Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2013, 21:07   #4876
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
Received this accessories list from Chennai Ford today.
The weirdest price list I have ever seen

Check out the individual prices and the combo prices. Why would someone buy the side running board alone for 25,650/- when you can get the Side Running Board & Door Weather Sheild for 22,500? Ditto for the rest of the items!
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-capture.png
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 21:23   #4877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post

Check out the individual prices and the combo prices. Why would someone buy the side running board alone for 25,650/- when you can get the Side Running Board & Door Weather Sheild for 22,500? Ditto for the rest of the items!
Even I was totally shocked with this ridiculous price list when i got one from chennai ford.. I think ford and its dealers have totally lost it with this kind of unprecedented success.. Really funny!!
Old 18th October 2013, 21:32   #4878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post

Attachment 1154268
I believe it is a sales tactic to sell the combo more than anything else .
Old 18th October 2013, 22:23   #4879
BHPian

Guys ,

The AC chilling is weird at times, firstly with the climate control ON , the cooling wont happen unless the set temperature is below 23 , its starts cooling below 23 , although it cools pretty quickly , i have never felt the set temperature has been achieved at any point in time, anyone observe the same behavior ?
Old 18th October 2013, 22:37   #4880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
The AC chilling is weird at times, firstly with the climate control ON , the cooling wont happen unless the set temperature is below 23 , its starts cooling below 23 , although it cools pretty quickly , i have never felt the set temperature has been achieved at any point in time, anyone observe the same behavior ?
I set my car at 22 with Climate Control ON all the time. The car cools quickly and keeps the interiors comfortable at all times. The interiors feel slightly colder than what I would have preferred, but have never felt too hot / too cold, so much so that I have never really felt the need to override the auto climate-control. I suggest you try climate-control set at 22, and see if that meets your needs.
Old 18th October 2013, 22:47   #4881
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure it has been discussed before;-

1. What about the handling charges being charged by the dealers? Is it a normal practice? Is it negotiable?

2. It it beneficial to go with the company insurance? Are there chances of bargaining here?

3. Is teflon coating advisable?
Old 18th October 2013, 22:59   #4882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
I am not sure it has been discussed before;-

1. What about the handling charges being charged by the dealers? Is it a normal practice? Is it negotiable?

2. It it beneficial to go with the company insurance? Are there chances of bargaining here?

3. Is teflon coating advisable?
1. It is a normal practice by all but certainly negotiable. However for Ecosport, the demand being high I have no idea if any of the dealers has given any discount on that to anyone. People who have taken deliveries can tell if they have managed to get it reduced.

2. No not much benefit. The dealers will claim that only their insurance will have cashless claims & quick settlements but its false. The dealers have tie ups with others too. If you have narrowed down your dealer then you can check which others offer cashless settlement with them. Also, others will give it to you cheaper. There are many on this thread who have managed upwards of 10k saving just by arranging their insurance themselves.
But even if you go for Insurance from the dealer there are chances of bargaining.

3. According to many here, its not much advisable in a country like ours with high temp & high levels of pollution & dust. I personally dont know. Had read a thread somewhere here mentioning it not suitable for climate like India.
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 23:01   #4883
BHPian

If I buy my Ecosport from dealer A, is it mandatory for me to get my free services also done with same dealer? Or can I go to another dealer for the services? Request views please.

Reason I ask - if indeed one can switch after the purchase, then there is a natural service center selection happening on this forum.. based on our collective "purchase experiences". E.g., Lathangi will be natural choice for servicing for all Bangalorites, etc. Just wondering !
Old 18th October 2013, 23:04   #4884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
If I buy my Ecosport from dealer A, is it mandatory for me to get my free services also done with same dealer? Or can I go to another dealer for the services? Request views please.

Reason I ask - if indeed one can switch after the purchase, then there is a natural service center selection happening on this forum.. based on our collective "purchase experiences". E.g., Lathangi will be natural choice for servicing for all Bangalorites, etc. Just wondering !
You can use any service stations throughout India for any of the services (even free service).
I dont have my car yet, but that is how it has been for all other manufacturers - Honda, Hyundai, Tata, Maruti that I know...
Old 18th October 2013, 23:11   #4885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
I set my car at 22 with Climate Control ON all the time. The car cools quickly and keeps the interiors comfortable at all times. The interiors feel slightly colder than what I would have preferred, but have never felt too hot / too cold, so much so that I have never really felt the need to override the auto climate-control. I suggest you try climate-control set at 22, and see if that meets your needs.
It definitely cools when i put it in 22 , but i never felt it that achieves 22 since 22 should be far more colder than what the interior temperatures are maintained at , also i don't observe substantial difference for anything below 22 as well be it 19 , 18. Not sure whether it is dues to something wrong with the AC .
Old 19th October 2013, 00:23   #4886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Maybe this will interest some so posting:

2. Projector headlamp assembly : Rs.26750/- (DIY installation else local mech charges extra)

http://www.autogully.in/modified-hea...67-45762832279

Dear all,

Beware, autogully person copied the picture of my friends car which I previously posted on page 12 of my thread.

Those pictures were taken by my camera and work for all 4 cars was done by Mr.Srinivas gopal of satya gopal auto.

Note my silver ecosport in the back ground and the black stone under the cars front left wheel(which was placed by me to check the headlight alignment)

And more over he also fabricated the autogally watermark and masked the number.

So guys just be careful with what you order at autogully or if any body has already ordered please give us the feedback to help fellow bhpians
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131003wa0002.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20131019002421.png  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 19th October 2013 at 00:37.
ecosport rules is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th October 2013, 09:16   #4887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Guys ,

Exactly!!! The a/c never works in any mode unless it's under 23! It just blows warmish air at 23 and above.
Old 19th October 2013, 10:06   #4888
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My brother in law bought an ecoboost petrol hoping that he will get a mileage of 14 to 15 against Ford's claimed 18 kmpl . However, his mileage has been hovering between 10 and 11.5 kmpl. His car has doen 2500 kilometers until now. This is based on what is showing up in the multi information display.

What mileage are other ecoboost petrol owners getting?
Old 19th October 2013, 10:15   #4889
BHPian

Got my silver titanium tdci delivered on 17th from metro ford. Had booked on 14th June. Brought insurance online for 23k against the dealers price of 38k.
I cross checked with the service centre to verify if I will face any issue for cashless claims with hdfc. They confirmed that there is cashless claim for hdfc as well.
Unlucky that my car came with MRF tyres. Will start a ownership thread soon.
For all those waiting for this car, please don't loose patience this car is worth every penny we pay.

Last edited by sunilg33 : 19th October 2013 at 10:24.
sunilg33 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2013, 11:00   #4890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
My brother in law bought an ecoboost petrol hoping that he will get a mileage of 14 to 15 against Ford's claimed 18 kmpl . However, his mileage has been hovering between 10 and 11.5 kmpl. His car has doen 2500 kilometers until now. This is based on what is showing up in the multi information display.

What mileage are other ecoboost petrol owners getting?
I too have booked an Ecoboost hoping to get an average mileage of atleast 13-14. A 10 to 11.5 kmpl mileage is indeed low compared to the 18kmpl being claimed. Add that to the price hike, withdrawal of a couple of features and surely the Ecoboost does not appear to be a Value For Money proposition. Ecoboost owners can update us on FE.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks