Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2013, 14:01   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Ok Now this is Hopeless

I was studying hard for 2 years for Medical Entrance Exams. The Result came out yesterday.

and I have been waiting for the EcoSport for more than 1.5 years now. Surely, it isn't nearly as much as useful as Medical Education. Is it?
Called up the local Dealer. They put the launch on 20th June. Deliveries in July. 50K for "official bookings".

P.S. For those of you who are curious about the effect of Team-BHP on education,I got an All India Rank 4 in NEET-UG!!
I am guessing it would have bee worse without this great Website!
I'm running out of patience now! The only reason i've been able to hold on is cause i've been traveling out every 2 weeks for the last few months. But 20th June is really testing my patience. What it also is leading to is delay in the Duster pricing getting that much needed cut!

And congratulations! Its just the begining though a good one.
Old 6th June 2013, 14:04   #542
BHPian

Everyone is talking about the Ecoboost and the Diesel options. Nobody seems interested in the 1.5L Petrol version (manual as well as automatic). Has anyone test driven the same? Is there going to be a Team-BHP official review for these two versions? Or has everybody just dismissed it already as useless even before launch? I am earnestly waiting for the 1.5L petrol review as my running is quite low to warrant a Diesel vehicle.
Old 6th June 2013, 14:50   #543
BHPian

There's already been three different launch dates floating around in this very thread and I am quite sure it's not going to be either of them. I think we should just stop believing the dealers and let Ford announce the official launch date as and when they are ready. Ford has taken so much pain in hosting the global media drive event and running the Urban Discoveries campaign. Would they launch the most anticipated car of the year just like that one fine day without any official intimation. I don't think so. And I am sure this official intimation will come much ahead of the actual launch date.
floyd.bell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 14:58   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Hi 2000 RPM ,
Much is said about 5 seating capacity in forums here but sadly almost all cars seat only 4 comfortably irrespective of outer body dimesnions , small or big , hatchback or sedan. I really hate when the vehicle is licensed for 5 but manages only 4. Recently I felt very embarassed and helpless when my parents and my daughter had tough time at the back on a long drive of 7 hours in my Fiesta. I enjoyed the driving pleasure which Fiesta offers but sadly my family at the back did not enjoy it at all. We were just 4 adults and 1 child , all medium built in a vehicle licesenced to seat five.
I am sure that all the manufacturers are doing it deliberately so that their bigger vehicles , read MUV and SUV also get buyers. However its very unfair.
I'm thinking that this would be a prime class action lawsuit candidate, had this been the US. But since it is India we are grinning and bearing it...and sometimes ranting on forums. One point I do wonder is what official seat capacity is the Ecosport going to be labelled in the other countries-4 seater or 5 seater?
Old 6th June 2013, 15:24   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Ok Now this is Hopeless

I was studying hard for 2 years for Medical Entrance Exams. The Result came out yesterday.

and I have been waiting for the EcoSport for more than 1.5 years now. Surely, it isn't nearly as much as useful as Medical Education. Is it?
Called up the local Dealer. They put the launch on 20th June. Deliveries in July. 50K for "official bookings".

P.S. For those of you who are curious about the effect of Team-BHP on education,I got an All India Rank 4 in NEET-UG!!
I am guessing it would have bee worse without this great Website!
Congrats buddy. Neet rank 4 is an amazing achievement. Myself, I have preparing for PG Entrance exams and I got through into PGIMER Chandigarh. Now waiting for ecosport to launch so that I can get a gift from my parents.
Coming back to the topic, i called up the local dealer who said no bookings have started, and that bookings will start once the demo vehicle arrives around 10th June.

Last edited by D4d-maniac : 6th June 2013 at 15:34.
Old 6th June 2013, 16:27   #546
Senior - BHPian

Overdrive does a comparo between Duster and EcoSport: Below link contains pictures of leg rooms in two cars

http://overdrive.in/reviews/renault-...ecosport-tdci/

I have personally sat in Duster and i feel it has decent leg room, but in this link it is being shown as if Ecosport has better legroom than duster. Is this really true ? Or someone has intentionally pushed the front seats back in duster to give a feel of bad leg room ?
Old 6th June 2013, 16:40   #547
BHPian

What a detailed review this is! Passion, dedication, patience all in one. Great job!
I have a doubt about the tail gate. Doesn't it open on the wrong side? Considering that we generally park on the left side of the road, it would be required to go around the tail gate every time with luggage. Mostly it opens on the right. Is there any other vehicle in India with left opening tail gate? Probably it is a straight lift from the LHD version. The hand-brake too seems to be made for LHD. I may be wrong.
Old 6th June 2013, 16:58   #548
BHPian

Mod Note : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th June 2013 at 17:32.
amolathalye is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th June 2013, 17:00   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post
What a detailed review this is! Passion, dedication, patience all in one. Great job!
I have a doubt about the tail gate. Doesn't it open on the wrong side? Considering that we generally park on the left side of the road, it would be required to go around the tail gate every time with luggage. Mostly it opens on the right. Is there any other vehicle in India with left opening tail gate? Probably it is a straight lift from the LHD version. The hand-brake too seems to be made for LHD. I may be wrong.
See this is what happens when you do not launch a product quickly! We keep discussing the same topic again and again and again
No offense to you, just trying to vent out the frustration. The tail gate topic has been discussed already and please refer the earlier posts/ threads.
Old 6th June 2013, 17:07   #550
BHPian

^^Apologies for that. Didn't get the time to go through the whole thing. I'll check it out asap.
Old 6th June 2013, 17:19   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachinVD View Post
Everyone is talking about the Ecoboost and the Diesel options. Nobody seems interested in the 1.5L Petrol version (manual as well as automatic). Has anyone test driven the same? Is there going to be a Team-BHP official review for these two versions? Or has everybody just dismissed it already as useless even before launch? I am earnestly waiting for the 1.5L petrol review as my running is quite low to warrant a Diesel vehicle.
Exactly. Can we get a review of the 1.5 Petrol please? I get it that the same engine is in Fiesta. Will putting it in the Ecosport make it sluggish because of the extra weight it has to lug around? What will be the hit on the Fuel efficiency? And any Fiesta owners can give an opinion on the 1.5 Petrol MT?
Old 6th June 2013, 18:34   #552
BHPian

All along I was thinking 11th June is the launch date. No kidding, I am having sleepless nights for a week now. After prolonged consideration, I am all set to book the Ecosport Dark Grey TDCI. Now I called up Lathangi Ford and they tell me the launch would be on 15th June!!!! I just hope that they are well prepared for the booking floods in terms of production and we start getting deliveries by June end.
Old 6th June 2013, 18:53   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Overdrive does a comparo between Duster and EcoSport: Below link contains pictures of leg rooms in two cars

http://overdrive.in/reviews/renault-...ecosport-tdci/

I have personally sat in Duster and i feel it has decent leg room, but in this link it is being shown as if Ecosport has better legroom than duster. Is this really true ? Or someone has intentionally pushed the front seats back in duster to give a feel of bad leg room ?
Thanks for sharing. That's a good comparison.
The time i checked Duster, i did not find the Knee room much better than a hatch. So if Ecosport has a slightly more/equal knee room as Duster i would not be surprised.

Keeping the price aside, common man should find the Ecosport a better option. Because:
1.More features.
2.Better Fit and Finish
3.Easier to drive in city(This is where the majority would drive).
4.Larger reach(more showrooms/Service center's).

Now about 5 seater,majority of the cars sold are 4 seater's. Some cars do not have enough room and some have a design which is good for 4. Even Duster RXZ is a strict 4 seater. I would not prefer sitting for long in the middle(Rear seat) with no armrests/headrests/proper seat contours. To seat 5 comfortably i think MPV's like Innova/Tavera etc are the best options.
Old 6th June 2013, 19:38   #554
Senior - BHPian

Saw this on jalopnik. Pretty cool. At least ford is not shortchanging us!
http://jalopnik.com/5961187/ford-bui...rport-security
Old 6th June 2013, 19:41   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Should not be a major problem with proper tuning and gearing. Just hope the first gear is not too tall. A lot of cars have no problems with engines of similar capacity. With 110 PS of power and approx 140 NM of torque it should deliver.
I agree. When I visited the Chennai dealer a couple of weeks back, I met a sales supervisor who was trained by Ford on the Ecosport. He seemed to be bullish on the 1.5 L Petrol option. He mentioned that Ford had done "extensive work" on this engine from the Fiesta to make it much more refined and powerful. Sounded like he was really positive about the 1.5L Automatic variant.

My guess is Ford is going to position this variant aggressively in terms of pricing. A lof of the features in this variant have been extensively publicized in the marketing campaigns (e.g. Hill Hold, Dual Clutch Auto etc.) Ford have also positioned this as a Titanium Variant but given it many of the features from Titanium plus level like Side Curtain Airbags etc. I hope the intent is to position it as a high-value variant, comprehensive in features but keeping price at a reasonable level, on par with other Titanium variants such as the Ecoboost and Diesel variants.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 6th June 2013 at 19:55.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks