Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2013, 16:35   #5161
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Thanks mate. How is the sound quality if I just go for hertz tweeters ? Is the wiring already done or the guys will have to draw these wires from the source ?
Sound quality improves by atleast 20 percent.I checked this by covering the tweeters with foam after installation to see the difference.
THe highs are much more distinctly audible and ofcourse you can control the bass treble and the mid to your liking!

Wiring is very simple you just have to attach tweeter wires to the speakers wires within the door pad.There is no need to draw wires from source

Last edited by ecosport rules : 29th October 2013 at 16:42.
ecosport rules is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 16:36   #5162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Sound quality improves by atleast 20 percent.
THe highs are much more distinctly audible and ofcourse you can control the bass treble and the mid to your liking!

Wiring is very simple you just have to attach tweeter wires to the speakers wires within the door pad.There is no need to draw wires from source
Thanks Mate. Will get them installed this weekend itself
Old 29th October 2013, 16:40   #5163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo View Post
I assume, us petrol owners, would be less affected by the water logging. The air intake is the major cause of hydrostatic locks when passing through water. It might still be driver error but the petrol engines would be more forgiving. In the case reported in Kolkata the service advisor has pointed out that the water has gone in through the air intake which is almost at the base of the front bumper. This is definitely lower than the 550 mm mark as advertised by Ford. Is it too difficult to have the air intake placed a little upward just like they did for the glow plug module?
I am uncomfortable with the mention of "driver error" in both the toppling and the engine seizure cases. I would rather call it "normal driving conditions". We are all not Narain Karthikeyan, after all, isn't it ? We respond to how the car responds to us. If we didn't consider ourselves as competent drivers, we wouldn't try out any moves, would we, especially with new cars?
If any of us experts felt confident about our driving and tried a few move and the car doesn't respond as it should, but topples, will we still call it driver error? I am not so sure.
Definitely taking your foot off the accelerator when wading through water cannot be called driver error. We can keep accelerator pressed only if the road ahead is clear, otherwise I don't suppose any of us can press accelerator, brake (and hence clutch) pressed at the same time if someone darts across the road or the vehicle in front stops, can we? A car that claims high water wading capability should water-wade even if the driver removes his foot from the pedal, IMHO ! Else it shouldn't claim so. If this were the US, the gentlemen in Gujarat(?) and now in Kolkata would have sued Ford and become millionaires. And we would have become co-participants in a class action suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Gentlemen, before we get mired in this 200, 300 and 500 mm debate, and then start criticizing this excellent little vehicle, for apparently less than adequate water wading capability, let's all bear in mind the water wading depths of some other SUV's, and especially ones with supposedly more abilities.
See Wading Depths.

Even if the Ecosport actually does 500 odd mm, I would never take it into that kind of depth, because this vehicle is not purpose built for that kind of stuff. There are just too many things that can go wrong, so why take the risk?
I'll typically be comfortable only up to the point that the water is still below the door sill. For everything else and anything more, I have the Gurkha.
Roy, the point is, Ford claimed this as one of its differentiators. They even have an ad campaign around it in other markets. My Ecosport waiting experience so far has been one of endless disappointments - first i went in seeing the 5.95 lakhs price tag, but found I cant get a decent model to my liking unless I forked out 10.5 lakhs; then I dreamt about getting into the car without having to take the keys out of my pocket, but later found out that is not to be; and I had the satisfaction of making a smart choice of a car that can take the various BMC/GHMC/Chennai Corporation legacies of waterlogging in its stride - and this is also not to be. What else?

I was the one who recommended patience in waiting; and waiting is still not a problem for me. I am only getting the feeling that the product could turn out to be a lemon. And me, a fool.

Mod - I just realized I have posted B2B. Unable to figure out how to delete. Kindly merge the two. Thanks

Last edited by aah78 : 30th October 2013 at 04:24. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+ / " " MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
HighwayBuddha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 17:24   #5164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
I am uncomfortable with the mention of "driver error" in both the toppling and the engine seizure cases. I would rather call it "normal driving conditions". We are all not Narain Karthikeyan, after all, isn't it ? We respond to how the car responds to us. If we didn't consider ourselves as competent drivers, we wouldn't try out any moves, would we, especially with new cars?
If any of us experts felt confident about our driving and tried a few move and the car doesn't respond as it should, but topples, will we still call it driver error? I am not so sure.
Definitely taking your foot off the accelerator when wading through water cannot be called driver error. We can keep accelerator pressed only if the road ahead is clear, otherwise I don't suppose any of us can press accelerator, brake (and hence clutch) pressed at the same time if someone darts across the road or the vehicle in front stops, can we? A car that claims high water wading capability should water-wade even if the driver removes his foot from the pedal, IMHO ! Else it shouldn't claim so. If this were the US, the gentlemen in Gujarat(?) and now in Kolkata would have sued Ford and become millionaires. And we would have become co-participants in a class action suit.
Please refer to my post for the detailed test I have conducted for water wading.
I am pretty sure Ford has not claimed anything wrong.Please advice if I missed anything
Old 29th October 2013, 19:37   #5165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
I am uncomfortable with the mention of "driver error" in both the toppling and the engine seizure cases. I would rather call it "normal driving conditions".
Definitely taking your foot off the accelerator when wading through water cannot be called driver error. We can keep accelerator pressed only if the road ahead is clear, otherwise I don't suppose any of us can press accelerator, brake (and hence clutch) pressed at the same time if someone darts across the road or the vehicle in front stops, can we?
This toppling-issue has been beaten to death in the past, and I'm surprised to see it resurface again, as it had been made abundantly clear already.

Anyway, I'm going to try and explain it again.

The EcoSport is the sort of car that's bought by people who drive Figos, Polos and other hatchbacks. What they don't take into consideration is the difference between a hatchback and a raised-hatch / pseudo-SUV with regard to vehicle dynamics. They behave very differently when pushed hard and the main reason for that would be the 200 mm ground clearance, tall-boy design and the relatively short wheelbase. You can't jump out of a Figo after doing 80 around a fast bend and attempt the same stunt in an EcoSport. It's that simple.

I know little about the engine-seizing issue, so no comments on that. What I do know is that backing-off the A-pedal creates back-pressure in the exhaust.
Old 29th October 2013, 19:59   #5166
Senior - BHPian

Came across this picture of Ecosport on Rediff.com today. This could be, perhaps an earlier model or one when under development and appears to be developed on the Fusion. Just take a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport-fusion.jpg  

rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 20:02   #5167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Came across this picture of Ecosport on Rediff.com today. This could be, perhaps an earlier model or one when under development and appears to be developed on the Fusion. Just take a look.
Looks like the range rover. Quite a nice look. Simpler but maybe more macho
Old 29th October 2013, 20:31   #5168
BHPian

Quote:
That's the old version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The EcoSport is the sort of car that's bought by people who drive Figos, Polos and other hatchbacks. What they don't take into consideration is the difference between a hatchback and a raised-hatch / pseudo-SUV with regard to vehicle dynamics. They behave very differently when pushed hard and the main reason for that would be the 200 mm ground clearance, tall-boy design and the relatively short wheelbase. You can't jump out of a Figo after doing 80 around a fast bend and attempt the same stunt in an EcoSport. It's that simple.

I know little about the engine-seizing issue, so no comments on that. What I do know is that backing-off the A-pedal creates back-pressure in the exhaust.
+1, Well now I own both the Figo & the Ecosport. Ecosport is a good car but its no way as stable as a Figo. Sharp turns that I take at 60kmph with the Figo within the city, now I do it at half the speed with the Ecosport.

The water wading issue is something that gets me nervous.
Owners: How do we ensure that the glow plug is in the right place(after the recall) and is the air intake design faulty? Any basic checks?

Last edited by sansvk : 29th October 2013 at 20:32. Reason: Spelling corrected
Old 29th October 2013, 20:44   #5169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmmer View Post
Have you got the hertz tweeters installed in your EcoSport? If yes, please can you guide how it is done? I mean, where they take the input from? Do we connect a cable from the ICE to tweeter slots? Does it void the electrical warranty?

How about the improved sound quality? Is it worth it?
Hertz Tweeters fix directly into space provided from behind after you open door pad.

Input is from respective speaker wire, so does not void warranty. You can either use tapping clips of insert the wire into the speaker socket.

Posting an image of compatible model
Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20130826133652.png  

ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 20:55   #5170
Senior - BHPian

BHPIans

I had booked Ecosport Diesel Titanium (O) Chill Metallic on June 30, 2013 and was promised delivery by September 30, 2013 upon lapse of which I started following up aggressively and eventually on 13 October went to Riddhi Ford and Conveyed to Senior Sales Manager that I'll only take delivery in 2014 as I didn't want to depreciate the car's value for the sake of 2 remaining months of 2013.

Today Ford calls me to confirm that I've been allocated the car, this was exciting to hear at first but my mind, family and friends are all of the opinion that I should take delivery of a 2014 manufactured car. Since the company lapsed on its promise, I'm well within my right to seek a 2014 car now since the scheduled delivery will be in November Second Week and it's almost the end of 2013.

I would appreciate if you can help me since my mind is logical enough to understand the value of waiting for 2014 and the heart is a bit excited for the new ride.

Thanks!
Old 29th October 2013, 21:02   #5171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
That's the old version.

+1, Well now I own both the Figo & the Ecosport. Ecosport is a good car but its no way as stable as a Figo. Sharp turns that I take at 60kmph with the Figo within the city, now I do it at half the speed with the Ecosport.

The water wading issue is something that gets me nervous.
Owners: How do we ensure that the glow plug is in the right place(after the recall) and is the air intake design faulty? Any basic checks?

Please refer to post number 5154 on page 344 on the same thread.I have detailed the water wading capabilities.

Quote:
Thats the first generation ecosport made for Brazil ,the present one is the second generation.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 29th October 2013 at 21:17.
Old 29th October 2013, 21:18   #5172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
BHPIans

I had booked Ecosport Diesel Titanium (O) Chill Metallic on June 30, 2013 and was promised delivery by September 30, 2013 upon lapse of which I started following up aggressively and eventually on 13 October went to Riddhi Ford and Conveyed to Senior Sales Manager that I'll only take delivery in 2014 as I didn't want to depreciate the car's value for the sake of 2 remaining months of 2013.

Today Ford calls me to confirm that I've been allocated the car, this was exciting to hear at first but my mind, family and friends are all of the opinion that I should take delivery of a 2014 manufactured car. Since the company lapsed on its promise, I'm well within my right to seek a 2014 car now since the scheduled delivery will be in November Second Week and it's almost the end of 2013.

I would appreciate if you can help me since my mind is logical enough to understand the value of waiting for 2014 and the heart is a bit excited for the new ride.

Thanks!
If you are planning to sell the car in the next 5 years you can wait till Jan. Note that it could be jan end by the time you get a 2014 manufactured vehicle.
You run the risk of another price hike in the next 3 months. I recommend you to buy it now and enjoy the initial exclusivity.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 21:19   #5173
BHPian

Quote:
BHPIans

Thanks!
I think if you are ok with waiting, then a 2014 car makes more sense depreciation wise.
However:
- to be sure of getting a 2014 manufactured car, it can be atleast Feb2014 allocations(& not longer since ecosport is being sold off as soon as it comes out of the factory). So you might have to wait till atleast Feb.
- I dont know but just heard of a possible price increase again in Jan (only a rumour on one of these threads. Have no source for the same). Anyways, point is be ok with any such changes too.

Now weigh it all against your present excitement & decide. Difficult.

Oops! same points above too.

Last edited by anks_at : 29th October 2013 at 21:23.
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 21:35   #5174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BHPIans

Thanks!
I would definitely not wait. You run the risk of a price hike, have to wait till Feb 2014 and you will probably have to run behind and pressurize the dealer all over again. Also if the bookings are reopened in Jan as per the rumors, there could be a bigger chance that your position in the queue will be impacted.

On the resale in case you plan to sell in 2-3 years, considering the amount of bookings and hype, I don't think the Nov manufacture will impact. And if you are keeping it beyond 5 years there is very less chance of a significant difference in resale value.

Go with your heart . There are so many people ( like me : ) ) who wanted this car but are unable to even book it. Your car is ready and in my opinion you should not let it go.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 29th October 2013 at 21:37.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 22:43   #5175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
This toppling-issue has been beaten to death in the past, and I'm surprised to see it resurface again, as it had been made abundantly clear already.

Anyway, I'm going to try and explain it again.

No issue is done to death until there is enough evidence. Until now there is no evidence that the drivers of the toppled ecosports were running it like a sedan or a hatch. They remain assumptions, just like de-engineering is another assumption. So each new toppling that happens make us sit up and re-evaluate the assumptions. Three confirmed topplings in 4 months is alarming, so we better have some conclusions soon.
ecosport is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks