Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2013, 10:54   #4726
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
I find that there is a note mentioned as "Less Reverse Proximity Sensor", does this mean the rear parking sensor? Why is it mentioned as "Less", isn't this a feature in the Titanium version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Dont worry you will get that feature, it is just written less in some cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I've got an EcoBoost Titanium (O) built and delivered in August, and I have the same wording in my PDF report, but have the parking sensors, beepers and display all present and functional.
+1 to what ecosport rules said: Another member had the same query about his Titanium (O), I confirmed that the PDF for my Titanium (O) also had the same wording, but the sensors all worked as advertised. I would expect the same for the Titanium version.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 11:25   #4727
BHPian

Update on delivery status:

I called Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar today and still, the delivery date as per them would be around the first week of February 2014 (booked: 7 July 2013). No matter how much I shout at them over the phone, they just say that it's due to the shortage of supplies.

I called up Ford's customer care and registered a complaint, they said they'll call back tomorrow, but I have no such hopes as last time, they asked for my contact details on Twitter, but I never got a call from them.

People are reporting that even the e-mails to Ford MD aren't of any use. Very, very disappointed with the way things are shaping up.
Old 10th October 2013, 11:31   #4728
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea on the Ecosport wiper size? Planning to get Numak wipers.
Old 10th October 2013, 11:52   #4729
BHPian

Moderator note: Back to back posts. Please use Multi Quote (Quote+) instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hello to All
Here are the pictures of my Ecosport for which I took the delivery on Sunday.
More reviews soon.
Seems to be RIDDHI Ford... when did you book your car ??

I have booked mine on June 26th and still awaiting delivery. Was told they will TRY in November end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hi Gautam, Did you talk to Ahuja at Riddhi ford. He is the senior sales manager at Riddhi. I blasted him once on phone and finally I got my trend.
Talk to Ahuja and let me know. In case you need Ahuja's number, please PM me and I will reply back with it.
Thanks for the help. I Spoke to Ahuja and he told me he was totally helpless as he has no cars to offer. Apparently they get 15-20 each month (including all engines and variants) and that I would get mine by end of November.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th October 2013 at 12:16.
Old 10th October 2013, 11:52   #4730
BHPian

Finally after a very long wait (never waited for a car so long) I got my hands on My Kinetic Blue Ford Ecosport Tit(O) TDCi on September 30. The joy of owning one of these rare and exclusive species (at least for the time being) is immense. People almost give you a sort of celebrity status when you drive around in one. But alas it will be short lived as I see more and more of them on the road with every passing day. Eventually it will disappear into crowd, but till then lets enjoy these little moments.... Will be posting a more detailed review once I spend some quality time. For now I am just loving it
Old 10th October 2013, 13:41   #4731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnair View Post
Finally after a very long wait (never waited for a car so long) I got my hands on My Kinetic Blue Ford Ecosport Tit(O) TDCi on September 30. The joy of owning one of these rare and exclusive species (at least for the time being) is immense. People almost give you a sort of celebrity status when you drive around in one. But alas it will be short lived as I see more and more of them on the road with every passing day. Eventually it will disappear into crowd, but till then lets enjoy these little moments.... Will be posting a more detailed review once I spend some quality time. For now I am just loving it
Congrats on the new "special" car
When did you book your car? I have booked the same spec car on June 14th and the promised delivery is next week

Last edited by anumod : 10th October 2013 at 13:42. Reason: Missed to add one portion
Old 10th October 2013, 16:54   #4732
BANNED

Yes, Now its here!!
Took the delivery of the Silver Tit(O) EcoBoost yesterday. Some interesting points
-It is the first Petrol powered EcoSport(Thus,also the first EcoBoost) in the City. Hundreds of Diesel ones and only one Petrol in the city.
-Manufactured on 24.09.2013
-Luckily, runs on Stock GoodYears
-Got it after waiting for about 3 months after the booking(and 6 months after experiencing it for the first time at the mall)
-The dealer didn't push any extras or insurance etc. But decided to go for the one they provided since I had an NCB and the difference wasn't much after it.
-Only accessory bought is the Spare wheel cover
-In a series of firsts for my family, the first time we bought the Top Most variant of a Car.
and most importantly....
The Family Loves It!!!
Attached Images

agambhandari is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 17:19   #4733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Yes, Now its here!!
Took the delivery of the Silver Tit(O) EcoBoost yesterday.
and most importantly....
The Family Loves It!!!
Congrats buddy !! Do keep us posted about your further experiences as well and most importantly with added clicks.!!

Happy Driving !!
Old 10th October 2013, 17:27   #4734
BHPian

A Big Helloo to the entire Team-Bhp Community!!

After years of sneaking around the forum, finally decided to take the plunge and i must thank the mods for finally accepting my membership. I seriously felt like i cracked CAT :-). Kudos to the mods for maintaining such high standards.

Since this is my first ever post wanted to start off with a good news from my side. After months of frustrating wait and numerous phone calls and mails, finally took delivery of my Ford Ecosport Tit Opt. in P.Black . Had booked it on 28th of June from Chennai Ford.

A big big thanks to team-bhp for helping me in every possible way right from the Launch of Ecosport, till the date of delivery.

Right now I feel on top of the world. And want to say just one thing to everyone waiting for the delivery or contemplating cancelling there bookings.. JUST HANG ON GUYS!! This vehicle is totally worth it.

My Black Beauty's pics coming soon!!

Cheers!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by nash13 : 10th October 2013 at 17:49.
nash13 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 17:30   #4735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post

finally took delivery of my Ford Ecosport Tit Opt. in P.Black . Had booked it on 28th of June from Chennai Ford.

Cheers!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Yes, Now its here!!
Took the delivery of the Silver Tit(O) EcoBoost yesterday.
and most importantly....
The Family Loves It!!!
Congrats to both of you buddies.
Do put up Ownership reports with lots of PICS.

I got to wait till month end to get my copy.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 10th October 2013 at 20:28. Reason: deleted as requested
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 18:33   #4736
BHPian

Quote:
She definitely is a black beauty. I think the black looks amazing.Looks like a panther. No offence to any other colour. Just my opinion.
Anyways congrats buddy and all the best. Drive safe

Last edited by benbsb29 : 10th October 2013 at 20:50. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
bigben is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 19:45   #4737
BHPian

Thanks techfreak & Bigben.

I'm finding it difficult to drive below 2K RPM on highways cos of the smoothness of the engine. Do we really need to be under 2k rpm during the Run in period??
Old 10th October 2013, 20:10   #4738
BHPian

Quote:

I'm finding it difficult to drive below 2K RPM on highways cos of the smoothness of the engine. Do we really need to be under 2k rpm during the Run in period??
Below 2k rpm? I never followed it. But yes I never stressed the engine above 3k . but 2-2.5k rpm was hit on a regular basis.
niks_devil666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 20:36   #4739
BHPian

Quote:

I am not sure about 2K rpm. But just ensure you don’t rev the engine too much or go full. You will be tempted to floor the throttle because of the smooth engine, but refrain from doing so.
Cheers buddy. Anxiously awaiting the snaps of your panther!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 10th October 2013 at 20:49. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
bigben is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 21:54   #4740
BHPian

Quote:
Right now I feel on top of the world. And want to say just one thing to everyone waiting for the delivery or contemplating cancelling there bookings.. JUST HANG ON GUYS!! This vehicle is totally worth it.

Cheers!!!
That's awesome buddy !! Congrats on your Black Beauty. Semma Matter Ba..!!

Happy motoring ! All the very Best ! Awaiting for your Panther's updated Pics & review which gives ppl like me waiting in queue a Turbo !

BTW When did you book and who is your dealer?
pkk_84 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks