Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2013, 21:44   #5101
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Snapped this at Blue Hyundai Showroom - Rajajinagar, Bangalore. A good marketing strategy to lure buyers
This has been blown out of proportion by the rival Car manufacturers, be it any make.

They have milked this & I am sure, many customers might have walked out on EcoSport because of this.

Car buying populace thinks whatever the salesman/woman say, is right. They even think that flooring the pedal while starting/warming up is good as most mechanics do it.

So, they buy this incident as it has pictures to illustrate & physics (the text to support the topple) to prove.

Its high time Ford came with a disclaimer on this, but Ford, currently is busy selling EcoSport, and by the time, this euphoria ends they will have a high time selling it, to the ones who bought this story & narrated their own version to their uncles, aunty, cousins & nieces.

And its a lesson for Ford as well. To not hand over cars to mainstream journos without a set of guidelines. Few want to test if the air-bag claimed to be 7 in number is actually present or not. At least they should showcase or offer drives at different locations for pros & amateurs.

And please, no bull-bars. It looks hideous besides other negatives duly mentioned by fellow BHPians

Last edited by Sheel : 27th October 2013 at 21:46.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 21:49   #5102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmmer View Post
Took the delivery of my Chill Metallic Diesel Titanium about 2 hours ago.

Feeling great... Will start the ownership thread soon!
The Chill metallic looks silverish with the light reflection!
Good to see more and more taking ownership of Compact Crossover market leader
Enjoy the roads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Hello All,

Happy to tell you that I have taken the delivery of my ecosport yesterday.
Congrats on your new Crossover !
The Mars red looks striking!
Enjoy the miles

Last edited by johannskaria : 27th October 2013 at 21:56.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 08:03   #5103
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Happy to tell you that I have taken the delivery of my ecosport yesterday. Attaching some quick pics. Guys, please be aware that the Drivers Foot mat comes with the car ans it is your right to have it. My dealer initially refused to give me that saying that it comes with the essential pack and that since I had not taken the pack I cannot have it. Then I told them that it is mentioned in the Ford website and started to browse in my phone to show them. Then they agreed.

The mud flaps were bought from eBay and they look and fit as the original.
Super Cool Dude !! Congratulations on arrival of your MARS MACHINE !! Expecting more n more pics from you. Also share us the details of After Market accessories. Those angular Mud Flaps looks great fit and those seat covers are awesome too.
All the very best and Happy motoring ! Enjoy your Mars Ride !!
pkk_84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 08:11   #5104
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Happy to tell you that I have taken the delivery of my ecosport yesterday.
Hi Jude, congrats on the boy from Mars. Great shade and looks smashing on the Ecosport. The seat covers look good. Are these the Ford ones or got them from outside? Are these fabric or art leather? Mud flaps look very OEM like. Great buy.

Cheers
Srinath
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 09:27   #5105
Senior - BHPian

Quick FE Report - Ecosport 1.5 P AT
After 570 kms on the odo, the combined FE displayed on the dash stands at 12.4 kmpl.
This is almost all in-city driving and around 60 kms of Expressway yesterday to watch the F1 race.
I've been mostly driving under 2500 rpm, but have crossed 3500 rpm a couple of times for quick over-taking etc.

Am I satisfied? - Resoundingly YES!

Last edited by roy_libran : 28th October 2013 at 09:30.
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 10:28   #5106
BHPian

Guys, read the following post on another site TAI. Makes me a little jittery as I am just about to take delivery of my ecosport in the next few days.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...eview-328.html

Issue 1: Toppling incident. Could well probably be driver error
Issue 2: Water wading capabilities extremely suspect. Kolkata user has reported that car got stuck in barely 250-300 mm of water. All other smaller cars were able to go through including nano, alto etc. Ford needs to clarify. And guys, please be careful when going over water logged stretches with this vehicle. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/icons/icon4.gif
Old 28th October 2013, 10:37   #5107
BHPian

Finally cancelled my booking yesterday. I had booked Tit (O) Diesel at SC Ford Mumbai on 21st July. After waiting for 3 months, no confirm delivery date, dealer's attitude, all this even after submitting MP's letter. I was too frustrated.

Booked XUV 500 now. Getting the delivery in 10-12 days.
Old 28th October 2013, 11:31   #5108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
Guys, read the following post on another site TAI. Makes me a little jittery as I am just about to take delivery of my ecosport in the next few days.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...eview-328.html

Issue 1: Toppling incident. Could well probably be driver error
Issue 2: Water wading capabilities extremely suspect. Kolkata user has reported that car got stuck in barely 250-300 mm of water. All other smaller cars were able to go through including nano, alto etc. Ford needs to clarify. And guys, please be careful when going over water logged stretches with this vehicle. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/icons/icon4.gif
Just read this up...quite scary. Maybe it is time for all the owners to do an objective survey and come up with an revised unbiased review. ??
Old 28th October 2013, 11:34   #5109
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review - SYNC Update AM5T-14D544-LD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vu2pmc View Post
Hi,

When I try to register, it asks for VIN number, and when I give the VIN number, it says
"Your VIN is invalid or your vehicle doesn’t support SYNC™"

Any help?

Alternatively, can you please post the update file?

Thanks
Sorry vu2pmc I checked the file cannot be uploaded on the Team BHP blog you will need to download it onto a USB formatted in 32 bit.
Old 28th October 2013, 11:49   #5110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Quick FE Report - Ecosport 1.5 P AT
After 570 kms on the odo, the combined FE displayed on the dash stands at 12.4 kmpl.
This is almost all in-city driving and around 60 kms of Expressway yesterday to watch the F1 race.
I've been mostly driving under 2500 rpm, but have crossed 3500 rpm a couple of times for quick over-taking etc.

Am I satisfied? - Resoundingly YES!
You must be an extremely sedate driver, or I got a different kind of car. I struggle to drive below 2000rpm since there is absolutely no pulling power at low revs. With AC on, it is even worse. I always try to keep the rpm above 2000 unless am crawling in traffic. My MID shows 10.3kmpl. :(

Happy? NO
Disappointed? Not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
This has been blown out of proportion by the rival Car manufacturers, be it any make.

They have milked this & I am sure, many customers might have walked out on EcoSport because of this.

Car buying populace thinks whatever the salesman/woman say, is right. They even think that flooring the pedal while starting/warming up is good as most mechanics do it.

So, they buy this incident as it has pictures to illustrate & physics (the text to support the topple) to prove.

Its high time Ford came with a disclaimer on this, but Ford, currently is busy selling EcoSport, and by the time, this euphoria ends they will have a high time selling it, to the ones who bought this story & narrated their own version to their uncles, aunty, cousins & nieces.
I agree that it is a high GC car and should not be driven like a sedan, but the sheer number of topplings are really alarming. I am sure that Ford does not de-engineer their cars the way Maruti does when they launch them in India. But, because they could price it quite low here in India, I have always suspected that they had some serious de-engineering done on the Ecosport.

BTW, I do not expect Ford to issue a clarification. Until now, this issue has been confined to social networking and other websites. By issuing a statement, they would be giving it a wider publicity.

Last edited by ecosport : 28th October 2013 at 12:01.
Old 28th October 2013, 11:54   #5111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
You must be an extremely sedate driver, or I got a different kind of car. I struggle to drive below 2000rpm since there is absolutely no pulling power at low revs. With AC on, it is even worse. I always try to keep the rpm above 2000 unless am crawling in traffic. My MID shows 10.3kmpl. :(

Happy? NO
Disappointed? Not yet.
Me Sedate? No!
I like to push my rides, but haven't yet been pushing the Ecosport since it is new. I tend to mostly drive between 2000-2500 rpm for now.
Old 28th October 2013, 12:17   #5112

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
I demoed the double click boot open button functionality and the SA was amazed by it since he had no clue and started blamin ford for not advertising it.
Mine is a diesel titanium and I tried to open the boot by double pressing the third button (unmarked). Nothing happened. I didn't even feel like a button being pressed. Does it come it only Titanium (O)? Do you have to do it in a certain condition (unlocked?) or in a certain fashion?
Old 28th October 2013, 12:29   #5113
Senior - BHPian

FE Update:

My Ecosport diesel intially displayed 12.5 kmpl and today with a ODO reading 1400 km, it is displaying a mileage of 14.8 (first service is due) This figure is purely based on city travels
ruchirtnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 13:45   #5114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Congrats buddy,
Good selection of accessories.
Can you give more details about TMP(total maintanance package) for 3 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Congrats friend, Enjoy your ride.
Can you give details of expenditure for 3 year TMP.
Thank you for the wishes.

TMP price is not yet announced, as I am taking through company lease, I wanted to bundle the amount also through leasing as it will give me tax benefit. For Diesel new Fiesta the TMP for 3 years is 39K. So ideally Ecosport's TMP should not exceed this. So roughly around 30K I put it in the quotation.

DO you guys have an idea of Octane level of petrol funda ..?

Couple of points to mention.
  1. Don't go for rear spoiler, firstly it doesn't add any practical difference, secondly, the way they drill the holes on the doors are very wide.
  2. Make sure that people who are fitting the rear view camera got the training from Ford, otherwise they may drill the hole on the bumper and with that you will see almost 50% of spare wheel in the screen, especially when you have the Stepney cover
  3. Headlamp protectors will give you fog on the cover during rainy season when you put the headlight on. So in the areas where there are frequent rains, I will not recommend headlamp covers

Attaching the pictures as well
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_2721.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_2727.jpg  

Last edited by anumod : 28th October 2013 at 13:48. Reason: Adding a cons about headlamp covers
anumod is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 13:56   #5115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Thank you for the wishes.

TMP price is not yet announced, as I am taking through company lease, I wanted to bundle the amount also through leasing as it will give me tax benefit. For Diesel new Fiesta the TMP for 3 years is 39K. So ideally Ecosport's TMP should not exceed this. So roughly around 30K I put it in the quotation.

DO you guys have an idea of Octane level of petrol funda ..?

Couple of points to mention.
  1. Don't go for rear spoiler, firstly it doesn't add any practical difference, secondly, the way they drill the holes on the doors are very wide.
  2. Make sure that people who are fitting the rear view camera got the training from Ford, otherwise they may drill the hole on the bumper and with that you will see almost 50% of spare wheel in the screen, especially when you have the Stepney cover
  3. Headlamp protectors will give you fog on the cover during rainy season when you put the headlight on. So in the areas where there are frequent rains, I will not recommend headlamp covers

Attaching the pictures as well
is the bug deflector useful ? how much did it cost you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks