Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2013, 23:56   #5086
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

And the wait is over. Got the much awaited Blue beauty. (EcoBoost Optional) .Got the delivery on THU evening. The car came with Good Year tyre.

Got the below accessories

( ESSENTIALPACK ECO SPORT )
( PROTECTION PACK ECO SPORT) (Without Slimline Weathershield)
CAR COVER ECO SPORT
SBA0021 ( NECK REST )
3D Trunk Tray
Bumber Applique (Front & Rear)
(INTERIOR LIGHT ECO SPORT ) (Interior Ambient Light)
Sport pedal covers
TMP for 3 years/45,000 KM
Body protection
Cross Bar
Bonnet Protector / Bug Deflector
Individual Pack

Detailed ownership report I will post later.

A couple of quick observations, the suspension is not that bouncy as the test drive car, The leather seat covers are more softer than that of in the test drive car, the turbo lag is not that bad as I observed earlier in the test drive car.

A question to all the EcoBoost owners? The manual says the recommended fuel is 95 Octane petrol. In Hyderabad only in couple of Fuel station 97 Octane petrol

There is some problem in uploading the photos. Will upload the photos later
Old 27th October 2013, 00:55   #5087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
And the wait is over. Got the much awaited Blue beauty. (EcoBoost Optional) .Got the delivery on THU evening. The car came with Good Year tyre.

( ESSENTIALPACK ECO SPORT )
( PROTECTION PACK ECO SPORT) (Without Slimline Weathershield)
CAR COVER ECO SPORT
SBA0021 ( NECK REST )
3D Trunk Tray
Bumber Applique (Front & Rear)
(INTERIOR LIGHT ECO SPORT ) (Interior Ambient Light)
Sport pedal covers
TMP for 3 years/45,000 KM
Body protection
Cross Bar
Bonnet Protector / Bug Deflector
Individual Pack

Detailed ownership report I will post later.

A couple of quick observations, the suspension is not that bouncy as the test drive car, The leather seat covers are more softer than that of in the test drive car, the turbo lag is not that bad as I observed earlier in the test drive car.

A question to all the EcoBoost owners? The manual says the recommended fuel is 95 Octane petrol. In Hyderabad only in couple of Fuel station 97 Octane petrol

Congrats buddy,
Good selection of accessories.
Can you give more details about TMP(total maintanance package) for 3 years
Old 27th October 2013, 07:02   #5088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post

Congrats friend, Enjoy your ride.
Can you give details of expenditure for 3 year TMP.
Old 27th October 2013, 07:17   #5089
Senior - BHPian

The difference in tyre circumference between lower(amb. & trend) and upper(titanium) variants is ~3%. How will this be accounted for in the speedometer?
Old 27th October 2013, 08:57   #5090
BHPian

Got the individual pack fitted in my EcoSport from Ford dealer. Following observations:

1. Reverse Camera is certainly handy for mall as well as our Society parking. Aids visibility a lot.

2. Didnt find too much utility or looks factor improvement by installing the rear spoiler. Hardly noticeable.

3. Scuff plates look great in the night.

Will post some pics later.

Have following questions to fellow BHPians who have got these accessories installed:

1. Instead of doing socket to socket wiring, the installation guy stripped the cables and joined the camera and scuff plates cables with the existing wiring. Is this correct way of doing it? When I protested, he informed me that it is as per Ford's wiring diagram and since I'm getting official accessories installed, my electrical warranty will remain in force.

2. The Camera is installed on top of rear number plate. It can be seen from a distance. Is there any way to protect the same from potential theft? It's just three screws and anyone can pull it out. Don't know if there is any other secure way of hiding the camera from others view.

3. It looks like scuff plates remain on all the time. Reason being, when I opened the car in the morning to get some documents out, the scuff plates were on even when the car was off (no ignition key inserted at all). Is this the case? Are scuff plates linked with passive anti theft system wiring?

Regards,
Old 27th October 2013, 11:37   #5091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The difference in tyre circumference between lower(amb. & trend) and upper(titanium) variants is ~3%. How will this be accounted for in the speedometer?
Dont worry it really doesnt matter as it is a very minor difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post

Have following questions to fellow BHPians who have got these accessories installed:

1. Instead of doing socket to socket wiring, the installation guy stripped the cables and joined the camera and scuff plates cables with the existing wiring. Is this correct way of doing it? When I protested, he informed me that it is as per Ford's wiring diagram and since I'm getting official accessories installed, my electrical warranty will remain in force.

2. The Camera is installed on top of rear number plate. It can be seen from a distance. Is there any way to protect the same from potential theft? It's just three screws and anyone can pull it out. Don't know if there is any other secure way of hiding the camera from others view.

3. It looks like scuff plates remain on all the time. Reason being, when I opened the car in the morning to get some documents out, the scuff plates were on even when the car was off (no ignition key inserted at all). Is this the case? Are scuff plates linked with passive anti theft system wiring?

Regards,
1.It is not the right way of installation. You have to use power tapping clips, will post some pictures.The installers don't allow us customers to see them doing the work as we will question their wrong ways. These clips are red in colour as shown in picture and thats my rear view camara's power being drawn.

2.can you be more specific about the 2nd question.Is it fixed in the manner shown in picture. Thats how it is installed in my car.

3.Led scuff plates are connected to the door switch/interior light which swiches on irrespective of the ignition power, so work when the door is open and automatically switches off when the door is shut.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131027wa0005.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image010.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131027wa0006.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 27th October 2013 at 11:39.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 12:24   #5092

Took the delivery of my Chill Metallic Diesel Titanium about 2 hours ago.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_1608.jpg

I had booked my copy on first week of September. Was lucky to get the allocation before Diwali. No! Contacts or money was not used to get the allocation. I also didn't take dealer's mandatory accessories.

Feeling great... Will start the ownership thread soon!
hemmmer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 14:45   #5093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmmer View Post
Took the delivery of my Chill Metallic Diesel Titanium about 2 hours ago.

Attachment 1158321

I had booked my copy on first week of September. Was lucky to get the allocation before Diwali. No! Contacts or money was not used to get the allocation. I also didn't take dealer's mandatory accessories.

Feeling great... Will start the ownership thread soon!
Thats a surprising thing to hear in this thread Congrats on your car, enjoy it!!

Which dealer? Udaipur?
Old 27th October 2013, 15:34   #5094
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review - SYNC Update AM5T-14D544-LD

Hi,

When I try to register, it asks for VIN number, and when I give the VIN number, it says
"Your VIN is invalid or your vehicle doesn’t support SYNC™"

Any help?

Alternatively, can you please post the update file?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Dear Ecosport Titanium & Titanium (O) Owners,

I am presenting a Step by Step process note below on how to upload the SYNC update AM5T-14D544-LD on your Titanium Models below :

Step 1 : Register yourself on the Ford SYNC Owners by using the following link :
https://www.secure.india.ford.com/sy...=1249016630254

Step 2 : After you have registered & logged in go to Software downloads & select download now.

Step 3 : Keep an empty formatted USB disk ready & format it to 32 bit. DO NOT use memory cards through an USB Adaptor. They will not be recognised by the SYNC system in your Ecosport.

Step 4 : The SYNC software update file (AM5T-14D544-LD) is about 6MB & it cannot be downloaded on Chrome, Firefox browsers. IT can be downloaded on IE 9 and if you are using IE 10 you need to download Java and enable Active X controls.

Step 5 : After the update downloads onto the USB disk Remove the USB disk form your Computer & go to your Ecosport.

Step 6 : Make sure you disable the Blue tooth connection on your Mobile before starting the Car, otherwise your phone will automatically connect to SYNC.

Step 7 : Insert the USB Disk in the USB slot in the car and only then then Start the Car & Select the Radio.

Step 8 : Press the Menu button and Go to SYNC settings & select Ok. THen select Install on SYNC & select Ok.

Step 9 : A Message will flash "Begin SYNC installation" select ok. It will now start searching for the SYNC Software update on the USB disk and start the installation.

Step 10 : Within a couple of minutes it will flash a message saying "Installation Complete" DO not switch it off. It is only a phase in the installation and not the complete Installation.

Step 11 : The Installation should take about 15 minutes DO NOT touch any button just listen to the Radio, otherwise the Installation will quit abruptly and you will have to start all over again.

Step 12 : On Completion of the installation it will flash a message "Installation Complete". Please patiently wait for another 3 - 5 minutes & then switch off the Radio.

Step 13 : Now turn on the blue tooth on your Phone & then turn on the Audio System. You will need to pair your Phone again with SYNC and the phone book will download from your phone book from your Mobile.

Advantages of the SYNC software update AM5T-14D544-LD :
1) Before the update it used to take upto about 4-5 minutes before the tracks were indexed and the music starts playing Now after the update the minute you start your car the music starts playing.

2) There is a marked improvement in the recognition of Voice commands & SYNC (like Siri) is able to perfectly understand your voice commands on the 1st attempt itself earlier it used to take 2 or 3 times before it got it right.

3) For all Iphone users SYNC still does not read out SMS messages from the Iphone, Hope they get this fixed in the next few months.

Overall I am mighty impressed with SYNC and it works like a dream for me.

Happy updating to all Titanium & Titanimum (O) Owners !!
Old 27th October 2013, 15:58   #5095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Sad part - I was not in Delhi and my father got installed a stupid bull bar up front which looks hideous and ugly ,
Attachment 1157781
You are right. The Bull Bar spoilt the looks and nice that it was removed,
When the Bull was removed came the cow towards the car
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 19:46   #5096
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review - SYNC Update AM5T-14D544-LD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vu2pmc View Post
Hi,

When I try to register, it asks for VIN number, and when I give the VIN number, it says
"Your VIN is invalid or your vehicle doesn’t support SYNC™"

Any help?

Alternatively, can you please post the update file?

Thanks
I would suggest you to wait for sometime. Some of us received engine malfunction light. We doubt its because of the upgrade. I know the sync upgrade it nowhere related but this engine malfunction problem came all of a sudden and I strongly doubt its due to the upgrade. Even the service center technicians are having a hard time rectifying this. Wasted 2 days behind this. So I suggest you wait and maybe Ford themselves will update this upgrade file.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 20:05   #5097
BHPian

I went to cancel my Ecosport booking today at Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar and saw on Ecosport being delivered. On asking, the guy told me that he had booked the car a couple of months back and had to find a strong approach to get the car. Wow!

Went inside the showroom and the SA wasn't there and moreover, no senior person was present and hence, couldn't place the cancellation request. Still, talked to another sales consultant and she directly told us all the malpractices that are currently underway.

According to her, a majority of the cars that are being delivered are via some or the other "approach" and plus, the customers who come to showroom, shout and threaten with a police action are being cleared off first.

Even though we went there for cancelling the booking, hearing this left both me and my father quite disappointed. Will probably write a mail to Ford Global, Ford India MD and Harpreet Ford MD, with no hopes for a response.

Have booked a Renault Duster and will be taking delivery soon!

P.S. My father works for a major Car AC manufacturing firm that supplies ACs to companies such as Maruti, Nissan, Volkwagen, etc. The company earlier used to supply ACs to Ford India as well and my father has quite a few contacts over there. Still, we opted not to use any approach / resource, just to be disappointed in the end.
Abh1nav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 20:17   #5098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
I went to cancel my Ecosport booking today at Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar and saw on Ecosport being delivered. On asking, the guy told me that he had booked the car a couple of months back and had to find a strong approach to get the car. Wow!
Been 4 times to Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar to either test drive/showcase the car to family, some query, etc. Have always encountered atleast one customer shouting like hell there on each of the visits for promised Ecosport delivery. Also never have been attended by any sales person whatsoever. The car is there. Look. Examine. Get Lost. This is the feeling I have always got there.
Although, I keep enquiring about Ecosport 1.5 AT from all NCR dealers, haven't been to any other Ford dealer physically so dont know the scene at the rest of the places.
Is Harpreet Ford like this or all are? From what I have read in the past so many pages on this thread, I see no "good" Ford dealer in NCR.
sigh!
Am not even an owner yet. Such tales here, keeps bringing back the idea of dropping the Ecosport (& more so Ford) altogether.
Old 27th October 2013, 20:40   #5099

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
Thats a surprising thing to hear in this thread Congrats on your car, enjoy it!!

Which dealer? Udaipur?
Indeed it is. I had no hopes to get the car before January 2014 which was the time period committed by dealership. I was surprised to receive a call from my SA that car is available. Nothing could have made my Diwali better than this call...

Yes. I booked the car on local dealership of Udaipur (K.S. Ford). Delivery experience was OK. I guess two factors worked in my favour:
  1. My choice of colour is not common. Chill metallic is not seen very often on road.
  2. I happen to live in a compartively small city.

Anyhow, I love driving this car. Spent full day just driving my love machine. Though there is no turbo-kick, the diesel engine is a breeze to drive in city. Super smooth.

Felt a pain while leaving the beauty in apartment parking!
Old 27th October 2013, 21:12   #5100
BHPian

Hello All,

Happy to tell you that I have taken the delivery of my ecosport yesterday. Attaching some quick pics. Guys, please be aware that the Drivers Foot mat comes with the car ans it is your right to have it. My dealer initially refused to give me that saying that it comes with the essential pack and that since I had not taken the pack I cannot have it. Then I told them that it is mentioned in the Ford website and started to browse in my phone to show them. Then they agreed.

The mud flaps were bought from eBay and they look and fit as the original.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-edsc_0762.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-edsc_0748.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-edsc_0763.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-edsc_0764.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-edsc_0767.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-edsc_0768.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-edsc_0770.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-edsc_0774.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-edsc_0775.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-edsc_0779.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-edsc_0786.jpg
Jude300 is offline   (4) Thanks