Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2013, 10:52   #4606
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Hi. Did your FE improve after first service? My FE is hovering at 15 be it city or highways or Sedate or spirited driving .
Hi Niks_devil666, I have managed to get 10.5 km/l on my Ford Ecosport 1.5P AT in daily Chennai city commute (about 15-20 kms per day) but was able to achieve 14.8 km/l on a highway drive (about 200 kms). On the highway drive I used the Sports Mode with the Tiptronic kept the gear in 6th and kept the speed to a steady 80-90 kmph. Had 4 people in the car and the A/c set to 22 degrees. The Ecosport AT drives like a dream on the highway absolutely no NVH and really so smooth & refined
royfernandez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 11:32   #4607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Have been looking at the Ford India website and came across this. I'm not sure how far Ford is upto it when it comes to ES..
OT, but couldn't help it: I think this Joginder Singh has great parallels with the other Joginder Singh - the cricketer.

His DELIVERY is as SLOW as the other Joginder Singh's deliveries

His only claim to fame is due to his opponent making the mistake of an atrocious DIL-SCOOP off something he was expecting to reach him but was never going to (as we all have done a DIL-SCOOP, fallen in love with the Ecosport and paid tons of money to make it famous only to find the money has bought us just weekly conversations with an SA)

and has been caught out by his partner out there in the field who ultimately turned out to be a scamster (just as we all have been entrapped by Ford's field partners - the dealers).

(For those who can't relate to this story - this is about the world cup final delivery)

HighwayBuddha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 13:58   #4608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
Hey pkk_84, this pledge pertains to delivery after vehicle servicing at workshop and not to delivery of new vehicle. In any case, Ford has come clean by blaming it all on dealers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
This is obviously for delivery after service :-) Not for new cars. And this is also obviously an international "delivery promise" template imported into Ford India to please the global bosses/policymakers.
Ohh, I missed the heading "Service" in "Service Pledge" as I'm curiously awaiting for my new car delivery.

Hoping Service Delivery will be as promised without any reasons after showing up an huge amount of sales figures with ES.
Old 7th October 2013, 15:06   #4609
BHPian

Quote:
Hi. Did your FE improve after first service? My FE is hovering at 15 be it city or highways or Sedate or spirited driving .

Yes it did improve a bit.
It was that 3000-4000 km which showed the maximum FE on the MID
Actually in that initial few thousands of kilometers i drove very sedate.
Old 7th October 2013, 15:42   #4610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
OT, but couldn't help it: I think this Joginder Singh has great parallels with the other Joginder Singh - the cricketer...
Ha ha, but for all your comments, the part that shows your frustration the most is your signature:

Quote:
Old 7th October 2013, 16:33   #4611
Distinguished - BHPian

Owners, is ES a competent highway cruiser? Comfort wise? Any fatigue for front/rear passengers?

I did have a test drive but sadly not long enough and am not sure if my deductions from the short 15min ride are fair or accurate.
Old 7th October 2013, 16:35   #4612
avm
BHPian

Spoke to my dealer again today. Its been more than 3 months i've been waiting patiently. And my limit is slowly getting over.

What he says is Ford is not delivering any petrol cars. He claims that they received only 3 petrol cars last month!!! Can this possibly be true !?

Sometimes I think I might as well wait for few more months and book the new Octavia than begging to these fools to give a realistic time frame for the delivery of the car.
Old 7th October 2013, 16:44   #4613
BHPian

I visited the SC Ford yesterday for checking the status of my Tit(O) Ecosport. I had booked on 21st July.

The senior guy there actually showed me the letters ( By big politicians) for the delivery of Ecosport.
One of the senior politician had actually written in the letter that " Mr.___ happens to be our party member, please allot him the vehicle out of turn"

Even I have been asked to produce such letter if I want a delivery ( have anyways waited for 3 months). When I approached on of the Politician that I know, he asked me the simple question that Why are politicians are being involved in this. Its merely a car being delivered after paying your hard earned money.
Old 7th October 2013, 17:06   #4614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know what the 'TA' button in the music console do? Its above the numeric keypad left to the music note symbol.
It surely does not work in india

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Owners, is ES a competent highway cruiser? Comfort wise? Any fatigue for front/rear passengers?

I did have a test drive but sadly not long enough and am not sure if my deductions from the short 15min ride are fair or accurate.
It is very comfortable on the highways, in fact I bought it specifically for highway use.drove 12 hours at a stretch on one particular trip, no fatigue whatsoever.

I personally feel 130 to 140 kmph is the upper limit for control in case of an emergency braking

Negotiating tight curves are comfortable and you feel confident till 100kmph.

This is my experience riding on yokohama 205.60.R16. DB series,

Last edited by ecosport rules : 7th October 2013 at 17:13.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 17:12   #4615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
It is very comfortable on the highways, in fact I bought it specifically for highway use.drove 12 hours at a stretch on one particular trip, no fatigue whatsoever.
Thanks! That's good to hear. How about the rear seat comfort?
Old 7th October 2013, 17:13   #4616
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if this issue is there only with my car or other cars have it too. The horn pad has a lot more gap on the left side compared to right side ( gap between horn pad and steering). Also, horn is a lot easier to press from the right side and is super stiff from left side.

Some sad frustrated soul left his mark on my car, really pissed off from morning, seems as if he used a key to take the paint off :(, would request the service guys to touch up if possible.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131007_171324.png
Views: 2635
Size:  519.1 KB
Old 7th October 2013, 17:18   #4617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! That's good to hear. How about the rear seat comfort?
Rear seat is very comfortable as said by rear passengers, the recline feature is very useful they added.

I personally am not fond of rear seats in any car for that matter.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 17:22   #4618
BHPian

Last promise I got was to get the car by Sep end. And it didn't happen, now I will wait only till Oct 15th, If I don't get any written confirmation from Ford, I will cancel my booking on Oct 16th. For people who are late to the thread, my booking number is 1 from Vibrant Ford Hyderabad, and I was getting lot of false promises in each and every month.
Old 7th October 2013, 17:27   #4619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Its much better than a lot of cars i've driven but has its own quirks:
1. Lower back support starts looking insufficient after a couple of hours. You need to pad it up with a towel or something. Can be fixed easily i guess. But its way way better than what i experience in my Getz.
2. Could never find a proper position for my legs no matter how i adjusted the seat height or steering position. Guess its about getting used to but welcome any feedback here.
3. Armrest is of little use, its not long enough to allow you to place your elbow comfortably and use the gear knob after a point when you slide your seat back.
4. The front seat has sides that are supposed to make you fit in snugly. Unfortunately, for large people, it gets irritating after a couple of hours as it starts getting uncomfortable since the sides of your back start getting sore.

All of the above are factors that vary from driver to driver. From a performance perspective, plan your overtakes on the highway. Esp if you are moving in from a petrol car cause no matter what anyone says, the 90bhp diesel feels lacking for any spirited driving.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 7th October 2013 at 17:33.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 19:22   #4620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Some sad frustrated soul left his mark on my car, really pissed off from morning, seems as if he used a key to take the paint off :(, would request the service guys to touch up if possible.
That's just sad! OTOH you sure this wasn't there on the delivery day? Considering the place and size could have been easily overlooked that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
.. I personally am not fond of rear seats in any car for that matter...
Obvious. We Live to Drive afterall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Its much better than a lot of cars i've driven but has its own quirks..
That's very nicely put Nilesh. You and ecosport_rules have just typed out what I wanted to hear. So that's good.Though will test it out a few more times keeping your points in mind.

About the power, actually, am after the Unicorn! The Petrol one . Let's see if I even manage to get a TD!
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed