Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Yes, Now its here!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
finally took delivery of my Ford Ecosport Tit Opt. in P.Black
Congrats guys! Time for initial ownership reviews then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
BTW When did you book and who is your dealer?
I think he answered that one -
Quote:
... Had booked it on 28th of June from Chennai Ford ...
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 22:05   #4742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks techfreak & Bigben.

I'm finding it difficult to drive below 2K RPM on highways cos of the smoothness of the engine. Do we really need to be under 2k rpm during the Run in period??
Nash - you didn't mention if it was a petrol or diesel. But am assuming it's diesel. So then why would you want to rev it beyond 2k rpm? The engine simply doesn't go there unless you are downshifting to overtake or moving up the gears from standstill. After the 3rd gear on the open roads, it simply cruises without any drama under 2.5k rpm of sorts. Haven't noted the exact rpm but it's the most comfortable between 1.4k and 2.5k is what I've noted. Of course you can make it go there if you want to but j don't think it's needed on highways where you typically have long open stretches to make up the speed.
P.s. - congrats on getting the car finally!! Happy motoring.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 10th October 2013 at 22:06.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 22:06   #4743
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks techfreak & Bigben.

I'm finding it difficult to drive below 2K RPM on highways cos of the smoothness of the engine. Do we really need to be under 2k rpm during the Run in period??
Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Below 2k rpm? I never followed it. But yes I never stressed the engine above 3k . but 2-2.5k rpm was hit on a regular basis.
Please have a look at the following guide on how to run-in your newly acquired possession:
http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/how-run-your-new-car

Wish you many happy miles.
Old 10th October 2013, 22:36   #4744
BANNED

Thanks for the best wishes Guys...Will surely try to put up a review, once I actually experience the car(You see I am in Delhi and the car is 300 Kms Away in Ludhiana :( )
A quick question, did anyone manage to find a PDF version of the manual? Would be useful for the overly excited ones like me!!
Old 10th October 2013, 22:58   #4745
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the best wishes Guys...Will surely try to put up a review, once I actually experience the car(You see I am in Delhi and the car is 300 Kms Away in Ludhiana :( )
A quick question, did anyone manage to find a PDF version of the manual? Would be useful for the overly excited ones like me!!
Link to quick start guide and manual available in this forum few pages back, but they are for Europe Spec model. Though most of the things are common.
Old 11th October 2013, 00:03   #4746
BHPian

What a great day to get my TeamBHP membership approved. After a month of follow up mails and calls, the blue beauty has finally arrived in the dealer's stockyard.
Will be going to the dealer tomorrow morning to get a PDI done for my Kinetic Blue Titanium Ecoboost. And if goes well, will start the formalities immediately after that.

Guys in bangalore, how many days did it take for you to get the registration done once the payment is clear? Just cant wait to take the car around the city and on the highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Hi All! Posting this query on behalf of a friend (who has his tbhp membership pending).
Thanks Pious for all the help till now.
JollyPope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 02:20   #4747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Nash - you didn't mention if it was a petrol or diesel. But am assuming it's diesel. So then why would you want to rev it beyond 2k rpm? The engine simply doesn't go there unless you are downshifting to overtake or moving up the gears from standstill. After the 3rd gear on the open roads, it simply cruises without any drama under 2.5k rpm of sorts. Haven't noted the exact rpm but it's the most comfortable between 1.4k and 2.5k is what I've noted. Of course you can make it go there if you want to but j don't think it's needed on highways where you typically have long open stretches to make up the speed.
P.s. - congrats on getting the car finally!! Happy motoring.
My Badd.. forgot to mention that . Yeah mine is Diesel Tit Opt . Actually what I was trying to say was on my Maiden voyage on my Black Beauty I religiously tried to be under the 2k rpm mark with a speed of around 100 kmph, but on a beautiful sunny day with a long open stretch of highway ahead of me I was tempted to test its limit, but didn't want to take any chances during the run in period. Like you said it just cruises along happily without any drama between 1.5k to 2.5k rpm.

On my first 200 km journey with 4 adults, 3 kids and a bootful of luggage the MID was showing an avg of 14.5 kmpl with the AC on 100%. And then I reset the MID and on my return journey with only 2 adults I got an avg of 18.8 kmpl with the AC on about 80% of the time. Dont know how far we can trust the MID particularly on a new vehicle. Will be doing the Tankfull to Tankfull method next time to arrive at the actual Mileage.

I was wondering do we need to change the engine oil during the first service??
Old 11th October 2013, 03:12   #4748
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Finally got my hands on the engine cover/insulator for which I have been waiting since a very long time.

Some noteworthy points.
1.the airconditioning pipe goes above the cover (goes below in the fiesta.)
2.Its technically called an insulator as it reduces engine noise.
3.we were all wondering why the company did not offer this with top end models, its actually prohibitively expensive.
4.part is made in germany.
5.its now easier to maintain and clean under the hood. for the price.
6.its a perfect fit, no modifications required.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131011wa0001.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131011wa0002.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131011wa0005.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131011wa0006.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131011wa0003.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 11th October 2013 at 03:14.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 03:30   #4749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hi guys,

Finally got my hands on the engine cover/insulator for which I have been waiting since a very long time.

Some noteworthy points.
1.the airconditioning pipe goes above the cover (goes below in the fiesta.)
2.Its technically called an insulator as it reduces engine noise.
3.we were all wondering why the company did not offer this with top end models, its actually prohibitively expensive.
4.part is made in germany.
5.its now easier to maintain and clean under the hood. for the price.
6.its a perfect fit, no modifications required.
ecosport rules, this cover should have been provided by Ford as Standard equipment. The engine bay really looks incomplete without it.

Would appreciate if you could please share details on how you ordered it and also how expensive of a prohibition are we talking about?
Old 11th October 2013, 07:14   #4750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You have the aptly named ecosport to thank for the PDF manuals of the UK EcoSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Will be going to the dealer tomorrow morning to get a PDI done for my Kinetic Blue Titanium Ecoboost. And if goes well, will start the formalities immediately after that.

Guys in bangalore, how many days did it take for you to get the registration done once the payment is clear? Just cant wait to take the car around the city and on the highway.
Congratulations from a fellow owner of the EcoBoost in Kinetic Blue :-)

In my case, I gave the cheque on 23-Aug, it was cleared on 24-Aug (Sat) and registration on 26-Aug (Mon), when I received a road tax receipt. I got my RC card about 2 weeks later.

BTW, which dealer? All the best for your PDI.
Old 11th October 2013, 08:47   #4751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

Congratulations from a fellow owner of the EcoBoost in Kinetic Blue :-)

In my case, I gave the cheque on 23-Aug, it was cleared on 24-Aug (Sat) and registration on 26-Aug (Mon), when I received a road tax receipt. I got my RC card about 2 weeks later.

BTW, which dealer? All the best for your PDI.

Thanks Arun. Same dealer as yours. Lathangi. Did you visit their stockyard before taking delivery? Any dealer specific tips for me?
Old 11th October 2013, 09:25   #4752
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Let us know if notice any difference in noise as you have been driving it for sometime now.
Agree with the other post, should have been a standard fitment.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 10:44   #4753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Thanks Arun. Same dealer as yours. Lathangi. Did you visit their stockyard before taking delivery? Any dealer specific tips for me?
No, I viewed the car at the showroom itself. I found my experience at Lathangi quite straightforward. My only observation was that the SAs were not very knowledgeable, but that wasn't a problem for me.

Mr. Divya is the TL of the SAs, he's helpful and smart, so if you need anything, meet him.

If you're getting any accessories, recheck the pricing breakup, because they'll give you an invoice for only the total. If they say any accessories are not in stock, ensure you're not billed for it, even if they promise that they'll fit it once it arrives. Since they don't get your money, it'll ensure that they actually call you back once it arrives.
Old 11th October 2013, 10:54   #4754
BHPian

Quote:

They also have an option of 17inch wheels.

Differences from Indian version.tit opt
1.ebd
2.coloured mid
3.tire pressure management system
4.cruise control.
5.knee airbag.
6.torino premium leather.
7.sync has phone app feature.
8.electric day night irvm.
9.availibility of yellow colour
10.gear shift advisor for optimum mileage.
11.rain sensing vipers
12.auto headlamps
13.height adjustable seat belts.
You've missed DRL on the list.
Old 11th October 2013, 12:54   #4755
BHPian

And finally, got it confirmed. Yes!!! my baby is on its way and will be with me by monthend. Have been doing some brisk window shopping trying to take quotes for the accessories I want to put on my ES. Hope this helps you.

[b]Floor Mats:[/d

Have two options
1) Noodle Mats
Checked out the 3M Normad noodle mats at the nearby 3M showroom and was told that it would cost ~Rs.6000. Did some surfing and decided to go with the normal noodle mats available in market. Well, after checking the quality, the 3M nomad mats in no way justifies the price. Its just that they are marketing it in a big way by using some technical jargons. The noodle mats in Chennai is largely available near GP road in rolls.
There are 2 brands usually sold Softturf (Rs.60 per Sqft) and Durosoft (Economy-Rs.60 & Premium-Rs.100 per sqft). The colours available are grey, black, beige and maroon.

These mats are durable and can be cut and fit very easily. It can be done ourself. For details CLICK HERE

They also help in filtering the road noise to a good extent.

2) 3D mats

There are two brands Kogu which cost around Rs.6.5K and Star mats costing around Rs.2.4K to 3.2K. For details on star mats CLICK HERE

For details on 3D Kagu mats CLICK HERE

For user review on use of star mats on ecosport CLICK HERE

I am not planning to take the fabric mats provided by Ford. The can start to stink and look really dirty.

Seat Covers:

Searched through GP road, Chennai and found out that the best options would be Autofoam and Dolphin. While the later is cheaper at around Rs.5500 - 6500 the former is a little more expensive at around Rs.6500 - Rs. 8000. You can check, Chandru auto stores and shops around it. After checking the quality, I can assure that the seat covers are far better than the ones available at Ford dealers as accessories.

To have the seat covers similar to the original leather ones in the Titanium Optional model, Dolphin has them at Rs.7000. Found this in this page. Checked with Chandru Auto stores and they have confirmed that they can source them for me. It costs Rs. 7000.

Rear Parking Sensors:

There are tons of options available with camera starting from Rs.3200. The ones with the sensors alone start from Rs.1000. Its just that one needs to decide whether to pay Rs.3500 to the dealer to get the sensors with audio feedback or to go for the aftermarket ones. The only issue is the warranty which will be void if we fit it after market.

Will try to put more information on the other accessories too. Thanks to all members who have shared their pics to help us make our decisions.
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks