Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2013, 13:15   #4816
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hi Gautam, Did you talk to Ahuja at Riddhi ford. He is the senior sales manager at Riddhi. I blasted him once on phone and finally I got my trend.
Even on the day I was taking my delivery, there were more than 3 Titanium versions ready for deliveries. Please talk to him and something should be clear.

Earlier, as I mentioned in this thread that I met people who payed 55K to 70K as the premium amount to get on-the-spot and out-of-turn deliveries.

I really feel Ford has completely lost it. They have no control on dealers whatsoever.

Talk to Ahuja and let me know. In case you need Ahuja's number, please PM me and I will reply back with it.
Guys, I'm in same boat and same booking date., here in Bangalore. SA told me that the price is hiked by around 40k and is also applicable to the older bookings. Is this true or are they just bluffing me?
Old 15th October 2013, 13:59   #4817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
SA told me that the price is hiked by around 40k and is also applicable to the older bookings. Is this true or are they just bluffing me?
Sad but true.
The price hike was effective from 5th September.
Old 15th October 2013, 14:11   #4818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Did a PDI of vehicle on Friday and i must say it was love at first sight
The Kinetic Blue colour looks a lot better when u see it in flesh than in photos.

Attachment 1152879
Congrats bro. I had booked the same color in June with Elite Ford and no visibility into the delivery. Almost getting bugged and looking at other options. Btw, can you tell me the revised ONP for Petrol Titanium, if that's what you got? Thanks.
Old 15th October 2013, 14:38   #4819
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats bro. I had booked the same color in June with Elite Ford and no visibility into the delivery. Almost getting bugged and looking at other options. Btw, can you tell me the revised ONP for Petrol Titanium, if that's what you got? Thanks.
Thanks Nitin. Hope you get an allotment soon.

Mine is an Ecoboost Titanium. Ex-showroom price after hike was INR 8,46,578. Price for same variant prior to hike was INR 8,04,034.

Last edited by JollyPope : 15th October 2013 at 14:58.
Old 15th October 2013, 15:21   #4820
BHPian

Quote:
What is ONP? In Chennai it can be OPP(On Pothole Price) and in Bengaluru it can be OSP(On Speedbreaker Price) (Of course On Road Price doesn't apply nowadays in any city coz there is no road !)
HighwayBuddha is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 15:55   #4821
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ES, ANHC, T-Fort) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite severe Moderator action on your account.

Last edited by GTO : 15th October 2013 at 16:21. Reason: Do NOT use acronyms when referring to cars.
Old 15th October 2013, 17:49   #4822
BHPian

Thanks for the info. I was not aware of this. Surprisingly, both prominent dealers in mumbai (Wasan and AVK) doesn't seem to have any info on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Ford already has come out with seat covers for Titanium (O) variants. Did you give them a look?
Old 15th October 2013, 22:35   #4823
BHPian

Took delivery of my EcoSport Automatic from Wasan Ford Mumbai this evening and immediately put it to use in South Mumbai's 7-9pm traffic. My initial observations:
1. Cabin is extremely silent, NVH levels are well controlled.
2. Stock ICE's sound quality is very good, AT version also has actual tweeters at front doors unlike manual version.
3. Vehicle had 74KM on Odo when i took the delivery. But then the dealer's stockyard is over 40 KM away (know it from personal experience, made visit for doing pre-registration inspection).
4. Vehicle came with Goodyears
5. Refused essential kit from the dealer, planning to buy Reverse Camera with IRVM from Ford and 3D Kagu mats from outside (South Mumbai dealer "Car Point" doesn't have these in stock). Got Zero Dep insurance from HDFC Ergo for 20.3K.
6. Engine felt slightly underpowered. While driving in D Mode, had tough time in keeping the rpms below 2500 levels. The vehicle refused to fill the open road space while starting in D mode from signals and I had to control myself time and again from applying pressure on throttle. Got honked couple of times too. Requesting other EcoSport AT owners to share their Run-In experience and whether they also experienced similar lack of power while starting in D Mode during initial period of their ownership. Planning to stick to D Mode during initial run-in, will try S mode after that.
7. Attaching few pics which i clicked while doing inspection in Dealer's stockyard. Will post delivery pics in ownership thread (to follow soon). Still to SYNC' those from Camera
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_2898.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_2896.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_2890.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_2902.jpg

Last edited by TSIched'Out : 15th October 2013 at 22:37. Reason: Edited Insurance cost
TSIched'Out is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 05:57   #4824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
What I meant there was, the 1.5P petrol would be stopped. Only Ecoboost will be available for someone looking to buy a petrol one.
So would the Automatic variant then come with Ecoboost engine unlike the current 1.5 Petrol?
Old 16th October 2013, 10:18   #4825
BHPian

Has any of the Ecosport owners fitted the Individual Pack (IRVM with camera, LED scuff plates and Rear Spolier) recently from any dealer in Bangalore?

Checked with Lathangi and Elite Ford and they do not have stock.
Also any aftermarket alternatives for the IRVM with camera and the LED scuff plates?
Old 16th October 2013, 11:58   #4826
avm
BHPian

Quote:
Has any of the Ecosport owners fitted the Individual Pack (IRVM with camera, LED scuff plates and Rear Spolier) recently from any dealer in Bangalore?

Checked with Lathangi and Elite Ford and they do not have stock.
Also any aftermarket alternatives for the IRVM with camera and the LED scuff plates?
Check online buddy. lots of options available and at a cheaper price.
Old 16th October 2013, 12:14   #4827
BHPian

As promised earlier, few pictures of the mudflaps purchased from ebay.in for a cost of Rs 450. Did not know how to use the injection type fasteners, used to fix the flap onto the car. Finally got help from a relative and realized it was so simple to fit.

The pictures shown on ebay.in looks non-OE design. But guess the product I got is similar in design to the OE and well worth the money spent. It has the angular design and not rounded. Original one costs around Rs 1300/-

Car without mudflap
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-10.jpg

Mud flaps from ebay.in
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-11.jpg

Car with mudflap
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-12.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-13.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-14.jpg  

raj84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 12:21   #4828
BHPian

Quote:
Check on ebay. There are a lot of ecosport related accessories available.

eg: LED scuff plates:
http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_trksi...at=0&_from=R40
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 12:49   #4829

Friends,

I have booked a Diesel Titanium and currently waiting like many others. I understand that Diesel variant doesn't include Tweeters. Are they available as official Ford accessory? If not, are there any aftermarket solutions available (which doesn't void the warranty)?

Thanks.
Old 16th October 2013, 13:11   #4830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmmer View Post
Friends,

I have booked a Diesel Titanium and currently waiting like many others. I understand that Diesel variant doesn't include Tweeters. Are they available as official Ford accessory? If not, are there any aftermarket solutions available (which doesn't void the warranty)?

Thanks.
Strangely, yes, only the Automatic 1.5 Petrol Titanium variant includes the tweeters.

Aftermarket solutions are plenty but if detected by Ford during a warranty claim, WILL probably void warranty on the audio & electricals.

It was mentioned that they are available in the official pack earlier:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3245473

but I am not sure since did not see any confirmation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks