Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:00   #436
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

From the brochure it appears tweeters are provided, though only for the AT variant.

Cheers,
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:02   #437
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
From the brochure it appears tweeters are provided, though only for the AT variant.

Cheers,
Actually from the brochure it says tweeters are provided on Titanium AT and Titanium (O). There's small error above that wherein the Titanium (O) does not get 4 speakers but gets only 2 tweeters.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:20   #438
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Apart from ESP and Hill hold, the top spec manual petrol EcoBoost and Diesel have all the safety features.

Titanium (O) gets side and curtain airbags as well as Titanium AT. Titanium manual does not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
The other dilemma is Petrol vs Diesel. I have a Petrol palio already, should I buy the diesel ecosport? Having never owned a diesel car before, I have no idea what to expect in terms of service/maintainance costs after say 5-6 years. I drive about 1000 kms a month give or take a couple of hundred.

No one really knows the price of the Ecosport yet, but if its going to cost 10lakhs or so for the Ti version, wouldn't a sedan be a better bet at that price? Something like the Linea or even the new Fiesta should be available within 10 lakhs give or take a few thousand?
@ vid: Do I understand correctly that the EcoBoost Titanium Manual does not come with Side Curtain Airbags, Hill Hold and ESP?
Is it correct then that the Titanium EcoBoost AT gets all of these features?

I think they are mad to exclude such excellent features from their Top Spec Titanium (Option Pack) versions. They should at least allow consumers to opt for these and pay extra if they wish to. I really get irritated with these marketing fools and boardroom jockeys who plan these strategies. None of them, I am very sure, would have set eyes on a real life consumer for many many years - they would have been too busy jockeying around for their boardroom positions. Blasted Corporates - staffed by a surfeit of consumer-unfriendly, opinionated, brainless, greedy executives.

@sharninder: These new diesel vehicles are generally trouble free provided you follow the maintenance schedule in a diligent manner and use only the authorized service guys to look after your vehicle. For peace of mind, you can always make sure to buy the Extended Warranty option which is available across most vehicles these days. However, frankly, from my side, if I were at all considering the EcoSport, I would unhesitatingly buy the EcoBoost on account of its fine new technology which is extremely fuel efficient too. It is a matter of time before Petrol and Diesel achieve parity and you, living in Delhi, are anyway getting the benefit of cheaper Petrol than anywhere else in India!
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:23   #439
BHPian

Saw one near Viveknagar Infant Jesus shrine junction. I am sure the guy was testing the pot-hole capability. He was simply crashing through every single pot hole in that area. He was not making ANY attempt to avoid or slow down for the craters. Personally, I liked the side profile a lot. But, somehow didn't like the orange color. Hope I'll get to see a few other colors as well.

I am also glad to let you all know that the wife observed this and approves of the vehicle. "what is that? oh.. the Ecosport.. weren't you mentioning this like the past 5 months? oh.. I think I can drive it too.. doesn't look too big. Can we take a test drive?" (yay!). Patience young grasshopper.

Hopefully, we should get our hands on one when it gets launched.
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:27   #440
BHPian

Hormazd Sorabjee is not sure about EcoSport launch on 11th June. He feels it could be towards end of June.

So far we know that dealers are getting ready with brochures and demo vehicles. They have even unofficially started taking bookings and will be offering test drives by end of this week.

I hope Hormazd is wrong on launch date prediction and right on the launch price prediction of within 5 lakh bracket.
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:28   #441
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Search stats (for top queries run on Team-BHP). Doesn't look like interest in the Duster is fading away at all. In the middle of the EcoSport buzz, and a full year after the Duster's launch, I'm surprised that there are more people searching for the Renault! This isn't usually the case with highly anticipated cars whose launch is just around the corner.

Of course, one reason could be that people don't need to search for the EcoSport. It's 1st on our homepage. Still...

Name:  Search Stats.png
Views: 4102
Size:  28.9 KB
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:33   #442

A bloated Hatch back does not command a high premium w.r.t other premium hatchbacks. Ecosport remains a Hatch Back.
My bet on the pricing is
Petrol (Base - Top Variant) --> 5.3 to 7.3 Lacs INR
Diesel (Base - Top Variant) --> 6.4 to 8.5 Lacs INR
Ecoboost Petrol (Top Variant only) - 8 Lacs INR
Anything else in my honest option would be a suicide by Ford.
AUTO_ZING is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:37   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Is it correct then that the Titanium EcoBoost AT gets all of these features?
EcoBoost has not been mated with an AT gear box. It's the 1.5 liter NA engine which will come with AT.

Thanks.
mroptimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:42   #444
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
EcoBoost has not been mated with an AT gear box. It's the 1.5 liter NA engine which will come with AT.

Thanks.
Righto!
So the EcoBoost will only be a manual then!
Now I really do not understand why they compromise on some of these features in this lovely new variant. Might as well load it up as much as possible or at least offer consumers the option of paying for and buying those features!
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:54   #445
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Apart from ESP and Hill hold, the top spec manual petrol EcoBoost and Diesel have all the safety features.

Titanium (O) gets side and curtain airbags as well as Titanium AT. Titanium manual does not.
The Titanium AT looks pretty well loaded then. For me, it’s actually better than the Titatnium (O). All that missing is some frills like the start/stop and keyless go, along with the leather seats. Definitely, not as important as Stability Control.
Only trouble is, adding custom leather seats maybe an issue due to the side airbag mechanism.
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:15   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So looks like the AT gets side and curtain airbags but loses out on smart keyless entry and start / stop button.

That's a very nicely specced AT variant.
Yes, I agree. But how I wish they had provided this start/stop button on AT, too. I have this thing for s/s button. No need to fumble for key and search for keyhole in the dark. Can Ford at least provide this as an after-market at show-room itself? I heard there are after-market s/s options available at car decors but I wouldn't like a car decor guy to mess with wirings of a car which is not only a new car but a new model, too. I don't want my car to end up as a guinea pig.
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:24   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
..I think they are mad to exclude such excellent features from their Top Spec Titanium (Option Pack) versions. They should at least allow consumers to opt for these and pay extra if they wish to. ..
Sirji, on a purely consumer viewpoint, what makes you attracted to the Ecosport compared to the Yeti or any other similar vehicle you have owned or used ? Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:30   #448
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Had an internal word from Ford that the car will be launched in end July or August !!
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:35   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
Hey Guys,

Had an internal word from Ford that the car will be launched in end July or August !!
What does internal word mean? Here i'm hearing from dealerships that they have already received material to "decorate" the show rooms and expect the launch between 8-15 June. They are expecting a display vehicle & a demo car as well (no clue on variants/engines etc).
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:41   #450
BHPian

This is strange because i got calls from two Ford dealerships in Mumbai confirming June 11 as the launch date, don't know whats up with Ford India

Last edited by ishaanranderia : 3rd June 2013 at 12:41. Reason: spelling mistake

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks