Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-304.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shauncolaco (Post 3256789)
Hi, Read in the review here that "Diesel engine gets protection underneath (missing in the EcoBoost)". Can anyone tell me if this is available as an accessory. If yes, how much would it cost. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilg33 (Post 3256846)
The protection that comes with diesel from factory is very basic, kind of a thick carpet like protection. Actual metal engine guard is available as a accessory and costs approximately 5000rs.

I've got an EcoBoost with the engine guard fitted as an accessory. It cost ~Rs. 5000 as sunilg33 pointed out. However, its not metal, its made of hard & thick ABS plastic.

It will be good as a sacrificial guard (i.e. dissipate energy by breaking that will otherwise be spent damaging the sump), but will not serve as a mechanical guard that protects the engine by strength itself.

Finally seems my wait is coming to an end. Today got call from my SA followed by a mail informing of allotment of my EcoSport. :-)
Is a white color Ecoboost Titanium (O) model. Originally I had booked a Titanium, Chill Mettalic but after change of from level by Ford upgraded to option pack and any light shade. Decoding the VIN confirmed it to be a Sept 13 manufactured car. Anyone has any idea as to how many days it takes for the car to reach guwahati once it starts from Chennai plant, estimated date by the dealer is 25th Oct.

Now starts another round of wait and finalising on the list of accessories. I have thought of the following :-

Steel scuff plate,
Mud flap
Head light bulb upgrade
Rain visor
3 roof cross bars( no plan to put the roof carrier)
3D floor mats including boot.
Sporty Pedals
Change of tyres to Yokohama if I get MRF as OE
Some sporty decal on body as I feel White will look pretty plain jane otherwise.

Guys any good suggestion on this is most welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreak (Post 3256955)
Finally seems my wait is coming to an end. Today got call from my SA followed by a mail informing of allotment of my EcoSport. :-)
Is a white color Ecoboost Titanium (O) model. Originally I had booked a Titanium, Chill Mettalic but after change of from level by Ford upgraded to option pack and any light shade. Decoding the VIN confirmed it to be a Sept 13 manufactured car. Anyone has any idea as to how many days it takes for the car to reach guwahati once it starts from Chennai plant, estimated date by the dealer is 25th Oct.

I don't know the exact for Guwahati, but IIRC, Ford keeps the max. Transit time under 2 weeks for all locations.

Dear Team-BHP members,

Its with a great sense of relief and immense pride i announce that i have taken delivery of my Diesel Titanium(O) EcoSport Diamond White on 13th Sept 2013. My sincere apologies for this late announcement. But i have been so busy the last 4 weeks that i did not have any energy left at the end of the day. Apologies once again. A Detailed ownership report shall come up as soon as time permits.

When i did the PDi on the 12th of Sept'13, i saw 8 EcoSports in the Car Lot including mine. Two of them were Tit(O) variants, mine included. 5 were Petrol and 3 were diesel. Of the petrol variants, 3 were Ecoboost. i got to know from the dealership person that only 2 or 3 Titanium Diesel get sent every month. The dealership is quoting a 270 day waiting periods for Diesels. for petrols it was 90 to 120 days. Bookings are still accepted but the customer is told very clearly about the delay. the petrol-diesel booking ratio is 60-40, possibly bacuase of the cheapest petrol prices in the country that Goa has. One thing i got to say about the dealership is that they are transparent and honest about the waiting periods. Kudos to them for doing that.:thumbs up

i sincerely thank Vid for his clinical official review and also i would like to thank each and every member who has posted on this thread. All of your posts are invaluable to me.

The car is a dream to drive and i'm really glad i stuck to my booking. i always wanted to own the EcoSport. For now i leave you with a few pics of the PDI and of the delivery day. Cheers and thanks once againclap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapeco (Post 3257241)
Dear Team-BHP members,

Its with a great sense of relief and immense pride i announce that i have taken delivery of my Diesel Titanium(O) EcoSport Diamond White on 13th Sept 2013. My sincere apologies for this late announcement. But i have been so busy the last 4 weeks that i did not have any energy left at the end of the day. Apologies once again. A Detailed ownership report shall come up as soon as time permits............

.................. The car is a dream to drive and i'm really glad i stuck to my booking. i always wanted to own the EcoSport. For now i leave you with a few pics of the PDI and of the delivery day. Cheers and thanks once againclap:

Congratulations buddy. Wish you millions mile of happiness n joyful driving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreak (Post 3257268)
Congratulations buddy. Wish you millions mile of happiness n joyful driving.

Thanks techfreak. i'm glad to know that the light at the end of your tunnel is nearly there. I hope you get your Ecosport soon:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreak (Post 3256955)
I have thought of the following :-
Steel scuff plate,
Mud flap
Head light bulb upgrade
Rain visor
3 roof cross bars( no plan to put the roof carrier)
3D floor mats including boot.
Sporty Pedals
Change of tyres to Yokohama if I get MRF as OE
Some sporty decal on body as I feel White will look pretty plain jane otherwise.

Congratulations on the upcoming delivery :)

That's a smart selection of accessories.

Scuff plates - note that what you get as an official accessory is only the scuff plates for the front 2 door sills, not the rear. Please source the rear from either the market, or see if the Figo's rear scuff plates will fit.

Head light upgrade - Given yours is a top-of-the-line Titanium (O) (meaning lots of electrical gizmos), I'd suggest that you stick to better 60/55W bulbs like Osram Night Breakers or Philips XtremeVision for a few months at least, and not fit a relay for 100/90 bulbs. This will ensure that there are no electrical gremlins that might crop up early, where you might face pushback on electrical warranty.

3D floor mats - let us know which ones you get. I've put in 3M Nomad mats, but it'll be good to see what options are there for 3D mats. I've also put in Ford's 3D trunk tray, which is an excellent accessory (though pricey).

Sporty pedals - I suspect you have reasonable/heavy rains in Guwahati, so please consider whether you'd prefer the superior grip of the standard pedals with wet shoes, or the looks of the sporty pedals. While the sporty pedals does have rubber circles in it, the grip of those will not match up (IMHO) to standard rubber pedals. I originally wanted to fit sporty pedals, but Ford didn't have stock at that time. Since then, I've reconsidered my decision and decided not to go in for those.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 3257302)
I've put in 3M Nomad mats, but it'll be good to see what options are there for 3D mats.

Hi Arun, how much did it cost for 3M Nomad mats for your ES. I saw noodle mat in DIY section which is far cheaper than 3D mats and very similar to 3M Nomad. Only concern is you must spend a bit of time and strain a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkk_84 (Post 3257353)
how much did it cost for 3M Nomad mats for your ES. I saw noodle mat in DIY section which is far cheaper than 3D mats and very similar to 3M Nomad. Only concern is you must spend a bit of time and strain a bit.

The 3M Nomad mats cost me Rs. 5500 + 14.5% VAT. More info here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3249915

Pricewise, it is a far cry from the DIY method, although I'm not sure if the mat itself is different.

Mods/others - how about putting a poll on this thread to let owners vote the variant they've bought?

Options could be:
I'm curious to see the split of EcoBoost vs. AT vs. Diesel; because I feel the representation of EcoBoost owners on this forum is higher than in the outside world. With this poll, we can compare the poll results with the diesel vs. petrol sales that we get in the monthly analysis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapeco (Post 3257269)
Thanks techfreak. i'm glad to know that the light at the end of your tunnel is nearly there. I hope you get your Ecosport soon:thumbs up

Congrats mate ,
I would like to add the individual pack(led scuff pl, camera, spoiler) to the list, it is always handy to have the reverse camara as you know the rear visibility is very poor and the illuminated scuff plates look great.

Ambient light looks awesome too:D

Both front and rear appliques complete the cars butch look.

Thanks mate. It has been a terribly bad wait of 5 months . But knowing the state of Ford dealers one really doesn't know what is in store till you actually get the car.
Regarding individual pack I agree it adds to the look of the car but it will depend on the tyre I am getting, if I got to swap the tires it adds to my budget, As finally all boils down to Vitamin M. ;-). Regarding the front and rear applique do they come only in silver color or one needs to paint them in the car's color?

Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreak (Post 3257484)
Regarding the front and rear applique do they come only in silver color or one needs to paint them in the car's color?

They come in the silver colour only, and are meant to be installed like that, to give the appearance of metal skid plates.

No need to paint them in the car's colour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 3253360)
What variant of Ecosport you have? Mine in Titanium with Push button and keyless remote. The button is very hard and is not soft touch. You have to press very hard. For the boot to release you have to press the button twice.

I checked in my Tit Ecoboost and it works. Thanks PrideRed for pointing it. I feel this is a feature that has come out inadvertently from Ford as they have not mentioned about it anywhere in manuals. Also there is no explanation why 2 clicks are needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndinesh (Post 3257597)

I checked in my Tit Ecoboost and it works. Thanks PrideRed for pointing it. I feel this is a feature that has come out inadvertently from Ford as they have not mentioned about it anywhere in manuals. Also there is no explanation why 2 clicks are needed.

Yes I too feel it has come out inadvertently, as rightly brought out by you it is not mentioned anywhere in brochure or the manual. Even the SA and showroom guys didn't know about it when I asked them about it. ;-)