Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2013, 22:27   #5596
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Gear Lock for Ecosport is finally in the market by Autocop but it's a U Type one (External) and not Pin-Type. Have been told that the Gearbox has a lot of Wires hence, no Pin Type Gear Lock will be Available.

By the way, got Star 3D Car Mats from Sai Mag Wheels, Delhi (Importers of HR/ HRS Alloy Wheels) and ordered Number Plate Frame! The Mat is same for Fiesta as well.
Hello tsk13,
I am too considering Star 3D mats as they appear to be a cost-effective alternative to 3D Kagu mats.I would like to hear from you about the quality and fit.A picture or two, if possible will be much helpful.Thank you!
Old 18th November 2013, 00:12   #5597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way, got Star 3D Car Mats from Sai Mag Wheels, Delhi (Importers of HR/ HRS Alloy Wheels) and ordered Number Plate Frame! The Mat is same for Fiesta as well.
I got my black 3D Star mats from the same place and would like to caution you that the mats are made for Fiesta and the driver side mat is not of proper size. My accelerator pedal got stuck in it twice (when its fully pressed) and it was a scary experience, i have chopped off the mat a little bit from the throttle side. The quality is extremely good for the price and they are very durable, have a set in my vento from past 1 year and its in great shape.

Also gear lock is not required since the car comes with an immobilizer.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 00:19   #5598

Is there no option to decrease the blower speed once climate control ac is turned on ,it is a typhoon,I bet.
And no comments regarding my earlier question about Headlamp projectors/HID kits ,DRLs fitted as after marketones being legal,according to MVD rules?
Ecosport rules,Johanskaria,"where art thou???"[Shakesperean,just to wake you up]
Old 18th November 2013, 00:19   #5599
BHPian

Quote:
Gear Lock for Ecosport is finally in the market by Autocop but it's a U Type one (External) and not Pin-Type. Have been told that the Gearbox has a lot of Wires hence, no Pin Type Gear Lock will be Available.
Any idea if they have one for the AT gearbox too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Also gear lock is not required since the car comes with an immobilizer.
2 Tata Safaris have been stolen within a span of 3 months in my neighborhood! They had immobilisers
While a gearlock is also not the ultimate answer to prevent theft atleast it increases the time & effort required which *may* be the difference between a car that is stolen or not sometimes. I also hope that between 2 cars - one with a gearlock & one without, a thief will choose the one without it for *convenience*
Old 18th November 2013, 01:27   #5600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Windshield fogging (Outside the windshield):

I need your expert advice on this issue.

Now that the rains are in and I often get caught in the rains at night, this issue has started of to be a VERY SERIOUS thing for me.

The misting is too bad that I hardly can see anything outside. It is better when it is raining but once the rain stops and we turn off the wipers the misting happens like what you see below on the outside of the windshield. I ll have to keep the wiper turned on even though its not raining. It happens so quick that I can't even turn the wiper to intermittent mode.
Jude, though I am not aware of the specific settings in Duster, here is the technical reason for this happening. It's a safety issue and common in rains so I thought might be worth. Warm air can carry more moisture than cold air. During rains the windshield becomes cold and the air inside sheds its moisture on coming in contact with the cooler windshield. That's why the mist on the inside. Sudden gusts of wind coupled with water can cool the windshield quickly while driving and hence the midst can appear all of a sudden. There are settings in every car to get rid of this mist, but they all work on the same principle...send some more fresh air to the inside of the windshield and it will pick up the moisture there. In my Ritz there is a blower position to do this, but it works effectively only when you circulate fresh air from the outside (which means you are reducing the temperature differential between outside and inside and also getting rid of the inside air which is already saturated). With this background, I hope you are able to find the optimum setting in the Dudtrr
Old 18th November 2013, 08:33   #5601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
i have chopped off the mat a little bit from the throttle side. The quality is extremely good
Could you please take a pictures of driver side mat after you chopped and post it to see how it looks like in your ES . Sadly I've also got the same but I'm yet to take delivery of my vehicle.

Regards
pkk_84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 10:01   #5602
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Windshield fogging (Outside the windshield):

I need your expert advice on this issue.

Now that the rains are in and I often get caught in the rains at night, this issue has started of to be a VERY SERIOUS thing for me.
..But yet, I am not able to get rid of this...
Try directing A/C onto the windshield or keep the windows (especially diagonal ones) a bit lower or put the A/C into external circulation mode.

Quote:
Wipers blades:

I have been observing this since day 1 i started using the wiper, if its starts raining heavily the wiper starts making a rubbing noise and it also kind of vibrates as it wipes. I acts as if its an age old wiper. Any suggestion on this issue is also welcome
Clean the windshield with fluoride (?) [Cibaca / Promise types] paste or use some fluids and wipe well with black and white newspaper. If these doesn't solve, please change the wipers to some good aftermarket stuffs (Hella / Bosch).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Color Lover View Post
...Should I stick with my Ecosport booking or buy an alto to suit my driving style saving 7 lakhs in the bargain?...
Please list down your expectations from the new car. Based on it, please buy one which suits your need and which you can afford. It doesn't mean that you have to buy the one which fits in the maximum limit of your budget. Anything which suits you the BEST should be your choice. If you can save some money while doing it, consider that as a bonus.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 18th November 2013 at 10:08.
Old 18th November 2013, 13:27   #5603
BHPian

Hello friends.
Pardon my ignorance but does ecosport titanium tdci come with an engine temprature gauge?? Was trying to figure out but the MID has so much info I got a bit confused.
Thanks.
Old 18th November 2013, 14:36   #5604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
Hello friends.
Pardon my ignorance but does ecosport titanium tdci come with an engine temprature gauge?? Was trying to figure out but the MID has so much info I got a bit confused.
Thanks.
From page 55 of the pdf user manual posted on this thread:

"B Information display and engine coolant temperature gauge
Displays the temperature of the engine coolant. At normal operating temperature
the indicator will remain in the center section."
Old 18th November 2013, 14:38   #5605

I am noticing a pattern of white spots when my car (less than a month old EcoSport) is parked under sun light. It is visible only where the background is dark and when viewed from a certain angle. Is it sign of some manufacturing defect? Do you see it in your copy? (You have to try hard to find them).

Disclaimer: This picture shows what I am talking about but it is not my car. The pattern is much more visible/prominent in this photo than what I see in my car but it is there for sure. Photo is taken from this page.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-carwindowpolarized.jpg  

Old 18th November 2013, 14:58   #5606
BHPian

Question to owners.
In the center of the instrument panel, above the fuel guage there is a dark colored spot.
After I switch off and lock the car there is a sort of red light flashing continuously.
What is this.
Is is this "Flashes when the Anti-theft System (PATS) has been activated"?
Old 18th November 2013, 15:09   #5607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Question to owners.
In the center of the instrument panel, above the fuel guage there is a dark colored spot.
After I switch off and lock the car there is a sort of red light flashing continuously.
What is this.
Is is this "Flashes when the Anti-theft System (PATS) has been activated"?
It is the Electronic engine immobiliser with floating code present in almost all cars!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 15:46   #5608
BHPian

This is the reflection of the parcel tray situated behind the back seat. It has a matt sort of finish with a perforated look and the reflection of this design is what you see in the rear windshield. You can see this even whilst driving on a sunny day. Guess we are all a bit paranoid about our new car..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmmer View Post
I am noticing a pattern of white spots when my car (less than a month old EcoSport) is parked under sun light. It is visible only where the background is dark and when viewed from a certain angle. Is it sign of some manufacturing defect? Do you see it in your copy? (You have to try hard to find them).

Disclaimer: This picture shows what I am talking about but it is not my car. The pattern is much more visible/prominent in this photo than what I see in my car but it is there for sure. Photo is taken from this page.
Moto-Mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 16:30   #5609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
This is the reflection of the parcel tray situated behind the back seat. It has a matt sort of finish with a perforated look and the reflection of this design is what you see in the rear windshield. You can see this even whilst driving on a sunny day. Guess we are all a bit paranoid about our new car..
I agree ;-)
These kind of reflection can be seen on almost all cars... New and old alike.
So don't worry buddy n enjoy the drive.
Old 18th November 2013, 17:51   #5610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmmer View Post
Nothing to worry here as mentioned by Moto-Mariner. I have seen these in quite a number of cars from various manufacturers. Even if its a defect, its not only in Ford. Ha Ha.

It shows you are starting to observe your car a lot more now than you have been observing cars generally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
Thanks for the info, I used to think it had something to do with the sunfilm:-).

Last edited by swami.n : 18th November 2013 at 17:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks