Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2013, 06:19   #4636
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Taking delivery of silver titanium (o) diesel on this Thursday the 10th. What accessories are a must have from the dealers.

As of now just planning to take the mud flaps. Going in for Black 3d kagu mats. Do I really need the skid plates.

Will be changing the Tyres right away but not sure which ones to go with. two options are
Michelin primacy
Yokohama Db.
Should I upsize the Tyres to 215 55 r16. Saifee Tyres in Santacruz suggested upsizing or do you guys suggest sticking with the manufacturer size.
Is there a need to get the underside engine cover. Does it help in reducing road noise.
Thanks for your help in deciding.
Welcome to another tit (0) in the family.
It gives me immense pleasure when some BHPian gets delivery of titanium optional

The front and rear appliques add and complete the butch look of the car.

Both yokos and michelins are good in my opinion, its a matter of personal choice.I went with yokos and am very satisfied. I am sure that is the same case with michellin owners.

Sticking to stock size is the best because the engine is just about adequetely powered and cannot offer extra to carry upsizes.But if you want to upsize go for 225/55.R16 (the ground clearance will remain same).215/55R16 will reduce GC a bit.

The differences with upsizing:
1.will offer better grip and is more confidance inspiring than 205 of the same brand.
2.mileage drops by 1 or max 2 km
3.drop in the initial pick up, otherwise no difference on the move.
4.will give the car a more beefier look.

ABS Engine guard will not at all further reduce engine noise, but will provide a sacrificial protection for the sump which I personally think is worth.

Please refer to my initial ownership report for details about all original Ford accessories.I am throughly impressed with what they are offering.

Finally,I feel accessories are each individuals personal choice, if anybody tells you some item is a must have it is just his opinion.

Happy shopping

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th October 2013 at 09:48. Reason: Only two smileys per post please.
Old 8th October 2013, 07:07   #4637
BHPian

If I am going to cancel my booking what would be my other options. My preferences were SUV like ground clearance, Good petrol Engine and Manual transmission. With these consideration the only other choice is CRV. But I am not able to digest that I need to shell out 25L and I am not getting all the features which I am getting in a Sub 10 L car. (Duster I am not considering, because the petrol engine is not at all good for highway driving style and petrol variants haven't loaded with features plus the rear seat is cramped for me ) . Now I dropped the petrol engine requirement, then I am seriously contemplating on Aria. What do you guys say?
Old 8th October 2013, 07:32   #4638
BHPian

Hello All

I got my Ecosport (White Trend) this Sunday. Will post some pictures and detailed review soon but would like to mention some quick points which caught my positive attention:
1. My presumption that MJD is the best diesel engine falls flat on face - the car runs really smooth and the engine is very responsive and smooth.
2. The driving seat is comfortable as I do not need the Amron back rest, which I was used to in my Swift VDi.

Somethings which were bizarre for me :
1. Ford provides only 1 central locking remote for the car. The second key is just a key with RF ID.
2. The boot lid opens ONLY through the electromagnetic button, at the back light. There is no way to open the boot remotely sitting inside the car.
3. There are no equalizers in the Audio System (though bass and treble and adjustable). Tweeters are essential to be installed to really enjoy the music.

Will post pictures and in-depth reviews in coming few days.
Old 8th October 2013, 07:33   #4639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As of now just planning to take the mud flaps. Going in for Black 3d kagu mats. Do I really need the skid plates.

Will be changing the Tyres right away but not sure which ones to go with. Should I upsize the Tyres to 215 55 r16.

Is there a need to get the underside engine cover. Does it help in reducing road noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Firstly, +1 to everything ecosport rules said.

Skid plates are aesthetic, not functional (i.e. they're not metal and don't offer any added protection). If you like the looks of it, go for it. Personally, I found the cost prohibitive (~10k totally for front and back) for a purely cosmetic accessory so did not opt for it. Having said that, I think the front skid plate will go very well with the silver colour you're taking.

I will ask you to add in the scuff plates as an accessory - that will protect the paint on your car's rocker panel as you get in and out. You can either go for the steel finished scuff plates (I chose this) or the LED-illuminated scuff plates (many others here have chosen this).

I would also recommend you add the 3D trunk tray from Ford. The build quality and functionality of it are awesome.

Good you're taking the mud flaps from Ford, what they offer is subtly more stylish than what's available on the open market. See this post for more info: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3248392

Regarding a tire change - best place to check for advice is this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...l-upgrade.html

However, to briefly summarize tires:
  • MRF tires are best replaced, Goodyear Assurance are quite good
  • Michelin, Yokohoma and Continental tires have been used by different members on their respective EcoSports, and all have been very pleased. So you can't go wrong with any of these choices.
  • For a performance and grip standpoint, don't upsize beyond 205/60 R16, none of the engines (including the diesel) put out enough torque to require it. Instead change to better quality rubber, such as the 3 options listed above.
  • If you're upsizing for looks, then 225/55 R16 is the right upsize (without losing ride height) and will give the car a much nicer 'planted' look.

An ABS sump guard will not reduce noise. The diesel anyway comes with a soft sump guard (see below), so probably run with it for your break-in period, see if it picks up much/any damage and then decide accordingly.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fordecosportdiesel08.jpg

Please read up EcoSport ownership threads on the initial ownership reviews forum, to see what people have done to their respective cars.
Old 8th October 2013, 08:08   #4640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does it help in reducing road noise.
An engine guard will not reduce road noise. If you want to reduce road noise, you can consider 3M's under body anti-corrosion coating that can be done in any 3M place. In Mumbai, here's a short list of such places:
Since you're in Mumbai which has high humidity, you can also consider 3M's internal panel protection option - contact them for more details and cost.

Apart from rust protection, this coating cuts down slightly on road noise because it consists of a thick rubbery material. This, combined with your planned tire change, should bring down road noise noticeably.

The car comes with good wheel well cladding, which also helps reduce road noise.

Any further reduction will require damping/sound insulation of the floor and wheel wells.

PS: Sorry for back-to-back posts, but I missed the 30-minute edit window.
Old 8th October 2013, 08:16   #4641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
If I am going to cancel my booking what would be my other options. My preferences were SUV like ground clearance, Good petrol Engine and Manual transmission.
If you really like the EcoSport and not in urgent need of a new car, I would urge you to stick to the booking. I feel the Ford is still a good VFM buy even after the price hike. The car is in demand, so its natural that the price will go up unless there are other comparable options in the market. And I see it going up again.

However, considering your requirements, between the EcoSport, Aria and CR-V, I would take the CR-V. I feel the new one is a terrific option for that money.
Old 8th October 2013, 08:40   #4642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
If I am going to cancel my booking what would be my other options. My preferences were SUV like ground clearance, Good petrol Engine and Manual transmission. Now I dropped the petrol engine requirement, then I am seriously contemplating on Aria.
  • If you like the EcoSport, I'd recommend waiting for it, its worth it.
  • Since you're not limited to petrols, then why not reconsider the Duster, especially since it has two diesel options with their respective strengths? The fit and finish of the EcoSport and Duster will both be better and car-like compared to the Aria.
  • Or, maybe even the Linea T-Jet? Mind-blowing petrol engine and segment-best handling, good clearance, though it doesn't have an SUV body shell.

I can't comment on the CR-V or options in those segments, I've never researched them
Old 8th October 2013, 08:43   #4643
BHPian

Quote:

Michelin primacy
Yokohama Db.
Between the Primacy ST and ES501, I feel the Primacy is the better tyre, if you have the money to spend. Online reviews suggest that the ES501 has horrible grip on wet roads. dB series tyres are silent, and silent ones are not known for their grip.
ecosport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 09:11   #4644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
I was in HSR today, got the stock MRF's changed to Yoko ES501 from Tyre Empire.
How much did you pay for the tyre upgrade after MRF buyback ?
Old 8th October 2013, 11:24   #4645
BHPian

Need some info. Anyone who has taken delivery of Ecosport Titanium Option Pack version in say last couple of days, is there any change in specifications of the same?
To be specific are the reverse sensors there? As having decoded the VIN number from @Wildon in the detailed report it says " Less Reverse Proximity Sensor".
My EcoSport is 30 Sept 2013 make as per the VIN decode. I have checked the detailed VIN report of a Petrol 1.5 ltr T(O) and another Ecoboost T(O) all have the same remark " Less Reverse Proximity Sensor" Date of make of these two ES are 14 Aug and 23 Aug 13.

Last edited by techfreak : 8th October 2013 at 11:32. Reason: Added info.
Old 8th October 2013, 11:30   #4646
BHPian

Hi !

Just came back from a visit to Riddhi Ford. Booked my tit(o) tdci ecosport on 26th June. Was told last week that I can expect delivery latest 15th October. Now I am told that October wont be possible and they will try for November END "try" being the operative word.

The SA confessed that many people were getting deliveries without any waiting as they were "influential" and from his conversation it seemed that they were not following any list whatsoever. SA also says he has only delivered 30-40 cars in the last almost 4 months which is impossible to believe.

Seriously considering cancelling my booking and going for the Terrano.. your thoughts on this ?
Old 8th October 2013, 11:32   #4647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
If you really like the EcoSport and not in urgent need of a new car, I would urge you to stick to the booking. I feel the Ford is still a good VFM buy even after the price hike. The car is in demand, so its natural that the price will go up unless there are other comparable options in the market. And I see it going up again.

However, considering your requirements, between the EcoSport, Aria and CR-V, I would take the CR-V. I feel the new one is a terrific option for that money.
I was literally fed up with the way things are going. I booked on the first day of pre-booking (Officially) and in the booking form my serial number is 1. The promises of delivery started in the last week of june and slowly shifted to end of july, First week of Aug, mid of August, Last week of August, First week of Sep, mid of Sep and finally last week of Sep. Now they are saying that they can't give a concrete date. It is as early as possible. How can I bear this? CRV, I don't get blue-tooth, the music system is way down grade than what is there in EcoSport and is a 5 seater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
  • If you like the EcoSport, I'd recommend waiting for it, its worth it.
  • Since you're not limited to petrols, then why not reconsider the Duster, especially since it has two diesel options with their respective strengths? The fit and finish of the EcoSport and Duster will both be better and car-like compared to the Aria.
  • Or, maybe even the Linea T-Jet? Mind-blowing petrol engine and segment-best handling, good clearance, though it doesn't have an SUV body shell.
As I mentioned in my original post, for Duster the rear seat is little bit cramped for my height. The interior quality is not up to the mark.
I don't want a Sedan for long drives now, everytime when I drive to Bangalore, I scrape my cars underbody at least couple of times in the speed breakers

I can't comment on the CR-V or options in those segments, I've never researched them
Old 8th October 2013, 11:34   #4648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hello All

I got my Ecosport (White Trend) this Sunday.
Somethings which were bizarre for me :
2. The boot lid opens ONLY through the electromagnetic button, at the back light. There is no way to open the boot remotely sitting inside the car.
Will post pictures and in-depth reviews in coming few days.
I dont know how the key fob looks for trend but if its anything like it is for titanium, 3 buttons - lock, unlock and unmarked button at the very bottom, the unmarked button will open the boot if the car is unlocked. Wonder why ford didnt mark it clearly as a boot release button.
Old 8th October 2013, 11:39   #4649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Need some info. Anyone who has taken delivery of Ecosport Titanium Option Pack version in say last couple of days, is there any change in specifications of the same?
To be specific are the reverse sensors there? As having decoded the VIN number from @Wildon in the detailed report it says " Less Reverse Proximity Sensor".
My EcoSport is 30 Sept 2013 make as per the VIN decode. I have checked the detailed VIN report of a Petrol 1.5 ltr T(O) and another Ecoboost T(O) all have the same remark " Less Reverse Proximity Sensor" Date of make of these two ES are 14 Aug and 23 Aug 13.
I'm assuming this is your VIN MAJAXXMRKADC65539 from Wildon's thread.

I've got an EcoBoost Titanium (O) built and delivered in August, and I have the same wording in my PDF report, but have the parking sensors, beepers and display all present and functional.

Here's my PDF for your reference (and reassurance!): http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post3256526

Last edited by arunphilip : 8th October 2013 at 11:40.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 11:49   #4650
BHPian

Does anybody know from where a new flipkey can be ordered ? Ford provides only one.

Most Viewed