Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2013, 18:18   #4111
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Thanks a ton arunphilip. Its a wonderful review. Howz the FE been? Also based on your experience, what tyre upgrade would you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Congratulations on getting your EcoSport, and hello to a fellow EcoBoost owner!

You can check out my ownership thread here, I too have an EcoBoost variant.

Coming to the black colour, please read up on how to wash and dust your car safely (e.g. avoiding hard water, using the Jopasu duster), since the black colour will easily show up swirl marks.

The left stalk has at its end a button that toggles the MID through the various modes (speed alarm, distance to empty, average speed, average fuel efficiency, etc.). Switch to the average mileage screen, and then hold that button down until the average is reset to zero.
Thanks ecosport. Keep us updated on your hunt for after-market accessories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Check page 96 of the manual. 500kms for the tyres, 1500kms for the brakes clutch and engine.

The only problem with the colour is that even a bit of dust and dirt shows. Good, if you can wash it every day, but make sure you use only a jet of water. Bucket and cloth method would take of the shone in no time. I haven't bought any accessories from dealer. The black car looks good even without the much talked about bumper appliques. I suggest you do not buy the overpriced Ford accessories. I am keeping a close watch of Aliexpress. I have made a test buy (key cover). if it arrives, I will start shopping for more expensive ones.

I too hope that it rises to at least 10kmpl. Anything below 10 is psychologically depressing.

12.5kmpl in the AT?

Keep the stalk pressed for a couple of seconds and it will be reset.
Old 16th September 2013, 18:32   #4112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
Thanks a ton arunphilip. Its a wonderful review. Howz the FE been? Also based on your experience, what tyre upgrade would you suggest?
Thank you for your comments.

FE - I've not measured it accurately as I'm in the run-in period. However, I did reset the MID on a recent tank fill, and its been showing me 10.5 km/L. Bear in mind that I've been getting caught in worse-than-usual traffic due to the rains in Bangalore; and I also tend to idle at signals (and not stop my engine) due to it being turbocharged.

I honestly expect it to improve towards 11-12 km/L once traffic clears up.

Tires - if you get the Goodyear Assurance, stick with them. I got this advise from a tyre dealer; and when a tyre guy tells you not to change tyres (and lose business) its advice worth listening to :-)

If you're unfortunate to get the MRFs, change them - you'll appreciate the increased grip and reduced sound.

I personally opted for Michelin Primacy 3 ST, but there are other good (and cheaper) options out there, such as Yokos, etc. Check this thread out for more info.

Whatever you do, don't go for wider tires, unless you want to sacrifice performance for appearance. The stock 205/60R16 size is perfect.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 18:37   #4113
avm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
My EcoSport AT has been giving about 9.5 kmpl in the city.
==========Will post a very detailed Thread after the first service.
Thanks a ton ACM !
Its good to know that the car has done well on the Mahabaleshwar ghats !
The overall average on the highway also seems pretty good!
How were the shifts in the S mode? Its a 6 speed AT right ? Im sure with the 1.5L engine, the climb wouldve been smooth without any hiccups

Now my contemplation between the manual and the AT is more than over. although the dealer has promised me that my manual verhcle may get delivered next month, I feel its worth the wait till November when the AT will be in my hands

Eagerly waiting to read your detailed review along with some stunning photos of the beauty.
Old 16th September 2013, 18:47   #4114
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I have posted my ownership report.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...uty-beast.html
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 20:52   #4115
BHPian

The manual says that petrol used should have a RON of 95. What is the RON of normal petrol? Isn't it 87?

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130916_201514.jpg
ecosport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 21:33   #4116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The manual says that petrol used should have a RON of 95. What is the RON of normal petrol? Isn't it 87?
Attachment 1139411
IMO, Research Octane Number (RON) of normal petrol is 91.
Old 16th September 2013, 23:45   #4117
BHPian

A sincere request to all lucky EcoSport owners... Guys keep updating your experience with the car.
Helps us lesser mortals to lessen our pain of waiting reading your posts.

Have given ultimatum to my dealer, if he doesn't bill my car in a week's time I am going to cancel along with 2 more bookings of my friends.
Let's see how it works.
Old 17th September 2013, 00:03   #4118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
IMO, Research Octane Number (RON) of normal petrol is 91.
OK. But am confused. Most premium fuels are 93 octane. Speed 97 is rarely available. How am I supposed to get 95 octane petrol for my car?

Would it be a printing error? Or they just carried it over from the international manual?
Old 17th September 2013, 07:09   #4119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
OK. But am confused. Most premium fuels are 93 octane. Speed 97 is rarely available. How am I supposed to get 95 octane petrol for my car?

Would it be a printing error? Or they just carried it over from the international manual?
That's interesting. The 1.5P engine has a higher compression ratio of 11:1 than the 1.0P EcoBoost which has 10:1, which implies that the 1.5P will benefit more from higher octane fuel.

However, I read that engines with variable valve timing on the intake side (i.e. both petrols in our case) are less sensitive to this, as the relative time between fuel injection and sparking is varied. Likewise, I'd assume that the ECU is also able to adjust the spark timing.

I hope someone with more experience can also chime in on this point.

Finally, I'd hope that all the months and kilometres of EcoSport running in the country before the launch also validated the engine's ability to handle our petrol.

Last edited by arunphilip : 17th September 2013 at 07:12.
Old 17th September 2013, 08:04   #4120

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Well the Ecsport is a great car. However it does have its limitations. A relatively small boot ( compared to full size sedans) is one. This is something which weighs on the mids of a lot of people especially when it may be the only car in the family or the other car is a smaller hatchback.

It gives you a great feel good factor, however in terms of space my Figo (Has most basic features like EBS, Airbags etc) is not too far behind and I bought my Figo at a price which is way lower than ES.

at 11 lakh ES is too much money for too small a car ( a completee change in my opinion over last 3 months. But as they say, "love is blind and one wakes up after marriage"
I couldn't agree with you more. I drive a Figo too and find it astonishing that EcoSport is called VFM, because of a few additional features. Or maybe , looks and quasi - status of owning a SUV-ish vehicle, takes primacy in the decision making of buyers.
Old 17th September 2013, 08:10   #4121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
A sincere request to all lucky EcoSport owners... Guys keep updating your experience with the car.
Helps us lesser mortals to lessen our pain of waiting reading your posts.
Our updates tend to go to our ownership threads. There are at least 5 Ecosport initial ownership threads active. This thread can best be used for news / booking progress, or to request early owners to answer questions (we're glued to this thread too). Mods, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Have given ultimatum to my dealer, if he doesn't bill my car in a week's time I am going to cancel along with 2 more bookings of my friends.
Let's see how it works.
Keep your expectations low. You might have to consider cancellation, just to prove that you stand by your word! I'm not trying to be cynical here, but you're just one among maybe a thousand others who also booked, and are trying pressure tactics to get an allocation / delivery.

Last edited by saisrujan : 17th September 2013 at 08:18. Reason: rephrased
Old 17th September 2013, 10:25   #4122
BHPian

Guys,

Need some help. I booked a Ford Ecosport diesel about 2.5 months ago and delivery date is coming very near. But I'm in a dilemma as I want to have a long term ownership (about 8-10 years).

My man concerns:
1. Mileage : How much is the mileage of Diesel Ecosport. (I have driven a swift and addicted to high mileages)
2. Service cost of Ford ?
3. Resale value.
4. Does Ford brand hold good for long term ownership ?

Please help me take a decision.

The ones I'm considering are : Ertiga VDi, Vento TDI, DZIRE ZDI
Old 17th September 2013, 11:17   #4123
BHPian

Whats the record for the maximum number of posts in a thread/sub thread? Are we close to approaching those levels here?

We can probably use the number of posts on the relevant thread at T-bhp as a gauge for interest level for a specific car.
Old 17th September 2013, 11:30   #4124
BHPian

So guys, Its been nearly 3 weeks of my usage of ES Titanium diesel and I have mixed reactions.
This is for sure that its a small car. Rather I should say a Hatch on Steroids!
You don't get a feel of a bigger car. Iam able to compare it directly against my other cars which Iam using.

Positives and Negatives:

Nice quite engine but turbo is not its strong point when revved.

Gives you a mixed feeling of its height. Its neither a full fledged SUV (Like XUV which Iam using) nor a sedan. SO the height is just enough to give you a feeling that you are sitting at a good heing but by no means a sitting position of the likes of a SUV

The turning radius is a bit of dissapointment. Despite its small size the radius is not good.

Milaege -- With my very sedate driving manners and with a maximum speed of 80 kmph tll now, Iam getting MID figures betweem 11.5 - 12.00 kmpl. I can bank on these figures as I feel the tank full method will also give me nearly same figures.

I will try to update my views on this thread.
uneet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 11:37   #4125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
The ones I'm considering are : Ertiga VDi, Vento TDI, DZIRE ZDI
Suggest you TD the Vento and decide. The car is build to last as per your specified requirement.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks