button start complements it. Like a member pointed out here already, keyless entry and push-button start should be a paired (go hand-in-hand) feature, which provides convenience.. Hoping you might agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
"Why should I pay for 4 more useless airbags to get keyless entry/push button start"?
I'm keen to understand if you have any direct/indirect experience or reason to state that more airbags (4 more of them) are useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I can upgrade my booking to T(O) but now i have had enough with Ford India, might as well shell out the 2.5 L extra and go for XUV 500.
Can understand the frustration. In a similar case for myself, I did not even think for a minute to cancel a swift booking when it was launched in June 2005, as Maruti went from claiming 3 weeks delivery to 6 months for delivery (officially, through a letter). No point waiting that long for a car. Be 2005 or 2013.

But the XUV5OO is still not without niggles, I'm assuming. Paying 2.5L more for 'potential issues' that 'may' trouble you? I hope you end up choosing with more analysis and consideration However, one of my colleagu who purchase a top-spec XUV 5OO (W8?) has said he hasn't had any issues yet.

Quote:
Do they still sell sun films? It was made illegal, right?
Supreme court banned vehicles from having sun film installed. Not from selling sunfilms. Which is why I wasn't able to bring myself to respect their judgement. If they were honest to the cause, they should have banned production of automotive grade sunfilm (would have been the right judgement, if it really was a practical case).
Old 13th September 2013, 13:02   #4010
BHPian

Dealer Update:

Got a call from the dealer. Titanium (o) diesel to be billed by Sept 25th. Booking was on June 27th.
wysiwyg25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 13:06   #4011
avm
BHPian

I was considering the following modifications / styling:
1. Painting / mat finished (sticker) for the roof. (Black colour)
2. Xenon headlights
3. Daytime LED's

Any takes / experiences on these?
Any more cool suggestions for modifications?
Old 13th September 2013, 13:11   #4012
BHPian

Quote:

It is natural that people feel cheated. They can always upgrade to Titanium (O) to get those features, but the common thought process would be: "Why should I pay for 4 more useless airbags to get keyless entry/push button start"?
More airbags are never ever useless, in fact MORTH should disallow the sale of cars without at least a driver-side airbag in India. Titanium (o) vs the o-less is serious vfm especially with added features of push button start and keyless entry - well both go hand in hand anyway.
wysiwyg25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 13:50   #4013
BHPian

I had booked a Petrol 1.5 Trend on 3rd July, but cancelled the booking due to uncertain waiting period and price hike. Got back 47K yesterday.
Old 13th September 2013, 13:52   #4014
BHPian

Does anyone know if the chassis and engine number can be deducted from the 7 digit VIN number that the dealer provides?

Will the full VIN be - MAJAXXMRKAxxxxxxx ?
Old 13th September 2013, 14:12   #4015
BANNED

People I have heard that Ford has quietly deleted two notable features on the Titanium variant: keyless entry and push button start.
If this is true then this adds more to the price hike.
Old 13th September 2013, 14:38   #4016
BHPian

Check this news item on TBHP. I am sure Ford is taking note of this. Kudos to TBHP.

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/ford-ec...iants-lose-kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
People I have heard that Ford has quietly deleted two notable features on the Titanium variant: keyless entry and push button start.
If this is true then this adds more to the price hike.
Moto-Mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 14:43   #4017
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear Ford doing all this. Though the price hike was obvious considering the mad rush to buy EcoSport, what is surprising is they are not offering any protection. May be because others did not have any cancellation penalty, so to avoid any sudden change in mind of existing customers they provided protection. But Ford seem to have 3000rs cancellation charge which will make people think twice before cancelling booking

But the worst part is they have not only increased the price and also dropped few jazzy features off titanium variant. Good luck Ford !! They know that they have time till 2015 before rivals like Maruti,Hyundai and Honda can launch their mini SUVs
Old 13th September 2013, 14:55   #4018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I'm keen to understand if you have any direct/indirect experience or reason to state that more airbags (4 more of them) are useless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
More airbags are never ever useless, in fact MORTH should disallow the sale of cars without at least a driver-side airbag in India. Titanium (o) vs the o-less is serious vfm especially with added features of push button start and keyless entry - well both go hand in hand anyway.
About 50% of all bookings are Titanium variant, while the more VFM variant, the Titanium (O), stands at about 10%. So people don't seem to think that 4 airbags and leather upholstery is not worth the 40K that is demanded.

I am not one among them, since my ecosport has 6 airbags minus the push button start. If read carefully, you would see that I was just articulating the thought process of the regular buyer.
Old 13th September 2013, 15:36   #4019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Dealer Update:

Got a call from the dealer. Titanium (o) diesel to be billed by Sept 25th. Booking was on June 27th.
Which color was booked ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Alloys don't really rust since they are not iron/steel. They do corrode but painting it does not affect that much.

There are 2 ways to paint them black. One is to just sand it down and spray paint and other is to strip it completely and powder coat. The powder coat is expensive but will last life long and have much better finish.
Thanks a lot Vid6639
Do you know any place in Bangalore where i can get it done ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Off Topic:
I believe this is pointless now since High Security Number Plates have been launched in India and team-bhp won't obviously be selling something with its logo when its illegal.
High Security number Plates
haven't heard of them
Old 13th September 2013, 16:18   #4020
BHPian

[quote=shashank.nk;3235716]I agree completely. Success seems to have gone into their heads.

This is a sure shot way to lose goodwill and momentum that they could have earned on the back of a successful model like the Ecosport. Ford is behaving almost as if its a seller's market, with the Ecosport. Its not, Ford, its not.

Its strange how manufacturers and their representatives (like sales teams, dealers) behave differently when the chips are up for them. Its not just Ford, a Toyota dealer refused to get a Fortuner across to my residence for a test drive. His reason: "Since its a high selling car, you will have to come to the showroom for a test drive". He will sing a different tune when the sales start going down for the same model.

Cant we at least expect similar standards irrespective of whether a car is selling well or not??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks