Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 14:59   #4351

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
A message to all Chennai folks who may have booked an Ecoboost Titanium with Chennai Ford(or even MPL, looks like this may not be relevant). The CRM at Chennai Ford tells me that there is a 1.0L Ecoboost Manual Titanium in Blue color available at Madurai and can be sourced. Just FYI in case you may be interested.

Note : Please do due diligence as appropriate, though.
I got a call from Metro Ford, St Marks Road, Bangalore yesterday offering me a Blue EcoBoost Titanium(O) instead of the Mars Red that I had booked (I had, in an earlier port, requested for people who had booked the same and gotten deliveries to come forward and identify themselves). I have been made to understand by the dealership that my priority number for ecoboost titanium(o) with them is 1 (booked on 2nd June 2013). And this was apparently a placebo being offered by Ford because I had mailed them and cribbed over phone to various Ford officials multiple times in the past.

I didn't want to settle for anything other than my preferred variant, color and all.

I am still waiting for someone to step up and let me know if they have gotten delivery of a Mars Red EcoBoost Titanium(O) from Metro Ford, Bangalore.

Congratulations to whoever benefited from this out of turn allocation of the Blue EcoBoost.
Old 26th September 2013, 15:01   #4352
Senior - BHPian

I would probably say they will not do anything , if they do it once they might suddenly have a surge of requests , each with their own sad/funny story and they will not be able to take care of all of them clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
While I hope Ford does something for the poor guy, wouldn't that leave some rightful owner who might be in the queue miffed? Of course, one car delivered earlier to someone won't really make a difference and Ford could really leverage this as a good PR exercise.
Old 26th September 2013, 15:52   #4353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
I too booked Trend 1.5D (White) on 1st Sep in Chennai and awaiting for my turn.

Dealer quoted price on insurance:32,274/-
Direct Royal Sundaram quote: 25,265/-
Difference: 7K approx.

Try Royal Sundaram. Request for a quote online and wait for call back(They will call you immediate day or the next day. They are very good and customer friendly.

BTW what is your booking date and what colour ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4gautam View Post
Hi !

When did you book ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Hi Harpreet, Can you please share your booking details here? It would be really helpful to the ones waiting in line!
Thanks all for your replies. I booked a Titanium Silver on 28th June 2013. Once two months passed, I started calling them aggressively. On aggressive followup they started telling me that Titanium Versions would land only in December. Therefore I started pushing them for a Trend. So according to them they allotted a Trend white on 15th September which was slotted to come to their dockyard on 22nd. They started pushing me to make some payment in lieu of this allotment - which I never did. Just few minutes back I went to the showroom and was astonished to know that the car gonna hit their yard on 2nd October.
I'm really surprised on their changing dates. Therefore I have thought not to pay off until unless the car arrives in their yard. Somehow I'm getting a feeling that they are just making attempts somehow that I pay them full and then they will again make me run behind them for the car. Really a disgusting feeling. Feel like that still I have an option to quit and move to some other car. How will they treat us post the sale when they are so cheap in dealing in prospective customers. Utter disgusting.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 16:37   #4354
BHPian

I strongly suggest you dont pay a dime till they intimate your VIN. To be more careful, i would recommend a PDI at the stockyard on receipt of your VIN and then pay the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
I'm really surprised on their changing dates. Therefore I have thought not to pay off until unless the car arrives in their yard. Somehow I'm getting a feeling that they are just making attempts somehow that I pay them full and then they will again make me run behind them for the car. Really a disgusting feeling. Feel like that still I have an option to quit and move to some other car. How will they treat us post the sale when they are so cheap in dealing in prospective customers. Utter disgusting.
Moto-Mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 16:45   #4355
BHPian

Today, I called the dealership to inquire about the status of deliveries, and according to my SA's team leader, my car would only come by February. I had booked the Diesel Titanium (O) on 7th July. This is totally ridiculous.

When i asked about the current status, he told me that May-June deliveries are currently underway, plus, the Titanium (O) is coming lesser in numbers as compared to other variants.

I'm starting to lose my patience as every time I call the dealership, they tend to shift the date of delivery forward.
Old 26th September 2013, 16:48   #4356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
So was it a display vehicle in Madurai ? Or a vehicle which was allocated and then not taken by the customer. Did the CRM have any information related to that ?
No such info. I also had the same doubt. It might also be a display/TD vehicle in Chennai that has run up around 500km and they hence want to palm it off saying it came all the way from madurai.
Old 26th September 2013, 17:32   #4357
BHPian

Quote:
Today, I called the dealership to inquire about the status of deliveries, and according to my SA's team leader, my car would only come by February. I had booked the Diesel Titanium (O) on 7th July. This is totally ridiculous.

When i asked about the current status, he told me that May-June deliveries are currently underway, plus, the Titanium (O) is coming lesser in numbers as compared to other variants.

I'm starting to lose my patience as every time I call the dealership, they tend to shift the date of delivery forward.
That's one royal ride they are taking you through. No way a booking done in July has to wait till Feb '14. Stop talking to SAs and team leaders. Find someone higher up. Go there on a weekend and shout at them.
Old 26th September 2013, 18:38   #4358
VBR
BHPian

Quote:

I got the same news yesterday. I had booked a titanium diesel on the 5th of July, and the SA tells me that I'll have to wait for another three months! Can someone please tell me who I should contact now. I really intend to speak to someone higher up rather than just the dealership. I'm sick and tired of waiting
Old 26th September 2013, 18:42   #4359
BHPian

Just a quick question on a point in the TDCi's review:-
" On the open road, the EcoSport diesel hits 100 - 120 kph reasonably quickly. Progress tapers off after that"

How is the performance after 120kph? Not that I intend to do so, but how much further can it go before straining?
Old 26th September 2013, 18:42   #4360
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone know how I can obtain:
  1. A PDF copy of the owner's manual?
  2. A PDF copy of the service manual?
  3. A duplicate owner's manual?

The last one bears a bit of explanation - I'd like to have a manual in the car to refer to when travelling, but I don't want that to be the original either - with my service coupons, etc.

The PDFs are for convenience of referring to it at my desk or when mobile.
Old 26th September 2013, 18:51   #4361
BHPian

Quote:

Can you let me know which dealer? Booked at Metro Ford on 22nd June and my Titanium 1L Ecoboost is expected only in December 2013. The numerous mails and calls to Ford India as well as the dealer have been of not much use.
Old 26th September 2013, 19:00   #4362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Does anyone know how I can obtain:
  1. A PDF copy of the owner's manual?
  2. A PDF copy of the service manual?
  3. A duplicate owner's manual?

The last one bears a bit of explanation - I'd like to have a manual in the car to refer to when travelling, but I don't want that to be the original either - with my service coupons, etc.

The PDFs are for convenience of referring to it at my desk or when mobile.
PDF not yet available online. I use the Fiesta owners manual pdf. There are lots of things common. It is available at onwer.ford.com
ecosport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 19:02   #4363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Just a quick question on a point in the TDCi's review:-
" On the open road, the EcoSport diesel hits 100 - 120 kph reasonably quickly. Progress tapers off after that"

How is the performance after 120kph? Not that I intend to do so, but how much further can it go before straining?
I TD'd the diesel car last week, did an easy 130km/h, it can certainly go beyond that (engine didn't feel strained) but I didn't want to push it thanks to the high GC and the unfamiliar car. I think 150 should be possible given the stretch. A re-map will make things interesting though. During my TD, a white duster was tailgating me all through, not sure if he wanted to overtake or simply look at the ecosport's rear XUV 500 guy simply flew past me after trying to take a peek at the interiors, doing close to 80km/h!

Disclaimer: I was driving to test the capabilities,I don't advocate doing such speeds on public roads.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 26th September 2013 at 19:17.
Old 26th September 2013, 19:12   #4364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I TD'd the diesel car last week, did an easy 130km/h, it can certainly go beyond that (engine didn't feel strained) but I didn't want to push it thanks to the high GC and the unfamiliar car. I think 150 should be possible given the stretch.
Thanks shashank. The Ecosport suits my needs perfectly. I have been seriously deliberating between the Vento and Ecosport for some time now. I like the Vento terribly, however, my at my height(6'2"), i need the entry/exit and seating to be a bit on the higher side. I currently drive an Alto and you would guess how bad it is for me to fold my arms and legs when trying to sit.
I had a short drive on the Ecosport and the comfort and seating suited me. I didn't get to have an extensive test drive.
Old 26th September 2013, 19:14   #4365
BHPian

I am sure 140 would be possible, anything further the engine will cry. This is based on Fiesta experience and since its the same engine it should be at par. Anything above 90 is dangerous in India and I am sure you were driving just to test the performance..
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I TD'd the diesel car last week, did an easy 130km/h, it can certainly go beyond that (engine didn't feel strained) but I didn't want to push it thanks to the high GC and the unfamiliar car. I think 150 should be possible given the stretch. A re-map will make things interesting though. During my TD, a white duster was tailgating me all through, not sure if he wanted to overtake or simply look at the ecosport's rear XUV 500 guy simply flew past me after trying to take a peek at the interiors, doing close to 80km/h!

Most Viewed