Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2013, 14:26   #5821
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Something that I noticed:

Car is locked, passenger gets down, central locking is now disabled when the passenger door is open. The passenger tries to open the rear door from outside but it's locked. The central locking button on the dash shows that it's OFF. To open it the driver door has to be opened or the central button needs to be pressed twice (First press activates the central locking and second press disables it).

Anybody noticed this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
I guess that's the way it works ? I found this when i tried to unlock the boot door by pressing the unlock button on panel , we need to press twice to make that happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Naveen, it happens in my Titanium(O) too. Though not logical, relieved that the two press option finally opens the door. Have had people stare at me when I claim that door is indeed open and they are not able to open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Just the way it is supposed to work. Ideally they should have given another led on the same button to indicate that one of the doors is open but the rest are still locked - but they have not done that so this is the best that is possible with the door lock indicator going off. Happens to me as well all the time with Wifee opening her passenger side door to get off before I switch off the vehicle.
Hey guys,

Its the same with my car too.Initially before I figured out the problem I used to think the system is faulty.But then it works like that.

As ACM said they should have given a second light
Old 3rd December 2013, 16:45   #5822

EVery time i start the vehicle ,the tracks on the USB gets Indexed and it starts from the first song.
Can anybody tell me how to set it in such a way that it starts off from last track that was playing when you switched off the vehicle previously.
Old 3rd December 2013, 17:15   #5823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjeetnair View Post
EVery time i start the vehicle ,the tracks on the USB gets Indexed and it starts from the first song.
Can anybody tell me how to set it in such a way that it starts off from last track that was playing when you switched off the vehicle previously.
This is strange. My system also rebuilds the index every time I start the car, but starts playing from the last song I played.
Old 3rd December 2013, 17:28   #5824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjeetnair View Post
I have an ipod connected and it remembers the last played track (though it shows a popup for indexing).

Do you take out the USB after turning off the vehicle? Also which trim level is your vehicle?
JollyPope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 18:26   #5825

My trim is a Titanium Diesel. I use Philips go gear as USB,which remains connected to the port even after i switch off the engine.
Old 4th December 2013, 00:41   #5826

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshBLR View Post
Hi Sanju, Congrats for the awesomeness. Can you please help me with contact number for Mr. Srinivas and which city? How much does it cost?
Many thanks
Mr.Srinivas Gopal is in Visakapatnam,Andhrapradesh and I tell you he is a puccah professional and he knows his job well.You can contact him at 09849314812.
Old 4th December 2013, 09:46   #5827
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks,

Any experience on long drives or highway performance of Ecosport? I was looking for something in travelogues section but could nt find any.
Old 4th December 2013, 10:11   #5828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
I have an ipod connected and it remembers the last played track (though it shows a popup for indexing).

Do you take out the USB after turning off the vehicle? Also which trim level is your vehicle?
You will have to download the SYNC update from the website on a formatted USB and install it on the EcoSport system. Initially before the update I also used to have this problem of Tracks being Indexed please wait for 3-4 minutes before it would start to play. However after the update the last rack played comes on immediately after cranking the engine. I use an Ipod Nano. However if I want to manually choose a playlist or Artiste I have to disconnect the Ipod and then choose it manually - that is without using the Voice commands.
Old 4th December 2013, 10:16   #5829
BHPian

Please also check my Step-by-Step Instruction on how to download the SYNC update and upgrade the system on the Ecosport posted on Page 324 of this Topic.

Please let me know if you cannot find it & I will post it again
Old 4th December 2013, 10:25   #5830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Hi Folks,

Any experience on long drives or highway performance of Ecosport? I was looking for something in travelogues section but could nt find any.
Its an excellent vehicle on highways. Steering weighs up nicely at high speeds and the engine doesn't feel strained at triple digit speeds. The body roll is also well controlled. Just need to slow down near pot holes and be careful during sudden high speed manoeuvres.
After multiple long drives(500+) my family and friends feels its less tiresome compared to other hatchbacks and pseudo sedans.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 10:37   #5831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks View Post
Mr.Srinivas Gopal is in Visakapatnam,Andhrapradesh and I tell you he is a puccah professional and he knows his job well.You can contact him at 09849314812.
For the DRLs, is it possible to do a DIY of removing the stock headlighths and fixing the modified ones once it is shipped back. Or do we have to visit a local mechanic to get it done ?
Old 4th December 2013, 11:39   #5832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
For the DRLs, is it possible to do a DIY of removing the stock headlighths and fixing the modified ones once it is shipped back. Or do we have to visit a local mechanic to get it done ?
It is clip on , Srinivas will provide guidance on wiring part and Ballast installation part . It wont be that hard for us to get it done .
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 15:45   #5833
BHPian

Seems like Ford is all set to hike the prices again. A member in the other forum says he has got a mail from Ford stating the same. Has anyone else got such mails? I hope it is fake news. #fingerscrossed
Old 4th December 2013, 16:10   #5834
BHPian

A bit of notoriety coming the Ecosports way.

On the run on rape charges Narayan Sai son of Asha ram was finally caught near Delhi in a silver UP 15 registered Ecosport.

What is being put up on twitter is that the car in question was a Diesel titanium optional pack vehicle and apparently he got delivery way back as he has been absconding for around 2 months.

Now I still do not know how accurate are the facts but channels are continuously showing the car, one reporter even pointing the features and the speed of 99 bhp lol.
Old 4th December 2013, 17:50   #5835
BHPian

Hello BHPIANS
I'm just curious.
Did anybody of you got a feedback call directly from Ford about your purchase experience or about your experience about the service at Ford ?
I have heard nothing from them at all.

Most Viewed