Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2013, 07:26   #4036
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Any recommendations for tire upgrades for the 16" wheels
I switched to the Michelin Primacy 3 ST tires in the stock size 205/60R16, you can read my ownership review here.

I was advised against going to wider tires since the EcoSport does not put out much torque/power, and I felt that grippier tires were more important than appearances.

My observations about the Michelin Primacy 3 ST over 500 km of running are:
* Very quiet in running, a marked difference from the MRFs I replaced
* Good dry/wet grip
* I've taken curved flyover on/off ramps at speed, these tires grip well and don't make any noise, and gave me a feeling that there's more grip if I pushed harder.

Yes, as anilkumar has stated, these tires are pricier than the competition. I still went with these due to the Michelin name.

Let us know what you finally choose.
Old 14th September 2013, 10:01   #4037
BHPian

Wrt the discussions above on the Titanium (O) being the most VFM, Yes as of today it does. But the question is when will you get the car? Next year, two years later, no one has a clue about the deliveries, not even Ford.
In my case after repeated followups with the dealer and Ford, finally received the message that the car has been allocated for delivery this month.
Yes just allocated, after pre-booking it.
Looking at the price rise and cutting down of features, Trend would have been a better version to go for and by now I would have been driving it as well. Taken a decision to wait till this month end, and if its not delivered I would go ahead and cancel the booking.
Old 14th September 2013, 10:07   #4038
BHPian

Cheers mate atleast you got a vehicle alotted.
I have booked on 24 Jun 2013 and yet to hear a word from the dealer or Ford.

It actually leaves a bad taste to a nice experience like buying a new car.
I have also given time till month end, else am too cancelling and moving on.
Old 14th September 2013, 10:09   #4039
BHPian

Dropping the Push-Button Start and other features from the Titanium Variant, hmmm. If this is due a to a part-sourcing problem for Ford and results in lower waiting periods, then the move could could be justified ONLY IF there is a commensurate reduction in price too.
But somehow I have a feeling that it is a classic case of a car company leveraging a successful product to take the Indian Customer for a ride, yet again.
Old 14th September 2013, 10:24   #4040
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In reference to our news article, Ford India has written in stating that the Titanium models have been rationalized to enhance the distinction between the two trims (Titanium & Titanium Option Pack). The price difference between the two variants has increased by Rs. 15,000.

Still doesn't change the fact that the EcoSport Titanium is more expensive than at the time of launch, and with two nice features missing. Ford should have definitely offered price protection to early customers.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 10:38   #4041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The price difference between the two variants has increased by Rs. 15,000.
What does this mean? Did they drop the price of Titanium or increase the price of Titanium (O)?
Old 14th September 2013, 10:46   #4042
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ford should have definitely offered price protection to early customers.
100% agreed. The price protection should have been given to customers who have been waiting more than 2 months. Atleast buyers who booked in the first 30days till July 26th (30 days of launch) should be price protected.

They are having to pay more for no fault of theirs. Ford couldn't deliver the vehicle not that they didn't want it. Ford CEO had assured they were ready to meet the high demand expected.

On top of that the dealers are now charging Rs.3,000 for cancellation of the booking. A colleague had booked the Titanium TDCI on June 25th by paying 50K. After price increase and feature omission he has decided to cancel the booking as it is crossing his budget. The dealer will refund only 47K. On top of cancellation charges the dealer also gets the 3 month interest on the 50K in his account.

This is mistreating of the customers at all levels. Leave them cornered with no where to go. Not really the best brand image being projected out there.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 10:58   #4043
BHPian

Absolutely right. I am one of those victims of ford's incompetence and lackadaisical attitude towards customer relations. Pre-booked ecoboost Tit (O) on 10 Jun 13, allotted 12 waiting no and ultimately cancelled on 05 Sep 13. I am sure there has been manipulation from dealer side also which is again due to unwillingness of ford in stream-lining booking/ delivery process. However my question here is " what options a customer like me have other than to cancel and crib on the forums'?? Writing to customer care of ford is sheer waste as they are absolutely not bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
100% agreed. The price protection should have been given to customers who have been waiting more than 2 months. Atleast buyers who booked in the first 30days till July 26th (30 days of launch) should be price protected.

They are having to pay more for no fault of theirs. Ford couldn't deliver the vehicle not that they didn't want it. Ford CEO had assured they were ready to meet the high demand expected.

On top of that the dealers are now charging Rs.3,000 for cancellation of the booking. A colleague had booked the Titanium TDCI on June 25th by paying 50K. After price increase and feature omission he has decided to cancel the booking as it is crossing his budget. The dealer will refund only 47K. On top of cancellation charges the dealer also gets the 3 month interest on the 50K in his account.

This is mistreating of the customers at all levels. Leave them cornered with no where to go. Not really the best brand image being projected out there.
Old 14th September 2013, 11:01   #4044
Senior - BHPian

Called up Wasan Ford today in Chembur and they said Ford has closed bookings and they expect to restart the same in April 2014! They said their showroom has 1300 bookings and they have been allotted 20 cars so far!
Old 14th September 2013, 11:02   #4045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4gautam View Post
Now this is going a bit too far, just heard from the sales executive that the Titanium Version is loosing Push Button Start Stop. This after making us wait for 3 months, even though I booked pre-launch on June 24th and after increasing prices by about 50,000 OTR without offering price protection to anyone.

Just about had it with ford and contemplating picking up a Vento Highline instead. Specially with the zero percent loan for 3 years scheme going on.

What is your take on this ?
So you"re saying that you pay an extra 50K and dont get push button start?
Thats really unacceptable if you ask me. Ford you need to get your act together. This is not done, i am sorry. Customers may kindly be allowed a refund with interest and you dare not charge them a booking cancellation fee as you changed the deal around, not the customer.
Old 14th September 2013, 11:06   #4046
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
So you"re saying that you pay an extra 50K and dont get push button start?
Thats really unacceptable if you ask me. Ford you need to get your act together. This is not done, i am sorry. Customers may kindly be allowed a refund with interest and you dare not charge them a booking cancellation fee as you changed the deal around, not the customer.
Yes the customers who booked Titanium are left high and dry at all levels.

They have the following options:

1. Continue with the booking and the pay the 50K price hike. Along with the price hike you will lose the smart entry and push button start.

2. Cancel the booking and lose 3K as cancellation charges.

Both leave a sour taste. The guy who decided to pay for the price hike now has to live with a car with 2 lesser features and the guy who cancels loses 3K cash.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 11:26   #4047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Yes the customers who booked Titanium are left high and dry at all levels.

They have the following options:

1. Continue with the booking and the pay the 50K price hike. Along with the price hike you will lose the smart entry and push button start.

2. Cancel the booking and lose 3K as cancellation charges.

Both leave a sour taste. The guy who decided to pay for the price hike now has to live with a car with 2 lesser features and the guy who cancels loses 3K cash.
If I was in such a situation, initial knee jerk reaction would have been to cancel the booking. But I feel a longer delivery time and a price hike will now give everyone time to evaluate the other options in the market as per their needs.

I was lucky enough that my titanium option was invoiced on 30th Aug and delivered on 6th.
Old 14th September 2013, 11:28   #4048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I switched to the Michelin Primacy 3 ST tires in the stock size 205/60R16, you can read my ownership review here.

I was advised against going to wider tires since the EcoSport does not put out much torque/power, and I felt that grippier tires were more important than appearances.

My observations about the Michelin Primacy 3 ST over 500 km of running are:
* Very quiet in running, a marked difference from the MRFs I replaced
* Good dry/wet grip
* I've taken curved flyover on/off ramps at speed, these tires grip well and don't make any noise, and gave me a feeling that there's more grip if I pushed harder.

Yes, as anilkumar has stated, these tires are pricier than the competition. I still went with these due to the Michelin name.

Let us know what you finally choose.
In fact I did drop to Madhus with your advice and asked about Primacy series I did get a positive feed back with Primacy being quoted 10k per tire
and my YOKO dealer said 7900INR for DB series of 205/60/R16
but with my Understanding 205/60/R16 are big tires and upgrading them to 215/60/R16 might take some changes in suspension settings which is absolutely unnecessary with steering being light Stock size should be a better choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
What does this mean? Did they drop the price of Titanium or increase the price of Titanium (O)?
Ford actually increased the price of Titanium about 43k now they have reduced it to 15k
so titanium will have an increase of 30k now
Old 14th September 2013, 11:34   #4049
BHPian

I had booked a titanium diesel on July 1st and cancelled the booking on 6th July after I got a very good deal on the Rapid. I lost 3K but atleast I wasn't "conned" by Ford. I feel bad for those who have booked the titanium variant. Its pretty evident that Ford is trying to make hay while the sun shines. But, give it 6-9 months and when other manufacturers come in with their mini/micro/pseudo SUVs, Ford is going to have to start their midnight sales drama. Expect immediate delivery then along with discounts.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 12:38   #4050
BHPian

I think Ford has completely lost it and along with its dealers, they are running quite a headless operation.

The general rule is that you should get what you buy and if the final product has changed then by rule the customer can walk away without any obligations what so ever.

I thank fully cancelled my Ecosport booking in the first week of August after much deliberation. And honest to God, I do not feel any remorse. Had this titanium issue and price rise happened before I cancelled, I would have made them forfeit the cancellation charges.

Anyways I got the below letter from them today, at first I thought this is about the recall of my Figo but upon reading the letter I am surprised at how Ford works, how their is no cohesion at any levels. Also feel sorry for their other customers.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-letterre.jpg

So I who have cancelled a month ago, gets an allotment but some other person who genuinely needs the car gets no such regard. Shameful Ford.

Oh just got a phone call as well as I was writing this post, I will get delivery in the last week of this month, she was so enthusiastic that I though of enjoying myself and assured her my payments are clear and everything is in order. Now the question I ask myself is that if I actually go for delivery will they give me the car.
eq24 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks