Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2013, 12:07   #4801
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Are the original seats similar to these. They seem to have no contours and lack the bucket feeling.
Take a look at the first page of the thread, the OE seats don't have enough side bolsters to give you that bucket like effect.

Check out these pics from a local fitter, the bucket feeling is completely non existent. Looks like a shoddy job!

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-577351_212049935638526_1927105404_n.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1375745_212050055638514_1076315010_n.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-555838_212050048971848_1984620683_n.jpg

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 14th October 2013 at 12:13.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 14:16   #4802
BHPian

Hello Friends..

I've been trying to find out the best possible way to run-in my Ecosport's Tdci engine but came across a very wide variety of methods of doing the same.. Even team-bhp has a dedicated thread on this topic but even there couldnt find a proper answer..for a Tdci diesel engine in partucular.. some say to drive at a wide range of RPM like from 2k to 4k rpm.. some say to maintain a steady rpm below 2k.. some say there's no need to run-in the vehicle as its already done in the factory and during testing.. and so on..

My ES has done around 750 kms till now but I'm still not sure whether i'm driving her the right way..

Pls help me guys. Any suggestion is more than welcome... Thanks...
Old 14th October 2013, 14:23   #4803
avm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Dealer says it is genuine leather.

Which dealer are you taking delivery from?
Getting my car from Metro Ford, Palace Grounds showroom.
Do let me know how your experience was with Saddles.
Old 14th October 2013, 15:16   #4804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
Hello Friends..

I've been trying to find out the best possible way to run-in my Ecosport's Tdci engine but came across a very wide variety of methods of doing the same.. Even team-bhp has a dedicated thread on this topic but even there couldnt find a proper answer..for a Tdci diesel engine in partucular.. some say to drive at a wide range of RPM like from 2k to 4k rpm.. some say to maintain a steady rpm below 2k.. some say there's no need to run-in the vehicle as its already done in the factory and during testing.. and so on..

My ES has done around 750 kms till now but I'm still not sure whether i'm driving her the right way..

Pls help me guys. Any suggestion is more than welcome... Thanks...
When in doubt, do exactly as what the manual says!! And am not kidding at all.

But if your driving style is already sedate and you live in a crowded city like mine, you don't have to do much. Since yours is a TDCi, the engine has enough torque in 2nd/3rd gears to potter around the town without much use of clutch/accelerator. Maybe drive it out on a long drive if possible a couple of times. Allows you to run your engine at higher temperatures for longer without messing it up.

Listening to advice is important if you are the aggressive/fidgety kinds who always wants to stay ahead in traffic by shifting a lot. You might have to hold your horses for a while.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 21:04   #4805
Distinguished - BHPian

Today I heard an interesting story.

Seeing the volume of bookings for the top 2 models, in due time, Ford plans to stick with only Titanium and Titanium+. Ecoboost only in petrol variants.

I fail to see any reason for taking such a step, afterall it was the 'attractive' pricing that brought people into the showrooms. But then the source seemed pretty confident.
Old 14th October 2013, 21:14   #4806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Ecoboost only in petrol variants.
Was there a plan for Ecoboost Diesel too??

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 14th October 2013 at 21:27.
Old 14th October 2013, 21:16   #4807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Was there a plan for Ecoboost Diesel too??
What I meant there was, the 1.5P petrol would be stopped. Only Ecoboost will be available for someone looking to buy a petrol one.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 21:17   #4808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post

When in doubt, do exactly as what the manual says!! And am not kidding at all.

But if your driving style is already sedate and you live in a crowded city like mine, you don't have to do much. Since yours is a TDCi, the engine has enough torque in 2nd/3rd gears to potter around the town without much use of clutch/accelerator. Maybe drive it out on a long drive if possible a couple of times. Allows you to run your engine at higher temperatures for longer without messing it up.

Listening to advice is important if you are the aggressive/fidgety kinds who always wants to stay ahead in traffic by shifting a lot. You might have to hold your horses for a while.
Thanks for ur reply nilesh.

I'm neither a sedate driver nor the more aggressive/fidgety kind, i'm somewhere in between :-) The problem is i drive 80% of the time on the highways so dont need to change gears too often. My SA advised me to be under 2k rpm and I read elsewhere to be under 2k rpm as well. Nothing much is written on the manual too.. anyways will try to follow ur advise henceforth. Thanks again.
nash13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 01:10   #4809
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Are the original seats similar to these. They seem to have no contours and lack the bucket feeling.
The Original Seats are indeed similar to these. Contours appear to be more it the top Titanium O leather seats but that is just appearance. The aftermarket seats shown would have had some amount of padding added and that would reduce the contour to some extent. But this is not too different from the original shape for one to complain. Infact the non contoured seats are better for larger sized persons like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestallion View Post
I have some Qs for folks who own and have driven the Ecosport for a while:
1. Noticed that the spare is mounted right at the centre of the rear door and not closer to the hinges unlike some other SUVs. Does this cause some misalignment problems due to higher torque on the hinges affecting door closing? Maybe I am asking this Q too early?
2. There some kerb weight difference between the diesel variants e.g., Ambiente is 1248 kgs while Trend is 1272 kgs and Titanium is 1290 kgs. Does this result in reduction in acceleration or mileage as we move towards higher variants? The 22.7 kmpl ARAI mileage is for which variant?
3. While test driving the car, I tried to move from 0 km/h in the second gear itself and the SA cautioned me not do so claiming its a turbo charged vehicle and this damages the engine in the long run. I am used to doing this on my Petrol Ritz for a long time. I wondered if there is any deterioration in engine performances observed with such driving styles. If it is true it will require me to unlearn and re learn...
4. Noticed that the car has severe blind spots...and many of them...at the A pillar...while reversing...perhaps the only sore point...do we get used to it soon or it remains a handicap...

Now it's a few months wait...
1) The rear door is well designed and it does not look like it will rattle.
2) The ARAI mileage should normally be for the top variant model in each engine and transmission. The minor weight difference will not impact the speeds or fuel efficiency enough to be noticed except for documentation purpose.
3) It indeed is not advisable to move from zero speed in second gear.
4) We get used to the A pillar width.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 01:13   #4810
BHPian

Did a PDI of vehicle on Friday and i must say it was love at first sight
The Kinetic Blue colour looks a lot better when u see it in flesh than in photos.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc01018.jpg
JollyPope is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 10:32   #4811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
Thanks for ur reply nilesh.

I'm neither a sedate driver nor the more aggressive/fidgety kind, i'm somewhere in between :-) The problem is i drive 80% of the time on the highways so dont need to change gears too often. My SA advised me to be under 2k rpm and I read elsewhere to be under 2k rpm as well. Nothing much is written on the manual too.. anyways will try to follow ur advise henceforth. Thanks again.
Nash - read the manual. It also says that you should rev the engine once a week to about 3k rpm in neutral.
Old 15th October 2013, 11:43   #4812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
The Kinetic Blue colour looks a lot better when u see it in flesh than in photos.
The bit I like about this colour is that it looks like a solid blue, but is actually metallic, and has an iridescent quality to it under sunlight.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 11:49   #4813
BHPian

I wanted to purchase the Rearview Camera with IRVM Display (which comes as a Ford Accessory) as part of the Individual pack but the dealer says it is being temporarily stopped due to some apparent calibration issues with the camera and will be available after rectifying the issue. I personally feel they are simply out of stock and want me to wait (and not fit the same at any other ford dealer).
Has any of the current ecosport owners faced any issues with the Rearview Camera with IRVM Display?

Also, while opting for the ABS engine guard, i was told that a metal engine guard comes as a standard equipment in all ecosports which are getting manufactured now. Can the ecosport owners who have taken delivery during the last few days kindly confirm ?
Old 15th October 2013, 11:58   #4814
BHPian

Hi all Titanium Option owners,

with each passing day, i see my leather seats getting rogered, be it stamping by my 2 year old, the soiled clothes of the guy who cleans my car or the direct sunlight/ heat..
Though i have seen some owners going in for seat covers, i am not sure whether i should venture into after-market seat covers territory because i dont want to bugger-up the airbag modules.

Any advice/ comments would be much appreciated.
Old 15th October 2013, 13:12   #4815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
Hi all Titanium Option owners,

with each passing day, i see my leather seats getting rogered, be it stamping by my 2 year old, the soiled clothes of the guy who cleans my car or the direct sunlight/ heat..
Though i have seen some owners going in for seat covers, i am not sure whether i should venture into after-market seat covers territory because i dont want to bugger-up the airbag modules.

Any advice/ comments would be much appreciated.
Ford already has come out with seat covers for Titanium (O) variants. Did you give them a look?
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks