Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2013, 23:37   #4681
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post

We're a family of three, with just me and my parents. The car will be driven by my dad for the most part. So,the only spirited driving will come when I take it to office at times!

Both me and my dad are convinced that Ecosport is the better choice and the price is a major factor. Still, having booked in July and still no delivery date in sight, we're forced to look out for other options! So, if Renault does give some nice offers, we might just shift to the Duster.
+1 to this thought, had almost threatened the dealer to cancel the booking after nearly 3 month waiting period without any indication on delivery. Got the indicative allocation call the next day.
Update on my copy...The Eagle has landed!! Will most likely reach home tomorrow. Excited!!
Old 8th October 2013, 23:38   #4682
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post

But as far as your query is concerned I don't think that it is possible to let the music play and stop the engine though, I am not sure.
In an ES AT model there is no Push button start so it is key less(Remote unlock) Entry with normal key in-crank and and start. So just keep the key turned in to ACC mode and all your accessories including audio will keep running.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 23:55   #4683
Senior - BHPian

Found this on ebay, will be useful for people who are concerned about scratching their keyless systems
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20131008234039.png  

Old 9th October 2013, 00:09   #4684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Found this on ebay, will be useful for people who are concerned about scratching their keyless systems
Yes these seems to be good. In fact I have ordered 2 of these. The dealer is from Kasargod, Kerala and is super quick in despatching. Ordered in the afternoon and it was despatched in the same day evening.

There is in fact plethora of these ES stuff already available on net on various sites. Seems EcoSport down the line is going to become one favourite vehicle to mod and being an model same all over the world also helps i think.
Old 9th October 2013, 00:21   #4685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Yes these seems to be good. In fact I have ordered 2 of these. The dealer is from Kasargod, Kerala and is super quick in despatching. Ordered in the afternoon and it was despatched in the same day evening.

There is in fact plethora of these ES stuff already available on net on various sites. Seems EcoSport down the line is going to become one favourite vehicle to mod and being an model same all over the world also helps i think.
Did u order from the same vendor, I did not like the logo's colour .Do we have one with a cut open window where the original logo is seen?

Last edited by ecosport rules : 9th October 2013 at 00:23.
Old 9th October 2013, 00:21   #4686
BHPian

Quote:
The front and rear appliques add and complete the butch look of the car.

Both yokos and michelins are good in my opinion, its a matter of personal choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Firstly, +1 to everything ecosport rules said.

Skid plates are aesthetic, not functional (i.e. they're not metal and don't offer any added protection).

Thanks for all your help guys. Have decided to go with the following for now

1. Michelin Primary same as the stock size. Any Idea where to get the tyres changed in Mumbai. Saifee Tyres and Bombay Tyres are close by. Any experience with either of these dealers.
2. 3D Kagu mats
3. 3D trunk mat
4. Mud Flaps

Managed to get Zero Dep insurance from HDFC ERGO for Rs 25K well below what the dealer was charging.

Last edited by wysiwyg25 : 9th October 2013 at 00:26.
Old 9th October 2013, 00:37   #4687
BHPian

Quote:
Did u order from the same vendor, I did not like the logo's colour .Do we have one with a cut open window where the original logo is seen?
Yes I have ordered from the same vendor. In fact there is mention about him in this thread only sometime back.

Yes it has a opening at the original logo location I guess. Yet to receive mine, had seen a piece with someone about a month ago, don't remember exactly. He also had it from him only, then price was higher, Rs 500/- a piece.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 00:41   #4688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Yes I have ordered from the same vendor. In fact there is mention about him in this thread only sometime back.

Yes it has a opening at the original logo location I guess. Yet to receive mine, had seen a piece with someone about a month ago, don't remember exactly. He also had it from him only, then price was higher, Rs 500/- a piece.
Thank you , please post the picture in different angles once you receive your package.
How is the quality of the product? Does it feel premium?
Old 9th October 2013, 07:10   #4689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Have decided to go with the following for now
1. Michelin Primary same as the stock size. Any Idea where to get the tyres changed in Mumbai. Saifee Tyres and Bombay Tyres are close by. Any experience with either of these dealers.
2. 3D Kagu mats
3. 3D trunk mat
4. Mud Flaps
Nice - that's a practical & essential set of changes to start with. You can always bling your car up going forwards.

Regarding the tires, look at this post from a fellow Mumbaikar about changing to the Michelin Primacy 3 ST tires at Saifee, for an indication of cost of the new tires and buyback of the old ones:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
My ecoboost Titanium (O) came with MRFs. ...i went in for primacy 3ST. Saifee tyres at Santacruz mumbai (again recommended by GTO) was generous to trade in my MRFs for Rs 4800 apiece. 3ST costed me 5050 apiece after trade-in (9850-4800). The very first ride after the tyre change made me realize what i was missing. Though its been only few kms, i can say with confidence that 3 ST is a good choice.
You can read through the entire thread to see the various prices people have paid for different tires, and where they got it from.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 08:22   #4690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had ordered the same one pictured here back in August, and it cost me Rs. 500 :-(

The Ford logo on the back looks slightly tacky, but I'm fine with it because:
  • It keeps the original glossy logo safe from scratches
  • A cutout for the logo will be a second place to introduce dust and lint onto the key (the first being the opening at the narrow end where we insert the key into the cover).
  • The key never leaves my pocket, so I don't see the odd logo
Old 9th October 2013, 08:49   #4691
BHPian

Quote:
Costs $5 on aliexpress. 65*5=Rs325/- but yes takes 30 days to ship.

Anyone looking for accessories should check aliexpress. much better deals there and you end up saving a lot of money.
niks_devil666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 09:05   #4692
BHPian

Got the vehicle back after the 10000 km service
The bill came to Rs 2382/-
(the cost of engine oil,oil filter,wash fluid and wheel alignment)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf serv.pdf (264.8 KB, 1624 views)
jojoinassi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 09:18   #4693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
I think there is a way to play the music without starting the engine. You have to press the start/stop button without depressing the clutch; at least this is what I have seen in Grand i10. OTOH I am curious to know, how to do this in an AT, where the clutch is absent?
Well, the Ecosport AT in India does not have the start stop button. For AT vehicles, usually the brake pedal is required to be depressed while starting the vehicle using start-stop.
risga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 09:22   #4694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
Got the vehicle back after the 10000 km service
The bill came to Rs 2382/-
(the cost of engine oil,oil filter,wash fluid and wheel alignment)
Very useful, thank you for sharing. I have a couple of questions:
  • Did you have an option to skip the washer fluid and wheel alignment?
  • Also, for the WA, did you get a report? If so, could you please post it here, it'll be a useful reference to have the recommended values.
  • Ford recommends Castrol, is that the engine oil that was used?
  • What was the Rs. 100 for consumables - I hope they didn't charge you that much for the water in the washer!

Does the car feel different after the oil change? And has your idling rpm changed?
Old 9th October 2013, 09:33   #4695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

Regarding the tires, look at this post from a fellow Mumbaikar about changing to the Michelin Primacy 3 ST tires at Saifee, for an indication of cost of the new tires and buyback of the old ones:
Is the Primacy 3 the only option in Michelin or are there some other Michelin Variants that are better than the primacy.

Most Viewed