Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2013, 13:01   #5641
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Guys.. Good News from my side.. Yes! Finally my MACHINE is on it's way from Maker's plant to Home.
Below are few details:
Date of Booking: 1 Sep 13
Model: ES Trend 1.5 D
Congrats!

Thats really quick delivery in two and half months! One of the quickest i have seen.

Any updates on the better delivery times? Has the delivery time reduced?

Last edited by TaureanBull : 21st November 2013 at 13:03.
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 13:13   #5642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
All AT vehicles!!

Shifts are based on engine load, rpm, accelerator input, speed and even incline angle of the vehicle.

There's no fixed speed based shifting in any AT car.
Ahhh... common sense

Anyone who thinks gear change can be based on RPM alone must have only ever driven a car in a straight line on a flat road!
Old 21st November 2013, 13:29   #5643

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Congrats!

Thats really quick delivery in two and half months! One of the quickest i have seen.

I booked Diesel Titanium on 5th Sep, 2013 and took delivery on 27th Oct, 2013. I didn't even follow up with my SA/dealership during that time since I had no hope of getting it before Feb'14. Not sure whether it was my choice of color (chill) or advantage of living in small city or sheer luck, but it sure was such a pleasant surprise.

Loving every moment with my car...
hemmmer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 19:33   #5644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Any reason why you don't want to go for your own insurance? Would have saved you some sizeable amount.
Thanks Buddy,
Nothing specific. I just don't want to mess up in near future for any claims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Congrats!
Thanks Taurean.
When I enquired yesterday, my SA said its the same. For Diesel Ambiente, Trend its 3 months. For Diesel Titanium, T(O) its upto 6 months. I have enquired about Petrol.

Also they are slowly increasing the price of accessories too. For example, Fog Lamp is being billed at around 8K+ which is 2K higher than older price of 6K+.
Old 22nd November 2013, 09:14   #5645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Also they are slowly increasing the price of accessories too. For example, Fog Lamp is being billed at around 8K+ which is 2K higher than older price of 6K+.
IMO the accessories price is not controlled by Ford, at least nor actively. The prices differ at each showroom.

But its a matter of few months when the market would be flooded with ecosport accessories manufactured by other companies like in case of duster. Thereafter the accessories price would stabilize.
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 11:32   #5646
Senior - BHPian

Problem : Switching on ACC by pushing the ACC button does not switch on the "Internal Circulation" mode. So it becomes a 2 step process.
Solution : Switch on ACC by directly pushing the "Internal Circulation" mode button.

Won't go into details but for those with ACC and struggling with having to push 2 buttons to get the ACC working right, this 1 touch solution works on my car.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 12:37   #5647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Problem : Switching on ACC by pushing the ACC button does not switch on the "Internal Circulation" mode. So it becomes a 2 step process.
Solution : Switch on ACC by directly pushing the "Internal Circulation" mode button..
You are right I have been following this solution since day 1.Have written about it to ford through my dealer.
Surprisingly the fiestas recirculation mode comes on automatically when you switch the AC on
Old 22nd November 2013, 13:23   #5648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Solution : Switch on ACC by directly pushing the "Internal Circulation" mode button.

Won't go into details but for those with ACC and struggling with having to push 2 buttons to get the ACC working right, this 1 touch solution works on my car.
Thanks man, for the control freaks like me who worry about the air intake flaps staying open for the few seconds it takes me to hit the recirculation button, this really helps
Old 22nd November 2013, 15:17   #5649

I have query for the fellow Ecosport owners, I am planning for Under-chassis anti corrosion coating from 3M. Is it really neccessary to get it done if you stay in a place like Bangalore? I am really confused whether to get it done or stay away from it. Your inputs are much appreciated.
Rohith99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 16:47   #5650
BHPian

I did not get the coating done and don't intend to get it in future. I did not face any corrosion issues in the previous cars(I10, Dzire). If you have money to spare then go for it, but its not an absolute essential and can be skipped.

Last edited by sunilg33 : 22nd November 2013 at 16:49.
Old 22nd November 2013, 17:04   #5651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohith99 View Post
I have query for the fellow Ecosport owners, I am planning for Under-chassis anti corrosion coating from 3M. Is it really neccessary to get it done if you stay in a place like Bangalore? I am really confused whether to get it done or stay away from it. Your inputs are much appreciated.
Required only for coastal areas where there is lot of humidity and salt content in air. You should not bother about it. Drop the advise of dealer like a hot cake and carry on. He is trying to make money.
Old 22nd November 2013, 17:11   #5652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohith99 View Post
EcoSport already comes with underbody coating on chasing and body. Only the covers (like silencer supporter, engine fitments, etc ) are not having the rubber paint protection. So don't go for the complete coating, get only done for these small parts and that cost would be very less.
Old 22nd November 2013, 17:40   #5653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
EcoSport already comes with underbody coating on chasing and body. Only the covers (like silencer supporter, engine fitments, etc ) are not having the rubber paint protection. So don't go for the complete coating, get only done for these small parts and that cost would be very less.
I just got off from a chat with ford customer care. The executive says that there is no anti-corrosion warranty nor a warranty on paint. Warranty is only for mechanical and electrical parts. Is it true?
Old 22nd November 2013, 17:53   #5654
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Thanks ACM for the good info!

Can you please tell us what mileage are you getting in day to day city commute? Also how easy is the AT box to drive in back to back traffic? and while overtaking?
It is now up to 11.5-12kmpl. Initially it was 9.5 it has increased after 5000kms. The AT box is very easy to drive. But if one wants to drive aggressively one needs the sport mode and that will imply a fuel consumption around 10 kmpl in the city.
Old 22nd November 2013, 18:47   #5655
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Actually 3M has a standard pack for each vehicle entered into their ERP/Billing system and they are not flexible for this now. They used to negotiate earlier but no longer do so. The complete coating too leaves out a lot of places like the fuel tank and the engine guard which are in plastic and the heat shields around the silencer which are in silver finish.

The other objective being a bit of sound damping and reduction in sound from gravel kick up is served by a bigger coating area. No harm in making the existing coating thicker though.

Most Viewed