Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2013, 14:55   #4996
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post

The black "wig" does look cool. It makes the ecosport look a little EVOQUEish.

Just trying to visualize how it would look on a blue ecosport.
White would be a better contrast for Blue. 3M outlets do both these colours. I am contemplating white for mine, but have a roof rack and that raises a question on the colour and pattern aspect even further.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 15:05   #4997
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
White would be a better contrast for Blue. 3M outlets do both these colours. I am contemplating white for mine, but have a roof rack and that raises a question on the colour and pattern aspect even further.
IMHO, don’t bother with that. The Ecosport already have an identity, and why to spoil it and make the car looks like an Evoque or a Mini?
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 15:26   #4998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Thanks ACM.

I was going through your dealership experience thread. I too had a similar ordeal with the dealer which i will share in detail in my ownership report.

Quick question to you and all the ecosport owners who have fitted the ambient light accessory from ford.

The ambient light was fixed to the lower part of the dash (below the glovebox) with a double sided tape and the passenger side light fell off on the 2nd day.
Has anybody who had this issue got a permanent resolution for the same? A new double sided tape will only last for a week at max.

Last edited by JollyPope : 23rd October 2013 at 15:35.
Old 23rd October 2013, 15:38   #4999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Don't worry most of these errors are due to sensors going kaput. They should be able to diagnose the problem using the OBDs. Keep us updated.
The ford guys are not able to diagnose the problem even after 48 hours through there diagnostic system. They have restored the software and are telling that it might work as no error popped up during there trial runs. They have sent back the information to Chennai plant technical team but haven't heard from them in 24 hours, now m frustrated and taking delivery of the car today.
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:14   #5000
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Thanks ACM.

I was going through your dealership experience thread. I too had a similar ordeal with the dealer which i will share in detail in my ownership report.

Quick question to you and all the ecosport owners who have fitted the ambient light accessory from ford.

The ambient light was fixed to the lower part of the dash (below the glovebox) with a double sided tape and the passenger side light fell off on the 2nd day.
Has anybody who had this issue got a permanent resolution for the same? A new double sided tape will only last for a week at max.
The Driver Side seems to have a notch / clamp onto which it fits besides the double side take. It fell of on the passenger side once for me as well but then has remained for about 1.5 months post being refitted in a better manner, let us see if it remains. I think cold air from the AC into the foot well before the tape had a chance to stick well the first time (monsoons) cause it to fall. Else it can possibly stay for years as well.
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:51   #5001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfSith View Post
I am seeing this on my ecosport TDCI as soon when the engine cold starts. It appears for less than a second and vanishes.
I won't ignore this messgae even if it comes for a split second. Please have a look at the engine oil level (cold engine or parked for about an hour or so on flat surface) and get it topped up at Ford ASC if low. This is more likely to be the reason. How many km's the car has done and was oil at max level at the time of delivery (if you have checked)? If the oil is indeed low, you may want to check for any oil leakage under the car. Generally, new engines do consume some oil but not that much unless filled less at factory by mistake.

Else you may have an issue with oil pump, choked oil filter or the oil pressure sensor itself (less likely possiblities).
Old 23rd October 2013, 18:55   #5002
Distinguished - BHPian

Regardless of vehicle, oil pressure is not to be confused with oil level. They may go together, but need not. They should be checked independently.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 19:07   #5003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
I won't ignore this messgae even if it comes for a split second. Please have a look at the engine oil level (cold engine or parked for about an hour or so on flat surface) and get it topped up at Ford ASC if low.... Generally, new engines do consume some oil but not that much unless filled less at factory by mistake.

Else you may have an issue with oil pump, choked oil filter or the oil pressure sensor itself (less likely possiblities).
Hi
Given the fact this happens in cold start pressure build up will not be immediate,what the MID shows when the car runs for sometime and restart the engine, is more important, if nothing shows then one can ignore else may need a visit to the doc, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Regardless of vehicle, oil pressure is not to be confused with oil level. They may go together, but need not. They should be checked independently.
+1 to that since they are operating at different levels. pardon if my logic is bad.
Old 23rd October 2013, 19:20   #5004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

Buffers are flexible strips of rubber (or silicone, as it appears in ecosport rules' post) that are inserted into the coil spring in the suspension, to prevent the suspension bottoming out under load/compression.

Read this excellent thread by GTO: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uspension.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

As arunphilip said there is a detailed thread by GTO about this.

I have installed it at the bottom most part of the spring so that it will work only when the suspension bottoms out to make that ecosports classic thud.

Will post the pictures in my thread as per nilesh's suggestion.

Thank You Guys!
I really wanted to be update about these
Some how I'm not facing a similar problem, for the time being atleast !
Remembered it as I was facing it in my 2009 City!
Old 23rd October 2013, 19:32   #5005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Thank You Guys!
Ecosport's coil springs are pretty stiff, and does not easily bottom out unlike most Hondas and Hyundais. I fail to see the utility of coil spring adjusters here.
Old 23rd October 2013, 19:33   #5006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post

Thank You Guys!
Hi John,

Where has your ownership thread disappeared? Been looking for it for a while.
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 19:38   #5007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Hi John,

Where has your ownership thread disappeared? Been looking for it for a while.

Ya, I'm really sorry about that .
Have to really sit for the same !
Lazy me
And few Mods on the way and also my CA Final exams on the way, so waiting both of it to be completed
Will update you soon !

Last edited by johannskaria : 23rd October 2013 at 19:39.
Old 23rd October 2013, 21:38   #5008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Ecosport's coil springs are pretty stiff, and does not easily bottom out unlike most Hondas and Hyundais. I fail to see the utility of coil spring adjusters here.
I agree with you. That thud people talking about is definitely not because of coils getting compressed completely.
Old 24th October 2013, 00:09   #5009
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
IMHO, don’t bother with that. The Ecosport already have an identity, and why to spoil it and make the car looks like an Evoque or a Mini?
Thanks, My Take:

1) Am not planning for a Evoque or Mini look so am not looking at wrapping out the roof totally. Am looking at something different. But let me do it and then share.

2) I feel the EcoSport is headed the Swift way and will be seen in big numbers on the road. It will be the first vehicle that I have owned that sells in numbers greater than 750 per month on an average basis. I like my vehicle to be sort of distinct so this was a deviation for me - that is just me. The challenge is to do something that looks good and unique without being too loud. Yep internally the vehicle is already unique as it is a Blue Petrol AT which would make it a 1 in 500 choice but not visibly so. It is just about having your own individuality.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 00:17   #5010
BHPian

Guys, I'm finally getting the delivery of my Ecosport Titanium Diesel White tomorrow / day after from Mody ford (hyderabad) after a wait of 4 months! I've been following this thread closely for the last few weeks and appreciate all the time and effort you guys are putting in & helping out each other, its brilliant. I've asked for the following accessories from the showrom - seat covers, wheel cover, some pack (reverse camera+led scuff plate+ spoiler), front and rear bumper applique, initial accessories kit (mud flaps, mats and some other stuff). IS there anything else which is important to have that I'm missing out on? Also, 1. the pricing of accessories was lesser in june/july compared to today? And is this initial accessories kit compulsory? Mody ford says it is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks