Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2013, 08:01   #5311
BHPian

Can the washer jet be operated without wipers running?
As soon as I press the knob present in the RHS Stalk the washer jets and the wiper start simultaneously which is irritating. I prefer to spray the water for some time before I wipe the wind shield.
I was able to do like this in my i10 whereas dzire had the same issue.
Old 3rd November 2013, 10:30   #5312
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
Guys I need some help!!!

My Ecosport 1.5D Tit does not have the "TDCi" badge. Is it an accessory or the dealer just removed it without telling me??? I got the deliver only 3 days back...

Plese check everything as anks advised
It is not uncommon that dealers have damaged vehicles for which they do minor touchups.
Do you have the titanium badge on.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
I am unable to get Sync to read out SMS messages. Phone is android (samsung galaxy ace)
Error is something like phone is not capable of sending messages thru Bluetooth.

Any help.
I have similar issue on my blackberry 9900.The sync sometimes reads the message sometimes and sometimes does not.

Doesnt bother me much, what really bothers me is the capacity of sync phonebook (its only 1000).my phone book has around 7000 contacts and the sync displays first 1000 numbers of them it never displays beyond alphabet" D".Any suggesting regarding this issue or is anyone else facing a similar issue?

I am presently working around it by adding capital A(by editing the contact) in front of the frequently called contacts, for eg

Mody Ford showroom-will not be displayed, the modified contact is
A Mody Ford showroom-sync will display this as it will now be within first 1000 contacts in the phone book

I know this cannot be a permanent solution but works for me for now, any improvisation s from fellow bhpians will be highly appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Can the washer jet be operated without wipers running?
As soon as I press the knob present in the RHS Stalk the washer jets and the wiper start simultaneously which is irritating. I prefer to spray the water for some time before I wipe the wind shield.
I was able to do like this in my i10 whereas dzire had the same issue.

Dear sunilg33,

No, we cannot only wash without wiping.
I have the same issue.will talk to the service manager about it.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 3rd November 2013 at 10:35.
Old 3rd November 2013, 11:21   #5313
BHPian

I use an android phone and it does read out messages.

Make sure, you use the stock app for the messaging though

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
I think "reading out messages" works only with windows phones.
Old 3rd November 2013, 11:42   #5314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
These badges are just stuck on to the body. Although not easy but they can come off due to hard washing/wiping accidentally (similar thing happened to me during delivery of my i10). Usually they do so with considerable age over the years.
One less likely chance is if the vehicle was damaged & repaired in that area & they just forgot to put it back on.

Whatever be the case, it would have been ideal if you had pointed it out during delivery of the vehicle.
Now you can just go to the dealer again explain the situation to them politely (because fighting now wont help) & ask them to fix one back on. Mostly they agree if the vehicle is so new for keeping the customer satisfied & since they anyways dont cost a lot.
Otherwise, its just a badge, dont worry too much about it (you can also pay for it if the dealer disagrees). Just check for any repaired damage to the car around the badge area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Plese check everything as anks advised
It is not uncommon that dealers have damaged vehicles for which they do minor touchups.
Do you have the titanium badge on.?
Thanks guys... I did check my car and found no signs of touchup. If it happened then they have done it perfectly and no way of knowing it. Have done one internship in Honda and and spent 6 months searching for dents/scratches.. SO I suggest can leave that chapter behind.
I have the titanium badge... called up my SA and he too was surprised but asked me to come to get it fixed..
Old 3rd November 2013, 11:49   #5315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
I think "reading out messages" works only with windows phones.
Quote:
I am unable to get Sync to read out SMS messages. Phone is android (samsung galaxy ace)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vu2pmc View Post
I use an android phone and it does read out messages.
Check the compatibility of Ford Sync with mobile phones here: http://www.india.ford.com/sync/suppo...t/mobile?v=101
Old 3rd November 2013, 13:48   #5316
BHPian

I've been trying to see if our reviewers missed out anything. Honestly page 1 of this thread is as accurate as anything can be. Absolutely perfect to the T.
But looks like they missed out one -
The gap between the hand brake and the passenger side seat belt connector is small and when pulling the hand brake up the hand gets grazed against the connector.
Old 3rd November 2013, 14:24   #5317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've been trying to see if our reviewers missed out anything. Honestly page 1 of this thread is as accurate as anything can be. Absolutely perfect to the T.
The gap between the hand brake and the passenger side seat belt connector is small and when pulling the hand brake up the hand gets grazed against the connector.
Totally agree. Even I had wondered how come the TBHP review missed this. This is certainly one of the very few ergonomic defects. The way around that I have found, is to adjust the passenger seat travel such that the belt connector stays clear of the hand brake.
Old 3rd November 2013, 14:55   #5318
BHPian

Quote:
I think the handbrake design is for Left Hand Drive vehicle. They haven't bothered to change it.
Old 3rd November 2013, 15:11   #5319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
I think the handbrake design is for Left Hand Drive vehicle. They haven't bothered to change it.
You absolutely right our hand brake version is similar to the chinese left hand version I saw.
I have already wrote about this defect to Ford 3 months back, I dont think they care about it.
Old 3rd November 2013, 16:28   #5320
Distinguished - BHPian

First service experience, vehicle boot capacity and passenger number tested to the max. Details in my ownership thread.
Old 3rd November 2013, 22:16   #5321
Senior - BHPian

I wish all bhpians a very happy and safe diwali
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20131103_100902.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 22:21   #5322
BHPian

Quote:
I wish all bhpians a very happy and safe diwali
Your ideas rock

Happy Diwali everyone
Old 3rd November 2013, 22:25   #5323
BHPian

Test drove the ford ecosport last week. Must say, the looks were simply gorgeous ! I had a preconceived notion about the boot space in the vehicle being small. But, it is quite ok !

The A pillar was phenomenally huge ! This will result in terrible blind spot ! And, I guess this is strictly a 4-people only vehicle. The shock absorbers were a bit bouncy. I did enquire whether the Tyre pressures were ok, and it was seemingly ok (as told by the Sales Rep). The ride quality on a whole was just ok. I would rate Duster to be more linear and responsive !
Old 3rd November 2013, 22:47   #5324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravinkenator View Post
Test drove the ford ecosport last week. Must say, the looks were simply gorgeous ! I had a preconceived notion about the boot space in the vehicle being small. But, it is quite ok !

The A pillar was phenomenally huge ! This will result in terrible blind spot ! And, I guess this is strictly a 4-people only vehicle. The shock absorbers were a bit bouncy. I did enquire whether the Tyre pressures were ok, and it was seemingly ok (as told by the Sales Rep). The ride quality on a whole was just ok. I would rate Duster to be more linear and responsive !
Indeed, the boot space is much better than a hatch. I think most tend to compare it with a SUV & therefore it looks less. However its a 4metre car/urban SUV. People perhaps forget to factor that in.

Ecosport does have much lesser visibility (A-pillar, rear) than many other vehicles. An owner will definitely need a bit of time to get used to it, but it should not be a security hazard if you are careful & aware.
Everybody here I think mostly agrees regarding the ride as you put it.
Old 4th November 2013, 00:37   #5325
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone confirm whether Compatible Gear Locks (Pin Type) are available for the Ecosport or not? I happened to browse through the Car Accessories market in the vicinity and was told that the 'Plate' for Ecosport's Gear Lock isn't available yet and shall be made available in a week's time by Autocop and others generally copy Autocop's Design and then flood the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
Congrats on the decision & on almost getting it now finally

The reverse cam indeed is overpriced (just like all their accessories) but will give you peace of mind of correct installation (see a discussion on the camera location & fitting few pages back somewhere here) & will maintain your warranties if taken from them.
The camera in itself does not give a good indication of distance/depth.
Alongwith the parking sensors to gauge distance & the camera to see the obstructions, the combination should be good to overcome the rear visibility limitation sufficiently while parking.

Although I am doubtful the dealer will agree, try bargaining on reduction of those "Handling charges" too by the dealer.
Thanks a lot Anks_at for your kind wishes! If they're willing to spare me the Reverse Cam for even 15k, I'm going ahead with it but if they still are adamant at 25k, shouldn't I've an Entry Level DSLR mounted on the back at that price?

Handling Charges, I'll see all of that during Payment. Actually, the thing is that nowadays the ball is in their court hence, it'll be a bit difficult but not impossible.

Quote:
Take the individual pack instead of buying only the rev cam.
Costs around 25k and includes rev cam , irvm, illuminated scuff plates and spoiler.

Reverse camera makes parking a breeze , you can also sync the lines of the camera to the reverse sensors beep intensity for an accurate estimate of distance.

I wish all bhpians a very happy and safe diwali.
Individual Pack sounds good but having Holes Drilled for a Non-Factory Fitment (Rear Spoiler) isn't kind of acceptable to me understanding the kind of 'Jugaad-Baazi' which works in Delhi.

Let them make hay, they only have a season of few more months and then, Auto Expo will give a clear picture of the Segment.

Most Viewed