Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 15:54   #4381
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
But another thing is that at the time of booking, they had mentioned 6-7 months on my booking form, and whenever I call, they mention the fact that the waiting period will be as per what is written on the form.
I think mine was the quickest allotment. I booked on 30th June and vehicle was allotted on 6th of July. (Within a week!) But the booking receipt did have that 7-8 months waiting disclaimer.
Old 27th September 2013, 15:57   #4382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Thank you for that site, I wasn't aware of that. The pricing of the mats are good, although its worrying you had to correct the driver's mat.

Its also very nice to see that the driver's mat is reinforced - else our heels dig through the mats in no time! How does that metal reinforcement feel - is it slippery or does it have reasonable grip?
The metal reinforcement has not interfered in my way of driving. Hence I am assuming it has grip. Never noticed its presence to be honest.
raj84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 16:02   #4383
BHPian

@luckyakash "This feature can be customized (read manual) unknowingly u may be disabled it"

Can you please help me with the page number on the manual as i don't see anything on the lighting control section

Last edited by ranjithrnair : 27th September 2013 at 16:06.
Old 27th September 2013, 16:17   #4384
BHPian

Just got in touch with my dealer RIDDHI FORD in Delhi regarding delivery of my Titanium + TDCI Ecosport. Was told a week back that I can expect delivery by end of this month or latest first week of October. I had booked on 24th June and confirmed my variant on 26th June.

Extremely disappointed to report that today on visiting the showroom was again told that the car would take 1.5 to 2 months more ! Absolutely disgusted with this behaviour of FORD Dealers. Moreover was also told that going forward the keyless entry and start stop button feature is also being removed from the Titanium Optional Variant as well !

Does anyone else have any such news ?

Seriously considering cancelling my booking !
Old 27th September 2013, 16:39   #4385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4gautam View Post
Moreover was also told that going forward the keyless entry and start stop button feature is also being removed from the Titanium Optional Variant as well !
Ford better not pull that stunt - there's very little differentiation between the Titanium and Titanium(O)* variants (only the additional 4 airbags?). People will be happier being able to fit in their leather seating of choice, if they wish, to the Titanium variant, than pay more for the Titanium(O) variant.

* Also known as the "Tit+" variant, just to annoy Thad.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 16:50   #4386
BHPian

Quote:
Just got in touch with my dealer RIDDHI FORD in Delhi regarding delivery of my Titanium + TDCI Ecosport. Was told a week back that I can expect delivery by end of this month or latest first week of October. I had booked on 24th June and confirmed my variant on 26th June.

Extremely disappointed to report that today on visiting the showroom was again told that the car would take 1.5 to 2 months more ! Absolutely disgusted with this behaviour of FORD Dealers. Moreover was also told that going forward the keyless entry and start stop button feature is also being removed from the Titanium Optional Variant as well !

Whoa. As much as i love the Ecosport, I'm sure if that happens, it'll be the final nail in the coffin for me, and i guess, for many others as well.

Moreover, the reason for removing these features from the Titanium variant was that Ford needed to differentiate more between the Titanium and Titanium (O) models, right?

However, one thing that I can infer from your case is that Titanium (o) models are really short in supply, as I'm waiting for the same variant and my dealer too has pushed the delivery date forward.

Last edited by Abh1nav : 27th September 2013 at 16:52.
Old 27th September 2013, 17:00   #4387
BHPian

Quote:

Same here. My experience is also the same. Riddhi is really really a pathetic dealer. All the excitement of buying a car has fizzed out. Even they are asking me to pay full even though the car still has not reached their ware house. Talked to Rabani Mohammed at Ford Customer care and he has asked me to get the allotment of car in written from the dealer. Also he has asked me to take the demand for full payment in written. Will talk to Senior Sales Manager Ahuja tomorrow for this.
Really I'm considering canceling my booking as this is not the way I wanted to buy my car. :(
Old 27th September 2013, 18:05   #4388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...just to annoy Thad.
Thanks, arunphilip: consider me annoyed . What worries me is the plural!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Moreover, the reason for removing these features from the Titanium variant was that Ford needed to differentiate more between the Titanium and Titanium (O) models, right?
Wouldn't it have been so much better to add something to the higher variant? They could even have worked out a formula with an increased price, so long as they offered something actually desirable. That could have been a win/win. Taking away just leaves the customer feeling a looser.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 19:31   #4389
BHPian

Yes actually the attitude and strategy of Ford is intriguing at the least !!
First they launch the models as they launch, then sudden price increase ( Anticipated actually) then cutting down on features to differentiate the trim levels and now further hints of feature cut in top end Titanium +.
It is indeed retrograde steps from ford and surely is not going to do well for the brand down the line when customers will have choice in the segment.
Right now lot of us are just sticking to the car as we don't have choice and we are in love with this little souped up hatch but repeated humiliation and utter disregard of customers is not going to take this LOVE STORY far for sure.
Ford hope you listening.

Update on my booking, my SA says Titanium (O) in Ecoboost are not coming at all and which are coming are only in Mars Red colour. (My colour option is any colour less Red, Blue and Black) so its a blind wait even now, its 3 months plus now after booking.

@Mods : I know this post of mine doesn't add much value to the thread but helps a little to vent some frustration toward Ford and its dealers.
This post may be deleted if desired so.

Last edited by techfreak : 27th September 2013 at 19:42.
Old 27th September 2013, 20:41   #4390
djs
BHPian

Finally, after a long painful wait, I got a call from Elite ford that vehicle allocated to me has reached their Stockyard. I had pre-booked Ecosport Titanium Diesel Mars Red on 22nd of June. I'm going to do the PDI tomorrow ( Team -BHP PDI checklist printed) and see the vehicle in person. My SA has confirmed to me that it has Push Button Start Stop & Smart Keyless Entry. Though I had to wait for just over 3 months, the attitude of dealership has been supportive so far.

Thanks to Wildon, the VIN is decoded and vehicle is manufactured on 12th of Aug, 2013.

Now the bangalore on road prices are below:

Ecosport Titanium Diesel metallic With Push Button Start Stop & Smart Keyless Entry (post 5th september price hike)
Ex-showroom: 918840.00
RoadTax: 143146.00
Insurance (Comprehensive Bumper to Bumper) 39500.00
Incidental Expenses 8000.00
Standard Fitments 4500.00
Ext Warranty (3rd & 4th year + RSA) 16431.00
================================================== =
Total : 1130417.00

Ecosport Titanium Diesel Metallic with Without Push Button Start Stop & Smart Keyless Entry (post price hike, after taking out features)
Ex-showroom: 903602.00
RoadTax: 140778.00
Insurance (Comprehensive Bumper to Bumper) 39279.00
Incidental Expenses 8000.00
Standard Fitments 4500.00
Ext Warranty (3rd & 4th year + RSA) 16431.00
================================================== =
Total : 1112590.00

I request fellow T-BHP members to kindly answer my queries :

1) Is there anything suspicious about getting a 40 days old vehicle, especially Ecosport ? I had written to Ford & Dealership before allocation of Vehicle. Can someone please guide me what to check carefully other than things listed in PDI checklist just to be more than 100% sure ? How to check Odometer connection?

2). Has someone taken delivery of Ecosport Titanium Diesel metallic with/without Push Button Start Stop & Smart Keyless Entry in Bangalore after 5th September ? Looks like I have to shell out more money, just want to confirm on the price ?

3) I'm planning to take insurance from outside. Can earlier owners confirm that Reliance has cashless transaction facility with Elite ford Bangalore ? Which would be the best for Elite Ford ?

4). I'm taking some loan from SBI, got a message that loan has been sanctioned. I am told that I need to carry "Form 20" & full Down payment receipt to SBI. Do I need to make full payment to dealership before SBI can allocate/disburse me the loan ?

Also, if possible, it would be great if fellow BHPians who have taken vehicle from Elite Ford can PM me their number for a quick conversation and advice ?

Thanks in Advance
djs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 21:25   #4391
Senior - BHPian

Had visited my dealer to get some papers and ended up chatting about the deliveries being made. Here is the situation as per him.
1. Around 70 deliveries being made each month
2. Titanium are about 5-7
3. Titanium + are 2-3

The SA himself was not happy with all the mayhem ford is causing by hiking prices, removing features and not alloting sufficient cars in the titanium and above versions. He was facing some serious heat from customers who have booked as early as june and he thinks the situation isn't going to change for better anytime soon.

Guess those who are still waiting are better off looking at Plan-B now is my sense.
What's surprsing is that there is no real news/story around what is causing this mess, what is Ford doing about it and why is Ford not responding to queries being asked by those who have booked and are getting increasingly frustrated/irritated by the wait and changes to the models/prices.
Old 27th September 2013, 21:46   #4392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Had visited my dealer to get some papers and ended up chatting about the deliveries being made. Here is the situation as per him.
1. Around 70 deliveries being made each month
2. Titanium are about 5-7
3. Titanium + are 2-3
I believe this is correct. I am on top of the waiting list at my dealers end for a titanium version since Aug end, so far they haven't received any dispatch details.
Mr Singh's handling of Ford India is really pathetic, no accountability, just plain talk. Saw him on one program the other day with Hormazd, felt he couldn't drive the car properly on the Highway leave alone leading a company. Micheal Boheman was far better.
Old 27th September 2013, 22:00   #4393
Senior - BHPian

Personal experience at Harpreet Ford Gurgaon was abysmal. No sales executive approached till we ourselves saw EcoSport, Fiesta and walked out of the showroom. There were two TD cars but no one was even bothered to talk. Two customers were screaming at Managers for refund and status update on delivery.

Pathetic. My first thought was that the fly squatters at showroom have grown used to it. I shudder what fate awaits the customers at service centers.

For me the car is a fail if it can't reach the buyer.
Old 27th September 2013, 22:05   #4394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
I was tailgating a Diesel Titanium on the way to office today and had one observation. For a "SUV", the size of the indicator and brake lights when blinking/on is too small. Maybe Ford could have made that part chunky to give that mean look. This really looks like a Maruti indicator.

Well said
Even I felt the same
They're too small for this car
Old 27th September 2013, 22:25   #4395
BHPian

Can someone let me know if a booking can be transferred? If yes, pls. advise on how to go about the process. The dealer is not being helpful on this one.

On booking, the dealer handed me a receipt mentioning the variant, the amount paid and the booking reference number. No terms and conditions were printed other than orally mentioning a cancellation fee of 3K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks