Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2013, 00:33   #5746
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Sorry about the accident but man you describe is what Road Rage is all about, and sadly this fight was initiated by you - a responsible Team-BHPian.

I suggest for your own well being and of your near and dear ones, please show some restraint. Accidents do happen - world is not perfect. You could have just noted down the bus number and lodged an FIR.
DCEite, the way these BMTC buses, they've got to be punished very very harshly. Drivers ought to set an example to others on road, since its their bread and butter, not bully around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Try noting the bus number and going to police to file an FIR. They will not even entertain you for a broken mirror. Fact is what zteg did is absolutely the right and only way in this situation.

You can never track down the bus and which driver later on. What will an FIR get you? Atleast here there was a chance to get some cash.

Anyways this is OT.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
The driver did'nt even have the courtesy to stop the bus. Followed the bus, overtook him and stopped right infront of him. Heated arguements took place until the police came. I was in no mood to let the driver go. Dragged him and the bus to the HAL police station.
Even if this is OT and shouldn't be discussed on this thread, I'd like to make a point. I know for a fact that a physical attack on a government employee on duty is a punishable offence. Just check the legalities around this. Else, I pretty much am with you.
blue_pulsar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 06:20   #5747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navkant View Post
Guys, I had cancelled my Amaze booking to book Ecosport 1.5P Ambiente in July. Now my sister and family are coming from Australia in last week of December. I am thinking of cancelling my Ecosport booking and go for Amaze again as I heard on radio that they are promising delivery with in a week. Really confused. Wish Ford was more professional and produced more Petrol vehicles. Really tired and sick of waiting :(
Hi navkant. Pretty sad to know that you have been have been a victim of ford's pathetic sales management.
Amaze misses the high stance and the solid construction feel of the Ecosport but its a quality product. You will feel safe always in Honda's hands.
Personally i like my ecosport but i'm very sceptical about Ford. They are not captalising on this wonderful opportunity. If they become transparent their customers about the booking and delivery schedules, they would have earned just not money but loyal customers. And this is how a brand builds. Just are ona high and therefore have forgotten to have cash on this super car and generate loyality too. Important to note here is that they currently do not enjoy a great brand loyality. Unfortunately they are repeating rhe FIAT story.
Said that Amaze is a quality product. Reliable package and Honda is very very customer centric. Honda took lessons from the way there dealers handeled the initial Amaze customers and have done a fantastic turnaround.
All the best. You have taken a wonderful decision.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 08:47   #5748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Ford Ecosport Scores 4/5 stars in Euro NCAP. Just for reference, Duster Score is 3/5.

Link : http://www.euroncap.com/results/ford/ecosport/538.aspx

Disappointing as I was expecting 5/5 stars.
It is not a very bad rating. Possibly the absense of some active safety measures like collision avoidance & pedestrian scanning cost it its last star.

In terms of basic impact safety it scores better that the latest Mitsubishi Outlander (my dream!!). "http://www.euroncap.com/results/mitsubishi/outlander_phev/543.aspx"

Following is the summary of Ecosport vs. Outlander :-

Frontal Impact 15.1 vs. 13.7
Side Car Impact 8 vs. 8
Side Pole Impact 7.5 vs. 6.9
Rear Impact whiplash 3.1 vs 3.3
Child crash safety 22 vs 22.3

Performs very safely vis a vis a much larger car.
sridhar-v is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 11:53   #5749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hi navkant. Pretty sad to know that you have been have been a victim of ford's pathetic sales management.
I am told that ford is taking direct control of all order booking from 1st Dec.
All orders will now have to be booked by the dealer directly in the name of the customer.
Srinivas C is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 12:37   #5750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
All orders will now have to be booked by the dealer directly in the name of the customer.
Finally some sense has got into Ford if this news is true.
I am no marketing expert it has been really bad handling by Ford so far in matters of EcoSport. This vehicle not only gave Ford good sales figure but was a golden opportunity for Ford to build on its brand image which they badly missed.
Though I have got my EcoSport delivered but this surely will help lot of people who are still waiting for their cars to be delivered.
Old 28th November 2013, 13:53   #5751
BHPian

When do we do 1st service for Diesel Ecosport.
Looks like some owners are doing it at 1000 km and some at 2500 KM
Is it different for Titanium and Titanium (O)
Old 28th November 2013, 13:55   #5752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When do we do 1st service for Diesel Ecosport.
Looks like some owners are doing it at 1000 km and some at 2500 KM
Is it different for Titanium and Titanium (O)
It's the same for all. First service is at 2500kms or 3 months.
Old 28th November 2013, 14:07   #5753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
It's the same for all. First service is at 2500kms or 3 months.
For some reason I don't know , I got mine done at 1000 KM.
I was under the impression that it is 1000km/1 month.

My mistake that I did not ever see the service coupon
Old 28th November 2013, 14:12   #5754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Ford Ecosport Scores 4/5 stars in Euro NCAP. Just for reference, Duster Score is 3/5.

Link : http://www.euroncap.com/results/ford/ecosport/538.aspx
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
It is not a very bad rating. Possibly the absense of some active safety measures like collision avoidance & pedestrian scanning cost it its last star.

In terms of basic impact safety it scores better that the latest Mitsubishi Outlander (my dream!!). "http://www.euroncap.com/results/mitsubishi/outlander_phev/543.aspx"
Thanks gentlemen, for posting the link.
I also had a look at the detailed PDF, and the detailed rating is quite impressive, especially for all occupants. What was very impressive was that the protection ratings were similar irrespective of person sizes and location in the vehicle.

This is quite a big reason by itself, to own an Ecosport, and even wait patiently for one, than settle on a lesser package.

Last edited by roy_libran : 28th November 2013 at 14:14.
Old 28th November 2013, 14:33   #5755
BHPian

Quote:

That is an awesome news. Ford really needs to tighten their buckles in CRM front. Even now if they now act in the right direction, they can still make it to big league.

Another thing Ford should do is give out an apology in all dailies about this mess. This will definately send a good message amount prospective buyers.
Old 28th November 2013, 14:39   #5756
BHPian

Quote:
Amaze misses the high stance and the solid construction feel of the Ecosport but its a quality product. You will feel safe always in Honda's hands.
Personally i like my ecosport but i'm very sceptical about Ford. They are not captalising on this wonderful opportunity. If they become transparent their customers about the booking and delivery schedules, they would have earned just not money but loyal customers. And this is how a brand builds. Just are ona high and therefore have forgotten to have cash on this super car and generate loyality too. Important to note here is that they currently do not enjoy a great brand loyality. Unfortunately they are repeating rhe FIAT story.
Said that Amaze is a quality product. Reliable package and Honda is very very customer centric. Honda took lessons from the way there dealers handeled the initial Amaze customers and have done a fantastic turnaround.
All the best. You have taken a wonderful decision.
Thanks Harpreet,

Honda definitely is customer friendly. They had given back my entire booking amount when I cancelled my booking. Spoke to the Honda SM. He has promised to help and try to give a delivery against any cancellation (if any) before 30th Nov. Lets see whats in store but I dont want to feel sad every time I see a Mars Red beast on the road :(
On the Ecosport booking, still no idea about the delivery date. Dealer says he can only allot if he gets any vehicles from plant and the customer care says, Dealer can only tell you about the delivery dates as he is the one who allots vehicles to customers :(

Quote:
That is an awesome news. Ford really needs to tighten their buckles in CRM front. Even now if they now act in the right direction, they can still make it to big league.

Another thing Ford should do is give out an apology in all dailies about this mess. This will definately send a good message amount prospective buyers.
Apologies? The simplest thing they can do is give 50% or more price protection to existing bookings. That single move can boost their brand perception by many folds.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th November 2013 at 14:49.
Old 28th November 2013, 14:51   #5757
BHPian

@ All Ecosport Enthusiasts,

This thread is on track to become the highest viewed (most popular) entity in a couple of days overtaking its big brother Ford Figo
navkant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 16:11   #5758
Senior - BHPian

Look what I found!

Dear BHPians

How many Free Services does the Ecosport come with, 2 or 3? I only have two coupons and since I'm coming from Hyundai I'm the one whose got 3 Free Services.

Further, Yesterday when I opened the Glove Box to reach for the Manual, I found a Zebra WhereTag IV basically used to Locate Assets such as a Specific Vehicle in the Ford Factory.

Quote from Zebra's Website regarding Ford
Quote:
Knowing what you have and where it is within the supply chain at any given time should be straightforward. After all, it doesn't require sophisticated technology solutions to see when a box is empty or when it's full. "By implementing VTMS, we can now locate exactly which vehicle we want or need in a matter of seconds. Before we began using VTMS, the same process could easily take hours."
Detailed Information at Source: https://www.zebra.com/us/en/solution...ries/ford.html
I will be emailing Ford asking them to collect their Tag!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-tbhp1.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-tbhp2.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-tbhp3.jpg  

Last edited by tsk13 : 28th November 2013 at 16:14.
tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 17:12   #5759
BHPian

Hi Guys !

Just a quick question.. are the MRF tyres really bad... or is it just hearsay blown outta proportion ? Would be happy if the experts could give their 2 cents on this as my ecosport has been delivered with MRF's and i havent faced any issues as yet !
Old 28th November 2013, 17:49   #5760
Senior - BHPian

EcoSport scores 5-Star rating in Latin NCAP:

http://www.latinncap.com/en/results-list

This time pedestrian safety is not considered & the rating jumps by a much needed 1-Star to 5-Star.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks