Old 3rd June 2013, 19:42   #466
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Ford Ecosport Pricing that I am hearing is :

Petrol 1.5MT (5.99 to 7.99)
Petrol 1.5AT (7.99) The titanium option takes it to 8.99
Petrol 1.0 Ecoboost (7.99)
Diesel 1.5MT (6.99 to 8.99)

I'd say spot on. Unconfirmed source though.
kvish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 19:55   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
But take that external spare away and it loses all its suv-ish credentials! It simply needs that spare to claim itself as an suv as opposed to a large hatch on stilts.
Except for the butch looks, the external spare does more harm than good. Whom we are trying to impress here ?

It will be a pain to remove and fix a large tail mounted spare. It negates the advantage of a compact city run about car by stretching the overall length. Will be tricky while reversing into small parking lots as mentioned by viddy in the review. Might turn into a rattle magnet with time due to the heavy tyre in the boot lid. And to top it off, will attract unwanted antisocial elements towards the exposed tyre (a beautiful alloy that it is). Is it really worth so much hassles for mere butch looks ? Not for me !

EDIT : @kvish that's really a mouth watering proposition you've got. Hope it turns out true. Will turn into the next big thing in auto industry if it is.

Last edited by drpudhi : 3rd June 2013 at 19:56.
Old 3rd June 2013, 20:10   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post

This is strange and confusing because there is no Titanium (O) variant available in case of 1.5L petrol engine. Titanium (O) is available only in case of Ecoboost and 1.5L Diesel. Moreover AT is available only with Titanium 1.5L petrol.

Now if you are talking about Titanium variant then it is impossible that Ford will offer 1.5 MT, 1.5 AT and Ecoboost all at the same price.

There is something wrong in the details you have received.
Old 3rd June 2013, 20:38   #469
BANNED

What I can say (at least from my pov), the Titanium EcoBoost should cost near about 8 lakhs ex showroom and 40-70k premium for the optional features.
Anything more and it still would be a difficult sell in the market.
Old 3rd June 2013, 23:19   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

At these prices they will set some sort of sales record in this country !
If i worked for Renault India, id be very very worried.
Old 4th June 2013, 07:39   #471
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
At these prices they will set some sort of sales record in this country !
If i worked for Renault India, id be very very worried.
These prices look slightly improbable.
I guess all will be known in a short while! I just hope they dont overprice it on account of the interest that it is generating!
Old 4th June 2013, 08:08   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
These prices look slightly improbable.
I guess all will be known in a short while! I just hope they dont overprice it on account of the interest that it is generating!
I agree. Those prices look too good to be true. I'm pretty sure Ford is going to come up with an introductory pricing, is is the norm these days, and increase the prices by atleast 20% within 2 months.

Another interesting thought I read on another forum is that the Ecoboost is a fully imported engine and since India is the first tropical country it is being launched in, if there are problems they'll be difficult to fix fast. Are their mechs trained well enough? If parts are needed, they'll have to imported too?

By all accounts the Ecoboost and diesel are going to be priced close to each other. Who, other than the enthusiasts, are going to buy the Ecoboost in that case?

The 1.5 mill is the only one which has a clear purpose in this lineup - DSG Automatic.
Old 4th June 2013, 08:48   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post

By all accounts the Ecoboost and diesel are going to be priced close to each other. Who, other than the enthusiasts, are going to buy the Ecoboost in that case?

The 1.5 mill is the only one which has a clear purpose in this lineup - DSG Automatic.
I don't see this pricing happening. The ecoboost and the diesel are the only ones which will get the excise benefit. To get the benefit, you would have to satisfy both the sub 4 metre length and engine capacity. By that account, the gap between the 1.5 petrol and diesel should be narrowed. Funnily, that doesn't seem like the case. The ecoboost would be expensive since it is imported.

Further, the diesel engine is very straightforward and perhaps unexciting with only 8v and SOHC. It appears that only the diesel can be competitively priced and it doesn't look like it would be.
Old 4th June 2013, 08:52   #474
BHPian

For the kind of weight it is pulling, the 1.5L petrol engine is pretty underpowered, at least on paper. At about 113 Nm/ton it's pulling power is quite low, even worse than my current hatchback. I thought 1.5 petrol manual titanium variant would be a VFM proposition until I did this analysis.

I think the prices speculated on this page (few posts above) are too conservative. At that price it would literally fly off the shelves.
Old 4th June 2013, 08:53   #475
BHPian

Quote:

In punjabi, we say " apke muh mein ghee, shakar " Although these prices might be too good to be true but if this is what we are getting, then Almost every other car manufacturer is going to run for cover
This might turn up, as the perfect recipe for Ford's overnight success.

Last edited by blurust : 4th June 2013 at 08:56.
Old 4th June 2013, 09:01   #476
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post

In punjabi, we say " apke muh mein ghee, shakar " Although these prices might be too good to be true but if this is what we are getting, then Almost every other car manufacturer is going to run for cover
This might turn up, as the perfect recipe for Ford's overnight success.
Isn't that Hindi now?

Anyways, this I suppose would be spot on pricing for the whole package.
Old 4th June 2013, 09:56   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
For the kind of weight it is pulling, the 1.5L petrol engine is pretty underpowered, at least on paper. At about 113 Nm/ton it's pulling power is quite low, even worse than my current hatchback. I thought 1.5 petrol manual titanium variant would be a VFM proposition until I did this analysis.

I think the prices speculated on this page (few posts above) are too conservative. At that price it would literally fly off the shelves.
If you compare it with new Fiesta 1.5 manual, the weight difference less than 100 kg (about the weight of a passenger ?). Fiesta itself is no slouch and provides decent performance overall. I feel ES 1.5 wont be too conservative either.

And if the pricing as predicted above is true, then it will atleast be a better alternative to 1.2 litre petrol competitors
Old 4th June 2013, 09:59   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I would say your comment is based on current situation. Think of it, if Petrol prices become equal to Diesel overnight, then Ecoboost will be the best possible option in the line up thanks to its fuel economy
Old 4th June 2013, 10:30   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I would say your comment is based on current situation. Think of it, if Petrol prices become equal to Diesel overnight, then Ecoboost will be the best possible option in the line up thanks to its fuel economy
Well, the diesel has got excellent economy too, in this case, and we don't know about the service and parts costs of the Ecoboost yet. But, yes the Ecoboost, in that case, might still be better on account of being a petrol with probably better refinement.
Old 4th June 2013, 10:38   #480
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, the diesel has got excellent economy too, in this case, and we don't know about the service and parts costs of the Ecoboost yet. But, yes the Ecoboost, in that case, might still be better on account of being a petrol with probably better refinement.
I would expect the Ecoboost maintenance to be on the higher side. This is given the fact that its a fully imported engine. I dont know when will Ford actually start making/assembling it here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks