Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2013, 11:54   #5446
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks View Post
Hi all,good to be part of Team BHP fraternity after a loooong ,loooooong wait.
Just enjoying Ecosport Mars red Titanium-O,the first in the district,hardly 10 days old.
Lots of onlookers.
Some bad experience as well.
Someone scratched on my baby on the boot,Bpillar and rear door.
True, jealousy and baldness cannot be treated.
Some touch up was done ,looks better now.
Has anyone had a similar experience ?
In the shock I could'nt take pictures.
Anyway,waiting for my drls and Hertz tweeters to arrive.
All posts particularly those of ecosport rules have been massively informative.
Good to know that ecosport rules is also a doc like me.Could you share your phone no. so that I could speak to you.
Thanks everyone once again.
Willpost some pictures later.
Congratulations.
But why do you need the tweeters ? Does not Titanium comes with a the tweeters ?
Old 11th November 2013, 12:13   #5447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Congratulations.
But why do you need the tweeters ? Does not Titanium comes with a the tweeters ?
Strangely enough, only the AT comes with tweeters.
Old 11th November 2013, 12:17   #5448
BHPian

I have made up my mind to cancel my Ecosport booking. And buy a Duster.

Here's my story. I booked a Ecoboost Titanium Mars Red on 11 July at Chennai Ford and was told a waiting time between 3 and 4 months. I had vowed to myself I will not let the purchase experience turn bad, so did not follow up expect for once in 15 days in July-Sep and then once a week with my SA, just to pleasantly ask each time if my vehicle has come/any way it can be expedited etc. And I kept hearing that it will come as per the promised timeline. Once 3 months were over, I started getting some bad vibes about the messages I was hearing from the SA and the CRM Manager. And when I asked them how I can get my car as soon as possible, they said Diesels were getting delivered more. So I asked if i switched to a Diesel, will it improve my chances, they said yes. So I switched to a Diesel Titanium Mars Red sometime in Oct and was told, I will join the line as if I booked my Diesel on July 11 and hence will get my car mid-Nov.

In the meantime, I kept reading up on Team BHP about Ecosport as if I was preparing for my CAT entrance. Slowly, but surely, some of the niggles brought up by current owners of Ecosport started nagging at the back of my mind. I also started wondering if I had done my initial TD of Ecosport in a 100% dispassionate manner or was it colored by Ecosport's looks. Well, seeds of doubt had been sown in my mind and in my wife's mind as well.
So we both told ourselves we will TD a Duster as well and then make up our mind. And this is where my bad experiences with Ford dealer, which I was trying to avoid getting into all along, started. I requested for a TD of Duster and Ecosport both on the same day(day before yesterday). Duster guys agreed to "as many TDs as you want for as long a drive as you want until you purchase". Whereas when I requested Chennai Ford for a highway TD to test the balance, braking etc.,(which some of the owners have reported being nervous about at times), the SA said he has to "get permission from the manager". I had to follow up many times before "the permission was granted". So I took an appointment for Saturday from Ford, while I did a walk-in TD with Duster.
Waiting time at Renault = 0
Waiting time at Ford(despite taking prior appointment) = 1 hour
To be sure, I took the vehicles for TD on the exact same route and took them through the exact same rough roads, ran them over the same craggy road edges and potholes for like-for-like comparison. Both my wife and I rode them in the exact same pattern.
And the consensus was this: while I did not feel any shocks when taking the Duster over the crevices, we felt a definite rough feedback from the suspension every time the Ecosport went over the same rough patches. Also, we felt a high degree of sideways swaying movement on the Ecosport over rough patches.
So ride-wise I gave a 9/10 for the duster and a 6/10 for the Ecosport.
Other differentiators:
-I did feel the Ecosport accelerated better at low speeds than the Duster
-Son loves the touchscreen display in Duster(the dealer is offering a OEM replacement with a system that had CD, DVD, USB and aux in and can also play movies on the small screen)
-wife and I like the MapMyIndia in Duster
-Duster has bluetooth for making calls, so only thing we will miss is the SYNC voice command and SMS readup, which both wife and I concur is ok
-Son loves the space he gets in Duster on the back seat to lie down and sleep(yes, I know it is not safe, but he always sleeps in a jiffy on the back seat since he was 1 year old, something to do with the calming vibrations)
-my initial aversion to Duster was on account of its color, color finish and looks. But i was pleasantly surprised at the dealer's by the Duster dark grey color(which I had not realised was there - insufficient research, I agree). It looks quite attractive(both wife and I have a soft corner for the BMW grey). And the "bad looks" also didn't seem to be that bad any more. So it ticked that box as well for me.
So I had almost decided on the Duster and wanted to cancel the Ecosport and that is when the icing on the cake happened. I enquired from the SA what the cancellation process was and he nonchalantly asks me to send a cancellation letter/email with the bank account number in it. No shock, no asking for reason for cancellation, no asking to reconsider, nothing. So I tell him i will probably do it on Sunday(yesterday) and request him to waive the cancellation fee and come away. And this morning, mother of all shocks - he calls me up for the first time in our entire relationship and asks me as to why I "did not come yesterday and give the cancellation letter". All these days when I wanted to buy the car, there was no call from him at all(except to return calls he missed). And now when i want to cancel, he diligently follows up. So I told him I will do so soon, but do sarcastically mention that he "seems happy at my cancellation; what, you want to give my car to someone else?". To which he says "No sir, if you wait for the 4 months we promised(which lapsed yesterday) and then want to cancel, you will obviously have your reasons for cancellation. That's why I did not ask what the reason was". What a lame duck excuse. !!!

Now, my mind is made up. Where I might have been in two minds up until the TDs, the sheer preposterousness of the dealer's attitude was hugely insulting and I am firm I will cancel the Ecosport booking come what may.

I had a 2 step gate in my mind for the cancellation:
-will I feel later that I was hasty in cancellation and could have waited a bit more? the answer is NO, as I am not so besotted to Ecosport any more, I am afraid(my own opinion)
-will seeing Ecosports on the road send me into guilt pangs - again no, as I have fallen in love with the dark grey Duster and will not miss Ecosport.

Sorry if I rambled a bit, I am most likely to book my Duster within the next 2 days and to cancel the Ecosport in a week. Thanks to all TBHPians for helping me in the decision process.
HighwayBuddha is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 13:11   #5449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
Now, my mind is made up. Where I might have been in two minds up until the TDs, the sheer preposterousness of the dealer's attitude was hugely insulting and I am firm I will cancel the Ecosport booking come what may.

I had a 2 step gate in my mind for the cancellation:
-will I feel later that I was hasty in cancellation and could have waited a bit more? the answer is NO, as I am not so besotted to Ecosport any more, I am afraid(my own opinion)
-will seeing Ecosports on the road send me into guilt pangs - again no, as I have fallen in love with the dark grey Duster and will not miss Ecosport.

Sorry if I rambled a bit, I am most likely to book my Duster within the next 2 days and to cancel the Ecosport in a week. Thanks to all TBHPians for helping me in the decision process.
Congratulations for making, what is essentially a, somewhat tough decision. As owners of an Ecosport AT for a month now, we feel we could not have made a better choice than this vehicle, for OUR needs and wants. At the same time, the Duster is an excellent package in it's own right. In a way it is fantastic that the dealer's insolence and attitude has made you find your best fit. All the best.
Old 11th November 2013, 14:25   #5450
BHPian

Quote:
I requested for a TD of Duster and Ecosport both on the same day(day before yesterday). Duster guys agreed to "as many TDs as you want for as long a drive as you want until you purchase".

Congratulation on your desire to buy Duster. Being a chennaite I would like to know who the Duster dealer is? All the best!
Old 11th November 2013, 15:00   #5451
BHPian

What is the appoximate waiting for EcoSport Ecoboost T in Chennai? Which is the better dealer out of the ones in Chennai

My Swift (P) is 7 years old now and maintenance costs are rising by the day. Need a new car by early next year
Old 11th November 2013, 15:04   #5452
BHPian

After driving for 3 weeks and having gone for a long drive, these are my obesrvations - Overall, car is very good. Excellent package for City and Highway. Stable, safe, Feature packed, looks good etc. Very economical (being diesel)

Now coming to some small niggles that I am seeing. Please help me with suggestions on how they can be fixed.

1. Rattling sound (bzzz) from Front passenger side door with the thump of speakers (high bass). This is noticeable and irritating. Started after the long drive. Not sure what went wrong.

2. I can feel Clutch and accelerator vibrations while driving in city roads too. Not sure if this started after the long drive too or was there from beginning. They are mild. But, noticeable.

3. My shoe rubs the steering column when I am driving in half-clutch mode during traffic jams. Seems like my foot is slipping forward with each push and going near the steering column and rubbing it after few clutch press/release operations. This is irritating during bumper-to-bumper traffic. I may have to adopt to it or change mats.

During my 5 years use of Honda City, I never felt vibrations or rattles. So, little worried if this will be a long term issue for Ecosport

Will get these fixed in 1st Service. But, appreciate any advice to get them fixed soon.

Last edited by Mallikarjun : 11th November 2013 at 15:06.
Mallikarjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 15:13   #5453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallikarjun View Post

During my 5 years use of Honda City, I never felt vibrations or rattles. So, little worried if this will be a long term issue for Ecosport
There are some similar rattles experienced by other owners here & people have pointed out use of cheaper plastics (not outright cheap) now & then in the ownership threads.
However, I just want to point out since you are coming from the City (me too), dont expect the same level of rattle free performance from this car. City is miles ahead on that front & a class apart. I know it can be quite frustrating coming from the silent City
Old 11th November 2013, 15:56   #5454

Has anyone ordered and installed illuminated scuff plates from ebay?bcoz it's not available with my dealer.There are different price ranges by different sellers and we do not know who is genuine.Could there be suggestions regarding this and ambient lighting, if possible suggest a good seller,because it really is dark in there once you open the door at night.
Has anybody changed the interior lights to LED or such stuff because they look quite old fashioned.
Old 11th November 2013, 16:20   #5455
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your decision, and welcome aboard!

After much deliberation, I too had cancelled my Ecosport booking last month and brought home a brand new Renault Duster 85 RXL (O) on November 1. I'm loving every bit of it and it's great car to own.

As you have rightly compared it to the Ecosoprt, there are few hits and misses with each car. Though the Ecosport offers an unmatched set of features, still, if it inspires any more confidence, the ride quality of the Duster is unmatched and brings a smile to your face everytime you tackle a bad road, and after driving the Duster for more than a week, I can vouch for the fact that the Duster can be bought for this one sole reason!

The stock touchscreen MediaNav system is quite good as well, and I advice to get some extra cash discount from the dealer, rather than replacing the system (unless videos are a priority)! Also, with the year-end approaching, push the dealer for some extra discounts!

Congratulations once again on your decision!
Old 11th November 2013, 19:09   #5456
BHPian

Quote:
After driving for 3 weeks and having gone for a long drive, these are my obesrvations - Overall, car is very good. Excellent package for City and Highway. Stable, safe, Feature packed, looks good etc. Very economical (being diesel)

Now coming to some small niggles that I am seeing. Please help me with suggestions on how they can be fixed.

1. Rattling sound (bzzz) from Front passenger side door with the thump of speakers (high bass). This is noticeable and irritating. Started after the long drive. Not sure what went wrong.

2. I can feel Clutch and accelerator vibrations while driving in city roads too. Not sure if this started after the long drive too or was there from beginning. They are mild. But, noticeable.

3. My shoe rubs the steering column when I am driving in half-clutch mode during traffic jams. Seems like my foot is slipping forward with each push and going near the steering column and rubbing it after few clutch press/release operations. This is irritating during bumper-to-bumper traffic. I may have to adopt to it or change mats.

Will get these fixed in 1st Service. But, appreciate any advice to get them fixed soon.
Hi dear. Welcome to the world of diesel cars. They rattle and tremble. You can feel the rumble on the accelerator and clutch.
That said you are correct in highlighting the case of shoe rubbing on the clutch pedal.

Even I have felt ecosport engine is not that as peppy as other diesel engines in the market. I used to drive Swift earlier and I find a definate difference in the low gear torgue.

Though mileage is good for the diesel variant.
Old 11th November 2013, 19:35   #5457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hi dear. Welcome to the world of diesel cars. They rattle and tremble. You can feel the rumble on the accelerator and clutch.
That said you are correct in highlighting the case of shoe rubbing on the clutch pedal.

Even I have felt ecosport engine is not that as peppy as other diesel engines in the market. I used to drive Swift earlier and I find a definate difference in the low gear torgue.

Though mileage is good for the diesel variant.
Thanks for the reply. I am noticing these problems only now, after driving for about 3 weeks and 1200kms. Not sure if it was my excitement that masked these or they were not there that time.

Will appreciate any feedback/comments from other Ecosport users.
Old 11th November 2013, 19:47   #5458
Senior - BHPian

Has the Ford Dealers (especially in Bangalore) started accepting the bookings for Titanium diesel cars?
snaronikar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 20:57   #5459
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I am noticing these problems only now, after driving for about 3 weeks and 1200kms. Not sure if it was my excitement that masked these or they were not there that time.

Will appreciate any feedback/comments from other Ecosport users.
Infact I have been getting astounding mileage of 19 kmpl. I have been experiencing a very strange issue. On some mornings the car starts up in a way that the even in the 2nd gear and subsequent gears, the zip and the pickup is completely missing. Its seem the car is reluctant and lazy to take any throttle. On that particular day I have to really push the car to give me the necessary zip for the traffic of Delhi. But surprisingly most of the days the car is agile and gives quick response to even a little throttle. I had experienced this in my Swift (D) very few times. Has anybody of you experienced such a lousy response from the Ecosport on some particular day ?
I have done 1700 kms in one month and I'm getting a mileage of 19+

I know once I go for the 1st service Ford Service center will never understand that issue, which makes me worry about the vehicle.

Any inputs from the TBHPians will be of great help.

Last edited by harpreetsubhi : 11th November 2013 at 21:02. Reason: something what I wrote was somehow not making sense
Old 11th November 2013, 21:01   #5460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1)Has anyone ordered and installed illuminated scuff plates and ambient lighting,because it really is dark in there once you open the door at night.

2)Has anybody changed the interior lights to LED or such stuff because they look quite old fashioned.

Quote:
Hi all,good to be part of Team BHP fraternity after a loooong ,loooooong wait.
Someone scratched on my baby on the boot,Bpillar and rear door.
Some touch up was done ,looks better now.
Anyway,waiting for my drls and Hertz tweeters to arrive.
All posts particularly those of ecosport rules have been massively informative.
Good to know that ecosport rules is also a doc like me.
3)Could you share your phone no. so that I could speak to you..

Hey sanjuspeaks,

Congrats mate on your new ride , good to hear another tit (opt) delivered.
A second time congratulations for the DRLs, I suggest you ask your mods guy to upgrade the lights to projectors with xenon also along with DRLs as it will definitely improve your lighting.

Feel bad about the scratches

For pictures of all accessories and details have a look at my initial ownership thread.
"My silver ford Ecosport Titanium(O)TDCi.First delivered in india"

1)Fords original Illuminated scuff plates and ambient light are of the best quality and perfect colour match to the in dash back light colour.All the aftermarket ones offer a different blue colour and look quite cheap.

2) I have changed the interior lights to bright white LEDs, they look awesome.

3)PM me about contact.

4) Good decision regarding hertz tweeters, it will improve the overall performance quite a bit.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 11th November 2013 at 21:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks