Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2013, 12:52   #5056
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Please Keep Bull Bars Off The Roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post
Took my EcoSport to Ranikhet and Nainital last weekend. ... ... ... Attaching couple of pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Is that a titanium variant? I doubt the air bags will deploy with that bull bar at the front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Yep that bull bar will do more harm than good in the unforseen event of a front on collision. You are effectively negating the crumple zones of the car and transmitting all the energy on to the vehicle's chassis which is bad - real bad.
Bull bars kill. They turn a minor brush with a pedestrian into potentially serious and lethal injury. Please think again about this.

(but great pictures: must have been a wonderful drive )

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 25th October 2013 at 12:54.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 13:09   #5057
BHPian

Dear All,

Can these seat covers sold by ford be used on Titanium option which has curtain airbags?? I own a Titanium Option and am badly in need of seat covers which wont come in the way of airbag deployment.
Appreciate advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
since I m yet to take delivery of the car, I m just attaching the photo of the seat cover i took from the forum. This is the same seat cover that I have planned to take. This was earlier quoted at Rs.6500 now they have increased the prices in Chennai Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
I got these for my Mars Red Titanium. Will post pics of these installed in a while.
Took these from Ford itself. Rs. 8000 was the price but after lots of negotiation he gave it to me for 7000. (These set covers were for 7000 till August end. I wonder why the dealers have increased the price after Ford increased the price of the vehicle also!)

The fit is great and the feel is awesome. Although its vinyl leather, its quite comfortable and gives a fantastic look to my baby beast.
Old 25th October 2013, 14:29   #5058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Yep that bull bar will do more harm than good in the unforseen event of a front on collision. You are effectively negating the crumple zones of the car and transmitting all the energy on to the vehicle's chassis which is bad - real bad.
So very true!
There is a lots and lots of testing done on the crash aspect of a car, there are many people who earn their living by doing those crash analysis, to design the bumpers and other components, like yours truly. The crash regulations are very severe and we have to work really hard to make a product which is sufficiently stiff and strong as well as deformable enough to be avoid injuries to pedestrians and/or occupants.

Bumper absorbs the energy in case of a crash, this happens when it deforms (there is even an Absorbeur specifically designed for this aspect), whereas the Bull bars will certainly NOT DEFORM and will cause serious injuries to the pedestrians as well as to the occupants.

No offence to anyone, the Bull bars in that image are not only causing crash troubles but worsening the looks of the car IMHO. Take them down

Take a note of the advice, it's not for nothing.
Old 25th October 2013, 14:44   #5059
BHPian

For some of the owners who might not know, the horizontal bar in the parcel tray can be detached and removed if you need to make space for keeping luggage vertically.
ndinesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 14:54   #5060
BHPian

After 67 days of booking and waiting for the Ecosport ecoboost titanium this morning I have heard from Kairali ford Kochi that, my car will take another month. I was about to cancel the booking soon after I have heard of the price hike. But I have decided to stick on with it because they promised delivery in 60 days and the emotion version will have a 20K price cut once the start stop button is removed. Now they are not even sure whether my car can be delivered next month or not. So bye bye Ecosport anyway I was not very fascinated by it and I found a good 2009 Altis at a decent price. Hope I will have a trouble free ownership experience.
Old 25th October 2013, 17:03   #5061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
For some of the owners who might not know, the horizontal bar in the parcel tray can be detached and removed if you need to make space for keeping luggage vertically.
Just to add - This is done by holding both ends of the bar and pulling inwards. That releases the catch on both sides. To put it back in its the same procedure.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 19:50   #5062
BHPian

Finally got my allotment.. October made.. DK*****.. 1.5D Titanium Diamond White.. To be honest all excitement had died in the last 2 months what with continuous following up with Ford and the dealer.

However today when the SA called in the morning, I started jumping up and down and considering my weight, I think the floor had a crack..

Immediately bought online insurance from Royal Sundaram (comprehensive B2B nil dep) for Rs. 26854/-. My SA told me that it was not allowed but I started laughing and he also dropped the topic...

By the way dealer was Metro Ford, Bangalore.
Old 25th October 2013, 21:29   #5063
BHPian

I’m sorry that I have not been able to put up an ownership thread about my ES White Diesel which I bought on October 6, 2013. I have been keeping very very busy since then hence I’m tailoring my Ownership thread slowly and steadily to a format which should be readable to all.
But something which I could behold to myself is, that I got a whopping 18.23 mileage from the 1st Tank Full which I loaded on 6th October 2013.
I tanked it up with 41.8 litres of diesel with 766 kms done by the vehicle.
I drive daily from Faridabad to Noida and back which is about 60 kms. 50% of running on this is with AC ON. I’m exhilarated with the numbers as they are very near to what I used to get with my Swift. Soon will post my ownership thread.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 22:05   #5064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
After 67 days of booking and waiting for the Ecosport ecoboost titanium this morning I have heard from Kairali ford Kochi that, my car will take another month. I was about to cancel the booking soon after I have heard of the price hike. But I have decided to stick on with it because they promised delivery in 60 days and the emotion version will have a 20K price cut once the start stop button is removed. Now they are not even sure whether my car can be delivered next month or not. So bye bye Ecosport anyway I was not very fascinated by it and I found a good 2009 Altis at a decent price. Hope I will have a trouble free ownership experience.
I would say it is worth waiting for the car. Especially the EcoBoost. I have pre-booked on Jun 13th as the first booking from one of the dealer from Hyderabad, I got the allotment only last week.
Old 25th October 2013, 22:23   #5065
VBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
Finally got my allotment.. October made.. DK*****.. 1.5D Titanium Diamond White.. To be honest all excitement had died in the last 2 months what with continuous following up with Ford and the dealer.

However today when the SA called in the morning, I started jumping up and down and considering my weight, I think the floor had a crack..

Immediately bought online insurance from Royal Sundaram (comprehensive B2B nil dep) for Rs. 26854/-. My SA told me that it was not allowed but I started laughing and he also dropped the topic...

By the way dealer was Metro Ford, Bangalore.
Hi there,
I've booked the same car with metro ford, st.marks road. Could you please let me know when you had booked the car? I'll atleast get a fair idea as to how long I've got to wait as my SA refuses to give me an exact date. And by the way, congratulations on your car. I'm sure it's worth the wait.
Cheers!
VBR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 23:12   #5066

I am taking delivery of my Diesel Titanium on Sunday. Please can anyone share the experience with official Ford vinyl seat covers as shown below?

I like the appearance but not sure about the comfort. I live in hot Rajasthan and not sure whether they are suitable for dry and hot climate. Will they get too hot under the sun? Will my back be sweating during long drives?

Disclaimer: Image taken from this post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3274675
Old 25th October 2013, 23:16   #5067
BHPian

I am being quoted of 17k after 10% off on bumper to bumper no depreciation policy from HDFC ergo for my forthcoming Ecoboost Titanium (O) . Just want to know is this price ok? Invoice cost of car is 8.7 lakh?

Last edited by techfreak : 25th October 2013 at 23:18.
Old 25th October 2013, 23:28   #5068
Senior - BHPian

Had recently gone on a trip to Himachal with my TDCi Ecosport, 4 people + a dog and a boot full of luggage. The car behaved impeccably well on the twisties, the engine felt a tad underpowered with full load but am happy with the ride and handling. Am used to driving sedans and yes there is some body roll around corners but the owners should understand that this is a car with 200mm ground clearance with a short wheelbase and not overestimate the handling capabilities.

Going for the 2500 kms service on monday after which i will post my initial ownership thread. There is one rattle from the boot area already which i will get checked during the first service, would also get the oil changed.

Not happy with the quality of plastics, the silver panel on the rear left door squeaks every time its pressed, infact its loose on all the doors. Slight buzzing sound from front left door, the build quality inside is not upto the mark. In stark contrast, my Vento has done 15000 kms and there is not a single loose part or squeak inside, leave alone a rattle.

For the FE - it delivered 16 km/l while going on the 500 kms trip to himachal, during the return leg it delivered 18.5 km/l as the use of AC was less. In city the car is delivering a costant 15-16.5 km/l with AC set at 23.

Sad part - I was not in Delhi and my father got installed a stupid bull bar up front which looks hideous and ugly , this car is his daily drive and i dont interfere in his decisions but i will get the damn thing removed next month, in a car with airbags, its a strict no.

Uploading some pics

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_2921.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_2931.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_2969.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_3028.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_3041.jpg

Last edited by coolboy007 : 25th October 2013 at 23:56.
coolboy007 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 01:08   #5069
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
Sad part - I was not in Delhi and my father got installed a stupid bull bar up front which looks hideous and ugly , this car is his daily drive and i dont interfere in his decisions but i will get the damn thing removed next month, in a car with airbags, its a strict no.
On roads that one has to share with pedestrians and other animals it is a strict no-no too. Good for you for removing it.

My guess is that quite a few people will want to make their ecosport that extra bit macho as they see it.

Please, people, think twice and don't do that.
--- for your own safety: chassis/crumple zone action and air bag operation may be seriously affected

--- for the safety of others: You might as well put knives on the front of your car, bull bars make it much more lethal.
Cars are never going to be completely safe, but they are designed to minimise damage (as far as possible) to their occupants and to anyone who gets hit by them. Is it worth throwing that away for a more muscular look? Please, go for go-faster stripes: they don't kill people.

Sorry for repetition. This is one of my top-rant topics.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 01:11   #5070
BHPian

So, I finalyl picked up my car today from Mody Ford, Hyderabad. I had booked it exactly 4months back on June 26th, the day of launch. Here's my experience -

1. Booking - Since the official pricing was declared that day, there were too many people in the showroom and it was chaotic! It was more about paying the booking amount asap to get your car reserved since they already had loads of bookings already. I went ahead, paid the monies and got the car booked.

2. THE WAITING PERIOD - I'm just gonna copy the email I wrote to the folks at Ford & also the showroom owner on 11th of October -

Hey xyz -

I'm writing this long email just so you know how painful it can get when the folks interacting with a customer don't really know what customer service is. Please bear with me.

I had booked an Ecosport Titanium Diesel, color white, on the day the car was officially launched that is June 26th. My receipt number is xxxx & the booking number told to me is 2xx. I was promised the delivery by the sales executive, xxxxx, by August end & the same was conveyed to me by the other guys at the showroom. I did read about the component issue in diesel variant and was told that the delivery might get extended to mid september. I never bothered or tried reaching the guys at the showroom until then since I knew there was a delay.

Now, I'm almost nearing 4months since I've booked the car and I still have no clarity on the status. xxxxxx, obviously doesn't really know a lot about the status of the cars since his job is to sell and not to do client servicing I suppose. I've tried following up with him and I always get the same response that there are no cars. I also did come down to the showroom in august end and had spoken to a lady downstairs ( who I presume is a manager) and she had promised me the delivery by September 15th. This went by as well.

Later, I was put on to some other guy who is the manager of xxxxx I guess. It took me alteast 20 calls and sms's and a wait for 3-4 days to get through this guy. He seems to be super busy all the time and doesn't really care to respond. This guy couldn't help me at all and he then put me through his senior called yyyyy who again seems to be always on the phone or in meetings but can never respond to a call. I again tried reaching yyyyy for almost 3 days and of course didn't get any response. Suddenly, xxxxx calls me from yyyyy's phone to tell me that the color I've opted for isnt' available and the GM cannot speak to me since he is always busy. I guess yyyyy didn't have an answer.

I was then put to the AGM known as zzzzz who called me on Saturday, 11th of October, to tell me that the color I've opted for isn't allocated in this months lot. And I need to decide asap if I want to go ahead with sea grey color since thats my second option. I told him I need a couple of days to take a decision.

I went to the showroom yesterday, 14th october to actually see and understand what colors/models have been allocated for this month since I see white ecosports getting delivered every other day. I stay very close to the showroom. ZZZZ I guess is again busy & I had to deal with xxxxx, the allocation sheet wasn't shared with me inspite of me asking several times. I repeatedly asked to share the the allocation sheet as I need assurance. I was only being told " sir no white model, have to wait next month if you want white"

While I understand that your team must be having a tough time in managing the bookings/deliveries ratio and not much is in your hands, the way your staff and managers work is astonishing. I feel like these guys are doing me a BIG favor by getting me car for which I've to pay from my own pocket. There has been no proactive communication from the day I booked the car until today. Every single time I had to call up and ask for the status and was never given any status since noone seems to either have a clue or answer their phones. Even now, I tried reaching all the three guys to let them know about my final color choice, and noone answers.

I just thought you should know painful it is for a customer to deal with this kind of careless & super inefficient staff.

While my other friends have been able to get their cars delivered by september end through Vibrant ford and we had booked on the same date.

End of email

3. Action - Post the above email, I got frantic calls from everyone and they arranged and got a car for which I picked up today. From having no white cars at all, I got one in 10 days straight.

4. Accessories - Bargain as much as you can with the showroom guys, please call different showrooms in different cities to get an idea about the avg costing. Some of these showroom guys are fleecing us totally! I called two showrooms in hyd, one in blore and one chennai to get the avg costing. ANd realised that I was paying 8k extra for all the accessories I had picked. I had to argue and make sure I picked up more stuff for 8k from them to balance out they money I already gave them.
- Some pack - IVRM + led scuff plates + spare spoiler
- Spare wheel cover
- Seat covers
- Bumper Applique
- Cross bars

The car had already one 33 km when I was handed over, finished about 70 odd km so far. Tanked up the fuel when it was around 50km done. The drive has been awesome so far. The sync works like a breeze. I'm quite surprised that the speakers that come with the car are quite decent.

Couple of questions, do we get a remote with the car? I didn't get one. I felt the headlights weren't very effective. Did anyone else feel that too ?

Cheers
Aditya
karanskumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks