Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2013, 17:25   #5911
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4gautam View Post
Hello Everyone !

I am planning to get teflon coating done on my White Ecosport. Any suggestions / recommendations on the same ?

I have always got 3M Teflon Coating done on all my cars and my 4 year old cruze still shines like brand new thanks to that (i think)

What do the experts have to say on this ?
If you've been happy with it and believe it adds to the shine, then go for it. I'd only suggest getting it done at a reputed 3M franchise in the NCR, and not at your dealer.

Since its white, stay away from the 3M PPF (paint protection film) - it gets a yellowish hue on white colour which looks quite bad.
Old 10th December 2013, 17:39   #5912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4gautam View Post
I am planning to get teflon coating done on my White Ecosport.
What do the experts have to say on this ?
The overall opnion about Teflon quoting is negative on TBHP. You can get specific details about same on this thread
Old 10th December 2013, 19:55   #5913
BHPian

Query to Ecoboost owners, have any of you changed oil in the first service? If yes what grade and brand of oil did the svc use? The manual states 5w20 or 5w30 (not that it makes a big difference and will have the same water like consistency). Apparently the availability of these grades outside are a bit rare.

Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 01:29   #5914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks View Post
I am getting an FE of 10.8 km/l for my TDCI,with city driving and AC on, always.It has crossed hardly 1100 kms.Is it a cause for concern? Should I take the vehicle to the dealer?
The ecosport manual clearly states that you should not rely nor measure fuel economy till 4500kms.

But what you are stating is too low, have you tried to reset the MID average FE value and recheck.

Also try the full tank to full tank method just go cross check with MIDs accuracy (though the MID in ecosport is surprisingly accurate

If the problem still persists is better to get it to your service advisors notice.

My values after tallying values from both methods are:
14 to 16 kmpl in city.
16 to 19 on the highway.
14.5 mixed

Hope this helps.
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 07:53   #5915

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
The ecosport manual clearly states that you should not rely nor measure fuel economy till 4500kms. But what you are stating is too low, have you tried to reset the MID average FE value and recheck. Also try the full tank to full tank method just go cross check with MIDs accuracy (though the MID in ecosport is surprisingly accurate If the problem still persists is better to get it to your service advisors notice. My values after tallying values from both methods are: 14 to 16 kmpl in city. 16 to 19 on the highway. 14.5 mixed Hope this helps.
After receiving valuable inputs from fellow BHPians I reset my MID and lo and behold FE went upto 23kmpl.This was one setting that I had not reset,my mistake.
Anyways,Team BHP rocks!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image884657865.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 11th December 2013 at 19:34. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 11th December 2013, 08:00   #5916

Quote:
The ecosport manual clearly states that you should not rely nor measure fuel economy till 4500kms. But what you are stating is too low, have you tried to reset the MID average FE value and recheck. Also try the full tank to full tank method just go cross check with MIDs accuracy (though the MID in ecosport is surprisingly accurate If the problem still persists is better to get it to your service advisors notice. My values after tallying values from both methods are: 14 to 16 kmpl in city. 16 to 19 on the highway. 14.5 mixed Hope this helps.
What are the best settings for audio with regards to volume,treble, bass, middle and DSP occupancy for smooth music listening, without irritating, you because too much treble settings for example is not soothing and on the contrary can be disturbing(subjective of course).
Old 13th December 2013, 08:37   #5917
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

My baby is 13 days old and have crossed 750 kms in odo. I face some issue in front left suspension. Whenever I cross a speed breaker @ 20 kmph with pre-braking (applying brakes and releasing it before my front wheel hits speed breaker) I see my front left Tyre falls rough on to ground as if there is no suspension at all wherein my front right is smooth. But when I cross @ less than 20kmph I feel it's fine. Any suggestions.? It makes me worried.
Old 13th December 2013, 08:48   #5918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What are the best settings for audio with regards to volume,treble, bass, middle and DSP occupancy for smooth music listening, without irritating, you because too much treble settings for example is not soothing and on the contrary can be disturbing(subjective of course).
This is a very very subjective topic. If you want to arrive at the best settings, please choose a favourite song of yours and while playing, keep adjusting various parameters. There would be one who likes some extra bit of bass while someone else prefer extra bit of treble.

So I suggest you vary the settings bit by bit till you find one which satisfies you.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 09:47   #5919
Senior - BHPian

Stock settings (i.e. one the ones on reset) make the speakers screech somehow is what i noticed. I've reduced the BASS & Treble considerably from the stock settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This is a very very subjective topic. If you want to arrive at the best settings, please choose a favourite song of yours and while playing, keep adjusting various parameters. There would be one who likes some extra bit of bass while someone else prefer extra bit of treble.

So I suggest you vary the settings bit by bit till you find one which satisfies you.

But +1 to what swiftnfurious said. Except for the suggestion that loud noise can harm your hearing, the setup is pretty much your personal choice unless you are facing any specific issues that you want the team here to talk about.
Old 13th December 2013, 10:42   #5920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Hi BHPians,

My baby is 13 days old and have crossed 750 kms in odo. I face some issue in front left suspension. Whenever I cross a speed breaker @ 20 kmph with pre-braking (applying brakes and releasing it before my front wheel hits speed breaker) I see my front left Tyre falls rough on to ground as if there is no suspension at all wherein my front right is smooth. But when I cross @ less than 20kmph I feel it's fine. Any suggestions.? It makes me worried.
Emulate the scenario with your servive manager and if it not possible to do that install the comfort buffer/donut.That should solve the problem.

Quote:
As others have rightly pointed out audio pleasure is purely subjective.

My personal settings which work just fine are.
1.treble +3
2.bass +3
3.mid 0

If there is too much irritation tweek the bass and treble.

DSP occupancy:
I found optimize for all better than optimize for driver, but again its very subjective.

Your ears are your best judges.Its like medical hearing tests webers and rinne-each persons result is different.

Hope it helps
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 10:42   #5921
BHPian

I have taken my EcoBoost to a short highway trip and I got a good mileage of 17.7. The details are shared in my ownership review http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3318567
Old 14th December 2013, 00:19   #5922
BHPian

Hello everybody and warm wishes to all

I am a newbie here (guilty of being on the fringes for a few months). I have booked an Ecosport TDCI Titanium on the 1st of july and have received confirmation of the delivery today after a pretty long and taxing wait. The emotions in these five-and-a-half months have ranged from exuberance to down right desperation. The cheer generally associated with a new-car purchase is now down to just a plain sigh. I believe all you wonderful Team Bhpians do a fantastic job, and your inputs (I shall abstain from taking any names) about various aspects of the vehicle have kept my spirits going at times when i felt like cancelling my booking.
I shall hereon try to be an active participant in the forum discussions.

Slightly OT: I have this information in good faith that the Hyundai R&D facility at Hyderabad has taken delivery of two Ford Ecosports to deconstruct it completely and study.
laferrari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 08:38   #5923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laferrari View Post
Hello everybody and warm wishes to all

I am a newbie here (guilty of being on the fringes for a few months). I have booked an Ecosport TDCI Titanium on the 1st of july and have received confirmation of the delivery today after a pretty long and taxing wait.
Congratulations laferrari. Who is your dealer in Hyderabad? I've booked mine with Fortune Ford, Tolichowki on 21 Oct. Last time I talked to SA she said July booked vehicles are being delivered now. And for me, it is 6 more months of tiresome waiting.

One thing that bothers me is Mody and Vibrant Ford are quoting 3-4 months while Fortune Ford is quoting 8 months for Titanium TDCi variant. I don't know who to believe
Apple is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 15:10   #5924
BHPian

Thanks apple. I have booked through mody ford. I was offered a choice of either black or mars red, but I was adamant about white and thus an extra month of waiting.

I believe though that the later bookings may not have to wait the quoted 6 months as the footfalls have come down considerably. The waiting periods quoted too are a deterrent for new prospective customers.

As per your analysis that mody n vibrant are quoting 3-4 months as against 8 months quoted by fortune ford, this hugely depends on the number of vehicles allotted to them, which is directly proportional to the number of sales of the slow movers (ford endeavor, new fiesta, fiesta classic etc)
laferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2013, 12:35   #5925

Quote:
The ecosport manual clearly states that you should not rely nor measure fuel economy till 4500kms.

But what you are stating is too low, have you tried to reset the MID average FE value and recheck.

Also try the full tank to full tank method just go cross check with MIDs accuracy (though the MID in ecosport is surprisingly accurate

If the problem still persists is better to get it to your service advisors notice.

My values after tallying values from both methods are:
14 to 16 kmpl in city.
16 to 19 on the highway.
14.5 mixed

Hope this helps.

Hi I have just taken delivery of my mars red TO eco sport I notivce you have projection lamps with angel lights and led lights

Could share your source and the cost
Does any body know who would open the original lights and fit a full hid projection light kit
I have a full Bosch kit .
Thanks
zarryl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks