Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2013, 03:11   #5071
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanskumar View Post

Couple of questions, do we get a remote with the car? I didn't get one. I felt the headlights weren't very effective. Did anyone else feel that too ?

Cheers
Aditya
Firstly congratulations on your new addition.
We do get a remote with the car.if your car is titanium will get a flip key with a remote, if tit opt you will get keyless entry.

You are absolutely right about the brightness of head lamps. Please refer to my posts about 5 options for upgradation( 21st oct post no 4933)
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1147001d1380716436tmysilverfordecosporttitaniumotdcifirstdeliveredindiadsc000272.jpeg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 26th October 2013 at 03:27.
Old 26th October 2013, 06:30   #5072
Distinguished - BHPian

My car is currently at the service station as the engine malfunction light lit up again also for the second time. Since it was evening they advised me to leave the car so that they can check. They had no clue whatsoever and I have a feeling they wont be able to diagnose the problem. I also mentioned that many other cars have this problem.

Anyways, will update the thread when i take the car back today.
Old 26th October 2013, 07:47   #5073
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of questions, do we get a remote with the car? I didn't get one. I felt the headlights weren't very effective. Did anyone else feel that too ?

Cheers
Aditya
You are mentioning that you have booked a Titatinum variant , so you should get one ... I have driven only City driving and as we maximum use low beam in City driving , so I haven't felt any difficulty.
Old 26th October 2013, 07:58   #5074
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Aditya
I think you mean the remote for the audio system. No we don't get one. They expect us to use sync for that. However remote would have been very useful as people in the back cannot have their say on the song being played.
The headlight seems to be good for OEM standards but are definitely inadequate for highway. Planning to change the bulbs to Extreme vision this weekend.
Old 26th October 2013, 09:08   #5075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
[b]
Bull bars kill. They turn a minor brush with a pedestrian into potentially serious and lethal injury. Please think again about this.

(but great pictures: must have been a wonderful drive )

The idea of installing bull bars was not to make it look macho. I do feel myself that those bars spoilt the look. However, in the city that I live in, where scooters, motorcycles and cars understand to have owned all lanes on the road, I feel they protect my car.

In the 2 weeks that I have driven the car with the bars, I had one scooter bumping into the bull bar on the rear on a Red traffic light! I also had the front bull bar take the impact of a brush with side pavement while reversing.

On a bigger note, I will be removing the front bull bar once I am comfortable with the dimensions and ride of my new car. The rear bull guard, which also comes with its 'weird scorpio' and 'macho' looks will stay as it is. It lies inside the overall structure, with the rear mounted tyre taking the brunt from the rear. I think it has its utility in the land of 'landlords'.

And on a lighter note, the way I drive (I am a very careful and sedate driver), those bars are much more likely to save the car than hurting anyone. I do, however, appreciate what you said. I have myself been ranting about the bars which protrude much outside the manufactured body and the damage that these can do to both vehicles and homo sapiens.

The car, by the way, gave me economy of about 17.9kmpl for the entire trip, running 840 kms on a full tank. Also, the Osram Night Breakers are excellent to say the least. I drove around 200 kms in night on the kashipur moradabad road, spotting around 4 foxes. I am attaching a pic of the magnificent trishul!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-trishul.jpg  

Last edited by himanshuchadha : 26th October 2013 at 09:25. Reason: additional information
himanshuchadha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 11:08   #5076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfSith View Post
I am seeing this on my ecosport TDCI as soon when the engine cold starts. It appears for less than a second and vanishes.
Update: I took her to the ASS and showed them the pic and the video i had taken. They as usual had no clue. They plugged in the diagnostic tool and performed the routine check and saw no error codes. I asked them to log the problem in the service history which they did. They asked be to come back if i saw the problem again.

Then the very next morning it happened again. I gave them a call and told them that it happened again. As it usually only happens during the first start of the day i am assuming that the engine being cold fully has something to do with it. I will take her to them again and see if they and identify and reticify the problem.

Will keep you guys posted

P.S: Thanks to ecosport rules for reaching out to me and offering assistance
Old 26th October 2013, 11:40   #5077

Awful experience with Noida for or maybe just the one Joker called Anuj the AS whom I dealt with - I went to Noida Ford the last weekend to in company with a friend who wanted to TD the Ecosport.

I have already booked a Diesel Ambiente in Mid July with delivery expected early December. I have Mars Red with Sea Grey as the second choice.I spoke with the sales manager about changing my color choice and even before hearing me through he started about how Ford India had told them that ANY change in requirements for the Ecosport requires 'getting back in the line' and a wait of further 6 or more months.

This is my fourth car that I will buy in India for myself and family/others. I thought I had heard it all but this is something else. Anyway, cut him short midway through his nonsense and told him in shuddh haryanvi that I will got to consumer court/inspector and have his shop closed in no time or else at the minimum ensure that they pay a fine.

I was in a hurry, it was Sunday and the GM was not around so did not follow up. But what on earth are Ford and their dealers doing? The arrogance and customer treatment is the pits. No judgement on peoples choices but I am getting a little 'Ecosported out' and am seriously thinking about the Linea in oceanic blue, what with the one lakh discount, Fiat MJD technology, space, best in class handling, looks (subjective) et al.
Old 26th October 2013, 13:10   #5078
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post
And on a lighter note, the way I drive (I am a very careful and sedate driver), those bars are much more likely to save the car than hurting anyone. I do, however, appreciate what you said. I have myself been ranting about the bars which protrude much outside the manufactured body and the damage that these can do to both vehicles and homo sapiens.
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your driving style, but always remember one of my dad's sayings: 50% of all accidents are the other person's fault.

It was meant to remind me to always drive defensively, but we have to remember that even perfect driving cannot stop, eg, someone walking in directly front of us when stopping would be physically impossible. Too many accidents, especially with pedestrians, are like this. Yes, your car may get a bigger dent, but, without bull bars the stupid pedestrian would more-likely be a living stupid pedestrian, and that is worth the dent.

Just one more remark on this: the remarks on looking macho were not aimed at any poster on this thread! I love the Ecosport, even though macho looks is a minus point for me! Many will want and buy the car for its wonderful practicality and abilities --- but some will want to emphasise the macho look, and I want to stress that, simply for safety (aesthetics are down to the individual only) they should not consider bull bars.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 26th October 2013 at 13:15.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 14:16   #5079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
I am being quoted of 17k after 10% off on bumper to bumper no depreciation policy from HDFC ergo for my forthcoming Ecoboost Titanium (O) . Just want to know is this price ok? Invoice cost of car is 8.7 lakh?
This seems like a very good price.
Bumper to Bumper zero depreciation Insurance from HDFC ERGO for my Titanium Ecoboost cost me 19.8K. Exshowroom price for the vehicle was 8.46 Lakhs and IDV of 8.04 Lakhs.
How did you manage the 10% discount ?
JollyPope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 15:24   #5080
BHPian

Getting ready to take delivery of my Ecosport. It just a great feeling. I have started to do the write up for the user review. After a long time, I have charged my DSLR, cleared the pics in the card and made it ready for the shoot.

All excited. But a bit let down by the dealers attitude. It was only my SA who has called and updated that my car will be delivered today. Though she called me up and asked if someone from the dealer called me to confirm the delivery, no one else has called me from the dealership. May be I am expecting too much. I think I should be happy with the fact that I am atleast taking delivery today as compared to many who are painfully waiting. Guys, just hold on. Your day will certainly come.

Have a great day!!!
Old 26th October 2013, 15:32   #5081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
I think I should be happy with the fact that I am atleast taking delivery today as compared to many who are painfully waiting. Guys, just hold on. Your day will certainly come.

Have a great day!!!
Congrats! Be glad that atleast you are through with the constant waiting & following up & dealing with the useless Ford dealers
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 19:25   #5082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
I think you mean the remote for the audio system. No we don't get one. They expect us to use sync for that. However remote would have been very useful as people in the back cannot have their say on the song being played.
The headlight seems to be good for OEM standards but are definitely inadequate for highway. Planning to change the bulbs to Extreme vision this weekend.
Yep, I meant remove for the audio system, its kinda painful for the folks in backseat or when its driver driven!

Yes, I think I'll be changing headlights too once I get some dope for @EcosportRules

Cheers
Old 26th October 2013, 21:20   #5083
Team-BHP Support

If I remember right, the FE claim on 1L Ecoboost was some where close 18-20. But most posts I only see an FE of 10-11. Am I missing some thing ?
Old 26th October 2013, 21:20   #5084
BHPian

Visited my dealer (Metro Ford, Palace Road, Bangalore) yesterday to inquire on the delivery of my Sea Grey Ecoboost.

Was told by the GM there that a Kinetic Blue Ecoboost was available for immediate delivery and he could allot the same to me. However, i declined as it was not my preferred colour.

Those of you who have booked at Metro Ford and like the colour could possibly try their luck.
Old 26th October 2013, 22:56   #5085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If I remember right, the FE claim on 1L Ecoboost was some where close 18-20. But most posts I only see an FE of 10-11. Am I missing some thing ?
I guess so. Initially, when I had heard about the car I was very disappointed that the Automatic was only available with the "older" 1.5 engine. However, it now looks that there is hardly much difference to justify the extra cost that this engine would have resulted in, if a AT 1.0 ecoboost variant existed. The AT variant would be very expensive then & for not much gain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks