Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-302.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagha (Post 3254761)
I only have the picture of the seat from where the armrest was removed.I have already posted that.I would suggest you call up saddles bangalore office and speak to Mr Nagarajan.He is the one who installed my seat covers as he happened to be in delhi at that time.Mr Nagarajan will definitely guide you.

Can you please help me with the contact number of Nagarajan.? Will call him tomorrow itself

Moderator note: Back to back post, please use Multi Quote (Quote+)/. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport (Post 3254841)
Can you post the high resolution photo of the pic which shows the airbag module? I'd like to read what is written on it.

I got an idea now. If there is anybody in this forum who plan to upgrade their OEM leather seats and would like to sell off their old covers, I would like to buy it off you.
lol:

I tried zooming in on the original picture but the text is not readable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3255063)
Can you please help me with the contact number of Nagarajan.? Will call him tomorrow itself

saddles bangalore ....01244218080.
Mr suresh handles the entire car seat cover section and his number is 09591990696.you can contact nagarajan through him.

After a long long wait, emotional ups and downs, almost cancelling the booking and then sticking as no other option was good enough, my Ecosport Titanium (o) Tdci came home on 1st Oct. This mars red color made me wait for so long.

Done 400 kms already, varying the rpm as much as possible, FE is showing 15.6 with AC with a mix of city and highway, car is creamy smooth, going for a 1200 kms trip to the hills this weekend.

Ownership thread to follow along with comparisons with Vento.
Name:  ForumRunner_20131003_121356.png
Views: 4610
Size:  551.0 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolboy007 (Post 3255334)
After a long long wait, emotional ups and downs, almost cancelling the booking and then sticking as no other option was good enough, my Ecosport Titanium (o) Tdci came home on 1st Oct. This mars red color made me wait for so long.

Done 400 kms already, varying the rpm as much as possible, FE is showing 15.6 with AC with a mix of city and highway, car is creamy smooth, going for a 1200 kms trip to the hills this weekend.

Attachment 1147307

Lovely color. Worth waiting for.

With Ecosport's door opening mechanism, how did you get out without banging/scraping the wall? :-)

A random thought maybe, but do i sense a slightly Yeti-ish shape in the Ecosport from the backside?

Quote:

After a long long wait, emotional ups and downs, almost cancelling the booking and then sticking as no other option was good enough, my Ecosport Titanium (o) Tdci came home on 1st Oct.

Congratulations coolboy 007! I'm in a similar situation, but don't see the end to my long wait anytime soon. :Frustrati

If I'm not mistaken, you had booked through Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar, right? Can you shed some light on the kind of follow up you did with them to get your Ecosport? please:

I had booked the same model on 7th July and they say that as per their charts, I will get my vehicle by Feb 2014, which i believe is totally absurd.

Till now, I have only been following up with them over the phone, but I guess now I'll have to keep visiting the showroom and track the progress, so, your inputs will be of great help!

Congratulations coolboy!
You seemed eager to drive around in your cool new toy, already done 400KM in what 2 days!! Nice!! clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha (Post 3255393)

With Ecosport's door opening mechanism, how did you get out without banging/scraping the wall? :-)

Exactly my thoughts, looks like a tight squeeze in the parking area.

People with keyless entry may ignore this post. Rest of the folks who has the ordinary curved key, and thinking to get the leather cover from aliexpress/ebay, may want to look at this before ordering.

1) Quality of the cover is acceptable, although it is not genuine leather. For Rs 450, I expected genuine leather.
2) It makes the key really bulky, and adds to the bulge in the pocket.
3) It is not a proper fit. If you look at the pic below, you can see that the curves do not match, and hence the button for flipping the key does not match with the hole.
4) There is no way you can "attach" the cover to the key. So the key keeps slipping out.

You may avoid spending money on this cover.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-key2.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-key1.jpg

I am thinking of a zamindar kinda all-chrome look (like Fortuner/Endeavour, shiny chrome RVMs, shiny door handles and window frames, two small extra RVMs on the bonnet, extra spiral antenna on boot etc). I have a feeling this may give Ecosport a good sturdy look. Especially on the silver gray and dark grey options. Request members' opinions. Thanks

Quote:

After a long long wait, emotional ups and downs, almost cancelling the booking and then sticking as no other option was good enough, my Ecosport Titanium (o) Tdci came home on 1st Oct

Congrats buddy,
Nice to hear another tit (0) in team bhp, it is definitely worth the wait.
Fixing the 3m ppf door guard is a must for your car looking at your parking space
Wish u miles of happy motoring:)

After a long wait my SA called me up in the morning to inform me that my car is allotted , I should be getting the VIN in a couple of days.
I had pre-booked Trend Silver TDCI on 14 June and then changed my booking to Titanium on 27th june. Had booked in Metro Ford, St Marks Road

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha (Post 3255393)

Thanks buddy, in the end i was willing to switch to white or grey but then thought that i have already waited for so long, why not wait for a little extra than regret when ever a mars red Ecosport went by.

Quote:

:uncontrol
All of us team bhp'ians have such keen eyes, only we think of such small things. There is no 3 stage opening a la Vento in this car but the doors are super heavy and i opened it a bit, it stayed there, held it with my other hand, squeezed through and managed not to hit the wall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abh1nav (Post 3255420)
Congratulations coolboy 007! I'm in a similar situation, but don't see the end to my long wait anytime soon.

I can understand your dilemma, i was in the same spot a few days back but believe me when i say this, the moment you drive this car, you will know the wait is worthwhile.

Start visiting the showroom once a week, try to get hold of the GM Sales, speak to him about your delivery, ask him politely but with a commanding tone that you need to know when you will get your car, why is the wait being so long etc. Write to Ford's MD, Harpreet Ford's MD, call on the Ford customer care, ask them that you want to know where you are in the wait list and tell them you are wary if your dealer is fair in the allocation process.

Himanshu posted a few pages back that he got the delivery of his car as he booked on 22nd June, i booked on 25th June so they are clearing June end delivery. If your model is Titanium (O) along with Mars red then am sorry but you will have to wait, Ford is just not producing Mars Red color, if its white or silver, am sure you will get delivery by Nov or Dec end, by no means it would stretch to next year.

Ford has started catering to domestic markets more, they sold 10000+ units this month and am sure Ecosport would amount to atleast 6000-6500 of that amount.

Harpreet, Moti Nagar have been fair as per me. They didnt force their essential package, 3m treatment etc like other dealers, i said a NO and they obliged, you can even take insurance from outside.
Quote:

Originally Posted by teemus (Post 3255431)
Congratulations coolboy!
You seemed eager to drive around in your cool new toy, already done 400KM in what 2 days!! Nice!! clap:

Thanks mate, the parking is indeed tight. Was just comparing the width of Ecosport with other cars and it is indeed wider. Vento/Rapid are 1699 mm whereas Ecosport is 1765mm, just 5mm short of Innova.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3255563)
Congrats buddy,
Nice to hear another tit (0) in team bhp, it is definitely worth the wait.
Fixing the 3m ppf door guard is a must for your car looking at your parking space

Thanks, the Tit (o) is VFM as you get push button, 4 airbags and leather upholstery over Tit with a 50k difference, just that the wait for the (o) trim is even higher.

This is not my residence :D, had brought the car to my friend's place to show him and then realized i hadn't clicked a single snap of the car and was too busy driving it, i stay at a place where there is ample parking space.

Where do we get the 3M ppf films? Would be glad to stick it on to the doors so it can protect against chips from door banging in tight parking spots.

[quote=Where do we get the 3M ppf films? Would be glad to stick it on to the doors so it can protect against chips from door banging in tight parking spots.[/QUOTE]

You could get it at any 3m car care outlet in your town.

Went again to Elite ford stockyard to check the vehicle and if the interiors are cleaned. Taking up delivery this sunday. When I did PDI couple of days back, I was not happy with interiors, driver's arm rest was having some dark marks. So they got the seat covers cleaned by 3m foam cleaner. Don't know why they move/tear those plastic covers all over and don't put newspaper etc on carpet. I am not happy with paint job on exterior as well, noticed a very small 'chip' (pic attached) , PDI manager said he'll do the "touchup". I'll check tomorrow how they finish up.

Goods news to the people awaiting delivery is that I saw lots of new Ecosports (~15) in their stockyard clap:

Hello Friends
I get my trend this weekend. Seriously thinking to get alloy wheels for all 5 wheels.
What do you all suggest ?
I went to a reputed shop in Faridabad and these were his words : "Please do not get 15" alloys. Get 16" ones. Moreover Good Year is not that a great tyre so please upgrade to either Yokohama/Michelin/Continental." He kept on reiterating that in an SUV only 16" will look good. On switching to 16" 205/60 Tyres and 16" alloy wheels, the budget shoots up to 35-40K. What do you all experts suggest ?

I did some search and found two places to look for good options on Alloys:
1. SAI MAG Wheels
2. Kartar Tyres, Karol Bagh

And for tyres, it was B.K. Tyres recommended by all Delhi BHPians.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 3256217)
Hello Friends
I get my trend this weekend. Seriously thinking to get alloy wheels for all 5 wheels.
What do you all suggest ?
I went to a reputed shop in Faridabad and these were his words : "Please do not get 15" alloys. Get 16" ones. Moreover Good Year is not that a great tyre so please upgrade to either Yokohama/Michelin/Continental." He kept on reiterating that in an SUV only 16" will look good. On switching to 16" 205/60 Tyres and 16" alloy wheels, the budget shoots up to 35-40K. What do you all experts suggest ?

And for tyres, it was B.K. Tyres recommended by all Delhi BHPians.

I have a Titanium-O variant and my neighbor down the street has a Trend. I find the 15 inch wheels and 195 section tyres in the Trend to be too small for the size and presence that the EcoSport has. Viewed from the back, it looks odd, since the vehicle is quite wide and seems to be balancing on thin heels. The rear-mounted spare looks OK for the height of the car, in fact the 16 inch spare wheel looks enormous and covers up too much of the rear of the car.